Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 19 Mar 2005, 20:32 (Ref:1256257)   #76
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
So then - LUNCH TIME tomoorw @ Mallory

Ten-Tenths members "Get Together" at the nearest Burger/fast food outlet to the sign-on hut!!
Old 19 Mar 2005, 20:44 (Ref:1256264)   #77
Whitestar
Rookie

England
England
Whitestar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
sounds good to me
Old 20 Mar 2005, 21:43 (Ref:1257420)   #78
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
What a good day, and some cracking, clean racing. Saw many 10thers and put some more faces to names. Then relaized how many people I didn't see - Shiela and Mark for a start. Must try harder next time. Now off to update my '10thers you have met' list.
Old 20 Mar 2005, 21:50 (Ref:1257430)   #79
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley
Then relaized how many people I didn't see - Shiela and Mark for a start. Must try harder next time.

Sorry Chris! I'll try harder too! I was on Post 2 which was very quiet!
Old 20 Mar 2005, 21:59 (Ref:1257447)   #80
Sheila M
Veteran

England
Burton-Upon-Trent
Sheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
What a good day, and some cracking, clean racing. Saw many 10thers and put some more faces to names. Then relaized how many people I didn't see - Shiela and Mark for a start. Must try harder next time. Now off to update my '10thers you have met' list.
You weren't looking them were you? I saw you!
Old 20 Mar 2005, 22:15 (Ref:1257476)   #81
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Dazzled by the reflections of Asp's brand new 10ths badge - sorry!
Old 21 Mar 2005, 13:11 (Ref:1257959)   #82
HiRich
Racer

HiRich should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A word of appreciation for the crews who dealt with the nasty accident in the Kit Car race. We were in Assembly waiting for the Junior race, when I heard a crunching sound rather too close to my backside. From the first guy on the scene, who recognised that this was not going to be a quick retrieval, through to rapid deployment of flags, and then a controlled extraction of the driver. It was all done professionally and swiftly.

I'm sure everyone who saw it would agree, and applaud a job well done. I trust the driver was basically OK.
Old 21 Mar 2005, 13:41 (Ref:1257980)   #83
petestenning
Veteran

petestenning should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiRich
A word of appreciation for the crews who dealt with the nasty accident in the Kit Car race. We were in Assembly waiting for the Junior race, when I heard a crunching sound rather too close to my backside. From the first guy on the scene, who recognised that this was not going to be a quick retrieval, through to rapid deployment of flags, and then a controlled extraction of the driver. It was all done professionally and swiftly.

I'm sure everyone who saw it would agree, and applaud a job well done. I trust the driver was basically OK.
The driver was seen about not long after and is probably sore.

The whole day was enjoyable and the guys and girls trackside including assembly , pits, startline etc, did a very professional job well done all.

Pete
750 Chief Observer
Old 21 Mar 2005, 17:02 (Ref:1258121)   #84
numbersix
Pie On 'ere
Veteran

England
Smaug. Desolation of.
numbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Marshal Utopia
250 marshals on each post! I couldn't see Post three for the orange glare, which was more than the sun did
Bring it on
Old 21 Mar 2005, 18:27 (Ref:1258188)   #85
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Dazzled by the reflections of Asp's brand new 10ths badge - sorry!
The badge has to dazzle as I need something to make up for a lack of a dazzling personality!
Good to catch up with some old faces, and see some new ones anyway
Old 21 Mar 2005, 22:58 (Ref:1258445)   #86
Sheila M
Veteran

England
Burton-Upon-Trent
Sheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by petestenning
The driver was seen about not long after and is probably sore.

The whole day was enjoyable and the guys and girls trackside including assembly , pits, startline etc, did a very professional job well done all.

Pete
750 Chief Observer

The driver concerned came down to the pit lane a few races later and looked incredibly stiff and sore. I was only too pleased with the outcome as I was dealing with his team personnel, his wife and his very distraught daughter, not to mention the in-laws.

I'd like to add my thanks to all the other team personnel in the pit lane at the time of the incident - they cleared the area where the incident was immediately they were asked and only moved after they had asked permission to go back to the paddock. My thanks to all of them for making our job a bit easier in the circumstances.

Sheila
Old 23 Mar 2005, 20:27 (Ref:1260147)   #87
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just to update you on Mr Absolom the driver who hit the armco opposite the pitwall, he went into hospital on Tuesday to have an aluminium collar fitted as he has cracked a vertebrae.
Old 23 Mar 2005, 22:11 (Ref:1260232)   #88
Whitestar
Rookie

England
England
As a marshall who was envolved with the incident and knows what the doc told the driver its his own fault. {drivers please take note] mecanics of injury! we wanted to cut the roll cage off BUT driver said no.I know it would be expensive to repair. Now driver will not be raceing for a few months. WE KNOW WHAT WERE TALKING ABOUT!
Old 23 Mar 2005, 22:21 (Ref:1260238)   #89
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
As a point of order, did the fact that he needed to be removed without cutting the rollcage lead to the injury or had that been sustained in the incident already.

I do hear what you are saying though Whitestar.
Old 23 Mar 2005, 22:24 (Ref:1260241)   #90
Whitestar
Rookie

England
England
incident Ian