Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > My Track Designs

Old 12 Feb 2011, 10:35 (Ref:2830031)   #76
bio
Veteran

Hungary
Budapest, Hungary, Europe
bio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I like this one. It has a very pleasant flow to it.

Two things, both about T1: first of all, since this point seems to be the only genuine overtaking chance, it might be useful to tighten it a bit - really only a little bit though. Second: I would put a wider gravel trap there.

But, apart from these, I find no fault with it.

Thumbs up!

bio
Old 12 Feb 2011, 21:02 (Ref:2830244)   #77
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Ive called this Purist after our esteemed colleague and once I'd read his comments about fast tracks being over 66% straights i decided to draw something that might fit the scheme.

This is 3.3 miles (5310m) clockwise and quite wide...(16m) so it has plenty of room to overtake. Its not in the ultra high speed category because the corners would take it down (one major hairpin and the esses coming onto the pit straight, but the majority of the circuit is straights and medium to high speed corners.
I did an analysis and haven't hit the 66% target. its about 60% straights so fails the test. I'll have to try again!
Attached Thumbnails
Purist 3.3 (5310).jpg  

Last edited by Teretonga; 12 Feb 2011 at 21:19.
Old 12 Feb 2011, 21:16 (Ref:2830248)   #78
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'd add run off/gravel at T3 and likewise on the esses at the end of the lap, if one section has gravel then they all should.
Other than that it's pretty straight forward though perhaps not very challenging...but for racing does it have to be challenging?
Old 12 Feb 2011, 21:31 (Ref:2830257)   #79
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsBrutesFan View Post
I'd add run off/gravel at T3 and likewise on the esses at the end of the lap, if one section has gravel then they all should.
Other than that it's pretty straight forward though perhaps not very challenging...but for racing does it have to be challenging?
Thats a good question?
Monza is challenging, Spa is challenging, but what actually provides good racing? In the lesser formula simple circuits often provide closer racing, more passing and better entertainment.
I don't see people at the end of really close race going "oh it was great racing but not very challenging",.
Most of the time they're estatic over the quality of the RACE.... adrenalin is pumping buzzing and everyone is excited.

Like Monza's Italian GP in 1971. Fantastic race...
A driving challenge? In one sense yes, but was a great 'drivers circuit'? No.
Old 12 Feb 2011, 22:26 (Ref:2830278)   #80
Teretonga
Veteran

[ATTACH][/ATTACH]Purist 3.3m has been revised into Purist 3.4m (another 161m) with a longer straight out of turn 3 into the turn 4 hairpin which has also been opened up. I have also taken note of SBF's suggestions. The main infield straight is now 962m. now it reaches the 66% mark (68%)
Attached Thumbnails
Purist 3.4 (5471).jpg  

Last edited by Teretonga; 12 Feb 2011 at 22:43.
Old 13 Feb 2011, 00:14 (Ref:2830298)   #81
bio
Veteran

Hungary
Budapest, Hungary, Europe
bio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I like both versiuos, the second one a bit more though It's good, it's got everything - thumbs up!

bio
Old 15 Feb 2011, 09:05 (Ref:2831450)   #82
Teretonga
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bio View Post
I like both versiuos, the second one a bit more though It's good, it's got everything - thumbs up!

bio
Thanks bio
I wanted something that was fairly quick and allowed cars to get a good head of steam but that actually had places that would be a bit of a challenge.
if I could demonstrate the camber and elevation changes it would make this a lot more interesting.
Something I still have to learn.
Old 17 Feb 2011, 01:54 (Ref:2832463)   #83
LuiggiSpeed
Veteran

United States
LuiggiSpeed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This track reminds me of traks in south america for some reason, maybe Brazilian?
I like it a lot because of the club flavor, that would be quite a piece to have fun in, and to add to SBF's comment, I think any piece of road will be good for racing for as long as there are at least two competitors fact is to a certain degree,the simpler the track the more intense the racing, a too "challenging" track makes for processional races, just look at PI and you will see what I mean for a simple track.
I think a track should have at least a couple of challenges to see how different pilots solve the problem in different ways,
Old 2 Mar 2011, 09:23 (Ref:2838946)   #84
Teretonga
Veteran

Sooo
For this Mad March month No.1
2.75 miles of clockwise rotation.
Attached Thumbnails
Bangkok raceway 2.75.jpg  
Old 3 Mar 2011, 08:01 (Ref:2839474)   #85
Teretonga
Veteran

And another, Clockwise 3.14 miles, 14.5m wide constant width.
Attached Thumbnails
Bradford 2.jpg  
Old 3 Mar 2011, 10:18 (Ref:2839541)   #86
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Oh yeah I like that 2nd one you've done there.

I especially like the opening sequence of corners. Lots of feathering through T1, leading to a great slipstream battle down to T2, which isn't your generic hairpin, either. Fantastic.

There's even a bit of room to perhaps return a pass going round T3 - again, without using conventional tight hairpins. Could be a slight problem with run-off perhaps? Not too sure. I'm also a fan of the final turn as far as overtaking goes, too.

4, 5, and 6 looks quite fun, too.

Good job!

