Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 30 Sep 2008, 06:47 (Ref:2300886)   #76
mivec
Racer

Belgium
Belgium
mivec should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhergAthor
Chunder, IMHO you guys overrate the superprix. Here in Europe we know the event but don't think of it as a high profile event as you do. This thread was started in july, so it must have a big impact on the Brittish fans. But for instance the Easter monday event has a higher profile here. If there is extra budget for races outside the national champ, we go to ERC events. If I had a car I would rather do the French round in Lohéac than the superprix.

As for the "international" character of the event: if 18 out of 20 cars are "domestic" entries and there will be 2 invités out of Europe, it's more or less a "local" showcase.

Not that you not rightfully should be proud of the event, it surely be a fantastic event. But for me a joint Irish-Brittish event is as appealling.
The Lydden easter event is also cheaper to do for drivers.
Short ferry, short road trip...

If you see European drivers, it will be in Lydden.

(Snoeck, Van Mechelen, Maris...)
Old 30 Sep 2008, 17:33 (Ref:2301279)   #77
leonidas
Veteran

England
Coventry
leonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridleonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've got to say I'm a big fan of the superprix - in recent years it has been THE big annual meeting in Britain. However without serious European drivers it will be a non-event this year.

Are the European drivers no longer interested or is there just not the sponsorship to make it worthwhile? Wasn't the orginal idea of PSM to contract drivers with offers of funding to guarantee their attendance?
Old 30 Sep 2008, 17:37 (Ref:2301285)   #78
bodgit
Racer

United Kingdom
durham
bodgit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
there are two euro drivers on the entrey list
Old 30 Sep 2008, 17:47 (Ref:2301289)   #79
M.Lowe
Veteran

M.Lowe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will be good to see two new drivers in Div 1
Silvo Viitanen - Ford Focus and Brian Jukes in a TT

Is the Gronholm story dead and buried then or does anyone think he will come over
Old 30 Sep 2008, 20:35 (Ref:2301435)   #80
Bob Gooding
Rookie

Bob Gooding should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Gronholm story is not dead we are still in talkes with is people, watch this space.
Old 1 Oct 2008, 10:04 (Ref:2301865)   #81
silver bullet
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
silver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsilver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsilver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Lowe
It would be good if Gollop came back out in his Focus for this one
or even better, now the BTCC has finished could Andrew Jordan be persuaded to come back for this one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonidas
I've got to say I'm a big fan of the superprix - in recent years it has been THE big annual meeting in Britain. However without serious European drivers it will be a non-event this year.
I totally disagree with this comment. I don't know how you can describe an event with a Div 1/Supercar entry containing the likes of O'Donovan, Evans, Procter, Hill, Bardy, Watson, Manning, etc etc etc as a non-event.

I am still hoping we see the names of Doran & Eklund appear on the list soon.
Old 1 Oct 2008, 16:18 (Ref:2302126)   #82
M.Lowe
Veteran

I think what Leonidas is saying Dave is that like when some people myself included look at a rally entry and think its not worth going due to what you would like to see on the entry list compared to other years when the event had more Johhny Foreigners here in the top category

Isn't this what the event is aimed at in bringing the cream of rallycross drivers over, otherwise the organisers wouldn't even bother asking them and just depending on the UK and Irish drivers to come and compete

I maybe be a bit wrong
Old 1 Oct 2008, 16:22 (Ref:2302128)   #83
M.Lowe
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Gooding
The Gronholm story is not dead we are still in talkes with is people, watch this space.
Excellent news
If they cant get the Fiesta ready ontime then you could lend them the MK4 Bob as its allowed (just messing)
Old 1 Oct 2008, 16:40 (Ref:2302145)   #84
leonidas
Veteran

England
Coventry
leonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridleonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Lowe
I think what Leonidas is saying Dave is that like when some people myself included look at a rally entry and think its not worth going due to what you would like to see on the entry list compared to other years when the event had more Johhny Foreigners here in the top category

Let's hope the other entries do materialise. It should be the highlight of the year and I do think we need a serious overseas entry to maintain the momentum the event has picked up over the last few years. And there is no doubt that British rallycross needs an international event like this for its public profile.
Old 1 Oct 2008, 19:24 (Ref:2302272)   #85
Barrie
Veteran

England
Colchester Essex
Barrie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Organisers are working under difficulty this year as all ferry routes to Scandinavia have been closed because of the economy. See what happens in the next few weeks, Still a chance of Gronholm appearing, and the Nordic Supernationals are still a possibility.
Old 3 Oct 2008, 11:31 (Ref:2303373)   #86
M.Lowe
Veteran

What spec is Brian Jukes Audi TT
Old 3 Oct 2008, 17:35 (Ref:2303565)   #87
jukesy
Rookie

England
south shields
jukesy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
TT

Now that would be telling . Its being built on a budget but Micky ( MB MOTORSPORT ) is doing one hell of a job her
Old 3 Oct 2008, 17:49 (Ref:2303568)   #88
M.Lowe
Veteran

