Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 28 May 2014, 19:37 (Ref:3412005)   #76
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Old 30 May 2014, 08:46 (Ref:3412630)   #77
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
Having done the commercial tie-in with Hunter Abbott's sponsor are they now going to do the same with James Cole's and introduce a mandatory 20mph speed limit.
Looks like Jack Clarke could have a reverse commercial tie in here.

It's interesting that the only sanction resulting from a test failure is that you need to wait until you sober up ! Won't it be funny if that happens on a race day... Louise in and out of the driver's garage before each event with a breathalyzer to see if he's passed yet or not
Old 30 May 2014, 13:53 (Ref:3412704)   #78
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/114197

Now, I know Triple 8 have done GTs for a couple of seasons now, and I'm of the belief that the MG contract won't be renewed at the end of this year (the third of a three-year deal), so I think this is an indication that Triple 8 may not be in the BTCC for 2015.
Old 30 May 2014, 16:42 (Ref:3412774)   #79
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
But Marc Hynes has a 2 year deal with 888 and I can't see them moving away from their bread and butter completely.
Old 30 May 2014, 18:55 (Ref:3412828)   #80
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I guess Alan will have to ditch Manufacturers title if MG doesn't support 888 anymore
Old 30 May 2014, 20:03 (Ref:3412871)   #81
BtccLee
Veteran

BtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I believe MG are releasing a new 6 soon, so it would make sense to stick around to publicise that.

There was a rumour, and I use the term very loosely, that Vauxhall had been in touch with 888 about running some new Astras in 2015. I am sceptical, to be polite.

Anyway, back to 888. Touring Cars are their home and right now they are right near top of the tree. So long as a commerial deal can be arranged, I can see the Plato/TESCO arrangement continuing for some time bearing in mind the success of the KX academy, they will stay. The input MG have is, I believe, minimal to say the least. I highly doubt it would be difficult to find another company to supply some shells and pay the entrants fee, if you are insistant on finding a manufacturer. 888 have shown through their involvment in GT's that is is most definately not the most critial aspect.

However, bearing in mind the success of the BTCC right now and 888's position, I would put money on them being around in 2015 backed by TESCO and running under a manufacturer's banner.
Old 31 May 2014, 10:40 (Ref:3413092)   #82
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by BtccLee View Post
I believe MG are releasing a new 6 soon, so it would make sense to stick around to publicise that.
I believe MGs contribution to the 888 programme is almost negligible - free shells or something. So unless they do decide to properly underpin 888 in terms of a factory effort, I'm not sure whether they're absence or presence will have much of a bearing on 888's continuation.
Old 2 Jun 2014, 10:34 (Ref:3414155)   #83
cos
Veteran

England
cos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Belcher reckons his car should be ready for Oulton
http://www.touringcartimes.com/2014/...t-oulton-park/

Fancy buying one of the 2012 MG6 BTCC replicas?
Old 2 Jun 2014, 14:53 (Ref:3414311)   #84
TimRTC
Racer

TimRTC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cos View Post
Problem is you find you always end up tailgating Honda Civics along the motorway...

When they released the MG6 BTCC edition I did enquire if they were doing an MG liveried version, but apparently Tesco were not too keen given the chance of people being seen fuelling up at other stations.
Old 3 Jun 2014, 10:59 (Ref:3414698)   #85
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
That price is no more than other used MG 6's go for.

Has it been thrashed by Plato?
Old 3 Jun 2014, 11:20 (Ref:3414706)   #86
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"Expert Rating - 2.6 star"

Would love to see the expert rating of the Motorbase Focus then!
Old 3 Jun 2014, 13:30 (Ref:3414763)   #87
davyboy
Veteran

Interesting one this. I wonder has James Weaver moved back to the UK from the States or something.
Old 3 Jun 2014, 15:44 (Ref:3414826)   #88
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I find it amusing that he has omitted his stint in the 2nd Janspeed Nissan in 92!
Old 3 Jun 2014, 22:44 (Ref:3415009)   #89
Andrew Abbott
Racer

