Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 24 Aug 2012, 05:19 (Ref:3123912)   #76
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Ok ..... how does Falken view the possible introduction of AM class into GTE racing , in ALMS ?

I like the idea , although possibily the ALMS doesnt need it right now as GTE is very healthy there .
Old 27 Aug 2012, 20:39 (Ref:3126005)   #77
FalkenALMS
Racer

FalkenALMS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFalkenALMS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Ok ..... how does Falken view the possible introduction of AM class into GTE racing , in ALMS ?

I like the idea , although possibily the ALMS doesnt need it right now as GTE is very healthy there .
The AM class would be a good addition to increase overall car count but we hope it doesn't take away from the currently awesome field of the competitive GT PRO class.

Old 27 Aug 2012, 20:42 (Ref:3126008)   #78
FalkenALMS
Racer

FalkenALMS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFalkenALMS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 911targa View Post
A question about the 2nd car please

If Porsche offers 991 RSR MY2013 late next year and Falken gets one immediately for PRO class, with enough funding, will you guys prefer running the 997 RSR MY2012 in PRO class or AM class?

2 PRO cars with pro drivers would be nice for tire development and team standings, but an AM class entry may attracts more sponsors & even increase the chances of doing LM24.
As it sits now, we would have to have a sponsor in order to consider running two cars at any point in the near future. Hypothetically, we would prefer a two car PRO effort IF there was funding to make that happen.

And now, as you all saw that the post-Road America rebuild costs us $75,000.... racing isn't cheap.
Old 27 Aug 2012, 20:58 (Ref:3126018)   #79
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FalkenALMS View Post
The AM class would be a good addition to increase overall car count but we hope it doesn't take away from the currently awesome field of the competitive GT PRO class.
Well , for example , the Nieman 997 and Brown 458 cars could race in the AM class ..... giving them something to go for , and that wouldnt interfere with the Pro class ?
Old 2 Sep 2012, 17:14 (Ref:3129181)   #80
Catingaround
Racer

United States
Connecticut
Catingaround should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Through the Dagys dust cloud just wanted to say congrats to Falken, well done indeed.

Old 2 Sep 2012, 17:17 (Ref:3129183)   #81
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I guess Wolf missed his flight back to Germany .
Old 2 Sep 2012, 18:50 (Ref:3129254)   #82
porman
Veteran

porman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridporman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridporman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A much deserved win for Falken. Congratulations!
Old 2 Sep 2012, 23:33 (Ref:3129489)   #83
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Congrats on the win.
Old 3 Sep 2012, 00:38 (Ref:3129512)   #84
pach233
Veteran

United States
Greenville, SC
pach233 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpach233 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Congrats Falken on the win, bittersweet though it may be.
Old 3 Sep 2012, 00:58 (Ref:3129517)   #85
DeathOrGlory
Racer

DeathOrGlory should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
With the ALMS-Grand Am merge, what does Falken Tire think about it?
Old 3 Sep 2012, 02:41 (Ref:3129547)   #86
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathOrGlory View Post
Especially with Continental being the official Grand-Am supplier and the SCCA World Challenge having Pirelli as title sponsor and supplier.
Old 3 Sep 2012, 04:43 (Ref:3129593)   #87
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
^Correct you are. Maybe there is WEC on the cards. They have said 24 of Le Mans is a long term goal.
Old 3 Sep 2012, 10:08 (Ref:3129733)   #88
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Many congratulations to the Falken team on their well deserved win at Baltimore. Would've loved to see you guys win outright
Old 4 Sep 2012, 12:32 (Ref:3130543)   #89
FalkenALMS
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathOrGlory View Post
There are so many personal opinions about this that we'll refrain from commenting as a team. Not to mention, at this point there is just too much speculation. The last thing we want to do is add to the rumor mill that has already blown things WAY out of proportion (personal note--I wish you could see some of the texts I'm getting from people in the industry with the latest insane rumors). Neither ALMS or GrandAM has said ANYTHING about the topic, and certainly not to discredit our good friend and incredibly respected journalist John Dagys, but we'll wait until official representitives of the series come forward.
Old 4 Sep 2012, 12:34 (Ref:3130544)   #90
FalkenALMS
Racer

Thank you so much, everyone! Here's the link to our official press release. Blog coming soon! http://bit.ly/NJhmZf

and thanks to Ten Tenths for posting a story as well!
Old 4 Sep 2012, 20:22 (Ref:3130786)   #91
Slipknot
Rookie

United States
Texas
Slipknot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What a great thread. Thanks FalkenALMS. Grats on the win.
Old 5 Sep 2012, 13:13 (Ref:3131256)   #92
FalkenALMS
Racer

Quote:
There are so many personal opinions about this that we'll refrain from commenting as a team. Not to mention, at this point there is just too much speculation. The last thing we want to do is add to the rumor mill that has already blown things WAY out of proportion (personal note--I wish you could see some of the texts I'm getting from people in the industry with the latest insane rumors). Neither ALMS or GrandAM has said ANYTHING about the topic, and certainly not to discredit our good friend and incredibly respected journalist John Dagys, but we'll wait until official representatives of the series come forward.

To follow up on this....

