Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 1 Feb 2001, 12:55 (Ref:61631)   #76
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
UPDATE: I have heard from Andrew this morning after sending him a note in CAPITAL LETTERS (if there are larger letters than Capitals on the keyboard I will soon need them to deal with the ACO) - should have the reservation number by the time I get to work. I'll pass it on to Craig and Sarah and Craig can pass it to the rest of the crew.

Then you need to go to the Airtrack website and register, using the reservation number, and send them your money. Let me know when you have sent it in so I don't end up paying for everybody.

Update on the party - it is only free to ladies if you bring a guy that pays. So it will be beer at the campsite all round, I reckon!
Old 1 Feb 2001, 21:15 (Ref:61751)   #77
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Thanks Liz

Check your email...
Old 1 Feb 2001, 23:32 (Ref:61818)   #78
SL
Veteran

SL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

US readers,

There is a post on Club Arnarge offering a fly view package for $1700. Some company is doing an all in do from any East coast US airport.

Simon
Old 2 Feb 2001, 00:07 (Ref:61825)   #79
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
OK - all questions answered in the e-mail, Mr. A.

ACO informs me that they will have the new ticket prices next week. That's their story as of today anyhow.

I just paid $920 for my Montreal GP tickets, will pay off this Le Mans trip tomorrow, and for my Pitlane tickets next week.

My bankruptcy should be announced soon afterwards.

SOS MESSAGE FOR SARAH: Check your e-mail for an important message.
[Edited by Liz on 2nd February 2001]
Old 3 Mar 2001, 04:16 (Ref:67707)   #80
Liz
Veteran

ANOTHER UPDATE: I've received confirmation for all overnights that were booked by me in Dover for 14 June. Details on request.

Sarah, I need to hear from you re the Pitlane tickets - we want to order them SOON so they don't get away.
Old 6 Mar 2001, 18:27 (Ref:68911)   #81
Skipper
Rookie

Skipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Need camping tickets for Le Mans

Help somebody, please.
A group of us go to Le Mans every year, and
have done so since 1995. Unfortunately we
can't get hold of any tickets for camping
at Le Mans 2001.

Does anyone have any left over or for sale?

Please let me know and help us keep our
boys Le Mans holiday a tradition.

Many Thanks in Advance
Skipper
Old 7 Mar 2001, 01:32 (Ref:69061)   #82
Liz
Veteran

Skipper, TimD can tell you of a place you can camp (sometimes) without tickets.

Sarah, I got your letter. Thanks! I will finish up the arrangements this weekend.

I CAN'T WAIT!
Old 18 Mar 2001, 17:04 (Ref:72388)   #83
Danielsun
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
Danielsun should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think your comments there pretty much sum up the whole thing, Liz!! Bring it on!!

GO AUDI!!

Oops...

GO BENTLEY!!

Sorry there, Tim...
Old 9 Jun 2001, 12:26 (Ref:102926)   #84
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Time for this topic to resurface from the depths... Any last minute plans and ideas are best discussed here; not on the ferry!

BTW, do we have any French speakers here ? I have an interesting fax from Le Mans which i'd be grateful if someone could translate for me ?
Old 10 Jun 2001, 14:02 (Ref:103358)   #85
Invader
Veteran

Invader should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm fluent in ******.
Seriously, I could probably translate it....can't you scan it to OCR and run it thru Babelfish?

Just popping off to the AA to see what I need for the car when we go.
Old 12 Jun 2001, 10:52 (Ref:104333)   #86
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by Invader
Just popping off to the AA to see what I need for the car when we go.
Tyres?
Old 13 Jun 2001, 00:25 (Ref:104560)   #87
Liz
Veteran

See my post in the "Sportscars" forum for last minute instructions. I have all our documents and tickets and will distribute same at Silverstone.
Old 13 Jun 2001, 19:01 (Ref:104856)   #88
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooppppppppppppssssssssssssssss.................

Liz, I didn't realise (or remember) that you'd be bringing your friend with you... this means that there'll be FIVE people travelling from Gatwick to Silverstone in my little Peugeot. PLUS their luggage.

This means that it is absolutely vital that you restrict and luggage to an absolute minimum only... and we might just get away with it!

Either that, or give Hertz a ring and book us a minibus...!
Old 18 Jun 2001, 11:39 (Ref:106422)   #89
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
'Knock, knock... is this thing on...?'

Right, well we all did make it and, more importantly, we made it back alive despite the best efforts of the French to prevent us from doing so.

