Old 10 Mar 2010, 11:30 (Ref:2648834)   #76
Petrol Head
Rookie

England
North London
Petrol Head should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach3 View Post
Surprisingly I've actually heard word to the opposite, and that lewis rather than Jenson was kinder on his tyres during testing(!)
Yeah, as Jab says it was in Autosport!

Not sure predicting Virgin won't win any races really counts as a prediction! On that note I don't think HRT, Lotus or even USF1 will win as well
Old 11 Mar 2010, 00:30 (Ref:2649288)   #77
MikeManNZ
Racer

MikeManNZ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
1. Lewis to win championship.
2. TGF to score 4 podiums in the first 7 races.
3. Button to finish higher than Lewis in at least 4 races.
4. None of the "New" teams will score a podium
5. Sauber to be in the top 4 teams.
Old 11 Mar 2010, 08:50 (Ref:2649426)   #78
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Thank you for all your entries.

See you in November.
Old 14 Nov 2010, 22:00 (Ref:2790633)   #79
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
So how did you get on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans
1) A German driver will win the World Championship
2) One of the teams present in Bahrain will have gone by Adu Dhabi
3) Alonso will win more Grands Prix than Massa
4) Button will score more poles than Hamilton
5) Webber will double his current win tally, at least
3/5 - I'm quite pleased with that!
Old 14 Nov 2010, 22:03 (Ref:2790634)   #80
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Next year, I might try this a bit less ridiculously. My outlandish predictions just did not work. My Button one wasn't ridiculous, but alas it was just the two wins.

Looking back, most were ridiculous.

Last edited by Born Racer; 14 Nov 2010 at 22:10.
Old 14 Nov 2010, 22:09 (Ref:2790637)   #81
mattt
Veteran

England
Cambridge
mattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattt View Post
Might aswell do mine now then - cant do much worse than last year.
  1. Campos won't compete in more than 5 races - Technically they didn't compete as campos
  2. Hamilton will beat Button but by less than 15 pts - Damn 26
  3. TGF will beat Rosberg by less than 10 pts - shoot he lost
  4. Vettel will beat Webber by at least 15 pts - 14, if only Webber hadn't finished
  5. Red Bull will win the WCC woo
1 fully correct and 1 technically correct.
and almost a third
Old 15 Nov 2010, 01:43 (Ref:2790755)   #82
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
Ferrari will win more races than last year.
M Schumacher will score more points than Glock in this much hyped battle of the Germans.
Hamilton will outscore Button by 30 points plus.
Mark Webber will leave RBR.
Peter Windsor will annoy the hell out of me.
Three correct.

The McLaren prediction wasn't far out and Webber is pending.
Old 15 Nov 2010, 02:18 (Ref:2790778)   #83
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider View Post
1. Schumi will not be WDC.
2. Jenson will out-smart Lewis.
3. Senna will definitely get a regular drive at some point in the season.
4. Vettel will be WDC.
5. Sauber will continue to perform much better than originally expected.
That wasn't very good, was it, but at least 1 and 4 were correct and I think I might claim 2 as well, with the proviso that he didn't out-drive him, but it has been good to see them finishing so close in the last couple of races.
Old 15 Nov 2010, 02:25 (Ref:2790785)   #84
Joe Taylor
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warwickshire, UK
Joe Taylor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Taylor View Post
Here goes:

1) Campos will not race at all this year and Stefan GP will take their slot
2) USF1 will race, but will be further off the pace than Lola were in 1997
3) Virgin and Lotus will both score points
4) Force India will win a race
5) Hamilton will be Champion again
I need to consult a better oracle.
Old 15 Nov 2010, 02:37 (Ref:2790793)   #85
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teretonga View Post
Hmmmm 5 (no 6) predictions....

Hamilton will win only one race
Button will not win a race
Mark Webber will not win a race
Alonso will outscore Massa
Schumacher will outscore Rosberg

Sauber will not score points......

Now I will be happy to be wrong because I would like all those predictions to be wrong
5 out of six turned out to be wrong.... I'm happy with that.
Old 15 Nov 2010, 10:08 (Ref:2790896)   #86
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralf's Girl View Post
1. Hamilton will win the title.
2. Michael Schumacher will win more races than Jenson Button.
3. Campos won't make the grid in Bahrain.
4. Toro Rosso will make a mid-season driver change.
5. One of the new teams (probably Lotus or Virgin) will score a podium.
Oh dear.

Although I suppose the Campos one was kind of correct... *clutches at straws*
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 15 Nov 2010, 10:13 (Ref:2790900)   #87
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That last one was shocking RG, what were you thinking?
Old 15 Nov 2010, 10:17 (Ref:2790903)   #88
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic Smeg
1. Vettel will snatch the title from Alonso at the wire
2. Christian Klien will make an appearance.
3. Michael Schumacher will be bobbins. Hopeless. Worse even than Ralf.
4. Team orders will rear their ugly head at the Scuderia.
5. Webber will re-create his Le Mans flip at Valencia.
This is the winner.
Old 15 Nov 2010, 10:55 (Ref:2790933)   #89
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jab View Post
1) The McLaren drivers will be separated by less than 10 points by the end of the season
2) Jaime Alguersuari won't be a Toro Rosso driver by the end of the season
3) All the new teams that start in Bahrain (not counting those that miss the first 3 races, if they do) will finish the season
4) Michael Schumacher will win at least 1 race
5) There will be no new winners, driver-wise and team-wise (something I predict every year but it's got to stick at some point)
Got two right
Old 15 Nov 2010, 11:57 (Ref:2790966)   #90
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
All of my predictions were correct. I just didn't post them.
Old 15 Nov 2010, 12:13 (Ref:2790973)   #91
SennaTheGreat
Veteran

