Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Closed Thread

Old 1 Sep 2011, 02:27 (Ref:2949194)   #76
PVDA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
PVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Who cares about the Lowndes family.

There are more important things in motorsport to discuss like Big Trev's entry in the upcoming 6 Hour Relay at Winton for example.
Old 1 Sep 2011, 02:49 (Ref:2949201)   #77
Downoz
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Downoz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
]Who cares about the Lowndes family.

There are more important things to discuss like the red headed fool in Canberra.
Old 1 Sep 2011, 03:27 (Ref:2949208)   #78
Denosaur
Veteran

Albania
Australia
Denosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDenosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Both of those subjects are rather boring when you put them like that. You should say, "will big trev finish the 6 hour" and "is she really a red head?"
Old 1 Sep 2011, 05:18 (Ref:2949216)   #79
Trevor
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Trevor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denosaur View Post
You should say, "will big trev finish the 6 hour"
The answer is a big fat yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denosaur View Post
and "is she really a red head?"
as her partner is from my home town, I may be able to ask him, "Hey Tim, does the carpet match the curtains -
Old 1 Sep 2011, 06:48 (Ref:2949233)   #80
Downoz
Veteran

Australia
Australia
, "Hey Tim, does the carpet match the curtains

I think it about time to draw the curtains.
Old 1 Sep 2011, 07:50 (Ref:2949242)   #81
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Back to the subject at hand... while this particular topic is one that was raised here a few years ago, and rumoured since seemingly forever... the most telling point is the post count and view count on the thread as compared to something motorsport related... Stats of 10 minutes ago...

Almost 8,000 views on this thread, while the Phillip Island round thread is yet to hit 500 views!

Sex sells I suppose.. but while there are people here who dont wish to read about any sordid details of whatever may or may not have happened, arguably they are in a minority.
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 1 Sep 2011, 08:45 (Ref:2949257)   #82
DJJ
Racer

DJJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Back to the subject at hand... while this particular topic is one that was raised here a few years ago, and rumoured since seemingly forever... the most telling point is the post count and view count on the thread as compared to something motorsport related... Stats of 10 minutes ago...

Almost 8,000 views on this thread, while the Phillip Island round thread is yet to hit 500 views!

Sex sells I suppose.. but while there are people here who dont wish to read about any sordid details of whatever may or may not have happened, arguably they are in a minority.

David, are we now allowed to discuss the personal lives of the moderators? you know because they like motorsport and start rumours and all.

Going by this thread it would seem it would be allowed, but hence your rules protect you from the evils of people judging and talking about you.

Precious and double standard are you not?
Old 1 Sep 2011, 09:41 (Ref:2949280)   #83
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
DJJ it might be easier to buy him flowers, you sure do want to talk about him a lot.

GTR, i reckon though its not a fair comparision, due to PI happening in the distant future, compared to current, I reckon is you surveyed the posts in the thread you would find that the thread has been hijacked by discusion on if it is news or not
Old 1 Sep 2011, 10:35 (Ref:2949310)   #84
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
GTR, i reckon though its not a fair comparision, due to PI happening in the distant future, compared to current, I reckon is you surveyed the posts in the thread you would find that the thread has been hijacked by discusion on if it is news or not
The Coates Hire 300 event thread Here has attracted just 3,786 views... the Sucrogen Townsville 400 event thread Here has attracted 2,664 views...

A pattern emerging?
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 1 Sep 2011, 10:43 (Ref:2949314)   #85
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJJ View Post
David, are we now allowed to discuss the personal lives of the moderators? you know because they like motorsport and start rumours and all.
No, you're not. Ten-Tenths moderators do not put themselves up to be "public figures" unlike racing drivers.

Quote:
Going by this thread it would seem it would be allowed, but hence your rules protect you from the evils of people judging and talking about you.
As mentioned above. Nope. Not happening.

