Old 8 Jan 2014, 18:46 (Ref:3351715)   #76
Slipstick
Racer

United Kingdom
N. Staffs
Slipstick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWCRacing View Post
Er..... No, not if they wish to continue organising events. Not in the Blue Book, therefore not an option....
Ah but as a matter of simple fact the old regs are EXACTLY what's in the Blue Book. All this new stuff is just in some additional email/PDF document.

But I'm pretty sure that doesn't really help...it's just mildly amusing .

Steve
Old 11 Jan 2014, 10:33 (Ref:3352757)   #77
drewchef
Rookie

England
Huddersfield
drewchef should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
About to start my 2nd year in orange and seeing all the mentions about "The Blue Book" I imagined it to be some sort of mighty tome published by the MSA, costing many £££s and only owned by a select few.
Nice to find it downloadable online.
http://www.msauk.org/site/cms/conten...p?article=1179
Old 11 Jan 2014, 10:48 (Ref:3352760)   #78
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
West Hampstead, North London
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewchef View Post
About to start my 2nd year in orange and seeing all the mentions about "The Blue Book" I imagined it to be some sort of mighty tome published by the MSA, costing many £££s and only owned by a select few.
Nice to find it downloadable online.
http://www.msauk.org/site/cms/conten...p?article=1179
Are you having trouble sleeping ??!!
Old 11 Jan 2014, 11:08 (Ref:3352765)   #79
drewchef
Rookie

England
Huddersfield
drewchef should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe nice was the wrong phrase. After scrolling through the first few dozen pages.............zzzzzz
Any insomnia tendencies I may get now have a remedy.
Old 31 Jan 2014, 20:49 (Ref:3362690)   #80
Joyce George
Veteran

England
South Lincolnshire
Joyce George should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have just acquired the 3 volumes of Bill Boddy's history of Brooklands. a fantastic read, but I thought I would just quote the track regulations of 1912 for your consideration and delectation!

14) "Drivers are requested to slow down when a yellow flag is shown on the track, to stop at the official who has hoisted it, and follow his verbal instructions"
Old 31 Jan 2014, 21:47 (Ref:3362710)   #81
ascarmarshal
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Yorkshire
ascarmarshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridascarmarshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyce George View Post
I have just acquired the 3 volumes of Bill Boddy's history of Brooklands. a fantastic read, but I thought I would just quote the track regulations of 1912 for your consideration and delectation!

14) "Drivers are requested to slow down when a yellow flag is shown on the track, to stop at the official who has hoisted it, and follow his verbal instructions"
That would cause some fun at Paddock Hill Bend
Old 3 Feb 2014, 10:01 (Ref:3363558)   #82
JimW
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcestershire, UK
JimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Reminds me of the VSCC driver at Donington who, when shown a black flag with his number, stopped on the startline and asked what we wanted. History does not recall what we said.

Jim
Old 3 Feb 2014, 10:39 (Ref:3363573)   #83
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Reminds me of a lady at Brands, we showed her the Black/Orange flag 3 times, the Black flag 4 times then it was the Chequer.
When she came to Race Control she apologised profuesly saying it was her first time at the circuit and didnt know how to get off the track.
She got a fine for not attending a first time at the circuit briefing and a Signature Witheld note on her upgrade card for her trouble.
Old 15 Feb 2014, 21:53 (Ref:3368866)   #84
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
South of Sydney NSW, Australie
275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pilotes Trackside

Quote:
Originally Posted by 275 GTB-4 View Post
In Awstrayila, a new driver need to spend some time on the "bank" to understand what flaggies do...and of course, how flags are used...I believe if you let your CAMS licence lapse, you also spend another day on point for a similar reason.

This is how it used to be, can't vouch for it being the current way...but I always thought it was a brilliant idea. So many Drivers commented to me "I had no idea!" (how hard the job was to do right, how important it was for Drivers/Event safety and how little remuneration was involved!)

Can't speak for what might happen at AASA meetings etc
From a recent Confederation of Australian Motorsport (CAMS) newsletter:

2014 NSW OLT dates and application process

What is an OLT?
An Observed Licence Test (OLT) is required to be taken if you intend to apply for any of the following licences:
•NC National Circuit
•PC Provisional Circuit
•CC Clubman Circuit
•PCC Provisional Clubman Circuit

Booking in for an OLT
To book in for an OLT contact Doreen Butchers. CAMS OLTs are generally held the Friday before the state championship race meetings. These dates for 2014 are:
•28 March (Wakefield Park)
•16 May (SMSP) = Sydney, Eastern Creek
•20 June (SMSP)
•25 July (SMSP)
•15 August (Wakefield Park)
•19 September (Wakefield Park)
•24 October (SMSP)

Obtaining a PC without OLT:
To obtain a PC licence without completing an OLT you must have completed either (only CAMS events)
•5 super sprints or regularity within 2 years
•or two tarmac rally events within two years

If you have done the above, send your application and a copy of your 5 results (off Natsoft or similar) to our customer service team and state that it is to go towards your application.

NOTE: to obtain NC after your receive your PC you will need to complete 3 race meets and track side participation.

The NOTE above seems to indicate that "time on the bank" is still a requirement.