Right now the team is testing at Road Atlanta in preparation for Petit Le Mans. We don't know as to whether or not Program Manager Derrick Walker and the Falken Tire staff will be able to watch the press conference, but they have been having conversations to sort through the current topic at hand of this merge. Later today or tomorrow, we hope to have a statement from Walker on his personal views of the merge. As for Falken, more details may need to be sorted out before we can have an official comment from the Corporation. The last thing we should do is jump to conclusions so to something at may be one to two years down the road. As always, I'll send you all something as soon as I can. Thanks for the support!
Old 5 Sep 2012, 13:22 (Ref:3131263)   #93
pach233
Veteran

United States
Greenville, SC
pach233 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpach233 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
To follow up on this....

Right now the team is testing at Road Atlanta in preparation for Petit Le Mans. We don't know as to whether or not Program Manager Derrick Walker and the Falken Tire staff will be able to watch the press conference, but they have been having conversations to sort through the current topic at hand of this merge. Later today or tomorrow, we hope to have a statement from Walker on his personal views of the merge. As for Falken, more details may need to be sorted out before we can have an official comment from the Corporation. The last thing we should do is jump to conclusions so to something at may be one to two years down the road. As always, I'll send you all something as soon as I can. Thanks for the support!
I think I speak for most of us when I say that teams like Falken and tire competition add a lot to the racing and I sincerely hope the new series will allow for these type of programs to continue.
Old 5 Sep 2012, 21:33 (Ref:3131610)   #94
FalkenALMS
Racer

Official Statement regarding "The Future," the merge between the American Le Mans Series and Grand Am from Falken Tire Corp:

"We greet today’s announcement with a sense of both excitement and wonderment. While having no experience with Grand-Am, we have been nothing but pleased with the guidance of the team that runs the American Le Mans Series and trust that they have the best interest of sports car racing for the fans, manufacturers and competitors in mind. Our hope is that the new series debuting in 2014 is truly a combination of the best of both series incorporating fantastic GT racing, technologically progressive prototypes and open tire competition across a broad geographic schedule. We look forward to the final season of the ALMS in 2013 as it is known today and the bright future of sports car racing in the US starting in 2014. At this time, we will wait to see what developments come about in the coming months while the new product is put together."

Statement from Program Manager Derrick Walker to follow soon.
Old 6 Sep 2012, 13:25 (Ref:3132016)   #95
FalkenALMS
Racer

Statement from Team Falken Tire Team Manager Derrick Walker:
Overall it's a good thing providing the new governing body of Sports Cars seriously make an effort to retain the best of the best. Both series have a lot to offer, so for me, it's a chance to man a really great sports car series. I would like to see them merge as many series as possible into a manageable number of classes and try not to leave anybody behind including suppliers such as Falken. Maybe it will take a few years to truly merge them all into a reasonable number but leave nobody behind.

Also, here is our press release regarding our test yesterday at Road Atlanta.
Old 6 Sep 2012, 15:17 (Ref:3132046)   #96
The Badger
Veteran

Well , one thing so far , there certainly seems to be teams/managers/manufacturers/supplyers who genuinely believe that this could work , and offer positive comment .

I believe this should be given a good chance , and do honestly believe that good could come from this ..... while the ALMS is a brilliant series , it isnt looking great on the growth side , is it .

So , we had forum members complain about that , saying that sportscars in America should be run by an American governing body , now they have this potential , and their still cribbing .

You cant keep all the people happy all the time , can ya !!!
Old 9 Oct 2012, 14:42 (Ref:3148864)   #97
FalkenALMS
Racer

Quote:
Well , one thing so far , there certainly seems to be teams/managers/manufacturers/supplyers who genuinely believe that this could work , and offer positive comment .

I believe this should be given a good chance , and do honestly believe that good could come from this ..... while the ALMS is a brilliant series , it isnt looking great on the growth side , is it .

So , we had forum members complain about that , saying that sportscars in America should be run by an American governing body , now they have this potential , and their still cribbing .

...For some reason this never came up on our radar.

No, unfortunately, you can't keep everyone happy. On our twitter account, we get a lot of positive and negative feedback regarding the merge. The series needs the support and constructive feedback of the fans now more than ever. At Falken, we potentially have a lot to lose, but we want to stand united with the series and the fans as plans are made and a new series is built. You're right. It has the potential to be something great!
Old 9 Oct 2012, 21:01 (Ref:3149056)   #98
CyberMotor
Veteran

United States
CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!
Kelly, let me echo the thanks that others have given you and the Falken team. Thanks for being loyal participants all these years and thanks for sharing your insights here. Like you, I'm glad to have found this friendly and knowledgeable group of folks to communicate with about our favorite sport.

Good luck at the Petit and through the transition. Hope all goes well with you and the Falken Team.
Old 10 Oct 2012, 03:29 (Ref:3149163)   #99
DeathOrGlory
Racer

DeathOrGlory should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

The Chicken Little attitude of some people is silly and at times, disturbing.
Old 23 Oct 2012, 00:59 (Ref:3156171)   #100
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I want to thank Falken Tire for the paddock tour. It was fun and informative. Brian Sellers is a funny dude.