Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 24 Sep 2012, 13:23 (Ref:3140885)   #76
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
What was Dave Bartrum talking about when the camera cut to him with Simon Hill? Paul O'Neill was talking to Dick Bennetts, then it cut to the Bartrum and Hill, with Bartrum appearing to be saying "Hello Simon I'm a New Zealander, very slow and boring".
Old 24 Sep 2012, 16:27 (Ref:3140962)   #77
Jon411
Racer

Guernsey
Jon411 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
What was Dave Bartrum talking about when the camera cut to him with Simon Hill? Paul O'Neill was talking to Dick Bennetts, then it cut to the Bartrum and Hill, with Bartrum appearing to be saying "Hello Simon I'm a New Zealander, very slow and boring".
Presumably it was a tongue-in-cheek comment about Dick Bennetts to Simon Hill and Dave didn't realise that he was live on air which was rather unfortunate for him.
Old 24 Sep 2012, 16:27 (Ref:3140963)   #78
VXDave
Racer

VXDave should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is it just me (I hope it is!) or have the last few rounds been rather dull and unexciting? I know the last couple of races at Rockingham were a bit more spicy (although I suspect that's mainly down to the rain!) but everything seems rather predictable. I loved the look of NGTC initially, but it is rather tacky having seen many of the cars now, and there's not so many decent drivers as there have been in recent years IMO. I hope things improve for next year, it would be nice to have a couple more works teams to hopefully bring international interest. Very pleased for Shedden anyway, great driving, but it's all a bit bland watching Neal, Plato and Shedden share most of the winnings!
Old 24 Sep 2012, 19:53 (Ref:3141051)   #79
W.A Trichlorostyrene
Veteran

W.A Trichlorostyrene should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Very pleased for Shedden, two more strong week-ends like this, and might very well win the championship. Great to see he had the guts to attack his team-mate Neal in race 3, because in the previous years he often seemed to lack that special "agression" factor that separates the great drivers from the champions.
Old 28 Sep 2012, 10:19 (Ref:3143009)   #80
FFSM
Rookie

FFSM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by VXDave View Post
Is it just me (I hope it is!) or have the last few rounds been rather dull and unexciting? I know the last couple of races at Rockingham were a bit more spicy (although I suspect that's mainly down to the rain!) but everything seems rather predictable. I loved the look of NGTC initially, but it is rather tacky having seen many of the cars now, and there's not so many decent drivers as there have been in recent years IMO. I hope things improve for next year, it would be nice to have a couple more works teams to hopefully bring international interest. Very pleased for Shedden anyway, great driving, but it's all a bit bland watching Neal, Plato and Shedden share most of the winnings!
I agree. It's all got rather predictable. I'd like to see Plato dominate at Silverstone just so it isn't a Honda procession at Brands, but in general there's too many mediocre drivers out there. Yeah, there's a few that can turn in the odd good race or hot lap, but the top three are miles ahead in terms of consistency.
Old 28 Sep 2012, 20:03 (Ref:3143401)   #81
Icebaby
Veteran

Icebaby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FFSM View Post
but in general there's too many mediocre drivers out there. Yeah, there's a few that can turn in the odd good race or hot lap, but the top three are miles ahead in terms of consistency.
Who's mediocre?
Old 28 Sep 2012, 20:45 (Ref:3143413)   #82
FFSM
Rookie

FFSM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Didn't really want to play that game, but since you've asked - Jackson, Collard, TOC etc; all capable of winning but too many simple errors and mad moments that cost them.

I'd like to see Newsham, AJ, Wrathall and a couple of others in a works outfit to see how they'd get on. But I can't think of many others in the current field that stand out. Certainly none that are in the same league as Thommo, Gio, Neal or Plato.

I see from btcc.net that Aaron Williamson has got a drive with Team Hard at Brands, good to see another young lad getting a chance. I'm hoping that Tom Ingram's sponsorship with KX will yield an MG outing at some point - there's a kid I see as having big potential and I think (despite his odd games last year with sponsors) one that can get the backing he deserves.
Old 29 Sep 2012, 11:03 (Ref:3143652)   #83
yesnomaybe
Racer

yesnomaybe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
heres my pics from Rockingham
http://www.flickr.com/photos/coletri...7631648383509/

enjoyed the racing all day, was impressed with Aron Smith staying in front for so long in the reverse grid race, Sheddens save was fantastic
Old 3 Oct 2012, 12:45 (Ref:3145711)   #84
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FFSM View Post
I agree. It's all got rather predictable. I'd like to see Plato dominate at Silverstone just so it isn't a Honda procession at Brands,
Given that Silverstone is three long straights and four corners, and that the MG has been given another turbo boost increase, I fully expect to see Plato dominating.
Old 3 Oct 2012, 16:49 (Ref:3145801)   #85
Gloria LeicesterFan
Rookie

