Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 8 Jan 2012, 21:56 (Ref:3009147)   #76
QuarterRik
Rookie

Belgium
Roeselare
QuarterRik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnybravo View Post
Anymore info on the Cavalier / Holden ? Never heard of that one before
The Holden was first run by the Carglass-team of Belgian Paul Kumpen and was driven by Eddy Guffens.

Later the "Cossie eater" was sold to another Belgian Jaques Franssen who run it with EVKO and Eurogas sponsership.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoovmW5o_og

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7yWmE8Xihk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_P3UMYIhr4

It was wonderfull to hear a V8 roar in rallycross,when te big car made a good start,they could keep it sideways to hold on to the lead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rx-guru View Post

The engine of Martinsen's BMW was an IMSA version done by Heini Mader in Switzerland, IIRC it was a 2300cc motor, no F1 specs Rik.
I remember reading a story,that they used the engine from a Brabham-BMW,the one Nelson Piquet used to drive.
Sontimes the storys overshoot the reality.

Last edited by QuarterRik; 8 Jan 2012 at 22:24.
Old 8 Jan 2012, 22:49 (Ref:3009178)   #77
rx-guru
Veteran

European Union
Western Lower Rhine area of Germany
rx-guru should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They must have had two of those Holden Commodore VL V8. One went to France and was driven in 1989 by Jean-Pierre Sauvion, in 1990 by Jean-Claude Macchetto and in 1991 as well as 1993 by Michel Pinçon.
Old 8 Jan 2012, 23:26 (Ref:3009196)   #78
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Lots of stories about Martinsens car, most of them linked to that clip him winning a heat at the GP in 88.

It looks like the cars was smoking its tyres when in fact it was justa tyre rubbing on the bodywork! Some people really though it was smoking up everywhere, but if you look it was doing it on the loose too!
Old 9 Jan 2012, 16:49 (Ref:3009407)   #79
GOLDFINGER
Racer

GOLDFINGER should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
t

Last edited by GOLDFINGER; 9 Jan 2012 at 16:56.
Old 9 Jan 2012, 16:55 (Ref:3009409)   #80
GOLDFINGER
Racer

GOLDFINGER should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
Lots of stories about Martinsens car, most of them linked to that clip him winning a heat at the GP in 88.

It looks like the cars was smoking its tyres when in fact it was justa tyre rubbing on the bodywork! Some people really though it was smoking up everywhere, but if you look it was doing it on the loose too!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAq10F_aYXs
Old 9 Jan 2012, 17:53 (Ref:3009429)   #81
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Awesome day, perhaps the best day I enjoyed in rallycross actually, the cheer when Will passed Schanche when his exhaust fell to bits was amazing, and people forget Renny could have won if he knew Will had a flat!

Am sure Martinsens caar was smoking tyres a little, but most of it was bodywork rub.
Old 10 Jan 2012, 23:57 (Ref:3010046)   #82
MiniMadness
Veteran

Canada
Glen Allen VA/Kent UK
MiniMadness should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Awesome day, perhaps the best day I enjoyed in rallycross actually, the cheer when Will passed Schanche when his exhaust fell to bits was amazing, and people forget Renny could have won if he knew Will had a flat!

Am sure Martinsens caar was smoking tyres a little, but most of it was bodywork rub.
I always remember the year before and Nordstroms shock GP win. Nobody saw that coming. Murray getting really excited on the commentary, saying 'You will go along way to see a race like that'.
Old 11 Jan 2012, 23:05 (Ref:3010437)   #83
MiniMadness
Veteran

Canada
Glen Allen VA/Kent UK
MiniMadness should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I love the RS200 myself. Although I preferred the more standard looking cars and not the awful rear winged cars. I like Renny original RS200.

Gollop's Silkolene 6R4 comes to mind and his upright driving position.

Going back before Group B it has to be the Porsches of John Grealsey and Rob Gibson. My favourite Mini has to be the Trevor Reeves / Tony Bardy 16v. I always thought Trevor Hopkins Hepolite Glacier yellow Fiesta looked smart.

Then in later years Tony Bell's MR2 (but then I would say that wouldn't I ) Great car, shame I couldn't drive it.
Old 23 Jan 2012, 19:47 (Ref:3015837)   #84
rs 200
Racer

rs 200 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
John cross has put some videos up some not even seen and some old colours of cars ,
http://www.youtube.com/user/XsportRacing1
20 vids
Old 23 Jan 2012, 23:39 (Ref:3015957)   #85
QuarterRik
Rookie

Belgium
Roeselare
QuarterRik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rs 200 View Post
John cross has put some videos up some not even seen and some old colours of cars ,
http://www.youtube.com/user/XsportRacing1
20 vids

Wonderfull memories.
And again,what a shame the Mandes Circuit in Ingelmunster is clossed for racing.
Old 24 Jan 2012, 00:13 (Ref:3015971)   #86
Thundersports
Veteran

Balearic Islands
On the dark side of the moon
Thundersports should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Agree that day will die with me the atmosphere was awesome when Will past Martin and the crowd went mad.
Old 26 Jan 2012, 21:59 (Ref:3017494)   #87
Barrie
Veteran

England
Colchester Essex
Barrie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rx-guru View Post
AFAIK Audi produced a total of 220 Audi Sport quattros plus parts for another 4 cars.
Of those 220 cars 200 were needed for the homologation with FIA, the other 20 were additionally made for the rallying programme.
About 170 Sport quattros were sold in road going trim to customers, leaving about 50 for the use of Audi Sport.
For an evolution version 20 cars of a 200 cars series were needed due to FIA rules.
From Davenport's explanations I understand now that the first rally car without wings was the S1 (or could have been an "E1") while the 20 genuine wing cars (see list of Vitor Lima) were the E2 versions.
So, for Rallycross one can say that the two cars of Lestander (one to Brodin later) as well as the Breiteneder car were E2s, while all other short quattros were S1s...
Eddi I read this E2 list a few years back and it included Olle Arnesson's car and they give it a number, for some reason its no longer on there.
Old 26 Jan 2012, 22:38 (Ref:3017520)   #88
rx-guru
Veteran

European Union
Western Lower Rhine area of Germany
rx-guru should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
AFAIK Vitor Lima, the Portuguese who runs the website, was always uncertain about Olle's car.