Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 23 May 2021, 06:10 (Ref:4052803)   #76
mstets
Racer

mstets should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Both of Power's runs are shown as bumped. Neither was withdrawn. The only withdrawn run of the day was Kellett's.

https://racer.com/wp-content/uploads...1-official.pdf
Old 23 May 2021, 06:55 (Ref:4052805)   #77
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
That’s right because they weren’t top 30 when set.
Old 23 May 2021, 10:03 (Ref:4052824)   #78
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Qualifying Result Day 1:

Apart from Ed Carpenter and Rinus VeeKay in 4th and 5th, that was total domination by Honda, as qualifying goes into Day 2 for the Last Row Shoot Out and the Fast Nine Shoot Out.

The field average was 230.565 mph, up on last year's. which was 229.570 mph.
Attached Thumbnails
indycar-results-quals-day1-official.jpg  
Old 23 May 2021, 17:19 (Ref:4052930)   #79
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Anyone have any idea what's going on? There's only 5 cars running today?
Old 23 May 2021, 17:24 (Ref:4052932)   #80
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post
Anyone have any idea what's going on? There's only 5 cars running today?
The first set of qualifying is to figure out who's going to make the last three spots. There are five drivers competing which means two people will not make the field.

And will power just hit the wall!

The second qualifying session today will be to set the top nine positions. Positions 10 through 30 were set yesterday.
Old 23 May 2021, 17:40 (Ref:4052934)   #81
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
All five drivers have now had their turn, and each went slower than the previous driver. Right now we have Karem, Power, and Simona in the final three spots.
Old 23 May 2021, 17:46 (Ref:4052935)   #82
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
All five drivers have now had their turn, and each went slower than the previous driver. Right now we have Karem, Power, and Simona in the final three spots.

As they are only allowed one attempt, what are they all doing still sitting in their cars?
Old 23 May 2021, 17:51 (Ref:4052939)   #83
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
As they are only allowed one attempt, what are they all doing still sitting in their cars?
You arent allowed to run again for like 50 minutes. Its such a dumb format. You give them an hour long session but after a run but it takes an hour to cool the car down

So now you get 50 minutes of people sitting around when the results already decided.
Old 23 May 2021, 18:00 (Ref:4052941)   #84
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
You arent allowed to run again for like 50 minutes. Its such a dumb format. You give them an hour long session but after a run but it takes an hour to cool the car down

So now you get 50 minutes of people sitting around when the results already decided.

You aren't allowed to run again for 50 minutes? I didn't know that. That is ridiculous.
Old 23 May 2021, 18:02 (Ref:4052942)   #85
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
You can go out as much as you want, but at the moment the three in will wait to see if the two out improve. The two will try and wait until the last minute. We will see who blinks first.
Old 23 May 2021, 18:03 (Ref:4052943)   #86
peebee2
Veteran

Quote:
You arent allowed to run again for like 50 minutes.
Utter rubbish!!
Old 23 May 2021, 18:28 (Ref:4052946)   #87
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
So Enerson and Kimball out.
Old 23 May 2021, 18:31 (Ref:4052947)   #88
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
You can go out as much as you want, but at the moment the three in will wait to see if the two out improve. The two will try and wait until the last minute. We will see who blinks first.

I stand corrected. So Power just scrapes in to the last row.

Who is going to get Pole?
Old 23 May 2021, 19:20 (Ref:4052949)   #89
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Telemetry must be way off or MSR has a poorly tuned car, Helio never hit 6th on his run which does not seem right
Old 23 May 2021, 19:23 (Ref:4052950)   #90
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
No, an ECR car running crazy lap speeds on lap 1? Why I never. 1.5 up on average after 2 is crazy it looks like he's losing the car on 3rd and 4th with a big slide
Old 23 May 2021, 19:29 (Ref:4052953)   #91
peebee2
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Telemetry must be way off or MSR has a poorly tuned car, Helio never hit 6th on his run which does not seem right
They’ll have sixth set for tailwinds. Lots of the cars were like that yesterday.

Three top gears is plenty flexible!
Old 23 May 2021, 19:37 (Ref:4052958)   #92
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Colton Herta on provisional Pole. Just Dixie to go.
Old 23 May 2021, 19:40 (Ref:4052960)   #93
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
They’ll have sixth set for tailwinds. Lots of the cars were like that yesterday.

Three top gears is plenty flexible!
So far, if you believe telemetry, everyone else has run 6th. I assumed Helio has 6th tuned more for the tow in the race than alone.

Dixie isn't waiting around himself, track seems to have improved late with the cloud cover
Old 23 May 2021, 19:42 (Ref:4052961)   #94
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Dixie takes Pole.
Old 23 May 2021, 19:57 (Ref:4052970)   #95
peebee2
Veteran

Quote:
So far, if you believe telemetry, everyone else has run 6th. I assumed Helio has 6th tuned more for the tow in the race than alone.
No they really haven’t - and you think MSR sent the car out to qualify with a race set up??
Old 23 May 2021, 20:22 (Ref:4052973)   #96
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Yes, I watched the Fast 9 and all the rest ran to 6th half way down the front and back, you could see it on the telemetry and hear the shift. I have it recorded and sorry but you're just flat wrong there.
Old 23 May 2021, 20:37 (Ref:4052978)   #97
peebee2
Veteran

Quote:
Yes, I watched the Fast 9 and all the rest ran to 6th half way down the front and back, you could see it on the telemetry and hear the shift. I have it recorded and sorry but you're just flat wrong there.
Ok, I believe you, though I also watched today and yesterday and thought I saw plenty that didn’t.

Anyway, I hope you do realise that 4th, 5th and 6th are all top gears on the oval.
Old 24 May 2021, 01:07 (Ref:4053018)   #98
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
I was amazed that the later runners were able to find so much speed in the fast 9 today. I got to say for the 500 I'm either pulling for one of the young guys, especially Pato, or if an old guy has to win Carpenter would be my first choice.

I've never followed the Indy qualifying in the past as close as i did this year, and I have to say I enjoyed it. Part of me thinks it's ridiculous to drag it out for so long, and I know they have shortened the month of May plus added the GP race, but it still feels like you could do the Indy 500 in a week.
Old 24 May 2021, 02:08 (Ref:4053027)   #99
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Damn, I laughed so hard at the video in this article. Pagenaud and Newgarden are lost in a corn field trying to find there way to the now defunct Iowa IndyCar race. Not sure how I've never seen this before, but it is gold!

https://jalopnik.com/what-dumb-race-...ist-1846947103
Old 24 May 2021, 05:36 (Ref:4053036)   #100
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Enjoyed qualifying - yep, goes on too long and had some drama, bit of disorganisation to it but that is all part of the Indy experience.

Have taken Monday off next week (here in Oz, the 500 starts at oh-dark-hundred on Monday morning) to enjoy the race - looking forward to it and think that we're going to see quite some difference once they're all running in dirty air.