Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 2 Aug 2007, 00:10 (Ref:1978690)   #76
Hugewally
Veteran

United States
Largo, FL USA
Hugewally should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03
If Henri got 'whooped' by Porsche or Acura at Le Mans, yes, I'm sure he'd have a great deal to say about it. But he knows as well as you do that the regulations are based on a car's performance at Le Mans. What happens on tighter circuits is irrelevant. And nor would a good 'whooping' from factory P2's in the ALMS affect in any way his stance towards the petrol diesel equivalency in LMP1.
+1
Old 2 Aug 2007, 00:42 (Ref:1978699)   #77
The Real DMN
Racer

England
North Yorkshire
The Real DMN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Indeed Plus 2.

I couldn't care less if Henri gets "whooped" by an LMP2 car. Audi have a fair few times and just got on with it, I'm sure Henri would also. Henri's comments are directed at the difference between petrol and diesel powered LMP1's.

I'm not a fan of the french, but Henri is right in his stand and good luck to him. Lister have already cited the lack of balance as an excuse for thier no-show this season. How long till other teams follow suit?

That is the real issuse we should be talking about, not how best to show-up Henri with LMP2's.
Old 2 Aug 2007, 05:20 (Ref:1978764)   #78
chewymonster
Veteran

chewymonster should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll see how quiet he will be next year in the LMS with some Porsche P2s running (if the rules stay the same).
Old 2 Aug 2007, 05:43 (Ref:1978769)   #79
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real DMN
Lister have already cited the lack of balance as an excuse for thier no-show this season. How long till other teams follow suit?
Lister may have partially used that as their excuse for not showing, but I'll call shenanigans on that one. Seriously, do you think sponsors are not giving them money because they are worried about losing to Diesels, or worried that Lister are going to perform as Lister has since the GT1, ... as infrequently as they've run? The previous LMP1 car was a disaster, and the GT1 Storm hasn't been noteworthy in years. Diesel's should be the least of the worries for this team.
Old 2 Aug 2007, 08:54 (Ref:1978874)   #80
The Real DMN
Racer

England
North Yorkshire
The Real DMN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've no doubt Lister are using it as a smoke screen, but what they say in private and what they say in public don't have to be the same thing.
Old 2 Aug 2007, 09:59 (Ref:1978926)   #81
EuropaBambaataa
Racer

Portugal
EuropaBambaataa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm betting Lister haven't shown up because Laurence Pearce thinks he needs to be smarter than Henri Pescarolo but his bodywork is most likely still behaving like teh sUxx0rZ.

I like electronic boom-boom-boom sounds. So what?
Old 2 Aug 2007, 10:46 (Ref:1978958)   #82
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by EuropaBambaataa
I'm betting Lister haven't shown up because Laurence Pearce thinks he needs to be smarter than Henri Pescarolo but his bodywork is most likely still behaving like teh sUxx0rZ.
This thread has moved a little off topic, but, just for the record, the Lister Pescarolo will have Pescarolo bodywork.

Back on topic............
Old 2 Aug 2007, 12:48 (Ref:1979042)   #83
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
How would the LMP2 cars fair on the Euro tracks vs LMP1 cars? I have heard the tracks here in the US are tighter and therefore favor the lighter, nimble cars over the LMP1s. Would he have to worry in the LMS about any Spyders catching up with the LMP1 pace?
Old 2 Aug 2007, 13:16 (Ref:1979059)   #84
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96
How would the LMP2 cars fair on the Euro tracks vs LMP1 cars? I have heard the tracks here in the US are tighter and therefore favor the lighter, nimble cars over the LMP1s.
I'm not sure where this myth about Euro vs. American tracks came from.

Here is some data using fastest laps for the weekend, from 2007 and 2006.

181.5425997 km/h Nurburgring
172.6934087 km/h Valencia
220.6787086 km/h Monza
190.9502749 km/h Mid Ohio
196.776 km/h Lime Rock
190.9502749 km/h Utah
204.2080508 km/h Sebring

213.135082 km/h Mosport
207.7663104 km/h Road Atlanta
214.8055811 km/h Road America
199.0291 km/h Spa

So, Monza is the fastest, but it seems that ALL of the ALMS tracks on real circuits, are faster than the first two tracks of the LMS this year.

I think it is likely that the smaller cars actually perform better on tracks that have many fast corners, where their lighter weight will allow for faster cornering, and maintenance of speed, instead of needing to accelerate quickly. But, that is just my opinion. If the American tracks are so much tighter, as this theory is commonly used, why are so many of the speeds as fast, or faster in many cases? I think the tracks are probably pretty comparable.

Last edited by Fogelhund; 2 Aug 2007 at 13:25.
Old 2 Aug 2007, 15:19 (Ref:1979132)   #85
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03
This thread has moved a little off topic, but, just for the record, the Lister Pescarolo will have Pescarolo bodywork.

Back on topic............
The moderator side never leaves I see.

