Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 23 Jun 2008, 16:38 (Ref:2235854)   #76
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So just the "Hysteric"posters then,that wont take long john.
Old 23 Jun 2008, 17:23 (Ref:2235892)   #77
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Hello folks. I've just had a look at the name label my Mum sewed into the collar of my shirt and it says Stephen Green, so I must be him?

A marshal for over 20 years and still enjoying most of it (when it's not chucking it down with rain or snow). I do have a laugh trying to work out who is who from here at times, especially at the BRDC race after the BGP when it seems half the members of ten-tenths are out racing!

I am also the National Public Relations Officer for the British Motorsport Marshals Club so some of you will know me from begging letters for raffle prizes for our 50th anniversary last year.

I shall be marshalling at the BGP in two weeks (don't know where yet) and then at Goodwood Festival of Speed (Post 1) the weekend after, so if anyone wants to drop by and say hello it would be great to put names to faces.
Old 23 Jun 2008, 17:46 (Ref:2235923)   #78
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Trouble is you're a miserable old bugger really. Oops sorry mixed you up with that Ruston bloke.
Old 23 Jun 2008, 20:21 (Ref:2236057)   #79
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's true then Peter,you really dont want a drive at LM.
Old 24 Jun 2008, 13:16 (Ref:2236544)   #80
LC driver
Rookie

Netherlands
The Netherlands
LC driver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by esper
Esper ? seems a nickname for many dutchmen. but goes back to my Russian grandfather , had to leave St Petersburg in 1917 so...........Holland. (we love foreigners)
Well I understand a lot now
Old 27 Jun 2008, 09:38 (Ref:2238603)   #81
gtvsaviour
Rookie

United Kingdom
Brussels
gtvsaviour should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've no problem with anyone knowing my real name - John Weston - but as there's 4 of 'em in my family alone it could lead to confusion in the numbers involved on t'internet....
My current GF named me the GTV Saviour when I rolled up in a complete shed of an Alfa after it's cross Germany jaunt after a blind buy on Ebay - so I stuck with that - nuff said.

JOHN WESTON (in case you missed it)
Old 21 Jul 2008, 08:55 (Ref:2255121)   #82
Fuzzi
Rookie

United Kingdom
In the corner of Surrey
Fuzzi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm Julian Hunt. Sometime VSCC flag marshal I haven't been up on the bank since I bought a pile of Austin Seven bits and started bolting them together. I now compete (if that's the word) in VSCC driving tests where old age and short term memory loss works against me. I'm starting to build a classic trials Austin and I plan to take up hillclimbing and sprinting as soon as the racing budget (the State Pension) kicks in.
Old 9 Aug 2008, 09:56 (Ref:2266278)   #83
krt917
Veteran

krt917 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkrt917 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Right, it's taken me far too long to post on here, but here goes.

I am Kevin Turner, editor of the National section in Autosport magazine, and son of the starter of this thread! I used to post regularly (and can take the credit, or blame, for introducing Turner Senior to ten-tenths), but I don't get the chance much these days.

krt are my initials and 917, well that's pretty obvious I guess!

I do know a number of you in the real world, and I hope to meet more soon.
Old 22 Aug 2008, 20:44 (Ref:2273559)   #84
ford prefect
Racer

United Kingdom
Wellingborough
ford prefect should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My name is Mark Turner, no relation to any of the other Turners on this thread.

I am an optician living and working in Wellingborough.
Old 9 Sep 2008, 15:17 (Ref:2285665)   #85
Racer 35
Racer

England
South Derbyshire
Racer 35 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi I'm Simon Peach, a derbshire boy who's ended up as a 'lean' consultant, trotting around the globe, though I am anything but lean myself
The moniker comes from the following list of coincidences...

Bought my first race car at age 35 (1960 TVR Granture Mk2a)
When I first saw it, it carried no.35
Entered my first race with HSCC, got allocated no.35
Bought my second racer, which carried no35 in the ad I saw (1959 Elva Mk4)
Found out it had carried no.35 since 1959, when it was a works car
Entered it in Gentleman Drivers, guess what number I got......

