Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 25 Mar 2003, 16:01 (Ref:547631)   #76
Fan
Veteran

Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Lee Janotta
05forever, thanks.

Plus there was that guy from the Phillipines who ran a couple seasons in CART in the late '80s, absolutely hopeless behind the wheel of a race car.
Lee, I agree with what you're saying, just out of interest the Phillipines driver was Jovy Marcello who died whilst qualifying at Indy. I seem to remember he was quite competent.
Old 25 Mar 2003, 16:04 (Ref:547638)   #77
Lee Janotta
Veteran

Lee Janotta should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mmm... Not watching him spin 3 times all on his own during the '92 Long Beach GP, if he's the same one I'm thinking of.

I know, rule #1... Don't say bad things about the dead guy...
Old 25 Mar 2003, 16:23 (Ref:547665)   #78
Lee Janotta
Veteran

Damn man! I fell off my chair laughing at that!!!
Old 25 Mar 2003, 17:31 (Ref:547715)   #79
cos
Veteran

England
cos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Whatever happened to attacking the post and not the poster...
Old 25 Mar 2003, 17:57 (Ref:547731)   #80
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If Alex Yoong were an American, Lee would kiss his racing boots and spread his cloak in front of them to keep him from treading the ground like ordinary mortals.

If it didn't cost anything to race, all the cars would have different people in them. And if my granny had six wheels, she'd be a Tyrell. Or a Tyrrel.

Couldn't we just judge people on what they do on the track, and not whether they have money in their wallets that we secretly wish we had and they didn't?

P.S. Thank you for not mentioning M*** G****y in this thread.
Old 25 Mar 2003, 19:25 (Ref:547844)   #81
kmchow
Veteran

kmchow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If one were to give Lee the benefit of the doubt, Lee would be expressing his sadness in seeing that money overshadows talent. Of course, at this point, there are other threads dedicated to why aren't national companies supporting their own nationals in different racing series. Lee should be focusing more of his threads/flames on the companies, and not the individuals who have been able to secure such supportive sponsors.
Old 25 Mar 2003, 19:38 (Ref:547861)   #82
Lee Janotta
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Liz
If Alex Yoong were an American, Lee would kiss his racing boots and spread his cloak in front of them to keep him from treading the ground like ordinary mortals.
It's really more just a big flannel shirt than a cloak, Liz.

And actually, I don't see that Vasser contributing a damn thing to the series anymore, but demanding one of the biggest salaries on the grid. So he's one I'm not worshipping. Likewise those who get their rides through nepitism with a less than overwhelming level of talent: Alex Gurney, Derek Hill, Richard Antinucci... Like I actually said, advancing in US road racing has more to do with who your daddy knows than how fast you can drive. So yeah, I'm all PO'd at US companies for selling out to European ownership (including this one company that trades under the RPM ticker symbol, HINT HINT), or ignoring CART to give their sponsorship money to NASCRAP. By the same token, as a realist, I have a hard time arguing with their decision... Much more exposure for their dollars.
Old 25 Mar 2003, 23:43 (Ref:548162)   #83
corkholio
Veteran

corkholio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If Alex Yoong was American, he wouldn't have enough talent or money to get past Barber Dodge Regionals, not to mention Liz won't get to hate him because he would be one of them non-exotic Americans.
Old 26 Mar 2003, 00:13 (Ref:548187)   #84
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
I feel the need for a street sweeper
Old 26 Mar 2003, 01:29 (Ref:548227)   #85
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Okay, I'm logging in here as the Super Moderator and I want to say that i am really disgusted by the tone this thread has taken. Several of you are long standing members of this Forum and know well enough the policy of attacking the post and not the poster. Several of you will be receiving personal notes from me and this will be going before the Staff.
You have been alerted. Knock off the personal attacks and stay on topic. In additon, overtly racist comments will not be tolerated.