Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 15 Dec 2005, 16:44 (Ref:1484841)   #76
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Creation's deal for a second car was supposed to close "early this week", OR NOT.

Can anyone confirm the status as of now?
Old 22 Dec 2005, 08:38 (Ref:1488518)   #77
LMP nut
Rookie

United Kingdom
England
LMP nut should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone seen the picture the guy on the Creation website is talking about? Apparently there is a photo of the new Creation Hybrid in the windtunnel published in the 2005 LMES review book. Are there any more pics available?
Old 22 Dec 2005, 15:41 (Ref:1488773)   #78
Cre4tion
Rookie

United Kingdom
Derby UK
Cre4tion should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi All, my first post! Got my book today and the new Creation car looks great! Its gonna be the sleekest looking hybrid in 2006. Now lets hope for car #2!
Old 3 Jan 2006, 07:18 (Ref:1493864)   #79
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Does anyone have a link to that picture please ?
Old 19 Jan 2006, 22:35 (Ref:1504771)   #80
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
There's an update on the Creation Autosportif website with a number of pictures of the new Judd V10 installation. The hybrid will be known as the CA06-H-001 (doesn't exactly roll off the tongue, does it!). What I can't fathom out is whether that's a GV4 or GV5. I was expecting a GV4 but it looks more like a GV5 to me. Anyone?
Old 19 Jan 2006, 22:48 (Ref:1504784)   #81
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Wouldn't the GV5 make more sense?
Old 19 Jan 2006, 22:57 (Ref:1504789)   #82
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhansen
Wouldn't the GV5 make more sense?
Bicks was concerned that the extra torque produced by the GV5 would mean beefing up a number of components in order to ensure reliability thereby adding considerable extra weight. So at the time, I felt he was implying that they would go the GV4 route. Personally, I was hoping they would choose the lower revving GV5 which would give them an advantage at the 'power' circuits, which of course includes Le Mans. GV5 made more sense to me, but I know very little about these things........
Old 20 Jan 2006, 00:39 (Ref:1504860)   #83
canam
Veteran

canam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03
There's an update on the Creation Autosportif website with a number of pictures of the new Judd V10 installation. The hybrid will be known as the CA06-H-001 (doesn't exactly roll off the tongue, does it!). What I can't fathom out is whether that's a GV4 or GV5. I was expecting a GV4 but it looks more like a GV5 to me. Anyone?
I think it is called a CA06H with the last numbers indicating which chassis number (number one).
Old 20 Jan 2006, 03:33 (Ref:1504926)   #84
yamato
Racer

yamato should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm a little confused with the hybrid rules here (imagine that).

Two paths for LMP675 cars to go: LMP1H or LMP2H

Zytek are constructing a new LMP1H based on the old 675 car but apparently with the new 4.0L engine installed.

Creation are hybridizing to LMP1H with a V10 Judd engine (perhaps the 5.0L).

Jota is moving to LMP2H with presumably the same old zytek engine.

My question is this: Are the LMP675 to LMP1H cars required to ballast up to 925 Kg? If not, it would seem that the larger engines in the smaller packages would give them quite an advantage over the full LMP1 cars?

Any have an insight on this?
Old 20 Jan 2006, 07:32 (Ref:1504977)   #85
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I may be wrong, but I don't think there is a light weight option in P1 anymore. So they'd have to weigh in at 925kgs.
Old 20 Jan 2006, 08:05 (Ref:1504992)   #86
canam
Veteran

canam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The regs indicate that if you are in LMP1, you have got to weigh 925kg. The DBA/Zytek is capable of both classes because the tub has been crash-tested as a LMP900 car eg to the spec of the Pescarolo's tub although it ran as LMP675 car. If other 675 cars were tested to 900 spec, then they could do the same thing.

The Jota car will be very quick in LMP2--possibly challenging for overall wins on some circuits.
Old 20 Jan 2006, 08:24 (Ref:1505000)   #87
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Interestingly, the Jota hybrid will actually be heavier in LMP2 form than it was in it's LMP1 form last year.

This extra weight is a very good thing for LMP2 and should make the cars inherently more reliable. Just look at the Rollcentre approach, LMP1 gearbox and peripherals in their SR9's. It's not that long ago that races (LMP2) were decided on the basis of 'last man standing'. 2006 should be a very different story, and that's progress.
Old 20 Jan 2006, 09:35 (Ref:1505046)   #88
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
brielga should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I could not agree more, if LMP2 becomes reliable it will be a fantastic class with all those entries and the even performances!!!
Old 20 Jan 2006, 17:05 (Ref:1505368)   #89
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by brielga
I could not agree more, if LMP2 becomes reliable it will be a fantastic class with all those entries and the even performances!!!
If it can be half as good as Group C2, it will be a great class.

