Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 20 Sep 2002, 17:44 (Ref:384944)   #76
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Now this: I have updated my GPL to version 1.2 and now it keeps asking to insert the CD, but it's already there !!!

Any one have a clue on this or I did something wrong ?
Old 20 Sep 2002, 17:55 (Ref:384954)   #77
Number Juan
Veteran

Tajikstan
Sussex, UK
Number Juan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally posted by Bononi
Now this: I have updated my GPL to version 1.2 and now it keeps asking to insert the CD, but it's already there !!!

maybe you went out with it's sister...:confused:

dunno mate, i've updated to 1.2 and nothing seems amiss...but what i do know is that it's hard to keep in a straight line with Miss. Hine's setups.

Here must all distrust be left;
All cowardice must here be dead
Old 21 Sep 2002, 05:23 (Ref:385186)   #78
Arturo Pereira
Rookie

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Arturo Pereira should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Bononi

Try upgrading to version 1.2.0.2. If this does not work maybe your gpl.exe is ruineg and you should have to uninstall and install GPL again

Arturo

GPL cpu speed fix aka version 1.2.0.2. patch
Old 26 Sep 2002, 19:41 (Ref:389088)   #79
Number Juan
Veteran

Tajikstan
Sussex, UK
i have got my new best car - the brabham, with the help of Alison Hine's original setups which are more forgiving, very safe at high speeds and are just brilliant!

going through Spa on the Brabham and i thought i was going really slowly down to Masta but nooooo i was going 195mph!!! this Brabham is amazing! took Masta at my new personal record of 171mph with relative ease.

so the next lap i tried for 175mph but clipped the crash barrier and head-on into the farm fences.

can anyone tell me how the hell people get through Masta flat?!

Old 26 Sep 2002, 20:15 (Ref:389116)   #80
Tony_Simpson
Veteran

Tony_Simpson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
you have to have big balls, and touch the grass on both apexes,staying on the inside of the generated racing lines through the apexes

On a reply of a 3.14 lap, a very small lift/keeping flat and scrubbing off the speed that way the lowest speed throught the corner was 180mph, ,

is that any help????
Old 26 Sep 2002, 22:04 (Ref:389284)   #81
Number Juan
Veteran

Tajikstan
Sussex, UK
erm, i think it's gonna take a little practice but yeah it helps - i've been using the grass technique but i think my biggest problem is my driving style. to do Masta flat, you've gotta be agressive, im way too smooth on the wheel and on the throttle.

Old 2 Oct 2002, 18:32 (Ref:394228)   #82
Number Juan
Veteran

Tajikstan
Sussex, UK
i've got Masta sorted, i also got a really hooked up lap in the coventry at Spa and got a 3m33.66 lap! imagine if i was in my favourite car the Brabham! that would be like a 3m30 lap at least

i just wish i was good at some other tracks

Old 2 Oct 2002, 19:33 (Ref:394288)   #83
ozywoodwards
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chorlton, Manchester
ozywoodwards should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
my main problem with taking masta flat is that if you muck it up (as I do almost every time) while trying to learn how to do it you have to drive for 3:30mins till you can try again, so I give up too easily and just chicken out.
Old 2 Oct 2002, 20:43 (Ref:394348)   #84
Tony_Simpson
Veteran

Tony_Simpson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Do not try and take masta flat, I am not and I am doing 3.19's, my friend is not and he is doing 3.14's!!!!!. This is of course with the full grand prix cars. Are you doing 3.30's in the F2 car????

The way to do the corner is to lift, turn in early and use the grass, then turn early for the second part and touch the grass again, all this is with a good amount of power on. It is tricky to explain, but i can give you a replay of masta to help you some more, pm me if you want it and I will get back to u asap, same with a replay of some other corners anyone is struggling with, just pm me (it may take a while as I am at work all day, lots of you might want one, etc)
Old 2 Oct 2002, 20:46 (Ref:394352)   #85
Number Juan
Veteran

Tajikstan
Sussex, UK
well i found with the coventry, it can scrub off a bit of speed - enough to get through it, though you do have some maniac steering to contend with. with the brabham you can easily do it flat.

coming up for Masta and you're doing 195/6mph, hit the 100m mark and turn in, screeching your tyres as much as possible and hit the muddy left-hand-side of the first part of Masta - get it right next to the bank, then once you've got around that, the hard part comes: steer relatively slowly right but try and get as close to the crash barrier as possible and that should see you through.

most times you won't get through flat, but nearly flat. i've got it down to an art. im happy now because i've reached that stage in GPL where i use absolutely no aids and don't really miss them - in fact they were quite a nuisance.