Turbocharged? 4wd Brian?
Come on do tell Brian
Old 3 Oct 2008, 23:50 (Ref:2303763)   #89
The Eye
Racer

Sweden
Sweden
The Eye should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[quote=leonidas]
For the top ERC team’s each race cost’s about 10 000 €. And as the Superprix is not a championship race they have to find other reasons to go there. Citroen GB has paid for Hansen the last few years. Last year I think both Holte and Jespersen used the SP to get some extra, high quality, race experience. This year I think Silvo Viitanen is doing the same. I totally agree with “silver bullet”. How can a race between the top racers in the BRC and the ROC be a “non-event??
Old 4 Oct 2008, 06:14 (Ref:2303838)   #90
jukesy
Rookie

England
south shields
jukesy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
TT

Yes it is turbo charged and 4 wheel drive and coming along nicely
Old 4 Oct 2008, 11:43 (Ref:2303950)   #91
M.Lowe
Veteran

I think What Leonides is saying is that if hes a regular rallycross fan in Britain he wants to see the foreigners to come and race and not just the usual drivers from both championships as he can see that and might of done when the Open and British came together back in July

Looking forward to seeing the TT Bob
Old 5 Oct 2008, 13:45 (Ref:2304672)   #92
PhilChicken
Rookie

PhilChicken should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jukesy
Yes it is turbo charged and 4 wheel drive and coming along nicely
And if its not quicker than a certain black golf, he's going to get his arse kicked.

Have you found any man Pampers yet Brian. Looking at the golf i think Im going to need some.

Phil.
Old 6 Oct 2008, 13:06 (Ref:2305353)   #93
leonidas
Veteran

England
Coventry
Sure, didn't mean to hurt anyones feelings - and yes, I'd turn up even if there are only a half a dozen minis going round. However this is supposed to be a showcase for rallycross and without some of the big names it won't have the same buzz. Shame about Citroen - I'm always surprised there is not more factory interest in rallycross - its got to be one of the most cost-effective motorsports there is. Hansen is a hell of lot cheaper than Loeb and, with the WRC on Dave, Hansen now probably gets more TV coverage!

Good to hear of some new cars coming out soon - the TT will be worth waiting for I'm sure.
Old 6 Oct 2008, 21:30 (Ref:2305648)   #94
Hi Low
Rookie

United Kingdom
Cumbria
Hi Low should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just looked at the entry list. No Top Europeans D1 or Supernationals cars due to the Newcastle ferry been canceled. But we have Rage Buggeys ????. Come on these are not for a top line Rallycross Event ???? What odds K Procter to win
Old 6 Oct 2008, 22:41 (Ref:2305688)   #95
M.Lowe
Veteran

So if Procter is in the Focus, whos gonna use the Puma?
Bellerby by chance
Old 7 Oct 2008, 08:48 (Ref:2305913)   #96
silver bullet
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
silver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsilver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsilver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi Low
But we have Rage Buggeys ????. Come on these are not for a top line Rallycross Event ????
Totally agree. I have no problem with them to help fill out the entry at a clubbie event (as the NORA's do with the MDA) but at a big meeting like the Superprix no way, especially when time is going to be tight anyway. On the plus side though it will be interesting to see Guy Wilkes & Kris Meeke, head to head in them. Who will win that one.
Quote:
What odds K Procter to win
As the entry list stands at the moment it's got to be between Procter and Evans with O'Donovan in third.
Old 7 Oct 2008, 09:42 (Ref:2305949)   #97
stuart107
Racer

England
Faversham
stuart107 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Steve Hill must be worth a shout? He's had some good results this year and on his day I think he could do it.
Old 7 Oct 2008, 10:48 (Ref:2305992)   #98
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuart107
Steve Hill must be worth a shout?
Will his car be ready after the Pembrey shunt?
Old 7 Oct 2008, 15:54 (Ref:2306211)   #99
stuart107
Racer

England
Faversham
stuart107 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2
Will his car be ready after the Pembrey shunt?
Nothing a bit T-Cut and elbow grease won't sort out!

Actually, I've just taken a look at the pictures from Pembrey and it there is quite a bit of damage. Lets hope he can get it fixed and ready.
Old 7 Oct 2008, 16:25 (Ref:2306239)   #100
Great White
Rookie

United Kingdom
North East
Great White should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
But we have Rage Buggeys ????. Come on these are not for a top line Rallycross Event ????

Totally agree. I have no problem with them to help fill out the entry at a clubbie event (as the NORA's do with the MDA) but at a big meeting like the Superprix no way
Normally I don't bother with posting, just read it and take what is said with a pinch of salt.
But there seems to be a lot of negatives about who or what is coming to this event and the the comments about the "Buggies" just shows that. Why did no one comment on their inclusion in the recent "British Championship " round or do I take it that these people do not consider that to be a "top line" event.
Fill the natural gaps and keep the punters happy
Nearly 100 entries can't be bad.
Come what may I will be ther rooting for "RALLYCROSS"