Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 28 Feb 2015, 10:44 (Ref:3509993)   #926
Backagain
Racer

Backagain has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
I was sitting there mid race busting to go to the toilet and needing a coffee
Going to have to learn to plan better
Really ? Wow, you must have FOXTEL then.
Old 28 Feb 2015, 10:50 (Ref:3509997)   #927
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backagain View Post
Really ? Wow, you must have FOXTEL then.
Thinking you might be new to this thread.
But yes, yes i do.
Old 28 Feb 2015, 12:23 (Ref:3510023)   #928
billybanana
Veteran

billybanana should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbillybanana should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm liking the banter between Skaife & Ingall already. Jess doesn't try to control them to much which is good. Murph nervous nellie, but he'll take some time to get the swing of things, especially the interviews where they're a bit corny right now.

Three days in front of the telly so far and even Mrs Banana is really liking it too. TBH I thought I'd be served divorce papers by now. We'll see how that pans out by Homebush
Old 28 Feb 2015, 12:32 (Ref:3510026)   #929
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by billybanana View Post
I'm liking the banter between Skaife & Ingall already. Jess doesn't try to control them to much which is good. Murph nervous nellie, but he'll take some time to get the swing of things, especially the interviews where they're a bit corny right now.

Three days in front of the telly so far and even Mrs Banana is really liking it too. TBH I thought I'd be served divorce papers by now. We'll see how that pans out by Homebush
The way Mr Murphy asks his questions is quite um.. aggressive... It wouldnt be a surprise to see someone (maybe in a blue suit) ignore him/push him out of the garage/tell him to go away sooner rather than later..
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 28 Feb 2015, 19:13 (Ref:3510107)   #930
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Could someone please remind Crompo that he is not commentating on NASCAR and stop referring to "the fourteen" or "the 33 car" it is so damned annoying.
Well, I mean, the cars are numbered...easier to call them by their numbers, especially when all race control issues are done using them.
Old 28 Feb 2015, 20:48 (Ref:3510122)   #931
Backagain
Racer

Backagain has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Thinking you might be new to this thread.
But yes, yes i do.
No, not new, but thinking you must have used at least half of your 10,000 posts boring everyone s****tless preaching about Foxtel.
Old 28 Feb 2015, 20:55 (Ref:3510123)   #932
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
No, not new, but thinking you must have used at least half of your 10,000 posts boring everyone s****tless preaching about Foxtel.
Thats not very nice. Why the need to be insulting?
Old 28 Feb 2015, 21:33 (Ref:3510137)   #933
porsche91722
Veteran

Australia
S.E.Qld
porsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Thats not very nice. Why the need to be insulting?
He was stating a fact. Here's another one.
You are probably partly the reason why a lot of people don't bother posting here any more.
We get the idea of your love affair with Foxtel. You just don't have to keep on pushing the product. It starts to get on everyone's nerves, but then again, that's probably what you are trying to do anyway.
Enjoy the rest of your day, in front of your Foxtel screen.
Old 28 Feb 2015, 21:47 (Ref:3510140)   #934
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche91722 View Post
He was stating a fact. Here's another one.
You are probably partly the reason why a lot of people don't bother posting here any more.
We get the idea of your love affair with Foxtel. You just don't have to keep on pushing the product. It starts to get on everyone's nerves, but then again, that's probably what you are trying to do anyway.
Enjoy the rest of your day, in front of your Foxtel screen.
Maybe, however just as likely you are also the reason with your constant insults about v8 fans and the series itself. You don't exactly make them feel welcome. thus there are not many v8 fans here any more.

However this is the thread about the new media package, surely I can talk about Foxtel in this thread.

Surely i can give my thoughts after Foxtels first attempt at screening a race, without being insulted.

That is after all what forums are about
Old 28 Feb 2015, 22:07 (Ref:3510146)   #935
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
New media package was excellent, imo.
Old 28 Feb 2015, 22:31 (Ref:3510149)   #936
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Make sure you've got your chamber pot on standby, Pecky.
Old 28 Feb 2015, 22:52 (Ref:3510151)   #937
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Well, I mean, the cars are numbered...easier to call them by their numbers, especially when all race control issues are done using them.
Cars have had numbers in Australian Motorsport for decades (even though the car numbers are so small these days they are irrelevant..but thats another issue), and race control has issued its calls by car numbers for a long time too...

...yet commentator/s in V8SC calling the cars like that is only a recent trend.

even Mike Raymond, who was the most 'American' style commentator we ever had in this championship, never called the cars this way.

Last edited by one five five; 28 Feb 2015 at 23:07.
Old 28 Feb 2015, 23:01 (Ref:3510153)   #938
porsche91722
Veteran

Australia
S.E.Qld
porsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Maybe, however just as likely you are also the reason with your constant insults about v8 fans and the series itself. You don't exactly make them feel welcome. thus there are not many v8 fans here any more.

However this is the thread about the new media package, surely I can talk about Foxtel in this thread.

Surely i can give my thoughts after Foxtels first attempt at screening a race, without being insulted.

