Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 1 Jul 2008, 21:24 (Ref:2241805)   #76
mattcat
Veteran

United States
West Palm Beach, FL
mattcat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by monaro_gto
that 2nd Riley & Scott looks familiar. this is a few weeks back at the Mitty at Road Atlanta.

http://gagtos.com/public/mitty/breakdown.jpg
Mmmmm...that is a pretty car. I have a couple pics of it that I took at Sebring this year. I'd post them, but...yea. 36 more posts!
Old 1 Jul 2008, 21:24 (Ref:2241804)   #77
Zurbert82
Veteran

United States
Pittsburgh
Zurbert82 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolK
We went last year and heading back again a week from Friday. We don't camp so can't provide any info but this year found a hotel closer to LMP instead of driving from the Sheraton at the airport. Beautiful countryside and yes, it does take about 1.5 hours to make the drive from the airport in Hartford even though it's only 45 or so miles. Looking forward to it. . a nice break for us from almost 100 F temps here in Texas.

Carol
Which hotel if you dont mind my asking? My girlfriend and I stayed at the Yankee Peddlar Inn in Torrington 2 years ago. It's a very old school hotel with decent rooms, only about 30 minutes from the track. I saw a couple of Speed Channel employees in the hallways after the race, and later that night I could have sworn that I saw some of the Aston Martin crew at the '99 Restaurant' in Torrington.
Old 1 Jul 2008, 22:29 (Ref:2241868)   #78
cptkablamo
Veteran

Australia
cptkablamo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcptkablamo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone have an opinion on Ryan Lewis? Seem to have memories of him being a bit wild in his younger days...although haven't really seen anything about him of late...am interested to see how this second Intersport goes...

It is a good entry for this race
Old 1 Jul 2008, 22:52 (Ref:2241882)   #79
Zurbert82
Veteran

United States
Pittsburgh
The second Intersport entry won't be at Lime Rock.
Old 1 Jul 2008, 22:58 (Ref:2241884)   #80
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptkablamo
Anyone have an opinion on Ryan Lewis? Seem to have memories of him being a bit wild in his younger days...although haven't really seen anything about him of late...am interested to see how this second Intersport goes...
From what I remember of his British F3 career he seems like a very good driver, he won the national class a couple of years ago and then moved onto the Championship class and got some decent results, not really sure what happened but he ended up going to the USA to race though. Still I would say hes one of the better drivers in the ALMS at the moment, perhaps he hasnt got the same pedigree as some of the more established names but he did well in British F3 which is argueably the most competitve F3 series in the world. Personally I think he will do a good job.
Old 2 Jul 2008, 01:35 (Ref:2241925)   #81
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Ryan Lewis was 12th in Formula Atlantics standings in 2007. In 2006, he was 13th in the standings. I don't think anyone that far down in a feeder series could qualify as being one of the better drivers in the ALMS. The bottom line is he came with a budget, and seems to be rather mediocre.
Old 2 Jul 2008, 05:59 (Ref:2241977)   #82
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
To be fair Fogelhund, yes he came with a budget but what you have to take into account is that he only raced in Atlantics for what, 2 years? He didnt know the circuits or the car really coming from British F3 so he has been on a steep learning curve right from the start. Take the best drivers from Atlantics and stick them in British F3 for next year and I doubt if they will finish near the top.
Old 2 Jul 2008, 15:25 (Ref:2242277)   #83
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Sorry but that argument holds no water. The best drivers in Atlantics (Simon Pagenaud is a perfect example) will perform much better in that even if they have come from Europe. A lot of them do these days; the series is being lead by Dutch rookie Junior Strous and Finn Markus Niemela sits 3rd. Charles Zwolsman took the championship the year before Pagenaud. Lewis is mediocre compared to the majority of the ALMS prototype pilots. Do you really think that Matos or Pagenaud do not have what it takes to do well in British F3?
Old 2 Jul 2008, 15:57 (Ref:2242294)   #84
extramundane
Racer

Benin
Here.
extramundane has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk
Sorry but that argument holds no water. The best drivers in Atlantics (Simon Pagenaud is a perfect example) will perform much better in that even if they have come from Europe. A lot of them do these days; the series is being lead by Dutch rookie Junior Strous and Finn Markus Niemela sits 3rd. Charles Zwolsman took the championship the year before Pagenaud. Lewis is mediocre compared to the majority of the ALMS prototype pilots. Do you really think that Matos or Pagenaud do not have what it takes to do well in British F3?
To further that, Lewis effectively took over Pagenaud's championship-winning ride and drove it promptly to mid-pack (in an arguably shallower field).

We've seen what Pags is capable of in a prototype...
Old 2 Jul 2008, 17:10 (Ref:2242326)   #85
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Pagenaud is an interesting example. In general his European open-wheel career was not stellar (actually weaker than Lewis' in some ways), but he's clearly more adaptable and better-suited to cars with more power and weight than an F3 or WSR car.
Old 2 Jul 2008, 22:50 (Ref:2242644)   #86
Hugewally
Veteran

United States
Largo, FL USA
Hugewally should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
When the issue of drivers not knowing circuits as one of the reasons for being 'slow' comes up, I like to think of Hayanari Shimoda at the 2005 ALMS Mid-O race.

