Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 21 Jan 2010, 11:35 (Ref:2616890)   #76
HairyDJ
Veteran

England
Milton Keynes
HairyDJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for the update Amy,

good 'ole Ade managed to get letters out first class yesterday to his marshalling mob advising of the cancellation - arrived this morning with the second class attendance letter!
Old 21 Jan 2010, 13:58 (Ref:2616953)   #77
brands hatch
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kent
brands hatch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just read in autosport that Steve hill was going to run his new Evo X this weekend
Old 21 Jan 2010, 20:31 (Ref:2617153)   #78
rich_cooper
Racer

United Kingdom
Nottinghamshire
rich_cooper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hope he runs it at mallory
Old 21 Jan 2010, 23:22 (Ref:2617228)   #79
Citroen Manic
Rookie

Citroen Manic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich_cooper View Post
Hope he runs it at mallory
I cant see anything happening before round 1 BRC now, im gutted!.or is this on the line now after last years meander to medeocrity with very poor entries for the BRC last year.
Old 21 Jan 2010, 23:35 (Ref:2617233)   #80
Stephen H
Veteran

England
East Sussex
Stephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Please Cheer up everybody - we`ve had the worst snow I can remember, and roads have broken up all over Kent. I`m sad an event has been cancelled, but its not the end of the world!

1/ We have a ERC round to look forward to.
2/ We have British drivers competing in the ERC.
3/ We have Mallory and now Tockwith, and the return of Knockhill.
Old 22 Jan 2010, 09:18 (Ref:2617353)   #81
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well there is still the third (now second on the assumption that Mallory is going ahead) round of the Winter rallycross back at Lydden in March, so hopefully the circuit surface will be repaired by then and we'll see some of the new supercars out for testing!
Old 22 Jan 2010, 10:09 (Ref:2617377)   #82
acer
Rookie

acer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=Citroen Manic;2617228 with very poor entries for the BRC last year.[/QUOTE]

Mediocre, very poor entries for last year? What planet are you on? The British championship is probably the 3rd best National championship in Europe after France and Sweden. Yes maybe one or two of the rounds had lower than average numbers but on the whole it was a very good year and the grids were all still quality competitors.
Old 22 Jan 2010, 10:56 (Ref:2617400)   #83
rich_cooper
Racer

United Kingdom
Nottinghamshire
rich_cooper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Plus the BRC should get better number this year now you can use any tyres!

Im really looking forward to 2010, went to mallory last year for my first rallycross event after watching on tv for years and now i love it!

Shame about Round 1 of the winter series but there is still a massive year ahead for rallycross in the uk!
Old 22 Jan 2010, 11:49 (Ref:2617422)   #84
Hickey
Veteran

United Kingdom
London
Hickey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's not this one stand alone event's cancellation that is going to set the tone for the year, it's the attitude of some of you so-called fans on here. Couldn't agree more with you Stephen H - for God's sake, cheer up. 2010 is very promising and this is a minor set-back. Baffles me why people who supposedly love the sport seem so intent on bashing it - guess it's the British way.

Looking forward to the March event, should be a good pre-cursor and who knows, get some Europeans over for some testing too.
Old 22 Jan 2010, 12:10 (Ref:2617434)   #85
sihorton
Racer

England
up north, aka lancashire
sihorton should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can see mallory having a good entry for a few reasons.

Firstly, people will want to get out at some point before the season starts to shake the cars down after the winter and indeed the drivers.

Also i know there are a lot of cars that are just about ready (mine inc), but this weekend has come just a bit too soon, so the extra few weeks should help let them finish off the builds properly and fill up the grids.

And finally, mallory is being used quite a lot this year in various championships, so people will want to get some running on the circuit before the season kicks off.
And for them that ran there last year, i'm sure some will want to re-run it if work has been done since then as i'm sure it will have changed slightly.

I personally can't wait to get back out and think 2010 is going to be a cracking year for the sport.

Si
Old 22 Jan 2010, 12:13 (Ref:2617438)   #86
Cryos
Veteran

MagnetON
Cryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by acer View Post
Mediocre, very poor entries for last year? What planet are you on? The British championship is probably the 3rd best National championship in Europe after France and Sweden. Yes maybe one or two of the rounds had lower than average numbers but on the whole it was a very good year and the grids were all still quality competitors.
Interested to see where you pulled the stats.

To keep the national IQ higher, we prevent links in the signatures. Its clearly in the notice, but that doesn't stop some people moaning about it..
Old 22 Jan 2010, 12:41 (Ref:2617453)   #87
WJM
Racer

Netherlands
WJM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by acer View Post
Now you are going over the top. The British Championship is not the third best in entries nor in quality.
Old 22 Jan 2010, 14:19 (Ref:2617524)   #88
Chessmsport
Racer

England
Eastbourne
Chessmsport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroen Manic View Post
on the line now after last years meander to medeocrity with very poor entries for the BRC
Low entries everywhere we are in the middle of a recession, I have invovements with several national championships and its all about the guality not the quantity and the British certainly have that.
Old 22 Jan 2010, 14:29 (Ref:2617532)   #89
Cryos
Veteran

MagnetON
Cryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chessmsport View Post
Low entries everywhere we are in the middle of a recession, I have invovements with several national championships and its all about the guality not the quantity and the British certainly have that.
Odd quote, but how does one define quality in rallycross ? I would like to see some stats to backup all these claims, its very easy for me to say the following:

The irish championship is the best in europe because it has quality, quantity and has some of the top drivers in the world.