That is after all what forums are about
This thread is about the TV coverage..... correct!
However, as you brought it up, I will respond.
The series..... has gone downhill and been poorly run over the last few years, through self interested administrators Other people may have a different perspective of the time frame.
The racing...... has become boring. Yesterdays races, no different. Why do I watch it? I live in hope! I'll watch the crappiest m/sport before anything else, but I found myself flicking across to the cricket in the first race yesterday, sad to say, that finished early.
The cars.... spec series rubbish! I'm a sports car racing fan. I like variety. Different makes of cars, engine capacities, drive trains etc

The drivers....... the top half dozen or so are world class, the rest wouldn't make the cut in any of the top racing series overseas. That's why they are still here in Australia.
The circuits........We are lucky we have one of the best tracks in the world here, in Bathurst, which generally throws up the series, best race of the year and is probably their only saving grace. Street circuits- rubbish.
The fans...... I probably do lay it on a bit thick sometimes , however some, not all wouldn't look out of place amongst Collingwood or South Sydney supporters in the respective footy codes
Coincidentally, I wrote this article yesterday, so in a shameless act of self promotion https://porsche91722.wordpress.com/

Last edited by porsche91722; 28 Feb 2015 at 23:07.
Old 28 Feb 2015, 23:18 (Ref:3510158)   #939
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
New media package was excellent, imo.
What have the ratings been like.

I saw foxtel got 45k on Friday which compared to 125k for AFL trial games that same day
Old 1 Mar 2015, 03:50 (Ref:3510221)   #940
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrut View Post
Mr Webber has been looking bored for the last 2 days.
Better places to be ?

I reckon talking about touring cars wouldn't be as interesting as his other job driving an LMP1 machine. He's never been a big fan of V8s so I'm surprised he wasn't hired just to do their F1 stuff.
Old 1 Mar 2015, 05:32 (Ref:3510232)   #941
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
75k Saturday viewing on foxtel. Down compared to rugby union & much less than a league.

Ten coverage was 283k.

Anyone recall the clipsal ratings from 2014?
Old 1 Mar 2015, 05:45 (Ref:3510235)   #942
cmifsud
Racer

Australia
Australia
cmifsud should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
cant find last year but dug these up from 2009
http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2009/03/week-12-2.html
Old 1 Mar 2015, 08:30 (Ref:3510282)   #943
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Mr Webber was pretty good all weekend, talking about issues in terms of mind management, of maintaining focus, energy levels and some of the tricks around deflecting attention from being hot...

Nobody talked over him either, or tried to put words in his mouth.. which was also a feature of the chats with Mr Kelly & Mr Larkham.

Mr Murphy seemed to spit a dictionary every time, talking on and on, and the answers were far shorter than the questions.

And we got to see the podium!! And an after-event wrap. Although they ignored many incidents directly (Mr Percat's fall from 4th to oblivion one such example...)

More work to do, but a good start.
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 1 Mar 2015, 08:38 (Ref:3510287)   #944
V8gina
Rookie

V8gina should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have to say i enjoyed to weekends racing on Foxtel.

1. HD picture was amazing - often switched to CH10 and difference was remarkable.
2. Watching via IQ2 and being able to pause, come back and Fast Forward etc... made it convenient and a bit of a time saver at times.
3. No ad breaks - ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC

Still a fews things to improve, namely Murph and Larko should do a swap, otherwise I'd say worth paying for Foxtel instead of relying on FTA Ch10.
Old 1 Mar 2015, 08:49 (Ref:3510296)   #945
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
By the way the Fox Sports people were talking at the end of the telecast, Fox Sports isn't showing the V8 races from Albert Park, seemingly just the F1 bits.
Old 1 Mar 2015, 08:53 (Ref:3510300)   #946
bortall
Racer

Australia
West Gippsland
bortall should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
FTA in my opinion was nothing to get excited about.

Matt White not commentating was a bonus, he is ok as host.

But overall not much different from what 7 was doing (as expected as V8TV are doing the vision).

Murph does appear out of his league at the moment & Riana is as useless as usual.

Of course any half decent coverage now disappears for a few months.
Old 1 Mar 2015, 09:11 (Ref:3510315)   #947
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
One thing i was pleased about was they increased the size of the timing, yesterday and the test day the driver was in a larger font than the numbers. Today the same. good move

Im hoping for a bit more data though. any reason why we cant have constant interval gaps showing.

there is a lot to watch, going to drive my family nutty

Last edited by peckstar; 1 Mar 2015 at 09:18.
Old 1 Mar 2015, 09:12 (Ref:3510316)   #948
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands

Last edited by peckstar; 1 Mar 2015 at 09:17. Reason: woops double post
Old 1 Mar 2015, 09:48 (Ref:3510326)   #949
rustyinsthoz
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
rustyinsthoz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting that Ch10 only one add break from lap 35 to the end of the race. Although their add breaks average about 3m20sec during the race.
Old 1 Mar 2015, 10:01 (Ref:3510331)   #950
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyinsthoz View Post
Interesting that Ch10 only one add break from lap 35 to the end of the race. Although their add breaks average about 3m20sec during the race.
I expect that foxtel pay the majority of the cost thus ch ten don't have to raise as much revenue as ch 7 did last year and thus can show less ads or at least can show them at more opportune times