Anyway, I now ask for 35. I've never been superstitious, but 35 seems to have adopted me, so I stick with it whenever possible.
Old 9 Sep 2008, 15:18 (Ref:2285668)   #86
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Same as me with No 36.
Old 9 Sep 2008, 15:33 (Ref:2285676)   #87
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Simon excuse my ignorance but what is a lean consultant?
Old 9 Sep 2008, 15:39 (Ref:2285684)   #88
Racer 35
Racer

England
South Derbyshire
Racer 35 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No ignorance on your part Simon, just an obscure profession on mine

'Lean' was the word coined by western manufacturing experts to describe the highly efficient manufacturing methods employed by Japanese companies, or more particularly, by Toyota. Now, those methods, philosophies and management techniques are being applied to everything from healthcare to the military.
Old 9 Sep 2008, 15:50 (Ref:2285697)   #89
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
well you have two nice cars so clearly it is less lean when it comes to renumeration ;o)
Old 23 Sep 2008, 15:50 (Ref:2296200)   #90
R59
Veteran

Heard and McDonald Islands
Bedfordshire
R59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For those that don't know, or care to, I'm Rob Compton. Well I was when I answered my phone last, and someone asked for me.

R59 - well, 59 was my second ever race number, and due to the time I ran in one series with it, it's stuck. It's mine I tell you, MINE!

That'll do for now.

This thread will self delete in 5 seconds.....
Old 27 Sep 2008, 07:38 (Ref:2298804)   #91
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Thanks, Rob; it won't delete, but I am 'unsticking' it. It will remain open for future disclosures, though!

Last edited by John Turner; 27 Sep 2008 at 07:54.
Old 27 Sep 2008, 07:47 (Ref:2298810)   #92
driverider
Rookie

driverider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Its amazing to see the emotion that this topic has evoked

when I signed up for this and other forums I was offered the opportunity to put in a nickname and so did

Driverider because I love two and four wheels and compete on both

No deep thought and little emotion applied

I am Barrie Baxter
Old 27 Sep 2008, 07:53 (Ref:2298815)   #93
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Very warm welcome, Barrie. Looking forward to loads of great posts and insights from you!
Old 27 Sep 2008, 08:08 (Ref:2298821)   #94
driverider
Rookie

driverider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
thank you John - great community
Old 11 Dec 2008, 14:51 (Ref:2352746)   #95
compte deGraves
Veteran

France
Charente, France
compte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcompte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I am Comte Michel de Graves. I live in France amidst the vineyards of the South West. I have a financial interest in two cars, a Volpini and a Lotus Elite. Rarely can I get away from my business commitments to race and therefore my cars are driven by Delta and my English lawyer (whose name also appears on the Elite!). Incidentally I have never come across a nicer or more helpful bloke than Delta. His preparation is wonderful and his love of the cars shines thru everything he does. I owe him a great deal (other than money!).
Old 11 Dec 2008, 16:00 (Ref:2352797)   #96
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
So now Delta needs a bigger helmet!
Old 11 Dec 2008, 16:12 (Ref:2352805)   #97
simon drabble
Veteran

either that ir comtegraves is his alter ego..
Old 11 Dec 2008, 17:35 (Ref:2352861)   #98
ensign14
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Deception Island
ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!
In which case we need to test the Count with a series of fiendishly difficult questions.

Example:

"M le Comte, you say you live in a wine region. Well, tell me this, without googling: what type of wine is a Bordeaux? Aha, got you there."
Old 11 Dec 2008, 18:32 (Ref:2352917)   #99
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Compte is a man of mistery.A french FJ driver knows of him and told me that he lives in a castle in Switzerland and has been known to race a Formula 5000. One of the good things for me looking after his cars is that we always get looked after by the French police . We were waved through a que of traffic when we arrived at Le Hauve last year they are allways very impressed with his cars.
Old 11 Dec 2008, 18:40 (Ref:2352924)   #100
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Originally Posted by ensign14
In which case we need to test the Count with a series of fiendishly difficult questions.

Example:

"M le Comte, you say you live in a wine region. Well, tell me this, without googling: what type of wine is a Bordeaux? Aha, got you there."

Dont push the wine thing.