Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 19 Oct 2009, 11:25 (Ref:2564468)   #76
6.213km
Veteran

6.213km should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid6.213km should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Tasman can go to PCR...

Murf to run in a Kelly Holden ... and why not take MS with him....
Red Rooster / Sprintgas Holdens ... I'd support em... sure beats Perkins and that other bloke...
Old 19 Oct 2009, 22:18 (Ref:2565056)   #77
F J Nedos
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
F J Nedos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.213km View Post
Tasman can go to PCR...

Murf to run in a Kelly Holden ... and why not take MS with him....
Red Rooster / Sprintgas Holdens ... I'd support em... sure beats Perkins and that other bloke...
If anything is going to happen, then this makes a bit of sense. Though you'd probably still see Perkins there, and MS will be once again an enduro driver and perhaps ride day driver / tester.
Old 19 Oct 2009, 22:59 (Ref:2565086)   #78
TOOTHFAIRY
Rookie

TOOTHFAIRY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
TASMAN?

With Team Supremo Gretch, gone, to pursue greener pastures, after improving the team performance two fold, and S/GAS wanting out big time READ MY LIPS, GONE!!!!. Dont have to be a brain surgeon to work it out.
Old 20 Oct 2009, 02:42 (Ref:2565145)   #79
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Jeff Grech left because SGR & PCR will merge to run Fords in a 4 car team IMO.
Old 20 Oct 2009, 06:25 (Ref:2565172)   #80
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.murph.co.nz/
Quote:

On behalf of Sprint Gas Racing - Greg and I we would like to thank you all for your emails.

We have been overwhelmed by your support. We are trying to answer all of your emails ASAP and we apologise if you haven't received an email as yet but we are doing our best, so please be patient.

Regarding all your questions about what Sprint Gas Racing and what Greg will be doing in 2010 I would love to give you an answer but, at this stage we don't know. Times are tough in V8 Land and we are definitely not immune to it and therefore we need to make change to get through it.

There is a lot of things going on behind the scenes to get things sorted out for next year and I know there has been suggestions of a change of manufacturer in the press and a lot of you have given your opinions on that which we appreciate. Our priority is to make Tasman work which has been tougher than expected and at some stage in the near future we will have to make some decisions about 2010 and look at the options available, but nothing is anywhere near being confirmed yet.

On behalf of Sprint Gas Racing, a big thank you for your continued support of Greg and hopefully this will continue into 2010.
hmmmmm.
Old 20 Oct 2009, 08:41 (Ref:2565224)   #81
rdmdog
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, NSW, or a track near you
rdmdog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOOTHFAIRY View Post
With Team Supremo Gretch, gone, to pursue greener pastures, after improving the team performance two fold,
HA HA HA

Still laughing

Old 20 Oct 2009, 21:51 (Ref:2565779)   #82
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
promax has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Murph is in the new Big Ben's Pies ad racing a couple of VE's with Andy Booth. using ten-tenths logic.. that must mean either

1. a move to NZV8's for Murph

2. Holden is planning on competing in D1GP with Murph and Mr Booth as their drivers

3. they really like Big Ben's Pies
Old 20 Oct 2009, 22:32 (Ref:2565806)   #83
mildura1963
Racer

Australia
Ex Mildura now in Hamilton NZ
mildura1963 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Murph doesn't look like to eats too many Big Ben's...dunno about Andy Booth though..
Old 25 Oct 2009, 06:18 (Ref:2569112)   #84
thunderbolt
Veteran

thunderbolt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
did anybody catch the Mark Larkham (your sprintgas team) has murph taken over the team ?
Old 25 Oct 2009, 07:22 (Ref:2569145)   #85
SJA
Racer