England
Grimsby
SennaTheGreat has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SennaTheGreat View Post
1. Lotus F1 to score a podium by end of the season
2. Campos and USF1 to be rooted to the bottom of the field
3. Richard Branson to walk up and down the pit lane in a air stewardess uniform, provided by Tony Fernandes and will be chatted up by Max Mosley who wants to know if he is into spanking
4. Lewis Hamilton to score 3 more victories over the full season than Jenson Button
5. After Felipe Massa gets the head start for knowing the team alot more than Fernando, Fernando will spit the dummy out (again) and Ferrari will treat Fernando as their number one driver
Maybe half a point for Number 5 as Fernando did spit the dummy out abit and got ferrari to treat him as numero uno? Also half a point as Branson does have to wear a Air Asia stewardess uniform? If not 1 out of 5 even though Campos is HRT and USF1 never showed up
Old 15 Nov 2010, 13:52 (Ref:2791028)   #92
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Didn't see this at the start of the year, but I'll watch out for it next year......great fun seeing the range of predictions......When I get time I might check a bit further but the gut feeling is that predictions of Schumi's (good) performance were perhaps the most consistently wrong ;-)
Old 15 Nov 2010, 14:18 (Ref:2791050)   #93
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
Didn't see this at the start of the year, but I'll watch out for it next year......great fun seeing the range of predictions......When I get time I might check a bit further but the gut feeling is that predictions of Schumi's (good) performance were perhaps the most consistently wrong ;-)
Indeed.

Although my prediction that a German would win the title proved correct, I mainly had Schumacher in mind, which seems utterly crazy now.
Old 15 Nov 2010, 14:55 (Ref:2791069)   #94
F.O.F.
TeaTotal
Racer

Ireland
dublin
F.O.F. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by F.O.F. View Post
1- Button will be demolished by Hamo, but wont detonate like alonso.
2- Points wise, Rosberg will be Schumachers closest team mate ever.
3- There will be a fairly big shunt in the first laps of one of the first 3 GPs.
4- The Renault will be a dog.
5- Schumacher and Alonso to have arguably the best on-track battle at some point through the season
Hmm..

1. Button surprised me, but I suppose I was nearly right seeing as he kept his cool
2. Well, he beat him. Does that count?
3. Thank you, Kamui Kobayashi's front wing
4. Damn, their best car since 2006.
5. Not even close...

This was fun! Maybe I'll try take it more seriously next time...
Old 15 Nov 2010, 19:48 (Ref:2791250)   #95
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by SennaTheGreat View Post
Maybe half a point for Number 5 as Fernando did spit the dummy out abit and got ferrari to treat him as numero uno? Also half a point as Branson does have to wear a Air Asia stewardess uniform? If not 1 out of 5 even though Campos is HRT and USF1 never showed up
This is like claiming to have scored a Premier League goal even though you were flagged offside.
Old 15 Nov 2010, 23:34 (Ref:2791368)   #96
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by F.O.F. View Post
2- Points wise, Rosberg will be Schumachers closest team mate ever.
I feel bad to point out that although you were right that Rosberg has proven to be by far Schumacher's biggest challenge, he has outscored him by so much that he's probably been far from his closest team-mate ever.
Old 16 Nov 2010, 00:34 (Ref:2791394)   #97
Robbe
Veteran

Germany
Germany
Robbe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbe View Post
1. Williams will score more points than Renault.
2. None of the new teams (excluding Sauber of course) will score a top 5 result.
3. There will be at least one driver change in a Red Bull sponsored car.
4. McLaren will score more points than Mercedes.
5. Only one driver who is not from Europe will win a race.
1. Wrong.
2. Well... Sauber didn't finish in the top 5 aswell, but otherwise correct.
3. Wrong.
4. More than twice as much, right!
5. Correct, although I rather thought of Massa than Webber.
Old 16 Nov 2010, 20:01 (Ref:2791792)   #98
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist has a real shot at the podium!TrapezeArtist has a real shot at the podium!TrapezeArtist has a real shot at the podium!TrapezeArtist has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
I feel bad to point out that although you were right that Rosberg has proven to be by far Schumacher's biggest challenge, he has outscored him by so much that he's probably been far from his closest team-mate ever.
Old 17 Nov 2010, 00:10 (Ref:2791934)   #99
rocketracer
Veteran

Australia
Albert Park
rocketracer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrocketracer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketracer View Post
1. schumacher will win the first 3 races - well that didnt happen!
2. sauber will be top 3 in the WCC after 2 rounds - could a prediction be any more wrong than this!
3. the title fight will go down to the last round with 4 drivers: hamilton, vettel, schumacher and alonso all capable of winning the title. - close! but no cigar....
4. hulkenberg will have more than double barrichello's points at season's end... erm, that was a typo - i meant it the other way around....
5. lotus will be the highest points scorer of the new teams. - i should have been talking classification and not points....
haha, i forgot about this thread. Good value it turned out to be.... only 0 from 5....
Old 17 Nov 2010, 13:21 (Ref:2792089)   #100
F.O.F.
TeaTotal
Racer

Ireland
dublin
F.O.F. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
Yeah that's what I was thinking, I was just too lazy to put effort into proving myself wrong...