The closer links to LMP1 will make it easier for manufactuers/teams to step upto LMP1.
Old 20 Jan 2006, 20:38 (Ref:1505518)   #90
ger80
Veteran

Germany
Birmingham
ger80 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
if you watch the rear suspension pictures they have to change it for 2007 for the real LMP1, or not?
Old 24 Jan 2006, 22:50 (Ref:1508445)   #91
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
DSC have confirmed that Creation will be using the 5 litre Judd engine this year (along with Pescarolo).

The old GV5 unit (which Pescarolo used in 2005) has undergone a significant development programme, the nett result of which is a lower centre of gravity and a weight saving of 20kgs. The revised unit will be called the GV5 S2.

That Le Mans podium is looking a lot closer for Creation than it did last year..........
Old 25 Jan 2006, 06:53 (Ref:1508593)   #92
canam
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03
DSC have confirmed that Creation will be using the 5 litre Judd engine this year.
ooh aah.

let us hope that the rest of the car can take all that TORQUE.

Good decision.

Are there any pics of the car yet? Fully clothed that is.
Old 25 Jan 2006, 09:04 (Ref:1508643)   #93
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by canam
ooh aah.

let us hope that the rest of the car can take all that TORQUE.

Good decision.

Are there any pics of the car yet? Fully clothed that is.
I'm delighted with their decision to run with the GV5 S2!

Torque is a potential problem, but it's KWM who are responsible for the installation. And they have experience of the 5 litre unit having installed it in the Nasamax. They should get three races under their belt before they go to Le Mans. And Sebring (especially) exposes any weaknesses in a car. I'm confident they'll get it right.

The bodywork is being fitted at the moment so it'll be a while before we see the car 'fully clothed'. They could even keep it under wraps until Sebring.
Old 6 Feb 2006, 20:03 (Ref:1516812)   #94
canam
Veteran

CAD 'Wallpaper' rendition of their Hybrid and a few other 'pics' on their website www.creationsport.co.uk. Still no news of their driver line-up (although plenty of rumours) or whether they will be running two cars. Interesting to see that they hae decided to enter one of their Lister Storms in the French GT Championship as well. Not sure what that suggests.
Old 6 Feb 2006, 21:04 (Ref:1516866)   #95
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
What are the rumours concerning Creations driver line up ?

JCW-Minnassian and Ortiz-Gabbiani ? Does Delatraz feature ?
Old 6 Feb 2006, 21:10 (Ref:1516872)   #96
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by canam
Interesting to see that they hae decided to enter one of their Lister Storms in the French GT Championship as well. Not sure what that suggests.
I think it suggests that someone is willing to pay them to run it (as happened for a couple of races last year) and they, being a race team, are always willing to take a cheque. If it helps them fund their prototype aspirations even a bit, since I doubt the Storm has any development costs associated with it, then it's a solid move on their parts and will add some interest to FFSA-GT car-wise.
Old 6 Feb 2006, 21:33 (Ref:1516890)   #97
canam
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
What are the rumours concerning Creations driver line up ?

JCW-Minnassian and Ortiz-Gabbiani ? Does Delatraz feature ?
The only really strong one is Ortiz-Gabbiani but the team have said nothing. They did test Primat and Ruberti. JDD has raced the car and, given his podium position on his first outing, must be in line for a drive. I heard that Nathan Kinch also had a go. Lot of potential drivers.

Still don't know about JCW and Minassian either. I presume that they are still part of the squad.
Old 6 Feb 2006, 22:33 (Ref:1516919)   #98
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Deletraz's Imvest money and something which may on good days approximate pace would put him in good standing for a drive! Kinch has some money as well I do believe. Does Primat bring funding? I'm guessing so.

Ruberti would be top of those in my book really, a good pro driver who deserves more consistent rides than the Saleens he's had the last couple of years, or the Alfa before then...hard to compete with Nordauto/Autodelta/whatever they call themselves any given year.
Old 13 Feb 2006, 18:26 (Ref:1521966)   #99
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
blatant self publicity as its my artwork but an image has been released of the new Creation
http://www.crash.net/picture_view_si...pid~233326.htm
Old 13 Feb 2006, 19:25 (Ref:1522019)   #100
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It'll be nice to see it on track. Where will it be shaken down? Silverstone? Snetterton?

and then it is off to Paul Ricard for the big LMS test/publicity.