Australia
SJA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbolt View Post
did anybody catch the Mark Larkham (your sprintgas team) has murph taken over the team ?
No, 'your' used in the context, 'the team you drive for'
Old 25 Oct 2009, 09:38 (Ref:2569209)   #86
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesport View Post
Jeff Grech left because SGR & PCR will merge to run Fords in a 4 car team IMO.
I thought it was a budgetary decision primarily.
Old 25 Oct 2009, 10:23 (Ref:2569236)   #87
V8Bobby
Rookie

Australia
V8Bobby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Problem with this - and other - teams is it has too many chiefs. Any successfull organisation has one man at the top making the decisions. Rule by comittee rarely works, especially in motorsport.
I'm not a fan of Mr. Dane, but have to give him credit with what he has done with his team and is a good example of what I'm talking about.
Old 25 Oct 2009, 10:26 (Ref:2569237)   #88
1200Datto27
Veteran

Australia
Croydon
1200Datto27 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdmdog View Post
HA HA HA

Still laughing

2% is technically two fold, if you start at zero...
Old 26 Oct 2009, 10:43 (Ref:2569951)   #89
mite5255
Racer

Australia
Caboolture Queensland
mite5255 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
in tonights motorsport news it says murf to supercheap
Old 26 Oct 2009, 11:11 (Ref:2569976)   #90
V8Bobby
Rookie

Australia
V8Bobby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How motivated will the SGR crew be for the remainder of the season knowing they are all about to become reduntant?

Where to for Barg's?
Old 26 Oct 2009, 12:04 (Ref:2570018)   #91
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
And what was the point of the Skaife comeback, or the development of the current Tasman cars to make them quicker/more predictable etc etc

The 4 amigos would be quite out of the money just about now...
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 26 Oct 2009, 12:07 (Ref:2570021)   #92
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
And what was the point of the Skaife comeback, or the development of the current Tasman cars to make them quicker/more predictable etc etc The 4 amigos would be quite out of the money just about now...
Well they got LOTS of TV time which is worth money to the sponsors, and they were already committed to the race... And with the demand on licences they will make a nice return on that, the cars can probably go to DVS...
Old 26 Oct 2009, 12:12 (Ref:2570025)   #93
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Well they got LOTS of TV time which is worth money to the sponsors, and they were already committed to the race... And with the demand on licences they will make a nice return on that, the cars can probably go to DVS...
RECs @ allegedly $2m a pop are more than the TLA's @ allegedly $1.5m a pop from the LRT duo... but the 4 amigos have blown more than a million bucks keeping the doors open @ Tasman!
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 26 Oct 2009, 12:15 (Ref:2570030)   #94
motofan
Racer

motofan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
mm i heard similar numbers to the alleged dumbrell and dalberto franchise roughl around 1.8-2 mil
Old 28 Oct 2009, 21:22 (Ref:2571683)   #95
nomad_n
Racer

New Zealand
gold coast
nomad_n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here is the latest in the Murphy saga, this report was in ths "Stuff" website:

Greg Murphy's career is at a crossroads, as his V8 Supercar team seems to be collapsing around him.
"It's looking very unlikely that the Tasman team will be operating in its current guise next year," the Kiwi racer, 37, said yesterday.
The team had run into financial problems because sponsor Sprint Gas had not fulfilled its funding commitments, Murphy said.
Respected engineer Jeff Grech had left the team.
That all places Murphy in an embarrassing situation, as both he and his father Kevin have a financial involvement in Tasman, which is largely owned by Kiwi shareholders.
"It's very, very difficult," he said. "I've been forced into a very awkward position."
Murphy has been talking with other teams about finding a seat for next year, while several other drives and teams were jockeying for position at the same time.
"It's very difficult to keep a finger on what's happening. The deadline is creeping up. I would have liked to have it settled by yesterday, but that has not happened. Nothing is easy."
Murphy has been linked with Paul Morris' Holden team, and was earlier involved in discussions with another Kiwi-owned team, Paul Cruickshank Racing.
Cruickshank runs Ford and it would have created a sensation if Murphy had moved there, as he has been a Holden man throughout his V8 career.
Murphy has found the Tasman Commodores inconsistent, another frustration. He came close to winning Bathurst for the fifth time earlier this month and did well at Surfers Paradise, but is not sure whether the new pace will continue at the remaining three rounds this year.
In spite of his troubles, he is optimistic about his future.
"I'll be confident I'll be in a good operation and a very competitive car next year," he said.
Meanwhile, Paul Cruickshank, who runs Kiwi driver Fabian Coulthard, said he was now looking to link his two-car outfit up with one of the big teams.
"It's the way to go in the current economic climate," he said.
Coulthard was contracted to stay with the team next year, but Cruickshank had not decided who his second driver would be. Michael Patrizi is in the second car this year.
Old 28 Oct 2009, 22:40 (Ref:2571721)   #96
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad_n View Post
Here is the latest in the Murphy saga, this report was in ths "Stuff" website:

