Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 23 Jan 2016, 02:22 (Ref:3607247)   #76
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
I think its relevant to post this here since RLM does have IMSA radio. But have you tried to download new audio postings and the links are missing. I wanted to hear Midweek Motorsport Episode 2 and its just a blank white screen under the pic of Hindy and the other guy. Big thumbs down to their site redesign. Where are the files? Tried with IE11 and Chrome. Nothing.
Old 23 Jan 2016, 08:18 (Ref:3607263)   #77
carbsmith
Veteran

carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!
Fuel BoP is hardly IMSA only, although the numbers look more extreme because of the different fuel types and closer micromanagement due to the bigger impact of full course yellows. It is still a slight advantage (or maybe disadvantage) for them in that they carry less fuel weight so they should lap more consistently and maybe be better on tires.
Old 23 Jan 2016, 09:09 (Ref:3607270)   #78
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
I think its relevant to post this here since RLM does have IMSA radio. But have you tried to download new audio postings and the links are missing. I wanted to hear Midweek Motorsport Episode 2 and its just a blank white screen under the pic of Hindy and the other guy. Big thumbs down to their site redesign. Where are the files? Tried with IE11 and Chrome. Nothing.
I'm not sure thow is a site design issue as such. Similar things happened on the old site. I think they just mess up the upload. They used to tend to appear eventually - maybe if someone prompted them that the link was broken?
Old 23 Jan 2016, 12:57 (Ref:3607303)   #79
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
This was sent by the team this morning:

https://twitter.com/specutainment/st...79107035303936
Old 23 Jan 2016, 13:45 (Ref:3607312)   #80
wdave0
Veteran

United States
NY
wdave0 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwdave0 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by carbon_titanium View Post
oh c'mon this is insane!
only 78L for 488? less than the usual 85L given to 458. And why? because of DI? also ford gt engine has DI but received a 98L fuel tank.

I'll bet it's the difference between E10 and E85 - the teams have a choice in GTLM.
Old 23 Jan 2016, 14:52 (Ref:3607323)   #81
TheMightyM
Veteran

TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdave0 View Post
I'll bet it's the difference between E10 and E85 - the teams have a choice in GTLM.
And all the GTLM cars are, based upon the entry list, using the same fuel, which is E20C.
Old 23 Jan 2016, 17:19 (Ref:3607362)   #82
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
We've been discussing this in a rubbish thread in Parc Ferme and joeb helped me figure out how to use the RSS feed. Download a podcast app like Podkicker (although I think I may shop around), add a podcast under "RSS" and enter the website address. The podcast will then appear in your feed of the app. Podkicker allows for streaming or download.
Old 23 Jan 2016, 21:59 (Ref:3607474)   #83
wdave0
Veteran

United States
NY
wdave0 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwdave0 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMightyM View Post
And all the GTLM cars are, based upon the entry list, using the same fuel, which is E20C.
I am confused and cannot find E20C listed as an IMSA allowed fuel - what is it?

All I find is E10 and E85. I do know that Corvette has been trying to lead (or look good) by using eco friendly fuel.
Old 23 Jan 2016, 22:13 (Ref:3607480)   #84
TheMightyM
Veteran

TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:

All I find is E10 and E85. I do know that Corvette has been trying to lead (or look good) by using eco friendly fuel.
From a S365 article from back in October announcing the new fuel option for GTLM in 2016:

Quote:
GT Le Mans teams in the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship will have one additional fuel choice next year, with E20 having been approved for competition, a blend that’s expected to be used by the majority of competitors.

E20 (20 percent ethanol, 80 percent gasoline) joins the previously permitted E10 and cellulosic E85 fuels as approved for the GTLM class, a move that was made, according to IMSA President and COO Scott Atherton, to provide a fuel option similar to one used at Le Mans.
The other classes are limited to E10.
Old 24 Jan 2016, 00:33 (Ref:3607506)   #85
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

http://www.imsa.com/sites/default/fi...90215%20V1.pdf

L.P.
Old 24 Jan 2016, 01:08 (Ref:3607509)   #86
BullMan
Veteran

BullMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Saw this on IMSA's Facebook page. Not exactly great considering we were led to believe we would have IMSA Radio streaming the entire race. Guess I'll have to bust out the VPN again.

Old 24 Jan 2016, 02:09 (Ref:3607511)   #87
MaskedRacer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullMan View Post
Saw this on IMSA's Facebook page. Not exactly great considering we were led to believe we would have IMSA Radio streaming the entire race. Guess I'll have to bust out the VPN again.