Quote:
Precious and double standard are you not?
No more than any other form of media.
Old 1 Sep 2011, 10:49 (Ref:2949318)   #86
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
The Coates Hire 300 event thread Here has attracted just 3,786 views... the Sucrogen Townsville 400 event thread Here has attracted 2,664 views...

A pattern emerging?
cant argue with that, good research.

i have noticed that race discusion has dropped off in recent times. especially the last 3 events or so.

still reckon in this case the discusion has been more about if we should be discusing it or not, see the last ten posts for preliminary eveidence

Did you know in the latest research from england, I marriages that end inb divorce on 26% are because of an affair, the most common reason was because we have fallen out of love. just some thoughts on marriage to ponder
Old 1 Sep 2011, 10:56 (Ref:2949325)   #87
DJJ
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnetON View Post
No, you're not. Ten-Tenths moderators do not put themselves up to be "public figures" unlike racing drivers..
I disagree in this case, the infamous powder room is some what of a persona that is and has caused previous trouble.

Quote:
No more than any other form of media.
Media, lies, rumour and a odd legal warning then threads and posts go missing, more like we will allow it till we get told off till then we are the law.
Old 1 Sep 2011, 11:01 (Ref:2949328)   #88
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Whatever - is he getting a divorce? Wonder if he cheated on her - surely she couldnt be sick of the motorsport scene, been a big part of her life... I want goss
Old 1 Sep 2011, 11:05 (Ref:2949333)   #89
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
... more like we will allow it till we get told off till then we are the law.
Yeah, that's pretty much how it works.
Old 1 Sep 2011, 11:06 (Ref:2949335)   #90
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
Just to put things in to terms that I hope everyone understands, anyone that gives my volunteer moderators grief will end up not getting to play with my toys.
Old 1 Sep 2011, 11:17 (Ref:2949347)   #91
DJJ
Racer

Quote:
But that's not what your rules say

I love the old saying do as I say not do as I do.
Old 1 Sep 2011, 11:22 (Ref:2949348)   #92
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
Quote:
Quote:
But that's not what your rules say
And who gets to make the rules?

Quote:
I love the old saying do as I say not do as I do.
Yup, and it'll stay that was for as long as I'm the one paying the hosting bills.

And now at this point I suggest you get back on topic or start facing warnings for "Off Topic Posts" or "Thread HiJacking"
Old 1 Sep 2011, 11:44 (Ref:2949371)   #93
Downoz
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Quote:
Just to put things in to terms that I hope everyone understands, anyone that gives my volunteer moderators grief will end up not getting to play with my toys.

Great attitude.
Old 2 Sep 2011, 00:40 (Ref:2949710)   #94
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
It made the papers.. finally... Here
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 2 Sep 2011, 00:59 (Ref:2949713)   #95
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
any chance we can clean up the significantly off topic banter that went on last night
Old 2 Sep 2011, 03:49 (Ref:2949730)   #96
yap
Racer

Australia
Gold Coast
yap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomick View Post
I want goss
Thats why this thread has so many views... we all want the goss
Old 2 Sep 2011, 05:26 (Ref:2949733)   #97
kittle
Veteran

kittle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So does anyone truely know what happened or are we all just guessing
Old 2 Sep 2011, 13:13 (Ref:2949873)   #98
Bugger All
Racer

Australia
32 DME to the west Left Fl 210
Bugger All should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by yap View Post
Thats why this thread has so many views... we all want the goss
Ok well if that is all you want here you go then

Old 2 Sep 2011, 21:04 (Ref:2950119)   #99
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugger All View Post
Ok well if that is all you want here you go then

Wow she is a "beauty" and how could CL have resisted that !!
Old 2 Sep 2011, 21:22 (Ref:2950132)   #100
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittle View Post
So does anyone truely know what happened or are we all just guessing
Probably what happened is he is a racing driver and sometimes we have to be honest with ourselves where the deadweight is in our lives. Nagging wives and kids slow you down, so best to jettison them and especially when there is a lot of other younger, hotter, available women out there for short term liaisons, go for it. Just don't get married again.