Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 1 Sep 2009, 07:29 (Ref:2532311)   #76
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mekola View Post
And Nelson Sr.'s wins in Argentine-San Marino 1981 with an illegal car? Perhaps Reutemann could claim his title after all this time?

Most seriously, I think Nelsinho should be more cautious about what he says. It seems to be a "loose cannon" trick as he did his father, and if he wants to be in F1 he should preserve his image, and even help his stepbrother Pedro, who is a kid who has F1 aspirations, too.
And Nelson Snrs 83 title win with BASF fuel that BMW personnel and Brabham people all acknowledge was illegal. So Lole to be 81 champ and Prost 83.
Old 1 Sep 2009, 10:50 (Ref:2532390)   #77
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I think if the team told him to crash on purpose he would have done a cack-handed job of it and got it wrong.
Old 1 Sep 2009, 11:07 (Ref:2532400)   #78
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Thanks Armco. I just laughed out loud in the office.
Old 1 Sep 2009, 11:10 (Ref:2532401)   #79
Satorian
Veteran

European Union
Satorian has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans View Post
His loose lips will though.
Probably. But the point I replied to was only about his willingness to crash on order.
Old 1 Sep 2009, 13:04 (Ref:2532469)   #80
Rubinho
Racer

United Kingdom
Cambridge, UK
Rubinho should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The allegation was planted by Renault themselves to give themselves an exit strategy for the end of the year. Think about it; a wild allegation is made, the FIA investigate and punish Renault with a huge fine and a race ban, Renault complain "the FIA's so unfair, wah wah wah, we're going to quit" and they leave F1. It's the cheapest way for them to get out of the sport without damaging their own public image.
Old 1 Sep 2009, 13:07 (Ref:2532472)   #81
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
I hope Piquet Jr doesn't want a future in F1, because, even if his claims are true, what team would want to employ a whistleblower in the future.
Old 1 Sep 2009, 14:04 (Ref:2532503)   #82
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubinho View Post
The allegation was planted by Renault themselves to give themselves an exit strategy for the end of the year. Think about it; a wild allegation is made, the FIA investigate and punish Renault with a huge fine and a race ban, Renault complain "the FIA's so unfair, wah wah wah, we're going to quit" and they leave F1. It's the cheapest way for them to get out of the sport without damaging their own public image.
That doesn't make sense. Or course it would damage their public imagine they were found guilty.
Old 1 Sep 2009, 15:31 (Ref:2532546)   #83
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V View Post
I hope Piquet Jr doesn't want a future in F1, because, even if his claims are true, what team would want to employ a whistleblower in the future.
If it's found to be true, I'm not sure that he would even have a licence.

Have a look at Mr Saward has to say (second article down at the moment).
Old 1 Sep 2009, 16:48 (Ref:2532588)   #84
foreversideways
Veteran

England
Bramhall
foreversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridforeversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The Mail reported today that it was Piquet Jnr and Snr who opened this can of worms. The outcome can't be good for anyone, even the Piquet's themselves. His career in F1 is over but i suspect that this vindictive action will ensure that no members of the Piquet family will ever compete in motorsport again unless it is in their own team. Renault will dissociate themselves with the whole thing and promptly leave the sport if the investigation damages their reputation.
Old 1 Sep 2009, 18:13 (Ref:2532638)   #85
courageous
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chatham, Kent
courageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcourageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jab View Post
He can just say he was following team orders...
I'm sure herr Mosely will understand ;-)
Old 1 Sep 2009, 18:27 (Ref:2532643)   #86
Flyin Ryan
Veteran

United States
Carolina del Norte
Flyin Ryan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
He wasn't going to get a ride in the future anyway unless it was his dad paying the money.
Old 1 Sep 2009, 18:43 (Ref:2532654)   #87
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
its funny this has even come up. a sad sack of a driver, who was doing a few ticks better than Badoer these last few races and badoer doesn't spin mid-race-
This scandal is as much about the integrity of the Piquet as it is anything else.
he gets sacked, Grosjean seem much better at the task at hand, and he is whining a bit eh? if it was a team order, oh well, team orders are banned so this would be a no no, however if Renault alternately stated somewhere, " just crash if you need out and can't drive at F1 levels anymore..(team sarcasm)" and Nelson goes Crash in a panic of low self esteem and self worth, only to blame Renault for it.
Old 1 Sep 2009, 20:08 (Ref:2532724)   #88
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armco Bender View Post
It beats the normal signs that Renault used to put out for Piquet;
"Try not to crash next lap",
"Try to drive quicker" and
"Try".
Old 1 Sep 2009, 21:39 (Ref:2532785)   #89
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/motoring/n...ectid=10594697

Quote:
Originally Posted by NZ Herald
A source within the FIA said: "There were interviews going on all weekend at Spa-Francorchamps, and other issues above and beyond Singapore are also to be looked at."

