Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 11 Jan 2009, 16:38 (Ref:2369440)   #76
runshaw
Veteran

England
Lancashire UK
runshaw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No he has 1 win at the Nurburgring in F3. The title he has won is the 2003 UK Formula Ford scholarship championship, beating Stephen Jelley and Jay Howard.
Old 11 Jan 2009, 20:17 (Ref:2369569)   #77
WSR Fan
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
WSR Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's nice to see that James has landed himself a top seat for 2009, and with Roly Vincini by his side I'm confident that he can regularly challenge for race wins and have a decent shot at the title too. As Alex K mentioned, consistency will be the key though as the series is so competitive and there is no one dominant team on the grid.

I'm just hoping now that Oliver Turvey can take one of the Carlin seats so they'll be two Brits to cheer on throughout the season.
Old 11 Jan 2009, 20:37 (Ref:2369579)   #78
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex K
I still think, even though vd Garde won the Championship last year that P1 does not belong to the top teams of FR3.5, vd Garde's gr8ness made them winners.
Sorry, but I'd have to disagree with you there. Roly Vincini is one of the best engineers out there. As long as he's around James will do very well - as long as he doesn't mind being shouted at a few times!
Old 13 Jan 2009, 14:43 (Ref:2370638)   #79
Go_For_Pole
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Go_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGo_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Entry list 2009, Interwetten.com Racing is missing

01/02 - Tech 1 Racing
03/04 - Ultimate Sonangol Racing
05/06 - P1 Motorsport
07/08 - Prema Powerteam
09/10 - Carlin Motorsport
11/12 - International Draco Racing
14/15 - Comtec Racing
16/17 - Mofaz Fortec Motorsport
18/19 - Epsilon Euskadi
20/21 - Pons Racing
22/23 - KTR
24/25 - RC Motorsport

Also judging by Fortec's entry, Fauzy will race with them.
Old 13 Jan 2009, 17:30 (Ref:2370752)   #80
WSR Fan
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
Something funny is going on with Interwetten - they didn't run at all at the Paul Ricard test and at Valencia they only entered one car, shared between new Formula 2 recruits Tobias Hegewald and Mihai Marinescu. Perhaps the credit crisis is hitting the bookmaker and their ability to fund the race team, (or maybe they have lost their Telmex backing?).

I think Go_For_Pole could well be right about Fauzy being at Fortec, what with Mofaz becoming a title sponsor. And I think it's becoming increasingly likely that we will see Ricardo Texeira at Ultimate due to the increased Sonangol presence.
Old 13 Jan 2009, 19:46 (Ref:2370840)   #81
ivanalesi
Veteran

Bulgaria
ivanalesi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So Pippa Mann will be renamed to Ricardo Texeira for this season? If Guerrieri is next season with them or Carbone, they've got quite a chance to repeat P1's fortunes from last season - one driver champion, the other last Priceless!
Old 14 Jan 2009, 14:59 (Ref:2371363)   #82
runshaw
Veteran

England
Lancashire UK
Ricardo Texeira would really not be a worthy contribution to the grid. Four years in BF3 with not even 1 top 10 finish to his name! Mind you he could surprise everyone and do what Alejandro Nunez did at Comtec and win a race!
Old 14 Jan 2009, 23:47 (Ref:2371696)   #83
J.R
Rookie

J.R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by runshaw
Ricardo Texeira would really not be a worthy contribution to the grid. Four years in BF3 with not even 1 top 10 finish to his name! Mind you he could surprise everyone and do what Alejandro Nunez did at Comtec and win a race!
Well, Alejandro Nunez isn´t exactly the same type of material. I´ve always followed his career as well as the rest of spanish drivers... He not only won a race with Comtec but also scored 2 podiums and always outpaced his team-mate (Jaap Van Lagen). Also he was the driver with most 9th place finishes during his year in F3 Euroseries. He had plenty of top 10 finishes with HBR missing the 8th place spot for reverse grid pole (read this somewhere...) too many times!
Old 20 Jan 2009, 18:00 (Ref:2375470)   #84
WSR Fan
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
Not really a great surprise, but Charles Pic has been confirmed at Tech 1 Racing for a second season in 2009.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/72906

And with Renault Driver Development backing now behind him, he would have to be considered as a hot favourite (if not outright favourite) to take the title.

Tech 1 Racing - Pic, Marsoin, Panciatici
Ultimate Signature - Texeira, Mansell, Guerrieri,
P1 Motorsport - Walker, Move
Prema Powerteam - Leal, Van der Zande, Cantelli, Gonzalez
Carlin Motorsport - Alguersuari, Turvey
Draco Racing - Baguette, M Barba
Interwetten.com -
Comtec Racing -
Nebilitskiy, Schlegelmilch, Ebbesvik, R Christodoulou
Fortec Motorsport - Fauzy, R Christodoulou, A Christodoulou, Ebbesvik, Pentus
Epsilon Euskadi - Molina, di Sabatino, Rosenzweig
Pons Racing - Martinez, Leo, Cantelli
KTR - Cunill, Molina, Pentus
RC Motorsport - di Sabatino, Leo, Rossi

Confirmed
Likely
Possible
Outside Chance
Old 21 Jan 2009, 10:55 (Ref:2375997)   #85
OJB
Veteran

