Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 28 Feb 2010, 03:26 (Ref:2641794)   #76
pdxracefan
Racer

United States
Oregon
pdxracefan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dude, just go there and enjoy it. (Sorry the cigar ashes were falling on the floor.) Hah!
Old 1 Mar 2010, 00:02 (Ref:2642327)   #77
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowsley View Post
The first person to play along...

How about:
(C) condoms
Here she is buddy...

Old 1 Mar 2010, 01:16 (Ref:2642361)   #78
racerkeke
Veteran

Canada
The Great Green North
racerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
(D) Duct tape.

You never know when you might need some.
keke
Old 1 Mar 2010, 01:39 (Ref:2642377)   #79
Slowsley
Rookie

United States
Near Road Atlanta
Slowsley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
Here she is buddy...

Man, I turned that upside down already....and used duct tape....no condoms though.
Old 4 Mar 2010, 23:00 (Ref:2645166)   #80
Slowsley
Rookie

United States
Near Road Atlanta
I did it! Finally found a hotel! Super 8 in Lake Wales (35) miles away. I'm stoked because its the only thing I found under $200. Besides, I like driving.
Old 4 Mar 2010, 23:31 (Ref:2645187)   #81
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I did it! Finally found a hotel! Super 8 in Lake Wales (35) miles away. I'm stoked because its the only thing I found under $200. Besides, I like driving.
you could get a pretty decent tent for $200
glad it is going to work out for you. i know at least one other Georgia 10-tenthser is going; i hope to be able to work out things so i can go.....
time will tell.
Old 5 Mar 2010, 00:15 (Ref:2645207)   #82
Slowsley
Rookie

United States
Near Road Atlanta
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
you could get a pretty decent tent for $200
glad it is going to work out for you. i know at least one other Georgia 10-tenthser is going; i hope to be able to work out things so i can go.....
time will tell.

I found it a little funny that mentioning the dates automatically got me to instantly talking to the manager at every hotel I called. Holliday Inn Express actually tried to bargain with me; they came down from $399 to $299...a night! I guess I just didn't know what to expect. I mean, you can stay in Athens on a football weekend (a freakin huge event for those unfamiliar) for $60 at Holliday Inn. It doesn't compare at all to this but still...

Yeah I'm pulling for you to go too. We've got to show that us hicks are cultured, at least a little. If only Speed Channel knew.
Old 5 Mar 2010, 00:18 (Ref:2645210)   #83
Slowsley
Rookie

United States
Near Road Atlanta
I forgot to mention the rate I got at Super 8--$68 per night refundable. That's with two beds, smoking (!), and a 75 cent messager on the headboard of one of the beds. It'll be a o.k.

St. Patty's party in our room!

Last edited by Slowsley; 5 Mar 2010 at 00:21. Reason: to add more
Old 5 Mar 2010, 00:28 (Ref:2645217)   #84
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Its a Saint Paddys party !!!

I managed to get a local chalet for 200 bucks for 5 nights , near the Sebring golf club , but it did have 9 gators in the back yard in a huge pool ..... I could hear them doing their vibrating mating call each evening !!!
Old 5 Mar 2010, 00:33 (Ref:2645218)   #85
DanShenise
Racer

United States
Atlanta, via St. Pete Beach
DanShenise should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My last experience with a central Florida "bargain" hotel was something like last night's episode of The Middle on ABC. I have walked into my room and thought, "my apartment is better than this." And that was when I was in college.
Old 5 Mar 2010, 13:11 (Ref:2645495)   #86
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanShenise View Post
My last experience with a central Florida "bargain" hotel was something like last night's episode of The Middle on ABC. I have walked into my room and thought, "my apartment is better than this." And that was when I was in college.
i had a similar experience at the Rolex 24 with a "bargain" motel as well.
great stories...
good times....
bring your own sheets.
Old 5 Mar 2010, 18:35 (Ref:2645691)   #87
merlot brougham
Racer