Technical chief Pat Symonds and Alonso were among senior Renault figures interviewed more than once by FIA representatives in Belgium.
This is starting to brew. I can smell it. This is the next big scandal

Old 1 Sep 2009, 22:26 (Ref:2532815)   #90
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by jab View Post
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/motoring/n...ectid=10594697

This is starting to brew. I can smell it. This is the next big scandal

There is more to come... scandal is a sweet word for that.
Old 1 Sep 2009, 22:52 (Ref:2532826)   #91
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The FIA is a judicial bureacracy - they need scandal and tittle tattle to give them reasons for acting like one. Probably good for flying a few people around the world to ask questions. MM's last fling?

Perhaps they have already fully 'allocated' the McLaren cash and need some more. MS was something important in that process wasn't he? I wonder what he could tell us.
Old 2 Sep 2009, 00:13 (Ref:2532848)   #92
JABWOA
Veteran

Australia
3rd star to the left
JABWOA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
what team would want to employ a whistleblower in the future
Renault currently has one...
Old 2 Sep 2009, 06:35 (Ref:2532901)   #93
ensign14
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Deception Island
ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!
Conspiracy theory: Renault have a binding option on Alonso for next year...the only way out of it is to claim a repudiatory breach...such as getting banned for races or doing something contrary to the interests of the sport...

Evidence: Alonso's future was to be announced in a press conference in September...why did he say this back in July? Why not announce it then? Perhaps because of insufficient evidence at that time?

Old 2 Sep 2009, 07:57 (Ref:2532936)   #94
P.L.Green
Rookie

Spain
P.L.Green should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Would he be allowed to race again anyway? After putting in risk not only his live but also the other driver's? I think this guy has dig his own grave..........
Old 2 Sep 2009, 08:29 (Ref:2532952)   #95
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Not that I'm excusing his alledged actions, but I don't think he risked his life or anyone elses. With the cars and circuits being as they are nowadays it is perfectly possible to stage a 'soft' crash.
Old 2 Sep 2009, 12:53 (Ref:2533114)   #96
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Yer, didn't he stuff it into the wall? No other cars involved.

I'm going to have to watch the race again, or the first 13 laps at least, but i doubt very much that Renault would tell Piquet over the radio to crash, so, with that in mind, i find it hard to believe that the team would be able to engineer the win from 15th place on the grid (i.e - before the race), even though, iirc, FA was extremely fast in quali until a failure of some sort. The other thing that hasn't been taken into account, even if the team had decided to manipulate the race, did they do something to Felipe's re-fuelling rig too? After all, he would have won the race and not Fernando had the pit lane problem not happened.
Old 2 Sep 2009, 13:32 (Ref:2533136)   #97
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm just going to put this out there - as they are investigating other things "beyond Singapore", implying greater issues than that, could it be possible that there's something suspect about their sudden mid-season surge in performance?
Old 2 Sep 2009, 13:35 (Ref:2533138)   #98
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
The other thing that hasn't been taken into account, even if the team had decided to manipulate the race, did they do something to Felipe's re-fuelling rig too? After all, he would have won the race and not Fernando had the pit lane problem not happened.
Renault may not have been able to guarantee victory but the motive was still there in the form of a strong podium.
Old 2 Sep 2009, 13:46 (Ref:2533148)   #99
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
Oh, this is interesting - Briatore didn't even blame Piquet for bringing out the safety car

Quote:
Q: Even Nelson Piquet chipped in. If not for his safety car, Fernando wouldn’t have been there.

FB: ‘We don’t know... No, because it was Barrichello, the safety car was out for Barrichello anyway.’
Old 2 Sep 2009, 18:45 (Ref:2533298)   #100
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Although no one can be sure and even myself can't believe this to be the case, but some people are saying that the Piquets has nothing to do with the accusations and both are ignoring the claims about it.