Selby
Old 12 Mar 2011, 10:39 (Ref:2844397)   #87
Teretonga
Veteran

Thanks Dan
Here's a 2.73 mile International 'B' circuit at 14.5 m wide its quite wide so plenty of passing room. Suitable for everything below F1 plus MotoGP and WSB. Direction is clockwise.
Attached Thumbnails
yabbadabba2.jpg  
Old 12 Mar 2011, 16:54 (Ref:2844557)   #88
LuiggiSpeed
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teretonga View Post
Thanks Dan
Here's a 2.73 mile International 'B' circuit at 14.5 m wide its quite wide so plenty of passing room. Suitable for everything below F1 plus MotoGP and WSB. Direction is clockwise.
Ohhh you know I'm a lover of the horseshoe concept, very well executed , lot's of different options, you got me with this one!
Old 12 Mar 2011, 18:11 (Ref:2844600)   #89
SpeedingTortoise
Racer

Scotland
Glasgow
SpeedingTortoise should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Agreed, this is good. Plenty of passing opertunities and challenging corners. Those esses at the end remind me of my 1st track i posted which i like. Only thing you would need to add to complete it is a link to form a shorter circuit for club level racing but thats it. Well Done
Old 14 Mar 2011, 09:17 (Ref:2845344)   #90
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teretonga View Post
Thanks Dan
I like it again.

Last sector looks crazy fun! Alternating kinks is a great way of keeping motorcyclists on their toes (..?). Getting the right line balanced with the right amount of throttle will be pivotol.

Only change i'd suggest is making T2 slightly earlier/closer to T1. I think it could potentially open up a better overtaking op in to T3.

That's just an opinion, though. Good work, again!

Selby
Old 14 Mar 2011, 09:18 (Ref:2845345)   #91
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedingTortoise View Post
Agreed, this is good. Plenty of passing opertunities and challenging corners. Those esses at the end remind me of my 1st track i posted which i like. Only thing you would need to add to complete it is a link to form a shorter circuit for club level racing but thats it. Well Done
You could basically make Brands Hatch Indy, quite easilly.

Selby
Old 15 Mar 2011, 09:34 (Ref:2846021)   #92
Teretonga
Veteran

Another category B circuit, this one is 4.313km (2.68m) so its about the same length as Brands Hatch but much wider and a bit slower. Direction as you can work out is clockwise. No pit road worked out but it would be a simple affair entering off at the final turn and entering the circuit after turn one.
The club circuit is 1.95miles (or 3.138km)

This circuit is deliberately quite compact requiring a relatively small amount of space for what is a substantial length. It sits in a natural amphitheatre where the back of the circuit is surrounded by elevated hills giving a natural view of most of the circuit. Its not dead flat but the back of the circuit turns across a rolling landscape.
Attached Thumbnails
Abacore 2.68m (4.313km).jpg  

Last edited by Teretonga; 15 Mar 2011 at 09:49.
Old 15 Mar 2011, 23:12 (Ref:2846541)   #93
LuiggiSpeed
Veteran

United States
My kind of thing, very efficient, interesting, you covered most corner type I like,fast , slow,hairpin, not really for winged vehicles, I don't see downforce playing much here but definitely suspension and tire setup are required here.Motorcycles would have a blast here, this is the kind of project I like to talk about.
Old 16 Mar 2011, 21:04 (Ref:2847099)   #94
Yannick
Veteran

Yannick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The club circuit is amazing! Thank you. If my ficticious Other World(ly) Series would still "exist" and its cars weren't modelled on IndyCar, I'd ask you for permission to run on your club circuit for a race weekend.

I think it's so good that the sight of it would be enough for star drivers to want to get their private Formula Ford cars out of their garages and have a go just for fun ;-)
Old 2 Apr 2011, 07:13 (Ref:2857202)   #95
Teretonga
Veteran

bad post
Old 2 Apr 2011, 07:18 (Ref:2857205)   #96
Teretonga
Veteran

Heres Athena, a clockwise 3.555mile (5.72km) international circuit with a 2.6mile national circuit incorporated. Width is 14.5m.
Attached Thumbnails
Athena 3.555m (5.72km).jpg  
Old 2 Apr 2011, 20:41 (Ref:2857511)   #97
Yannick
Veteran

Yannick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How about closing the loop of an additional tri-oval at the back of the paddock and adapting track length and dimensions accordingly? I feel that would give this circuit something special, and I hope you like the idea.
Old 3 Apr 2011, 08:40 (Ref:2857663)   #98
Teretonga
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yannick View Post
How about closing the loop of an additional tri-oval at the back of the paddock and adapting track length and dimensions accordingly? I feel that would give this circuit something special, and I hope you like the idea.
Thanks Yannick.
That is a variation I had not considered when drawing this up so I may rework the design and come up with a trioval as the basis with the road course based on a series of extensions
Old 3 Apr 2011, 23:07 (Ref:2858288)   #99
LuiggiSpeed
Veteran

United States
That's a good , raceable track, those curves must be huge!
I thinks you have plenty of space inside the main track to do some technical loops, do you?
Old 4 Apr 2011, 10:17 (Ref:2858474)   #100
Teretonga
Veteran

Ok Here is a 3.314 mile track with optional tri-oval (1.25m) and a short course of 2.3 miles.
The east side of the track is long flowing corners across rolling landscape, a bit like Mid-Ohio. The west side is more technical. The tri-oval is not like a traditional NASCAR oval. It is wide but has hard run-off areas a bit like Bernies track at Le Castellet, with sandtraps beyond that. So there are no trackside walls to hit.
There is also a test centre optional area on the back straight with garages and a hard off track area for servicing.
There is another feature of the track but I can't remember what it is.
Attached Thumbnails
Athena 2.jpg