Last edited by Hugewally; 2 Jul 2008 at 22:53.
Old 2 Jul 2008, 23:19 (Ref:2242671)   #87
John Thawley
Rookie

John Thawley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by supercarS7
The entry list on PLM shows that the BK Mazda is on Kumho tires; is that a typo or did they switch back form the Yokos???
I'm sure it's a typo.
Old 3 Jul 2008, 15:17 (Ref:2243131)   #88
Zurbert82
Veteran

United States
Pittsburgh
Vici are skipping Lime Rock. Why? I don't know.

03.07.2008 VICI RACING TO SKIP LIME ROCK AND HEAD FOR MID OHIO

"Miami, Fla. - VICI Racing and development partner Kumho Tires will skip the next round of the American Le Mans Series (ALMS), the American Le Mans Northeast Grand Prix at Lime Rock, Connecticut, next weekend (July 10-12) and instead will return to the series for the Acura Sports Car Challenge at Mid Ohio one week later (July 17-19)."

"Alongside this the team is making technical progress and the results of this on-going development will be implemented in two weeks time at Mid Ohio during the 2 hour 45 minute ALMS race which takes place on one of America’s classic race tracks. The team has also been expanding in all areas as it gears up to an ALMS future and this includes the arrival of new bespoke transporters in recent days."
Old 3 Jul 2008, 20:02 (Ref:2243315)   #89
dj4monie
Veteran

United States
Reseda, California
dj4monie is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zurbert82
Vici are skipping Lime Rock. Why? I don't know.

03.07.2008 VICI RACING TO SKIP LIME ROCK AND HEAD FOR MID OHIO

"Miami, Fla. - VICI Racing and development partner Kumho Tires will skip the next round of the American Le Mans Series (ALMS), the American Le Mans Northeast Grand Prix at Lime Rock, Connecticut, next weekend (July 10-12) and instead will return to the series for the Acura Sports Car Challenge at Mid Ohio one week later (July 17-19)."

"Alongside this the team is making technical progress and the results of this on-going development will be implemented in two weeks time at Mid Ohio during the 2 hour 45 minute ALMS race which takes place on one of America’s classic race tracks. The team has also been expanding in all areas as it gears up to an ALMS future and this includes the arrival of new bespoke transporters in recent days."
Makes sense to me, I am sure they would like to find a bit more pace out of the Kumho tires. They aren't a threat to win the championship or even a race in the "sprint" format of the season.
Old 3 Jul 2008, 21:13 (Ref:2243381)   #90
The359
Veteran

United States
Pennsylvania, USA
The359 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Back below 30.
Old 3 Jul 2008, 22:48 (Ref:2243440)   #91
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
Hmm a bit of a shame but only a temporary setback for the series. Better for the team to race when they are fully prepared rather than rush into things.
Old 4 Jul 2008, 10:46 (Ref:2243743)   #92
dj4monie
Veteran

United States
Reseda, California
dj4monie is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SALEEN S7R
Hmm a bit of a shame but only a temporary setback for the series. Better for the team to race when they are fully prepared rather than rush into things.
Yes a minor setback, but we should be back to full strength by Mid Ohio.

The series is set for a huge leap forward for 2009...
Old 4 Jul 2008, 19:11 (Ref:2244137)   #93
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund
Entry list is up, I'll have this updated to include the ALMS Hub with access to T&S, Radio LM, News and Spotters Guide on all a single page.

http://www.americanlemans.com/Events...try%20List.pdf

Well it is a week until things start humming, is there an update for this yet?

L.P.
Old 5 Jul 2008, 15:10 (Ref:2244618)   #94
yamato
Racer

yamato should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the new track layout has been posted for the race. It looks like the changes to the west bend and the new uphill chicane will be in place but NOT the chicane at the end of the esses or the new straight,... so this could be the last horah for the no name straight.

Anyone know if they have put the new pit entrance in yet? It does not show here.

http://www.imsaracing.net/2008/event...yout%20Map.pdf
Old 5 Jul 2008, 18:15 (Ref:2244711)   #95
Zurbert82
Veteran

United States
Pittsburgh
The new pit entrance hasn't been built yet.
Old 6 Jul 2008, 21:16 (Ref:2245779)   #96
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
As I've never been to an ALMS race, what are there in the form of souvenirs?
Old 7 Jul 2008, 00:01 (Ref:2245895)   #97
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Typical souvenir stands you'd find at most races. You may come across some fantastic models at egregious prices. I've only been to Mosport and Sebring for ALMS events. Sebring where there is a plethora of spots to pick up posters and shirts behind the pit straight, is probably not typical of the sprint ALMS event. I figure there will be a few trucks hanging around the paddock area like at Mosport.

Chris
Old 7 Jul 2008, 21:04 (Ref:2246683)   #98
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG
Well it is a week until things start humming, is there an update for this yet?

L.P.
Should be up no later than tomorrow evening.
Old 8 Jul 2008, 12:43 (Ref:2247105)   #99
monaro_gto
Rookie

United States
Atlanta, GA, USA
monaro_gto should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well its confirmed I got my ticket and flight is booked. I will be flying into Philly on Thursday and attempting to get lost while driving up to CT. Anyone else camping at the track?
Old 8 Jul 2008, 15:08 (Ref:2247207)   #100
Zurbert82
Veteran

United States
Pittsburgh
Dyson will be running a retro livery on the #16 RS Spyder in commemoration of their 25th anniversary - http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/601/100544oo9.jpg

Rob Dyson will drive the old 962 in tandem with Chris Dyson in the RS Spyder before the race, should be cool to see