United Kingdom
OJB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd expect the title win to come from Pic, Baguette or Walker from who has been confirmed so far. Pic seems to have a lot of raw talent and Tech 1 know how to produce a good car.
Old 22 Jan 2009, 13:17 (Ref:2376790)   #86
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Jaime Alguersuari has been confirmed at Carlin as expected. Link. I expect him to go very well.
Old 22 Jan 2009, 13:20 (Ref:2376792)   #87
sauber11
Racer

Russian Federation
sauber11 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Alguersuari stays with Carlin for World Series
http://italiaracing.net/notizia.asp?id=21923&cat=5

My favourite is Pic (same as Grosjean in GP2) - i fully believe in them.
As for second place i rate Alquersuari higher than anyone else.
Old 22 Jan 2009, 14:48 (Ref:2376859)   #88
OJB
Veteran

United Kingdom
OJB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Alexandre Marsoin will complete the Comtec line-up too
http://www.crash.net/motorsport/rena...th_comtec.html

I'm quite impressed with the line-up so far - all of the returning drivers are capable of race wins in my opinon, while Alguersuari will be the rookie to watch I think. Bring on the first round....
Old 22 Jan 2009, 19:58 (Ref:2377048)   #89
WSR Fan
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
Typical isn't it - no driver announcements for ages and then three in three days

I tend to agree with sauber11 - at the moment I would put Pic as title favourite with Baguette and Alguersuari likely to run him close IMO. Whatever happens, I just hope no one runs away with the title like van der Garde did last year.

Marsoin is a good signing for Comtec too - perhaps not a race winner but should be a regular Top 10 finisher.
Old 23 Jan 2009, 12:20 (Ref:2377506)   #90
JOWT Blog
Racer

United States
JOWT Blog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not a huge surprise, Oliver Turvey has committed to Carlin for 2009.
Old 26 Jan 2009, 13:56 (Ref:2379619)   #91
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOWT Blog
Not a huge surprise, Oliver Turvey has committed to Carlin for 2009.
This is the link to that story. It's good news to see another British driver in there, but what makes it especially good is that Oliver is backed by the Racing Steps Foundation. I think it's fantastic that the Foundation, which is really just one man I believe, is prepared to get behind a young British driver and fund his racing. I know Dads are doing that all the time, but this is different, because it's based purely on talent.
Old 26 Jan 2009, 15:11 (Ref:2379653)   #92
runshaw
Veteran

England
Lancashire UK
I agree entirely strider, the RSF is brilliant from what I can see. They picked up Turvey and James Calado last season and both were multiple winners in their respective categories, so it is certainly funding the right drivers and propelling them to the front of the grid.

So Carlin now have Turvey and Algeursuari. Will they allow the cars to have different racing liveries? Because obviously Jaime's car will be Red Bull, so are they allowed to have Turvey's car in the white, blue and red that RSF drivers have?
Old 27 Jan 2009, 00:44 (Ref:2380088)   #93
WSR Fan
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
Quote:
So Carlin now have Turvey and Algeursuari. Will they allow the cars to have different racing liveries? Because obviously Jaime's car will be Red Bull, so are they allowed to have Turvey's car in the white, blue and red that RSF drivers have?
I don't see why not. Last year, KTR ran slightly different liveries for Siso Cunill and Sergey Afanasiev in the latter part of the season, and in 2007 RC Motorsport had completely different colours for Clivio Piccione and Marco Bonanomi, so it's a definite possibility.

It's great news that Turvey has signed for Carlin. After there British F3 campaign last year, it'll be fascinating to see how the battle develops between the two of them.

2009 looks like being a good year for the World Series. The driver lineup is coming together nicely, the series is back on TV with Eurosport and with the car receiving some aero tweaks, we will hopefully see some closer racing.
Old 27 Jan 2009, 20:39 (Ref:2380950)   #94
runshaw
Veteran

England
Lancashire UK
Renault have signed Adam Khan to do the R28 demo runs at World Series by Renault events this year. Great to see an opportunity like that go to a talented chap like him.
Old 28 Jan 2009, 10:48 (Ref:2381325)   #95
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Jimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Renault have signed Adam Khan to do the R28 demo runs at World Series by Renault events this year. Great to see an opportunity like that go to a talented chap like him.
I can't tell if you're serious, but I suspect not. Surely Adam is paying for the privilege (as Sakon did in 2008), and there is a lot more talented people out there isn't there.
Old 28 Jan 2009, 12:36 (Ref:2381375)   #96
runshaw
Veteran

England
Lancashire UK
No I wasn't serious And yes, there are hundreds more talented people out there. It's ashame to be honest. I think they should have someone like Alx Danielsson to show off the car. Yeah, I assume Zsolt Baumgartner paid for his demo run in 2007 too.
Old 28 Jan 2009, 13:28 (Ref:2381405)   #97
ivanalesi
Veteran

Bulgaria
Is there actually a point in paying for this!?
Old 28 Jan 2009, 17:59 (Ref:2381571)   #98
danberry
Rookie

danberry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You get to smash around in an R28, seems good to me!
Old 28 Jan 2009, 19:06 (Ref:2381617)   #99
ivanalesi
Veteran

Bulgaria
Yeah, sure it's fun, but career wise?! I thought they were all running on some kind of demo tyres...
Old 28 Jan 2009, 22:30 (Ref:2381713)   #100
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
it's more a sponsor perk, isn't it? you might not get any space on the car but your name is associated with f1...

Tags
dallara, formula renault 3.5, world series by renault