Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 7 May 2009, 09:40 (Ref:2457075)   #76
p261brm
Veteran

England
Shropshire & Oura
p261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridp261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Judging by the attendance at Silverstone yesterday the Classic should be AOK. Reasonable day for Mr Ashley and car too for once [fingers crossed]. Pity about the 49 but from my veiw point a big bag full of right boot on cold/old? tyres seemed to be the overiding factor, rather similar to 'Big Johns' demise in the Honda at Goodywood a couple of years ago.
Old 7 May 2009, 10:59 (Ref:2457133)   #77
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Dear oh dear looks like very few drinkers at BBQ. I'm very fond of a beer don't like that fizzy stuff Simon's talking about but we are on track first thing Saturday so i wont be drinking either.
Old 7 May 2009, 11:04 (Ref:2457140)   #78
Steven Humphrey
Veteran

England
cambridgeshire
Steven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSteven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sure there will be a marshal or two indulging in the ale
Old 7 May 2009, 11:07 (Ref:2457148)   #79
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon drabble View Post
John I took it as that as well - Delta you will have to give JT a bottle now otherwise every spin you and le comte do wil be given star billing on here!!!

John wouldn't do that to his favorite ASBO Boy.
Old 7 May 2009, 11:49 (Ref:2457185)   #80
Fay
Veteran

England
Silverstone
Fay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Just looked at provisional time table and Friday evening is good for me.As i said earlier i want to invite 10/10 Marshall's as well so i guess Friday would be good for them as well.Not to fussed about the pussy cat dolls but definitely want to see Santana.

Count Alan and me in, although we may be a bit late arriving as it takes Alan a while to go round and collect all the flags from the marshals posts.

Make sure you save us some food!!
Old 7 May 2009, 12:34 (Ref:2457223)   #81
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd make them all run in file back to the start line to hand them in Fay,give them something to look forward to.
Old 12 May 2009, 11:48 (Ref:2460831)   #82
LYNX
Veteran

England
Hampshire
LYNX should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Better than leaving them lying on the track as happened when the Lotus cars went out at the end of Sunday's events last year. I spent all my time trying to spot the foreign objects on the racing line , plus service vehicles, as we followed an Exige at a pretty fast clip (yes he did have a course official on board). Quite exciting for our Elite Super 95, remind me to change to brown upholstery at the rebuild.
Old 12 May 2009, 12:25 (Ref:2460866)   #83
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Hi Jill great to have you back posting. When do we see you at the tracks?
Old 12 May 2009, 12:32 (Ref:2460873)   #84
LYNX
Veteran

England
Hampshire
Hi Iain! We are off to Spain but back for the Silverstone Classic, was at Media Day last week - at least it stayed dry this year. Went around with Simon Hadfield in Irvine Laidlaw's Maserati 250s - top of my wish list, sadly far out of my price bracket, also seemed faster than me in the Ausper! Thanks to all the entrants/drivers who gave the passenger rides - much appreciated.
Old 12 May 2009, 12:33 (Ref:2460874)   #85
Fay
Veteran

England
Silverstone
Fay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by LYNX View Post
Better than leaving them lying on the track as happened when the Lotus cars went out at the end of Sunday's events last year. I spent all my time trying to spot the foreign objects on the racing line , plus service vehicles, as we followed an Exige at a pretty fast clip (yes he did have a course official on board). Quite exciting for our Elite Super 95, remind me to change to brown upholstery at the rebuild.
It was decided that the marshals did not have to stay on post and Alan was sent to despatch the flags at the side of the circuit. Did you not notice the Octavia stopping at every post?
Old 12 May 2009, 12:37 (Ref:2460877)   #86
LYNX
Veteran

England
Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fay View Post
It was decided that the marshals did not have to stay on post and Alan was sent to despatch the flags at the side of the circuit. Did you not notice the Octavia stopping at every post?
YES but after we had passed!
Old 20 May 2009, 20:40 (Ref:2465958)   #87
Wriggley Monkey
Rookie

Wriggley Monkey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quick Question. Does anyone know what configuration/layout of the track is being used for the classic ?
Old 20 May 2009, 21:06 (Ref:2465981)   #88
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
West Hampstead, North London
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wriggley Monkey View Post
Quick Question. Does anyone know what configuration/layout of the track is being used for the classic ?
Welcome,
The full G.P circuit is used for the Classic.
Old 21 May 2009, 06:57 (Ref:2466172)   #89
Peter Horsman
Racer

Peter Horsman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wonder if we'll have the much-loved historic Abbey returned to us?
Old 21 May 2009, 07:05 (Ref:2466176)   #90
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Dont start Peter,I think you know the answer to that one! Seem's that John Symes was right in his prediction,"its the same as Knickerbrook when that was changed,everone jumping up and down for a few week's but it was soon forgotten". But NOT by some of us!!
Old 21 May 2009, 07:06 (Ref:2466177)   #91
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wriggley Monkey View Post
That's a good question.Are we on Historic GP or the Modern ?
Old 21 May 2009, 13:45 (Ref:2466451)   #92
Philip Venables
Rookie

Australia
Philip Venables should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ian, Historic Grand Prix, but with the modern Abbey (ie. GP) corner, as per last year
Old 21 May 2009, 17:28 (Ref:2466572)   #93
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Thanks Phillip do we have your presence this weekend.
Old 21 May 2009, 19:05 (Ref:2466641)   #94
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
rogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip Venables View Post
Ian, Historic Grand Prix, but with the modern Abbey (ie. GP) corner, as per last year
What a shame. It is truly awful.

The real Abbey was such a great corner!
Old 21 May 2009, 19:19 (Ref:2466655)   #95
Philip Venables
Rookie

Australia
Philip Venables should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sadly not Ian
Old 21 May 2009, 19:28 (Ref:2466661)   #96
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
It was one of the highlights of the lap,the reason why some tried to get it re-licensed,and some were complaining it was too dangerous! Whimp Drivers Rule OK.
Old 21 May 2009, 19:54 (Ref:2466682)   #97
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Never mind we have Brands GP to look foward too.Lets hope that layout stays for many years.
Old 22 May 2009, 06:50 (Ref:2466875)   #98
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Another prime example in Dingle Dell!! Its part of the conspiracy of over sanitation of decent circuits
Old 22 May 2009, 09:33 (Ref:2466956)   #99
LYNX
Veteran

England
Hampshire
I discussed this question with Silverstone officials at Media Day - apparently after all the hulabalu of last years complaints, the dissenters faded away.......? So to make a return to the original set up pressure has to be applied continuously, pedal to the floor.
Old 22 May 2009, 11:57 (Ref:2467010)   #100
Peter Horsman
Racer

Peter Horsman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Apparently Silverstone have sent in computer drawings of the track/measurements of Abbey and are now awaiting a decision from the FIA as to whether they will allow its use for some types of cars,IE,historics.See-ing as the drawings were sent a couple of weeks ago[and Silverstone are chasing an answer]perhaps we could have this feature back for next season.
So said on 1 October last year. Anyone know what happenned?