Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 30 Jul 2011, 17:57 (Ref:2933477)   #76
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purist View Post
at least until there's a racing version of the V12 Vantage.
Which there will be next year, replacing the DBRS9.
Old 30 Jul 2011, 21:58 (Ref:2933592)   #77
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
But not in GT1...depending on the homologation of DBR9 being extended (not confirmed yet).
Old 30 Jul 2011, 22:25 (Ref:2933609)   #78
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
But not in GT1...depending on the homologation of DBR9 being extended (not confirmed yet).
Where is the sence in building any more GT1 cars when it will just be slowed down to be competitive against the GT2 and GT3 cars, IMO in 2013 there will be no more GT1 cars in the FIA GT World Championship, everyone will move to the cheaper GT3 option that goes just as fast.
Old 31 Jul 2011, 09:00 (Ref:2933794)   #79
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
The only reason DBR9 homologation may be extended is the fact that there are cars already available in the hands of teams aren't necessarily willing to buy new machinery just yet.
Old 31 Jul 2011, 18:18 (Ref:2934117)   #80
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
So what news is there from this morning's 'meeting' then?
Old 2 Aug 2011, 09:23 (Ref:2934887)   #81
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Ignore my last post, I blame the humidity and a terrible hangover.....

Anyone likely to run the SLS barges?
Old 3 Aug 2011, 13:08 (Ref:2935387)   #82
Danny_GT2
Veteran

Ireland
Lucan, Ireland
Danny_GT2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I haven't really been up to date on what's going on in 2012 but with GT1, GT2 & GT3 cars all in this new FIA GT World Championship, will there still be an FIA GT3 European Championship next year??
Old 3 Aug 2011, 19:27 (Ref:2935513)   #83
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Simple answer: yes
Old 4 Aug 2011, 16:10 (Ref:2935863)   #84
I Rosputnik
Veteran

United Kingdom
Livingston, Scotland
I Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridI Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Young Driver AMR's press release for 2012.

GTE? Am I reading among the lines here or could this mean the whole no GT2's after 2009 has gone out? If it turns out that GTE's are allowed then that would be a good move, as it would then allow for teams to do Le Mans. Well, that depends on what the ACO says.

Reguardless I think we will be seeing Young Driver in either a GTE or GT3 Vantage. It's a shame that we not be seeing Hexis next year in GTWC.
Old 4 Aug 2011, 16:28 (Ref:2935870)   #85
Spanner monkey
Racer

England
Norwich
Spanner monkey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
It's a shame that we not be seeing Hexis next year in GTWC.
Maybe we will! Still a few more makes making new GT cars that could be homologated for the 2012 season
Old 4 Aug 2011, 18:08 (Ref:2935903)   #86
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Rosputnik View Post
Young Driver AMR's press release for 2012.

GTE? Am I reading among the lines here or could this mean the whole no GT2's after 2009 has gone out? If it turns out that GTE's are allowed then that would be a good move, as it would then allow for teams to do Le Mans. Well, that depends on what the ACO says.
Could be. Could also be a simple error in the release since GT2 and GTE are mostly identical.
Old 4 Aug 2011, 18:38 (Ref:2935911)   #87
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Hopefully Lexus is one of those manufacturers, and enters the LFA.
Old 4 Aug 2011, 19:58 (Ref:2935936)   #88
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Hopefully Lexus is one of those manufacturers, and enters the LFA.
A Couple of Hexis Lexus cars would be a tongue twister.
Old 4 Aug 2011, 20:15 (Ref:2935943)   #89
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Was GT2 '2009' in initial press release...but at Spa Ratel even mentioned the possibility of allowing Ferrari 458 Italia GTE and Lotus Evora GTE, so clearly that has changed somewhat.
Old 4 Aug 2011, 21:02 (Ref:2935956)   #90
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
It's no more a tongue twister than Lexus Nexis is already.
Old 6 Aug 2011, 12:39 (Ref:2936428)   #91
I Rosputnik
Veteran

United Kingdom
Livingston, Scotland
I Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridI Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Reading this weeks autosport, it seems to be that Ratel has convinced P&M and AMG to build upgrade kits for the Chevy Corvette GTE and the Merc SLS GT3 respectively. Plus he reckons that there will only be 20 cars on grid.
Old 6 Aug 2011, 13:46 (Ref:2936433)   #92
alexkiller8
Veteran

alexkiller8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
judging this year performances at LM, i think that actual gte cars have better aero than some actual GT1 cars, maybe P&M will supply a "proper GT1 bodykit" to the c6R zr1 gte cars who will run in next year FIA GT. About the sls, i think the car should swap the roadcar engine with the 6.0 V12 AMG (or the 5.7 V8 if is still manufacted)... maybe HWA should give an eye to the car too for aero updates.