England
Shrewsbury
Andrew Abbott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cos View Post
A disgusting livery on a cheap and hideous car. Ashamed that they're even advertising it under a tagline of 'Beautifully British'. It isn't and it isn't.
Old 6 Jun 2014, 16:10 (Ref:3416233)   #90
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
small question

is Tony Gilham involved in any way with BMR Restart or is he completely out of the picture ?

and does Team Dynamics have a replacement driver ready for Matt Neal's mandatory broken finger in summer brake ?
Old 7 Jun 2014, 00:01 (Ref:3416395)   #91
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndySpeed View Post
A disgusting livery on a cheap and hideous car. Ashamed that they're even advertising it under a tagline of 'Beautifully British'. It isn't and it isn't.
Seriously man, did TOCA refuse you a pass this season or something
Old 9 Jun 2014, 20:12 (Ref:3417788)   #92
BtccLee
Veteran

BtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hmmm... Long break coming up... Out of title fight...Shell ready...Prior experience of such a job... Am I the only person who would not be surprised to see this thing out at Snetterton???

http://www.touringcartimes.com/2014/...ries-for-2015/

What I do not understand is why only one Beemer, the Focus is just not a good enough car it seems.
Old 9 Jun 2014, 20:44 (Ref:3417805)   #93
psq43
Veteran

psq43 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
Team Dynamics have a replacement driver ready for Matt Neal's mandatory broken finger in summer brake ?
Put me down for a fiver on Rickard Rydell. They may as well put the rest of the old gang back together.
Old 9 Jun 2014, 22:30 (Ref:3417864)   #94
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
Everyone knows that when Plato moans, thing get changed. Our master has spoken...
Old 10 Jun 2014, 06:23 (Ref:3417976)   #95
BtccLee
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
Everyone knows that when Plato moans, thing get changed. Our master has spoken...
As we quite clearly saw when he complained at the start of the year about this. Oh no, Gow put his foot down. Or when he punted Turks in race three and didn't get penalised? Wait, he did. Jordan is complaining too but Gow knows what teams are like, specially when they're not winning. He isn't just going to roll over on this.
Old 10 Jun 2014, 10:13 (Ref:3418051)   #96
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BtccLee View Post
As we quite clearly saw when he complained at the start of the year about this. Oh no, Gow put his foot down. Or when he punted Turks in race three and didn't get penalised? Wait, he did. Jordan is complaining too but Gow knows what teams are like, specially when they're not winning. He isn't just going to roll over on this.
Past history shows;

He moaned about the BMW S2000 starts, they got a longer first gear. He moaned about the straightline speed balancing of the turbo cars against his then Chevy; turbo boost was reduced, then the engine sporting rules totally re-written.
Old 10 Jun 2014, 11:03 (Ref:3418069)   #97
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
What a load of rubbish. Every year the BMWs go to their favourite tracks of Oulton and Croft (and now Knockhill too), there is a lot of whinging. Since 2007 and the return of the BMWs, they've always been on good form at those places, just a case of horses for courses. Autosport really shouldn't give them the airtime, yet every year they do.
Old 10 Jun 2014, 11:07 (Ref:3418071)   #98
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
And now Ian Harrison suggests that 888 could go down the RWD route next year.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report...ce=mostpopular
Old 10 Jun 2014, 12:03 (Ref:3418094)   #99
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Which adds weight to my opinion that MG won't be back. It'd be interesting to see where 888 would get the funding to build new cars, as Tesco are doing horribly financially, and I doubt they'd be back. And what other manufacturers have suitable RWD cars? Lexus? Mercedes?

Personally, I think its just a load of hot air and as soon as JP wins another race, it'll be forgotten.
Old 10 Jun 2014, 12:58 (Ref:3418123)   #100
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by medius View Post
Which adds weight to my opinion that MG won't be back. It'd be interesting to see where 888 would get the funding to build new cars, as Tesco are doing horribly financially, and I doubt they'd be back. And what other manufacturers have suitable RWD cars? Lexus? Mercedes?

Personally, I think its just a load of hot air and as soon as JP wins another race, it'll be forgotten.
Jonathon Palmer has returned to racing in the BTCC? Fantastic news...