Greg Murphy's career is at a crossroads, as his V8 Supercar team seems to be collapsing around him.
"It's looking very unlikely that the Tasman team will be operating in its current guise next year," the Kiwi racer, 37, said yesterday.
The team had run into financial problems because sponsor Sprint Gas had not fulfilled its funding commitments, Murphy said.
Respected engineer Jeff Grech had left the team.
That all places Murphy in an embarrassing situation, as both he and his father Kevin have a financial involvement in Tasman, which is largely owned by Kiwi shareholders.
"It's very, very difficult," he said. "I've been forced into a very awkward position."
Murphy has been talking with other teams about finding a seat for next year, while several other drives and teams were jockeying for position at the same time.
"It's very difficult to keep a finger on what's happening. The deadline is creeping up. I would have liked to have it settled by yesterday, but that has not happened. Nothing is easy."
Murphy has been linked with Paul Morris' Holden team, and was earlier involved in discussions with another Kiwi-owned team, Paul Cruickshank Racing.
Cruickshank runs Ford and it would have created a sensation if Murphy had moved there, as he has been a Holden man throughout his V8 career.
Murphy has found the Tasman Commodores inconsistent, another frustration. He came close to winning Bathurst for the fifth time earlier this month and did well at Surfers Paradise, but is not sure whether the new pace will continue at the remaining three rounds this year.
In spite of his troubles, he is optimistic about his future.
"I'll be confident I'll be in a good operation and a very competitive car next year," he said.
Meanwhile, Paul Cruickshank, who runs Kiwi driver Fabian Coulthard, said he was now looking to link his two-car outfit up with one of the big teams.
"It's the way to go in the current economic climate," he said.
Coulthard was contracted to stay with the team next year, but Cruickshank had not decided who his second driver would be. Michael Patrizi is in the second car this year.
Kind of explains why Sprint Gas didnt get much airplay as a brand on the Bathurst coverage.... and that the second car is now in a different livery (as EzyGas)
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 28 Oct 2009, 23:55 (Ref:2571753)   #97
ford71
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
ford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I saw more Sprint Gas signage on the Bathurst telecast than I did HRT, and they won it.
Old 29 Oct 2009, 02:29 (Ref:2571789)   #98
anthony81901
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
anthony81901 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ford71 View Post
I saw more Sprint Gas signage on the Bathurst telecast than I did HRT, and they won it.
Amazing what having a Channel 7 employee on board will do.

I presume Ezy Gas is an associated company of Sprint Gas.
Old 29 Oct 2009, 02:47 (Ref:2571794)   #99
smokinJ
Racer

smokinJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
sprint gas owns part of ezy gas
Old 29 Oct 2009, 12:39 (Ref:2571958)   #100
rdmdog
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, NSW, or a track near you
rdmdog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Red Rooster, that computer game and BJTM were getting the main coverage from the team and I guess there is how they justify it.

Makes me wonder what Tasman decided was a suitable carrot for Ezy/Sprint Gas to get them on board initially. Maybe there was a get out clause if performance was un becoming?