Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 23 Apr 2022, 21:31 (Ref:4107728)   #76
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
haha yes! My memory is very good but short
Anyway, it's four years and Cammish wasn't very young debuting in the BTCC, was already quite an established driver through his Porsche career.
Yeah, agreed. Cammish was probably entering with higher expectations from the general public than Gamble had this season.

Before that, probably Sutton in 2016?
Old 23 Apr 2022, 22:25 (Ref:4107729)   #77
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Yeah, agreed. Cammish was probably entering with higher expectations from the general public than Gamble had this season.

Before that, probably Sutton in 2016?
Yeah, exactly. Yep, that would be Sutton for sure.
Old 24 Apr 2022, 07:31 (Ref:4107743)   #78
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It may have been mentioned in the 2022 discussion thread, but I cannot recall seeing it, however I am pleased that TOCA have dropped the option tyre rule from the regulations. I always felt that it was just one too many artificial strands that interfered with true racing.
Old 24 Apr 2022, 07:35 (Ref:4107744)   #79
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by antnee View Post
Any news from Motorbase/Dan on the cause of the fire yet?
A bit more on this - Dan has said that he knew a fire was imminent when he had fuel spraying up his windscreen.
Old 24 Apr 2022, 07:37 (Ref:4107745)   #80
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
Where do the RWD cars stand in terms of their previous performance penalties? Are they all still in place?

- extra RWD base weight
- raised ride height
- longer first gear
- reduced boost below 80kph

Etc?
The RWD start procedure is still in the regulations.
Old 24 Apr 2022, 08:18 (Ref:4107749)   #81
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
The top teams though will have found a way to get round those start procedures. Infiniti seem to be good at it
Old 24 Apr 2022, 08:32 (Ref:4107752)   #82
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Itv have added qualifying to their YouTube channel if that's helpful to people.
Old 24 Apr 2022, 09:15 (Ref:4107754)   #83
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
https://twitter.com/Motorbase/status...48595656105984
Motorbase still working on Cammish's car but looks like it will be on the grid for race 1
Old 24 Apr 2022, 10:26 (Ref:4107755)   #84
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Marriott View Post
That’s not going to be out again tomorrow.
It is - car has been repaired and Dan is set to take part in R1.

https://twitter.com/DanCammish/statu...72726069972992
Old 24 Apr 2022, 10:57 (Ref:4107758)   #85
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
OH MY GOD WTF!!?!?!?! That was almost horrendous, what the???????
Old 24 Apr 2022, 10:59 (Ref:4107759)   #86
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Heart in mouth with car stranded there, marshals on the edge of the track and cars heading at full contest towards.
Old 24 Apr 2022, 11:00 (Ref:4107760)   #87
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Ingram, Gamble and Shedden all look racy early on.
Old 24 Apr 2022, 11:01 (Ref:4107761)   #88
Robshillito1990
Racer

Robshillito1990 is a back marker
Turkington being his usual idiot self not being able to take the fact his team mate is faster than him.
Old 24 Apr 2022, 11:02 (Ref:4107762)   #89
Robshillito1990
Racer

Robshillito1990 is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Heart in mouth with car stranded there, marshals on the edge of the track and cars heading at full contest towards.
The no waved flags thing is bloody stupid race direction already proving to be their usual useless self's
Old 24 Apr 2022, 11:23 (Ref:4107764)   #90
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robshillito1990 View Post
Turkington being his usual idiot self not being able to take the fact his team mate is faster than him.
Jake had all race to take the win, why go for it on lap 2? Stupid.
Old 24 Apr 2022, 11:23 (Ref:4107765)   #91
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Great that BTCC is back good to see the new cars, even if it is only on the telly, looking forward to being at brands in 3 weeks
Old 24 Apr 2022, 11:24 (Ref:4107766)   #92
Robin Marriott
Veteran

Robin Marriott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That was great, looking forward to seeing how the ‘ballast’ affects race two.
Old 24 Apr 2022, 11:25 (Ref:4107767)   #93
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Woo! 5 years now I've been saying it's Ingram's year! Good race. Hybrid seemed a bit irrelevant.

Disaster for the Toyotas. Nice to see Thompson racy as well.
Old 24 Apr 2022, 11:30 (Ref:4107768)   #94
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Uncle Dick won't be happy for sure
Old 24 Apr 2022, 11:33 (Ref:4107769)   #95
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Surprised how slow Sutton looked, hopefully it's not the sign of things to come for the rest of the season.

I can't help but think that Hill and Turkington going head to head right in the beginning helped Ingram a lot - their advantage over the rest of the field was quite impressive. Anyway, Ingram was still very fast and executed it well. I'd rather not say after the first race that this might finally be his year but well, he looks strong.

Also impressed by Gamble even if he vanished a bit later on.
Old 24 Apr 2022, 11:35 (Ref:4107771)   #96
mprmke
Racer

mprmke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hybrid looking great so far. Not sure how much it’ll get shaken up from race 2. Think it’ll need lots of tweaking over the season.

Gutted for Plato. Ran a good, sensible race to set himself up for a solid day and probably a strong race 3 position only to get a puncture on the last lap. Feel also for both Toyotas, should have had a strong weekend. Cook made good progress as expected. Would have been Plato 9th/Cook 10th if it wasn’t for the puncture, with both looking forwards.

No secret I’ve been a big admirer of Hill from day one, but that was pretty poor from him at the start of the race, but still hopefully gets to hold on to a decent 3rd place.

As said previously, Sutton won’t have the same “advantage” his preferred set-up allowed him in RWD, but he’ll still get a handle on it and be there or thereabouts.

Team HARD finally get a properly good driver and he delivers straightaway. Shame he has to suffer a penalty, but hopefully it’ll be a good stepping stone to get himself in a decent seat ASAP.

Ingram always seems to do well in the first race of the season. Always had the pace, racecraft still patchy at times, but improving.

Good race.
Old 24 Apr 2022, 11:42 (Ref:4107772)   #97
Matt K
Veteran

On a side note, am I the only one disappointed by the new BTCC app? No results there, no live timing, a bit useless really. They have a predictions game which is fine but the previous one was a lot more 'informative' especially if you couldn't watch some sessions.
Old 24 Apr 2022, 12:01 (Ref:4107773)   #98
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
On a side note, am I the only one disappointed by the new BTCC app?
Not just you. New app is just slow and crashes all the time. (Insert reference to driver/team)

I gave up with it very quickly. Apart from the prediction game, which I'm not interested in, there was nothing that I couldn't get from other sources.
Old 24 Apr 2022, 12:17 (Ref:4107776)   #99
mprmke
Racer

mprmke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah, the app is very slow and crashes all the time.

Gutted for Hill. A number of potentially very quick cars coming from the back though, will make it interesting. Hill, Plato and both Toyotas. Cammish still quite near the back too.
Old 24 Apr 2022, 12:17 (Ref:4107777)   #100
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Jake Hill excluded for ride height issues. Resulting from hitting the tyre stack?