See what i did, A claim with no stats or facts. So can we stop giving out our OWN facts and stop this Mines bigger than yours talk.

Im all on for hearing which championship is better based on cold hard stats, im not on for hearing fact hearsay.

Danke Schone,

As you were.

To keep the national IQ higher, we prevent links in the signatures. Its clearly in the notice, but that doesn't stop some people moaning about it..
Old 22 Jan 2010, 14:46 (Ref:2617541)   #90
Chessmsport
Racer

England
Eastbourne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryos View Post
Odd quote, but how does one define quality in rallycross ? I would like to see some stats to backup all these claims, its very easy for me to say the following:

The irish championship is the best in europe because it has quality, quantity and has some of the top drivers in the world.

See what i did, A claim with no stats or facts. So can we stop giving out our OWN facts and stop this Mines bigger than yours talk.

Im all on for hearing which championship is better based on cold hard stats, im not on for hearing fact hearsay.

Danke Schone,

As you were.
Seems to be some sort of baiting going on here, not going to get involved with stupid mine is bigger than yours sort of argument. All i was saying was dont think the BRC was a 'meander to mediocrcity'.
Old 22 Jan 2010, 14:54 (Ref:2617548)   #91
Cryos
Veteran

MagnetON
And elaborate exactly why you think it wasnt a Meandering.

Old 22 Jan 2010, 15:03 (Ref:2617555)   #92
Chessmsport
Racer

England
Eastbourne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryos View Post
And elaborate exactly why you think it wasnt a Meandering.
Why do I have to do that ? You want an argument just so you can take your ball away.
Old 22 Jan 2010, 15:13 (Ref:2617562)   #93
Cryos
Veteran

MagnetON
Acctually No, i am getting tired of the its better because i say so argument.

You cant just say it is and not give any proof. If you start claiming X Y and Z and not backing it up, some may take exception to it and an almighty flame war breaks out.

It is in the interest of good discussion and debate that you backup what you say. Thats the final word on it.

Old 22 Jan 2010, 15:22 (Ref:2617570)   #94
Chessmsport
Racer

England
Eastbourne
I never said anything was better, I just said, I didn't think it was a meander, not sure why you have picked on my post. I am a fan of Rallycross not really here to get involved in mine is bigger than yours, keyboard warrioring or whatever.
Old 22 Jan 2010, 16:10 (Ref:2617606)   #95
westfieldbend
Veteran

westfieldbend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by WJM View Post
Now you are going over the top. The British Championship is not the third best in entries nor in quality.
The British championships combined possibly would be though.

Back on topic I suppose we should/can look forward to the march 6th round at lydden, which is also BTRDA round 1.
Old 22 Jan 2010, 17:12 (Ref:2617646)   #96
atkrhome
Rookie

atkrhome should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Or.................Grab a time machine and go back to the mid 80s rallycross grand prix at brands hatch
Old 22 Jan 2010, 19:36 (Ref:2617710)   #97
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Blimey - all getting a bit heated isn't it?

Anyway, my take on it:

I'd rather see round 1 of the winter series canned than run it and risk damage to cars that can easily be avoided, there's no sense in running on a track that isn't ready. Missing this round will allow the Lydden team to get the track back into decent condition ready for round 3. The winter series is a bonus so anything we get is good - and I'd expect good entries at Mallory and the other Lydden round for the reasons others have mentioned.

This year as a whole looks like it should be a good one - there are new tracks coming into use and competitor interest seems high. Drivers being able to run whichever tyres they like may also help boost BRC entries at events local to drivers that usually do the ROC and vice versa.

The ERC round should see a decent number of British and Irish drivers taking part too: Pat, Liam, Proctor, Chris Evans, David Binks, Steve Hill, Julian Godfrey, Hal Ridge?, George Tracey?, GT Junior?

So for now - bring on Mallory
Old 27 Jan 2010, 18:39 (Ref:2620485)   #98
brands hatch
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kent
I hope there are fair entries for the 6th...Its been too long since I have seen rallycross, so can't wait
Old 27 Jan 2010, 19:52 (Ref:2620536)   #99
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
It should be well supported as it's not just the last round of the winter series but also the first round of the MDA and BTRDA championships.
Old 27 Jan 2010, 19:56 (Ref:2620540)   #100
brands hatch
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
It should be well supported as it's not just the last round of the winter series but also the first round of the MDA and BTRDA championships.
yep