That was the cases last year too but to be honest, the combination of on board cams, imsa radio, and live timing is not that bad I found out. With the on boards most of them are on the GTLM cars so I always picked the one who was in first or second in class. Just listening to the Corvette or Porsche motor is fun. What I don't like about the on boards is that during FCY's they switch to where you only see the driver. I hope that ends.
Old 24 Jan 2016, 03:48 (Ref:3607517)   #88
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
That was the cases last year too but to be honest, the combination of on board cams, imsa radio, and live timing is not that bad I found out. With the on boards most of them are on the GTLM cars so I always picked the one who was in first or second in class. Just listening to the Corvette or Porsche motor is fun. What I don't like about the on boards is that during FCY's they switch to where you only see the driver. I hope that ends.
That is strange, the least exciting time to watch a driver would be under caution I would think...
Old 24 Jan 2016, 11:07 (Ref:3607560)   #89
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Still undecided if gonna bother watching. It gets later every year.

Quote:
I wanted to hear Midweek Motorsport Episode 2 and its just a blank white screen under the pic of Hindy and the other guy.
'The other guy'
Old 24 Jan 2016, 12:38 (Ref:3607584)   #90
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Hey! John Hindhaugh may be the voice of Radio Le Mans, but does has he been an uncredited extra in a long-forgotten BBC sitcom series?

I think not
Old 24 Jan 2016, 16:28 (Ref:3607631)   #91
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
That is strange, the least exciting time to watch a driver would be under caution I would think...
It used to irritate me too, but I came to the conclusion that it's an automatic thing so you couldn't see something they don't want you to in the case of an accident or injury. Not 100% sure on that, but it's my guess.
Old 24 Jan 2016, 16:30 (Ref:3607632)   #92
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It would also be unfortunate to see the marshalls on their way to pick up, or rather pass by the invisible debris which the phantom caution told was there.
Old 24 Jan 2016, 17:34 (Ref:3607643)   #93
MaskedRacer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
It would also be unfortunate to see the marshalls on their way to pick up, or rather pass by the invisible debris which the phantom caution told was there.
Well in the case of IMSA it is the phantom "car is stranded in a dangerous area caution". Nevermind that the car is actually parked on the side off the track nowhere close to the racing line or actually got restarted and drove away again.
Old 24 Jan 2016, 18:15 (Ref:3607655)   #94
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
How many fingers is a joke about debris or stranded car FCY in the Daytona 24 drinking game? We'll be wasted before the race starts.
Old 24 Jan 2016, 18:23 (Ref:3607660)   #95
DeezPutz
Racer

DeezPutz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDeezPutz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Still undecided if gonna bother watching. It gets later every year.

'The other guy'
You'll watch and post every detail.
Old 24 Jan 2016, 18:38 (Ref:3607664)   #96
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeezPutz View Post
You'll watch and post every detail.
Last year I only watched this one to ~ halfway point, or not even that but perhaps 6-7 hours or something, and then just returned for the final hour. I always start watching it semi-interested but then remember how awful the rules make it to be. So knew there wasn't much point to get the "in between bit". The only other race I saw all year was PLM. Current Sebring I boycot.

Last edited by Deleted; 24 Jan 2016 at 18:46.
Old 24 Jan 2016, 19:46 (Ref:3607683)   #97
nasportscar
Veteran

United States
Wisconsin
nasportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnasportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pick 'Em is live: http://nasportscar.com/tusc-pick-em/
Old 24 Jan 2016, 19:58 (Ref:3607685)   #98
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Last year I only watched this one to ~ halfway point, or not even that but perhaps 6-7 hours or something, and then just returned for the final hour. I always start watching it semi-interested but then remember how awful the rules make it to be. So knew there wasn't much point to get the "in between bit". The only other race I saw all year was PLM. Current Sebring I boycot.
You're so edgy, man.
Old 24 Jan 2016, 20:32 (Ref:3607692)   #99
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
How many fingers is a joke about debris or stranded car FCY in the Daytona 24 drinking game? We'll be wasted before the race starts.
Old 24 Jan 2016, 22:14 (Ref:3607744)   #100
merlot brougham
Racer

United States
Chapel Hill
merlot brougham should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmerlot brougham should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ok, so everyone who has issues with the way IMSA BoPs and administers FCYs will NOT be watching, correct? Because I really don't want to follow a thread where it is non-stop moaning and whinging about some regulation/rule/philosophy THAT IS ALREADY IN PLACE AND CAN'T BE CHANGED.