Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 15 Dec 2009, 11:27 (Ref:2600069)   #76
stedevil
Veteran

Sweden
stedevil has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pettersson View Post
Of course it's "do-able", but for what costs?
Well, I'm assuming it would be less costly to have reusable movable grandstands than the alternative, put down asphalt and tear it all up. It could of course be problemantic if airport/airplane companies want compensation to a much higher degree than the trottling track and that I have no clue about.

Quote:
And would the city of Stockholm really allow that, since I have never heard any positive words on motorsport from them.
Since we are talking about the an airport literally within walking distance less than 1km away from a trottling track that supposedly do have the city permission, I never even contemplated on a no from the city. Eg the noise levels in the nearby areas should be pretty much identical.
Old 7 Jan 2010, 14:12 (Ref:2609494)   #77
Atle Gulbrandsen
Rookie

Norway
Oslo, Norway
Atle Gulbrandsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hope Norway and Vålerbanen will be part of the new championship in 2011. With Tommy Rustad and hopefully some more Norwegian drivers.
Old 13 Jan 2010, 02:04 (Ref:2612531)   #78
juicy sushi
Racer

juicy sushi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is there not concrete underneath the dirt on the horse-racing track? I seem to recall that was the case in North America when dirt tracks were converted to run non-dirt races. Also, they should just run the oval, in North America, on a track that small, you could have a 25-30 car grid (that has been done quite frequently with stock cars and the like), so I think it could work well, as a one-off oval race for the STCC.
Old 18 Jan 2010, 09:19 (Ref:2614990)   #79
stedevil
Veteran

Sweden
ScTCC seems to get a new name(?). At least STCC.se talk about something called the NEZ-Cup (North European Zone) in the rule changes for 2010.
Old 18 Jan 2010, 11:04 (Ref:2615043)   #80
Pettersson
Racer

Sweden
Pettersson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rikard Rydell made a visit to Flash Engineering recently (only to watch a hockey game with Flash himself, they say...). I just wish they did a little "2010 talk".

Rydell in a BMW would be the perfect combo for me (as both BMW and Rydell fan!). Maybe for 2011?
Old 18 Jan 2010, 11:08 (Ref:2615044)   #81
stedevil
Veteran

Sweden
Well, Flash has been talking about 3 cars... and Rydell is sort of out of a job... watching hockey could be a good start, especially if Flash is looking for expanding to the ETCC scene as well.
Old 18 Jan 2010, 14:08 (Ref:2615127)   #82
PorscheFanNo1
Veteran

Sweden
Winner's Circle
PorscheFanNo1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPorscheFanNo1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sounds good to me!
Old 25 Jan 2010, 08:27 (Ref:2618956)   #83
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by stedevil View Post
ScTCC seems to get a new name(?). At least STCC.se talk about something called the NEZ-Cup (North European Zone) in the rule changes for 2010.
The NEBNQITUOROALTJMNASTCC: The Northern-European-But-not-quite-in-the-UK-or-Russia-or-anywhere-like-that-just-mainly-Norway-and-Sweden-Touring Car Championship?
Old 25 Jan 2010, 09:54 (Ref:2618986)   #84
stedevil
Veteran

Sweden
Yeah, its a bit of a funky name, but OTOH having 2 things at the same time with the name STCC would create huge confusion.

Imagine yourself if BTCC on 4 weekends had eg both Brittish TCC and Bristol TCC on the same track, with the same cars & drivers. Hardly optimal, is it, trying to write clear rules etc.

Once DTC and STCC fully merge, and we dont have this inbetween concurrent event, I presume they will not have this problem.

Last edited by stedevil; 25 Jan 2010 at 10:21.
Old 25 Jan 2010, 11:05 (Ref:2619022)   #85
Valker
Veteran

Finland
Tampere, Finland
Valker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickyf1 View Post
The NEBNQITUOROALTJMNASTCC: The Northern-European-But-not-quite-in-the-UK-or-Russia-or-anywhere-like-that-just-mainly-Norway-and-Sweden-Touring Car Championship?
NEZ means FIA North European Zone = Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Iceland, Finland (=Nordic countries), Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania (=Baltic countries) and Russia.

The reason why they may want to run ScTCC as NEZ cup is that they get rid of FIA max-one-foreign-race-in-national-series rule. So they don't have to register it as an International series, which on other hand means that there's no need for international circuits for example...

All (or at least most) Nordic/Scandinavian/Baltic racing/rally/rallycross series are NEZ cups or NEZ championships nowadays.
Old 25 Jan 2010, 13:46 (Ref:2619123)   #86
stedevil
Veteran

Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valker View Post
NEZ means FIA North European Zone = Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Iceland, Finland (=Nordic countries), Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania (=Baltic countries) and Russia.

The reason why they may want to run ScTCC as NEZ cup is that they get rid of FIA max-one-foreign-race-in-national-series rule. So they don't have to register it as an International series, which on other hand means that there's no need for international circuits for example...

All (or at least most) Nordic/Scandinavian/Baltic racing/rally/rallycross series are NEZ cups or NEZ championships nowadays.
Hmm, that logically means they might keep the NEZ-cup name in the future, since as I read, at least Finland is on the near future horisont to be included (2012?).
Old 31 Jan 2010, 21:35 (Ref:2623231)   #87
juicy sushi
Racer

juicy sushi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
At the risk of getting lynched, could a tongue-in-cheek name for 2011 onwards be NEZCAR?

Also, I've been ill with a nasty flu this weekend, and spent most of it watching in-car highlight videos of Flash Engineering's season (it's a hell of a lot more entertaining than the 24 Hours of Daytona). From what I could see, STCC seems to be some pretty wild, entertaining stuff; I wouldn't mind finding more online video coverage.
Old 1 Feb 2010, 02:13 (Ref:2623382)   #88
stedevil
Veteran

Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by juicy sushi View Post
At the risk of getting lynched, could a tongue-in-cheek name for 2011 onwards be NEZCAR?
Considering there might be large car regulation changes in 2012, NEZCAR might be a good name.

Quote:
From what I could see, STCC seems to be some pretty wild, entertaining stuff; I wouldn't mind finding more online video coverage.
Usually you would find them on SVTs website, but they seem to have made a new site lately and nuked all old content at the same time unfortunately. Some torrentsites eg probably could have them though.
Old 1 Feb 2010, 11:41 (Ref:2623595)   #89
Valker
Veteran

Finland
Tampere, Finland
Valker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by juicy sushi View Post
Off-topic, but NEZCAR was the name of a proposed Baltic endurance series some years ago.
Old 2 Feb 2010, 20:58 (Ref:2625252)   #90
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
How about NEZTOCK?