Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > A1GP

Old 22 Feb 2009, 15:11 (Ref:2401872)   #76
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yesterday's history and finding the direct URL's worked for me.

Fair races - nothing special. The telemetry is awesome though, A1GP is leading all other series on this front.

Ireland being punted out's helped get the championship going - looked like Carroll was going to walk it otherwise.

Great drives from Bleeky and Jani
Old 22 Feb 2009, 15:51 (Ref:2401891)   #77
rychard
Rookie

rychard has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
It was a brilliant day. fast cars, glamour, colour and atmosphere.

Each day the circuit looked better as teams worked during the nights to finish painting. It was 100 X better than Durban ..........
Old 22 Feb 2009, 16:03 (Ref:2401895)   #78
kerrmanningjarv
Veteran

England
London
kerrmanningjarv should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Brilliant feature race in my opinion - action throughout, overtaking and close racing along with pit dramas and collisions too. I really really enjoyed it.
Old 22 Feb 2009, 16:05 (Ref:2401898)   #79
kerrmanningjarv
Veteran

England
London
Wonderful feature race had me on the edge of my seat from start to finish. Neel once again showed why he was the class of the field, as did Filipe A. coming through the field.

Also great drives from Felipe Guimaraes, Zahir Ali and Daniel Morad too,
Old 22 Feb 2009, 17:48 (Ref:2401935)   #80
RichardRenes
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam
RichardRenes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by nic.v814
Team New Zealand seem to be struggling with the new car, they dont seem to be getting the results as easily as last year.
I think something else is happening.. This year, New Zealand is not partnering with anyone, and it starts to show, as teams like Netherlands, Ireland, Portugal and Switserland are now gaining an advantage fast.
Old 22 Feb 2009, 18:55 (Ref:2401956)   #81
Mak
Veteran

Mak should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Richard, 100% false.... Team NZ is still part of the David Sears group of teams as it has been for last 3 seasons. It is partnered with India, Brazil and Lebannon. It is totally the same crew, engineer as in previous seasons.
Old 22 Feb 2009, 19:02 (Ref:2401963)   #82
kerrmanningjarv
Veteran

England
London
Correct, NZL is with Brazil now, while India and Lebanon are also together... but all 4 share data.
Old 23 Feb 2009, 00:43 (Ref:2402090)   #83
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Disappnting round for Team Australia with the Bushfire Relief support - next round fella's
Old 23 Feb 2009, 03:18 (Ref:2402139)   #84
Kiwi3
Veteran

New Zealand
Beijing
Kiwi3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKiwi3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Australia are getting better and better and seem to have got a much better grip on the new car than they got on the old one. That podium for John Martin cannot be far away.
Old 23 Feb 2009, 03:52 (Ref:2402146)   #85
nic.v814
Racer

New Zealand
Perth
nic.v814 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi3
Australia are getting better and better and seem to have got a much better grip on the new car than they got on the old one. That podium for John Martin cannot be far away.
Why doesnt NZ and Ozzy work together??
Old 23 Feb 2009, 06:22 (Ref:2402171)   #86
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Why doesnt NZ and Ozzy work together??
Because you guys bowled the underarm....

Hard luck for NZL,not much you can do about a kamikazee attack.
Old 23 Feb 2009, 06:45 (Ref:2402175)   #87
MCWB
Veteran

MCWB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armco Bender
Because you guys bowled the underarm....
Love it!

Looks like once again we had some great action, I really hope this thing stays afloat!

Last edited by MCWB; 23 Feb 2009 at 06:49.
Old 23 Feb 2009, 06:57 (Ref:2402178)   #88
Kiwi3
Veteran

New Zealand
Beijing
Kiwi3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKiwi3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
NZ might as well be a state of Australia. It is pretty is in sporting terms, culturally, and economically, the only thing in the way is pride. Also I see in the news today that a common border may soon happen, another step in that direction.

Sorry to be off-topic.

P.S. Reason given for the official web site appearing unavailable was simply that the server could not handle the high demand. Perhaps A1GP is still picking up fans or perhaps lots of people in South Africa were tuning in.

Last edited by Kiwi3; 23 Feb 2009 at 08:01.
Old 23 Feb 2009, 22:00 (Ref:2402746)   #89
kerrmanningjarv
Veteran

England
London
I would not blame Fauzy totally for Bamber's incident - did you see how many times and how vigourously Bamber was defending? Fauzy went for a move, Bamber shut the door HARD and they touched. Hardly all Fauzy's fault.

Seems that just because he had a collision with the popular Irish team, that everyone is blaming him for the NZL incident too.
Old 24 Feb 2009, 02:09 (Ref:2402851)   #90
Kiwi3
Veteran

New Zealand
Beijing
If the one direction change rule applies then I agree that some of Bamber's defensive driving was borderline, but I think the actual incident was a case of an agricultural nerf up the rear from Fauzy. No doubt he sees it differently.