United States
Chapel Hill
merlot brougham should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmerlot brougham should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Any of you guys interested in a 10 Tenths meet up at the event? I'll be the 2m tall, degenerate, scumbag, tattooed metalhead guy with long hair dressed as a Bimmer fan boy. Depending on which day it is will determine how greasy my hair will be.
Old 5 Mar 2010, 22:52 (Ref:2645854)   #88
Slowsley
Rookie

United States
Near Road Atlanta
Quote:
Originally Posted by merlot brougham View Post
Any of you guys interested in a 10 Tenths meet up at the event? I'll be the 2m tall, degenerate, scumbag, tattooed metalhead guy with long hair dressed as a Bimmer fan boy. Depending on which day it is will determine how greasy my hair will be.

But you'd steal all the girls.
Old 6 Mar 2010, 00:37 (Ref:2645894)   #89
pdxracefan
Racer

United States
Oregon
pdxracefan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
That's great, glad you finally found something relative close. That reminds me of our first trip - due to first timer's lack of planning, we finally found a motel in Winterhaven. 90 miles round trip each day to track. I thought that wasn't bad at the time. Been luckier since then.
Old 6 Mar 2010, 01:23 (Ref:2645904)   #90
DanShenise
Racer

United States
Atlanta, via St. Pete Beach
DanShenise should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What's 2m in Mericun?
Old 6 Mar 2010, 22:49 (Ref:2646374)   #91
Hugewally
Veteran

United States
Largo, FL USA
Hugewally should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Shorter than 3m...
Old 7 Mar 2010, 15:41 (Ref:2646670)   #92
merlot brougham
Racer

United States
Chapel Hill
merlot brougham should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmerlot brougham should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
6'6". Otherwise known as ogreish. Or yeti-like. Or even sasquatchesque.
Old 7 Mar 2010, 15:59 (Ref:2646679)   #93
Hugewally
Veteran

United States
Largo, FL USA
If the local weather stays anything like the last couple of days, think about bringing an ice scraper for the windshield.
Old 7 Mar 2010, 19:13 (Ref:2646854)   #94
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugewally
If the local weather stays anything like the last couple of days, think about bringing an ice scraper for the windshield.
El Nino has been a B!
Ice in FLA in March and Spring Break?
I'm soooooooo ready for Spring!
Old 7 Mar 2010, 20:10 (Ref:2646895)   #95
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
El Nino has been a B!
Ice in FLA in March and Spring Break?
I'm soooooooo ready for Spring!
I'll second that! It's finally gotten warm in the past week in Louisiana.....2 months late!
Old 10 Mar 2010, 03:05 (Ref:2648666)   #96
Slowsley
Rookie

United States
Near Road Atlanta
70 in GA. Surely Fl. can't be colder than that. I'd take 50 degrees the way this year has been.
Old 10 Mar 2010, 08:20 (Ref:2648730)   #97
Hugewally
Veteran

United States
Largo, FL USA
Well, this past weekend it dropped down into the very low 30's....
Old 10 Mar 2010, 16:05 (Ref:2648971)   #98
merlot brougham
Racer

United States
Chapel Hill
It looks like 70-80 in the days and 50-60 at night for the coming week. At least that is what Weather Underground is telling me. After this craptastic winter (yes, even in NC) that is going to feel like the Bahamas. There was the Friday deluge last year and the PLM monsoon I also endured so I'm hoping I'm due a nice, warm, dry race weekend.
Old 11 Mar 2010, 15:26 (Ref:2649643)   #99
monaro_gto
Rookie

United States
Atlanta, GA, USA
monaro_gto should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well I will be watching from the couch this year. Tickets are in hand and work tells me to not make any plans that week
Old 11 Mar 2010, 20:53 (Ref:2649857)   #100
AUTOLEGEND
Racer

United States
Atlanta, Georgia
AUTOLEGEND should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I also live near Road Atlanta woot woot!

I'm coming to Sebring with a BIG AUDI flag.

I'm very bitter about the Frenchie pugs denying them entry.