Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 26 Feb 2004, 12:54 (Ref:886222)   #76
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by The Badger
Who's Eugene Fab ?! I was thinking more of "detcord" actually !!!
I was kidding with a Pink Floyd title song... I meant you could fall on a "local" mowing the lawn... at midnight !

What's "detcord", BTW ?
Old 26 Feb 2004, 13:46 (Ref:886276)   #77
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by Fab
I was kidding with a Pink Floyd title song... I meant you could fall on a "local" mowing the lawn... at midnight !

What's "detcord", BTW ?
Detcord is short for detanation cord . Its like C4 ..... plastic explosive , you can shape it to tree shape !!! which means that when the trees get blown down on the approach to Tetre Rouge I will be sitting in the bar having a nice cool and cant be blamed , sweet Innocence !!!

Hey Fab , im a Floyd fan too but I dont know that song . Was that pre-dark side of the moon or what ? The psycadelic days

Last edited by The Badger; 26 Feb 2004 at 13:49.
Old 26 Feb 2004, 16:08 (Ref:886400)   #78
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Yep, it's a Sid Barrett song... it must be in 'the piper at the gates of dawn'...

Last edited by Fab; 27 Feb 2004 at 06:08.
Old 26 Feb 2004, 18:33 (Ref:886536)   #79
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Great song - I'm not the greatest Floyd fan but "Eugene" is on of my faves.
Old 27 Feb 2004, 08:21 (Ref:887045)   #80
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
Great song - I'm not the greatest Floyd fan but "Eugene" is on of my faves.
You need serious meds to want to listen to anything before dark side of the moon !!! I did have the opportunity to see them live in 1995 ..... Theres a nice one for a concert at LeMans and a fitting tribute to Steve O'Rourke ..... with a display of some of his cars and his many achivements in our world !!!
Old 27 Feb 2004, 08:24 (Ref:887048)   #81
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
No, no, no, I disagree very srongly - the early Floyd stuff was much better than most of the long and boring stuff which came later - except "Diamond" and a few other tracks.
Old 27 Feb 2004, 09:31 (Ref:887107)   #82
The Badger
Veteran

Comfortably Numb you Crazy Diamond !!! I didnt think that you would like Phycadelic Floyd , I guess that goes with your taste in cars too !!!
Old 27 Feb 2004, 09:37 (Ref:887115)   #83
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Hey ! That'a s debate for Parc Ferme (remember the Zappa stuff) !

Back on the track, Nick Mason achieved a quite good race at Classic two years ago...

What was the topic ? Le Mans virginity... Le Mans Classic is a good one to lose your - Le Mans - virginity : not too much overcrowded, more than 300 cars of different periods, nice weather expected (July), affordable prices (GS are free)... try it !
Old 27 Feb 2004, 10:08 (Ref:887148)   #84
The Badger
Veteran

The classics are not really my thing Fab , pre 1970's anyway , sorry !!!
Old 27 Feb 2004, 14:49 (Ref:887393)   #85
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
The classics are not really my thing Fab , pre 1970's anyway , sorry !!!
We'll have a Matra 670, some 935 Porsches, a 936 and some beauties...

And you're not a Le Mans Virgin anyway, aren't you ?
Old 27 Feb 2004, 17:07 (Ref:887509)   #86
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Comfortably Numb you Crazy Diamond !!! I didnt think that you would like Phycadelic Floyd , I guess that goes with your taste in cars too !!!
I have very strange musical tastes Badger. I was always the "esoteric" one at school. My great musical love is still Can, but I was very much into Krautrock when I was about 15-17. By the late 70's I was a confirmed punk rocker, I saw most of the well known bands at the time. But I also saw the likes of Yes and Genesis. Floyd were the only BOF band who I never really got into - although I finally recognise DSOTM for the great album it is. Still prefer "Interstellar Overdrive" though.....

And back to the virginity stuff.......
Old 27 Feb 2004, 17:12 (Ref:887513)   #87
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Still prefer "Interstellar Overdrive" though.....
You won't believe me, but I played it ON STAGE !
Old 27 Feb 2004, 17:37 (Ref:887536)   #88
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
All of it? Its the start and finish I like best.....
Old 27 Feb 2004, 18:27 (Ref:887578)   #89
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Arn't we meant to be discussing the world greatest motor race, rather then discussing 70' prog rock :confused:
Old 27 Feb 2004, 20:46 (Ref:887690)   #90
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You had better get used to it rd!! my brother likes nothing more than to listen to the complete works of Jethro Tull, washed down with some Yes! on the the E.types 8trac. As a group we like to sit round the camp fire, sing some sea shantys and folk songs, what instrument do you play?

Last edited by Nordic; 27 Feb 2004 at 20:47.
Old 27 Feb 2004, 21:32 (Ref:887744)   #91
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
"dem bones, dem bones, dem, dry bones...."
Old 27 Feb 2004, 22:02 (Ref:887765)   #92
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Nordic
You had better get used to it rd!! my brother likes nothing more than to listen to the complete works of Jethro Tull, washed down with some Yes! on the the E.types 8trac. As a group we like to sit round the camp fire, sing some sea shantys and folk songs, what instrument do you play?
I play the beer bottles, of course after the empty
Old 28 Feb 2004, 01:19 (Ref:887891)   #93
BillandLara
Racer

BillandLara should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"Complete works of Jethro Tull" there we are then Living In The Past...

I must be so old... I remember the Stones, Who and Beatles, but as a proud Brummie I was into The Moodies, too.

Sea shanties? Now you ARE talking...
Old 28 Feb 2004, 14:48 (Ref:888240)   #94
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
All of it? Its the start and finish I like best.....
Sorry, I checked and we played Astonomy Domine...
Old 28 Feb 2004, 15:13 (Ref:888247)   #95
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
OK, partly my fault, but time to call the music appreciation society meeting to a close....

Lets talk about virginity......
Old 28 Feb 2004, 17:52 (Ref:888328)   #96
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Virginity is a great topic...

Who's gonna come for the first time ?

We've no news from Paul Collins those days... he wanted to come, but I think it's postponed to 2005...

What about Paulzinho ?

Last edited by Fab; 28 Feb 2004 at 17:53.
Old 28 Feb 2004, 19:32 (Ref:888429)   #97
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
Quote:
Originally posted by Fab
What about Paulzinho ?
I spoke to him a couple of weeks ago and he told me he wasn't sure if he could make it, but when I told him about the Group C race his jaw dropped and he would try his best to make it.
Old 28 Feb 2004, 20:58 (Ref:888499)   #98
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally posted by Fab
Virginity is a great topic...
Next june, I will celebrate the 20th anniversary of my initiation !
Old 28 Feb 2004, 21:00 (Ref:888500)   #99
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by rdjones
I spoke to him a couple of weeks ago and he told me he wasn't sure if he could make it, but when I told him about the Group C race his jaw dropped and he would try his best to make it.

If anything could get him there, Group C would be it!
Old 29 Feb 2004, 01:28 (Ref:888731)   #100
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
If anything could get him there, Group C would be it!
I hope ! We already lost Craig... not a newbie anyway !