The Ireland clash was even worse, Carroll had given him ample room.
Old 24 Feb 2009, 02:48 (Ref:2402862)   #91
diabloA1
Racer

diabloA1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Were you able to see where exactly Fauzy was in relation to Carroll just before contact? There was no footage of this. Fauzy is not expected to oblige to Carrol go "After you sir!" as he was maintaining his line.

Whether Fauzy should have given Carroll space to 'close the door' depends on where he was in relation to Carroll's car. Also remember that the stewards would have seen this and would have penalized Fauzy for any wrong doing.

So far we're making conclusions based only on Carroll's viewpoint and we expect him to say that he was 'wronged'. That is what drivers do.
Old 24 Feb 2009, 08:07 (Ref:2402950)   #92
RichardRenes
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam
RichardRenes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
May the action vs Carroll be in doubt, the action vs Bamber definately is not, and he should have been punished for that. It's just that the car was out of the race soo soon that stewards perhaps thought not having to punish him to begin with.

In my humble opinion, he should not have been allowed to claim the point for fast lap.

But this the team GBR tread. a discussion about whom hit who should be in the Gauteng race tread

Last edited by RichardRenes; 24 Feb 2009 at 08:09.
Old 24 Feb 2009, 08:55 (Ref:2402969)   #93
diabloA1
Racer

diabloA1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They can always suspend him from future races if he was deemed to have been driving recklessly. I think Ammermuller got that reward for his Sepang antics.

Anyway perhaps moderator can move this last series of posts to the other thread
Old 24 Feb 2009, 16:53 (Ref:2403263)   #94
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Jimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not going to say anything about the Carroll/Fauzy incident, but while the blame laid at Fauzy's door for the incident with NZL Bamber had already made himself well deserving of it with that weaving.
Old 24 Feb 2009, 21:31 (Ref:2403485)   #95
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
If the one direction change rule applies then I agree that some of Bamber's defensive driving was borderline, but I think the actual incident was a case of an agricultural nerf up the rear from Fauzy. No doubt he sees it differently.

Agreed in both respects.

Bamber's blocking was so bad that he was slowing both himseld Fauzy. If Fauzy had used his intelligence, he could have used this to create a clean, decisive pass.

There's nothing more to be said about the incident with Carroll. Adam was taken out, simple as that.
Old 24 Feb 2009, 21:33 (Ref:2403488)   #96
F3 Rocks
Racer

Wales
F3 Rocks should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrmanningjarv
I would not blame Fauzy totally for Bamber's incident - did you see how many times and how vigourously Bamber was defending? Fauzy went for a move, Bamber shut the door HARD and they touched. Hardly all Fauzy's fault.

Seems that just because he had a collision with the popular Irish team, that everyone is blaming him for the NZL incident too.
100% agree
Old 24 Feb 2009, 21:55 (Ref:2403504)   #97
F3 Rocks
Racer

Wales
Quote:

I think you need to change "defensive driving" for "deliberate blocking" of a quicker car, and as for Adam he paid the price for trying a move using push to pass on the dirty part of a very green track then shuting the door. Incidently Adam had no hard feelings after the race, that was left to his team bosses $$$$$$$$$$, and as for your coment agricultural nerf............thats plain Stupid. This series needs drivers like Fauzy who try and overtake on the track.
Old 24 Feb 2009, 22:00 (Ref:2403511)   #98
F3 Rocks
Racer

Wales
[quote=strider]Agreed in both respects.

Bamber's blocking was so bad that he was slowing both himseld Fauzy. If Fauzy had used his intelligence, he could have used this to create a clean, decisive pass.

Another piece of expert advice from an armchair driver coach, "intelligence" needs to be used in this forum also........
Old 25 Feb 2009, 02:53 (Ref:2403630)   #99
Kiwi3
Veteran

New Zealand
Beijing
Quote:
Originally Posted by F3 Rocks
This series needs drivers like Fauzy who try and overtake on the track.
There was plenty of successful overtaking during the race - just not from Fauzy...

And Adam had no hard feelings after the race? Quote on Autosport: "I'm pretty annoyed, pretty angry with the Malaysia driver"

I stand by my 'agricultural nerf' comment.

Last edited by Kiwi3; 25 Feb 2009 at 02:57.
Old 25 Feb 2009, 08:51 (Ref:2403729)   #100
F3 Rocks
Racer

Wales
Quote:
There was plenty of successful overtaking during the race - just not from Fauzy...

And Adam had no hard feelings after the race? Quote on Autosport: "I'm pretty annoyed, pretty angry with the Malaysia driver"

I stand by my 'agricultural nerf' comment.
Quotes come from the teams PR, you got Mark Gallagher's view not Adams.

As they are great friends I'm sure he would not refer to him as "The Malaysian driver" you really should not believe all you read in the press, Spin, Spin, Spin.

As for your other naive comment best keep schoolboy jibes to yourself