Old 5 Oct 2002, 09:39 (Ref:396224)   #86
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by Number Juan
...i use absolutely no aids and don't really miss them - in fact they were quite a nuisance.
Does anyone use the aids? I've never used them from the outset. As I've never used anytning but the GP cars.

By the way, why do I find the Brabham such a car? I absolutely hate it. I'd much rather drive the Cooper or BRM than the Brabham.
Old 5 Oct 2002, 17:24 (Ref:396419)   #87
Tristan
Veteran

Tristan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No WAY!! I LIKE the Brabham. Dominated the 1967 season. Nice, progressive power, reasonable chassis (it's not a Honda, but...) and you're ALWAYS going faster than you think in that thing. Just a shame I can't find a good carset for it ANYWHERE!! Hurry up GPLEA!!!
Old 5 Oct 2002, 17:35 (Ref:396429)   #88
Number Juan
Veteran

Tajikstan
Sussex, UK
GPLEA did release a v1.01 which i thought wasn't magnificent but pretty damn good...

Brabham is excellent for those who are just getting used to their aids off: it has nice power, and plenty of wheelspin in the 1st 2 gears, you don't have to shift up and down every other second, you can leave it in 3rd round a slow corner without losing any time and because the front weight is biased, your brakes lock easily - gets you used to the other cars. its got good grip and goes places - FAST!

that is my best car because i've got the setups for it. plus, has anyone got the sound update (available through Alison Hine's site) for the coventry?! its MAZIN'

Old 6 Oct 2002, 00:25 (Ref:396612)   #89
Tristan
Veteran

Yeah, I have the GPLEA Brabham. Not a patch on their others.

Re: sounds, you can't beat the straight Ferrari. Orgasm in a computer game. One of those moments in my short gaming history that will remain etched on my brain will always be when I realised that I was only in the TRAINER and clicking "GP car". I just didn't expect THAT!!
Old 6 Oct 2002, 01:46 (Ref:396649)   #90
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Brabham is a nice car to drive, but there is only one car for me to drive - the mighty 49. You just can't go past the Lotus 49!
Old 6 Oct 2002, 06:39 (Ref:396715)   #91
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by DNQ
The Brabham is a nice car to drive, but there is only one car for me to drive - the mighty 49. You just can't go past the Lotus 49!
I agree, simply because I'm faster in the Lotus everywhere. But the car to drive for me is the Honda (GPLEA of course). Gorgeous. And the sound I'm currently using is awesome.
Old 6 Oct 2002, 16:21 (Ref:396967)   #92
Tristan
Veteran

Don't get me started on the Honda. What a dream chassis. Only the Ferrari is more alive in ones hands.
Old 7 Oct 2002, 09:24 (Ref:397350)   #93
Number Juan
Veteran

Tajikstan
Sussex, UK
yeah cos the Honda revvs to 11,500rpm!!! it's magical at monza, a real blast - worrying if you'll ever do Ascari flat...EVERY LAP!!!

i got the GPLEA ferrari and the interior looks like a cheap 80's lamborghini but the mirrors give better views to other cars behind.

Old 7 Oct 2002, 11:25 (Ref:397438)   #94
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I love the driving position in the Honda, just class, nice view of everything going on. It's not my favourite vehicle, but I can see why you like it Tristan, NJ, Aysedasi.
Old 7 Oct 2002, 17:56 (Ref:397710)   #95
Number Juan
Veteran

Tajikstan
Sussex, UK
its great! it feels like you are in something that will kill you but give you orgasmic pleasures before you top it.

the chassis is responsive, the revving is high, it feels (bear in mind this is a computer generated car) like a bath tub with a turbo engine and 4 wheels strapped to it, you can have some great slides and recover and it's always surprising how quick you are bearing in mind its one of the heaviest cars in the game.

Old 15 Oct 2002, 12:24 (Ref:404814)   #96
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
For anyone who hasn't cottoned on yet, the brand new BRM P83 is now available for download on the GPLEA site. (It doesn't make it go any quicker, but it sure looks the business!).