But true enough, we are indeed off topic.
Old 2 Aug 2007, 15:39 (Ref:1979146)   #86
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Thats a good comparison with the average speeds - I'm still gagging to see a proper P2 sort out Honda vs Porsche vs Lola Vs Pilbeam Vs Radical Vs Courage Vs Pesca etc... that would be an exciting race...

P1 yeah its ok but P2 is where its at.

Henri Vs the Spyders - aside from sounding like a french B movie its mouthwatering
Old 2 Aug 2007, 16:18 (Ref:1979170)   #87
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss_collins
Thats a good comparison with the average speeds - I'm still gagging to see a proper P2 sort out Honda vs Porsche vs Lola Vs Pilbeam Vs Radical Vs Courage Vs Pesca etc... that would be an exciting race...

P1 yeah its ok but P2 is where its at.

Henri Vs the Spyders - aside from sounding like a french B movie its mouthwatering
It really would be great to have Pescarolo, Charouz, Arena Zytek, Creation, RML, Barazi, Courage and Peugeot come over to PLM and Laguna and take the fight to Audi, Penske, Dyson, AGR, Fernandez and Highcroft.

This is a special moment in time, where the LMP2 rules are fairly equal to LMP1 rules in performance, and we've been robbed of a big battle this year, by the non-appearance of the LMP2 ALMS teams at LM.

Next year the rules will change, not giving us the battle we could see this year. Peugeot vs. Audi just once isn't enough, and neither is not seeing exactly where the ALMS P2 cars stand against all the great LMS teams.

I'm sceptical that Interlagos will even happen, but would love to see a tit for tat, and have the ALMS teams listed above, show up there too.

Such events could be the highlights of the calendar year.

As far as Henri and the original premise... I can't see that he would do such a thing, and you'd think he'd come to run the last two ALMS races, just to strengthen his threat, and learn more to see if he really wanted to race in the ALMS in 08'. I still believe he is bluffing.
Old 2 Aug 2007, 17:08 (Ref:1979206)   #88
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Everybody is talking about LMS teams doing the ALMS ..... why dont some of the ALMS teams do LMS for a change ?
Old 2 Aug 2007, 17:22 (Ref:1979216)   #89
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
Everybody is talking about LMS teams doing the ALMS ..... why dont some of the ALMS teams do LMS for a change ?
You mean like was suggested in the post right above yours?
Old 2 Aug 2007, 18:06 (Ref:1979254)   #90
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Ahem ..... yeah ..... something like that !!!
Old 2 Aug 2007, 18:08 (Ref:1979255)   #91
The Badger
Veteran

As long as Henri has enough sponsors to keep his racing effort alive , he will stay in Europe . Why would he throw "Matmut" and simelar French sponsors away just to go to the ALMS and have to start hunting around for potential sponsors ?
Old 2 Aug 2007, 19:37 (Ref:1979308)   #92
Hugewally
Veteran

United States
Largo, FL USA
Hugewally should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Ahem ..... yeah ..... something like that !!!
Old 2 Aug 2007, 21:06 (Ref:1979376)   #93
courageous
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chatham, Kent
courageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcourageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Funny how Henri didn't do so much complaining when he won every lms race last year...
Old 2 Aug 2007, 21:26 (Ref:1979392)   #94
The Badger
Veteran

Thats cuz he had nothing to complain about last year !!
Old 3 Aug 2007, 17:05 (Ref:1980012)   #95
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Didn't Intersport run at Monza the first year of the LMS??

At least I think they did...Anyone remember?

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 3 Aug 2007, 17:43 (Ref:1980033)   #96
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
If no ALMS teams show up at Interlagos I doubt we'll ever seen any in the LMS.
Old 3 Aug 2007, 18:11 (Ref:1980045)   #97
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Northcutt
Didn't Intersport run at Monza the first year of the LMS??

At least I think they did...Anyone remember?
Yes, with Binnie as an Intersport entry. "Q"ed 14th DNFed 43 laps in and ended up 32nd (same # as the car = irony) with B. Binnie at the wheel being taken out by the #76 Autorlando Porsche.

L.P.
Old 5 Aug 2007, 04:36 (Ref:1981192)   #98
dj4monie
Veteran

United States
Reseda, California
dj4monie is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
The problem with doing events over in Europe for ALMS based teams, is the time away and the last time we had an event the turnout was so-so at Silverstone and LMS is hardly a seat filler now, so just "more" cars wouldn't add too it, but MAYBE the quality of the teams and at tracks around Germany for example would bring our Porsche and Audi fans in droves I would believe.

I always thought the intention of the LMS/ALMS/JLMS was to make the series global but feature some "key" events as the season went on along with having regional championships.

The FIA GT series traveled to North America for 3 dates and you could easily have 4 here, plus 2 in Europe and 2 in Japan/Aus for the others and not interfere with regional championships.

Oh well off-topic but not really...