Gloria LeicesterFan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptic View Post
Given that Silverstone is three long straights and four corners, and that the MG has been given another turbo boost increase, I fully expect to see Plato dominating.
Another boost increase is ridiculous.
Old 4 Oct 2012, 08:58 (Ref:3145915)   #86
auroan
Veteran

auroan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Have they ? We're s that info from ?
Old 4 Oct 2012, 09:42 (Ref:3145932)   #87
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
wouldnt it be great if people used facts
the MG is running the exact same boost level as Rockingham
Old 4 Oct 2012, 09:54 (Ref:3145946)   #88
Gloria LeicesterFan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by touring fan01 View Post
wouldnt it be great if people used facts
the MG is running the exact same boost level as Rockingham
Good. Another increase would be ridiculous. Honda deserve an increase if you ask me.
Old 4 Oct 2012, 14:26 (Ref:3146097)   #89
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloria LeicesterFan View Post
Good. Another increase would be ridiculous. Honda deserve an increase if you ask me.
I suppose that depends on how the calculations for boost are made.
If it's based on speed traps, then clearly the Hondas are not competing on a level playing field.
Based on results though, the Hondas need pegging back as they are leading the championship.

They are suffering as a result of their success (oxymoron I know) due to having what is recognised as one of the best chassis in the pack.
Old 4 Oct 2012, 16:18 (Ref:3146153)   #90
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The difference in pure straightline speed between the MG and Hondas were not as big as it would appear from laptimes. Silverstone will be more about the s2000 cars and if any of them can manage to get infront of the MG/Honda and save enough tyre wear to hold them off in the last 4-5 laps. Id expect WSR to be strong.
Old 4 Oct 2012, 22:42 (Ref:3146352)   #91
auroan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
I suppose that depends on how the calculations for boost are made.
If it's based on speed traps, then clearly the Hondas are not competing on a level playing field.
Based on results though, the Hondas need pegging back as they are leading the championship.

They are suffering as a result of their success (oxymoron I know) due to having what is recognised as one of the best chassis in the pack.
It's purely based on lap times and nothing else.
Old 4 Oct 2012, 23:25 (Ref:3146371)   #92
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by auroan View Post
Which we knew at the start of the year, yet still people moan about it (fans and teams/driver) being an injustice when changes are made. They know the rules, so therefore they should shut up and get on with it.
Old 5 Oct 2012, 06:59 (Ref:3146455)   #93
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Does it include dry and wet laps, or purely dry laps?
Old 5 Oct 2012, 07:23 (Ref:3146467)   #94
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Does it include dry and wet laps, or purely dry laps?
Both. It's based on speeds relative to the rest of the grid rather than absolute values so the track conditions don't matter as they are the same for everyone.
Old 5 Oct 2012, 09:04 (Ref:3146505)   #95
Gloria LeicesterFan
Rookie

In my mind - there shouldn't be equalisation between the same types of car. Eg MG and Honda. It's up to MG to improve their chassis, not to rely on TOCA to give them extra boost.

Honda must wonder why bother developing a chassis to the level they have.
Old 5 Oct 2012, 10:57 (Ref:3146544)   #96
markreeves
Racer

England
Hull
markreeves should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Heard that Eurotech considered running Andy in Smiths vectra from last year as they feel the Civics will be that much slower than the S2000's

Cant remember whether it was on TCT or autosport
Old 5 Oct 2012, 12:34 (Ref:3146580)   #97
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by markreeves View Post
Heard that Eurotech considered running Andy in Smiths vectra from last year as they feel the Civics will be that much slower than the S2000's

If that was the case it seems strange to be using a shell from Team Dynamics, and rushing to get it ready for Smith?
Old 5 Oct 2012, 13:10 (Ref:3146594)   #98
auroan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by markreeves View Post

Really

He wouldn't be able to add any points to his tally if he switched cars.
Old 5 Oct 2012, 13:46 (Ref:3146611)   #99
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Really

He wouldn't be able to add any points to his tally if he switched cars.
How is Mat Jackson still adding to his tally?
Old 5 Oct 2012, 13:53 (Ref:3146618)   #100
auroan
Veteran

Because he's switched to a new chassis permanently. You can't jump from one to another and still be classed for overall or independent championship standings.

He may get the points but he's removed himself from eligibility to win either championship.