Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 9 Sep 2010, 20:11 (Ref:2756960)   #76
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Says it all really.
Old 9 Sep 2010, 21:03 (Ref:2756987)   #77
ensign14
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Deception Island
ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!
Entertaining enough as a series, would have liked to seen a bit more of some of the other successful competitors. And maybe some explanation as to why the world championship was in any way more global than the British and European, or else it sounds like the World Round The Table Table Tennis Championship that I won three times in 1989. One of the kids was born in Bangladesh, so it was at least more global than the World Series.
Old 10 Sep 2010, 09:06 (Ref:2757180)   #78
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The World Final included a whole grid of Dutch entries and also drivers from South Africa, Australia and new Zealand.

Hardly enough space in a half hour slot to start wafflinf on about it, the narrative covered it in enough detail really.
Old 12 Sep 2010, 14:23 (Ref:2758140)   #79
R59
Veteran

Heard and McDonald Islands
Bedfordshire
R59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
Blimey Piercarlo, iof you think Midgets are good you must have seen some awful stuff in teh past!

I think they still exist but aer very low on numbers, not really that interesting for fans to be honest and thats bad in short oval racing
That's sad to hear. The fastest thing on a short oval - GP Midgets!! I drove one at Northampton back in 1990, I enjoyed it at first, but soon became bored with squirt/brake/turn/squirt/brake/turn in rapid succession. Damn quick though.

Have seen them race many times, and much better than they're often credited with. Non-contact too.
Old 13 Sep 2010, 11:52 (Ref:2758674)   #80
bigted
Veteran

bigted should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Having come back from the Scunthorpe Brisca F1 meeting on Saturday night, i was somewhat dispaointed
Old 13 Sep 2010, 12:05 (Ref:2758690)   #81
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
As an outsider to this branch of the sport, I enjoyed the series but as I commented before, I found the lack of explanation of some of the rules/ regs annoying. I also thought it odd that the Producers introduced random other characters in to the show, like the Hairdresser & his son & the teenage blond girl without them following through the other shows.
Old 14 Sep 2010, 18:14 (Ref:2759365)   #82
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
They only had six half hour episodes, I think that was the issue.

It's not for everyone obviously and people who complain about the lack of explanation of the ules are simply missing the point. It was show about families who race, not a show about racing.
Old 14 Sep 2010, 18:42 (Ref:2759386)   #83
dank
Racer

United Kingdom
Oxford
dank should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks like it's on DVD already. £12.99 from Amazon, probably cheaper elsewhere. Maybe?
Old 14 Sep 2010, 19:18 (Ref:2759413)   #84
ensign14
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Deception Island
ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!
With 50% more footage, by the looks.

One thing that did cross my mind...there does not seem to be much imagination regarding first names for the Wainmans and Smiths.
Old 14 Sep 2010, 19:46 (Ref:2759443)   #85
edington Mains
Rookie

edington Mains should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great job Chunder keeping interest in this sport alive!
I went to my 1st world final in 1981, won by Len Wolfenden.. saw "SuperStu" win 3 on the trot and then the start of the John Lund Years... remember seeing both Andy Smith and Frankie Jnr compete in their 1st races in Ministox and then Andy go on to win the world title...

work kids and stuff got in the way, but Ive been around racing, from rally to GT racing and this short oval racing still hold some interest and i still went to the odd meeting here and there, must say this series has re-increase my interest and im going to make an effort to get to one or two more meetings before too long...

in the meantime Andy Smith won the world final on Saturday 4th Sept for the 3rd time in a row, emulating his father, Stuart, who did it in 83,84,85
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3mcp...layer_embedded

Just to say to the doubters of this "working class" racing... go and give it a chance at least... its a fun evening out and there is always some good action!
Old 14 Sep 2010, 20:32 (Ref:2759468)   #86
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Hehe ensign

It is the funniest part of racing the names! All these people have egos the size of Belgium! But are all approachable and good to talk to, real people not PR spun robots!