BTW could somebody tell me why curtiba round has been deleted? what's the new calendar championship? there will be a replacement or only ordos and argentina's rounds are left?
Old 6 Aug 2011, 15:59 (Ref:2936466)   #93
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Reading this weeks autosport, it seems to be that Ratel has convinced P&M and AMG to build upgrade kits for the Chevy Corvette GTE and the Merc SLS GT3 respectively. Plus he reckons that there will only be 20 cars on grid.
Go through the trouble of upgrade Kits for only 1 championship where you can only sell 2 cars and not have a factory team??? Why do this when you can race the car without the bodykit in this same championship. Ratel, GT1 as a class is dead and none of the manufacturers other than Datsun (who appears to now be developing a GT3) care about the cars. GT3 and GTE is the way forward.
Old 7 Aug 2011, 03:53 (Ref:2936784)   #94
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
There's only one Corvette being raced by privateers atm (Larbre) but there's countless SLS GT3 out there (dozen plus) so maybe we could see some of them in GT1. Its a step in the right direction anyway getting AMG onboard. Black Falcon for 2012 perhaps?

What makes him so sure there will only be 20 cars..??
Old 7 Aug 2011, 10:47 (Ref:2936835)   #95
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Because he's aiming at 10 teams racing with 2 cars.

If he only gets 7 teams he is certain 6 of them will be able to run 3 cars and one team will run 2 cars.
Old 7 Aug 2011, 11:32 (Ref:2936847)   #96
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCosworthPanoz View Post
Go through the trouble of upgrade Kits for only 1 championship where you can only sell 2 cars and not have a factory team??? Why do this when you can race the car without the bodykit in this same championship. Ratel, GT1 as a class is dead and none of the manufacturers other than Datsun (who appears to now be developing a GT3) care about the cars. GT3 and GTE is the way forward.
There's lot of contact in GT1 so selling lots of bodykits

It's still ashame they didn't go for GT2 two years ago.
Old 8 Aug 2011, 00:51 (Ref:2937019)   #97
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
Because he's aiming at 10 teams racing with 2 cars.

If he only gets 7 teams he is certain 6 of them will be able to run 3 cars and one team will run 2 cars.
Shame the numbers keep dropping year, that said though numbers aside I would rather see teams of two cars maximum. Look at the pressure on some teams having to run as many as four cars this year.
Old 8 Aug 2011, 13:47 (Ref:2937206)   #98
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
More on the BMW situation: ALMS likely, WEC unlikely:

http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/artic...r-2012-return/

As much as I understand Marquardt's grief with the Le Mans TV coverage, I think 2011 is a particular bad year to judge as the battle for the lead was so exciting.

If the leaders would have been more spread out there would have been a lot more focus on the GTs.

Still, I think BMW is making the wrong conclusions here. Instead of pulling out of a series because the LMP1 get all the coverage they should finally build an LMP1 themselves goddamnit.
Old 8 Aug 2011, 15:26 (Ref:2937242)   #99
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid09 View Post

As much as I understand Marquardt's grief with the Le Mans TV coverage, I think 2011 is a particular bad year to judge as the battle for the lead was so exciting.

If the leaders would have been more spread out there would have been a lot more focus on the GTs.

Still, I think BMW is making the wrong conclusions here. Instead of pulling out of a series because the LMP1 get all the coverage they should finally build an LMP1 themselves goddamnit.
Is it their fault the LMP1 battle was more exciting this year? Last year and especially 2009, I saw plenty of GT racing on television.

Not even going to bother to talk about DTM, but judging by the European Touring Car forum neither does anybody else.
Old 8 Aug 2011, 15:31 (Ref:2937245)   #100
DS"
Veteran

Germany
Germany
DS" should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid09 View Post

I'm not gonna bring up the Audi example, because everyone should know that they run DTM and LMP1 at the same time. BMW however comes rather fresh off a F1 program, which surely has cost some money. The developement of the DTM M3 wasn't cheap too. So perhaps it's cheaper for BMW to combine GTE with DTM instead of LMP with DTM.