Arrived home some time around 4am last night and just woke up - still shattered, but awesome weekend. So glad I chose it over Mondello - it is simply on a different level...! We will be starting to organise a 10 Tenths trip for 2002 shortly... so watch for that.

Full report to follow, but all I can say is that we were lucky with the weather, and I love it! Thanks to Liz for organising things, and to Invader for driving... appreciated guys
Old 18 Jun 2001, 11:53 (Ref:106430)   #90
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Oh, and thanks too to RickP for the grandstand tickets overlooking the final chicane and straight... wonderful! Next year they are an essential...

Au revoir!
Old 18 Jun 2001, 11:59 (Ref:106431)   #91
RickP:Clio51
Veteran

England
Zurich
RickP:Clio51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRickP:Clio51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Glad you could make use of them, the view was quite good wasn't it?
Think next year I will target the Dunlop grandstand, overlooking first chicane and with big screen opposite.
My big problem is that by the time I know my race schedule, all the good seats are gone!!!!
RickP
Old 18 Jun 2001, 13:37 (Ref:106446)   #92
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Sounds like a good plan, Rick. Maybe you'll be sat next to us ?

Anyone got any idea who got the peeps on Radio Le Mans to plug 10 Tenths and later to say hello to the '10 Tenths gang' ??

Oh, and next time I really must make sure I ring Orange to get them to enable roaming on my mobile... ooops! Sorry to anyone who rang or SMSed me and got no response!
Old 18 Jun 2001, 15:19 (Ref:106453)   #93
David McManus
Racer

David McManus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If I get the job I'm currently 1/2 way through the application for, I may join you all next year!
Old 18 Jun 2001, 17:36 (Ref:106508)   #94
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Craig Antill
lucky with the weather
I could see that! Anyway, glad you didn't wash/rain/blow away down there, and that you're back safe and sound!
Old 18 Jun 2001, 18:58 (Ref:106550)   #95
Lee Purnell
Veteran

England
Bristol, England.
Lee Purnell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
At least the ten-tenths coats are warm
Old 18 Jun 2001, 21:02 (Ref:106608)   #96
SL
Veteran

SL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Returned from Le Mans today about 16:00.

What a race and the weather. Comparable to 1980 and 1995 although this year seemed to be constant rain and fairly cold weather.

Congratulations to Bentley for leading the race at the end of the first hour (no 7) and a brilliant 3rd overall. We were in the grandstands dead opposite their pits. So many supporters cheering them on, slow hand clap during the 4 min penalty, air horns and cheering each time the car left the pits.

Also superb effort by MG. Running as high as 3rd overall at one stage and proveing wrong the people that wondered why headlights were fitted to the MG's as they would be out before nightfall.

A mention finally to PK motorsports bringing their 'British' Porsche home at their first attempt. And also those Yank Tank Corvettes rumbling around all day and night to blitz their class, the grandstand seemed to shudder when they were running together at the end.

I think 10/10 were plugged on Radio LM by 'rdjones'. I won a copy of the hardback 2000 official Le Mans book by posing a question to the Yank expert live on air that he could not answer fully.

I hope Tim managed to get to the pit lane in time to see the Legends on Friday PM during the all to brief sunny spell.

Looking forward to 2002 and a Bentley / MG lock out

Simon
Old 18 Jun 2001, 22:59 (Ref:106645)   #97
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Phew!

Just got in after an awesome weekend.

Weather?

What weather? It just made it all the more exciting.

Glad to have bumped into SL and friend at Arnage, even if you did drive clean past us on Indianapolis.

Deeply sorry to have missed the rest of the 10-tenths people due to being fast asleep - it was just at the peak of the three hours I had scheduled myself between late night racing and pre-dawn endurance. 'Fraid I must have been out like a light.

Erm - is it next year yet?
Old 19 Jun 2001, 01:09 (Ref:106704)   #98
Liz
Veteran

We got home at 4:00 p.m. today and were in our nighties and drinking coffee and trying to stay awake long enough to unpack (I have to go to work tomorrow).

It was a good time, wasn't it? Despite the fact that we girls got caught in a monster traffic jam that led to us taking 5 hours to go 40 miles and getting to the YHA Dover at 2:00 a.m. for 3 hours sleep before the channel crossing ... being cold and wet all weekend ... and a succession of bizarre incidents on the way back including a war with a French automatic gas pumping thingy that rejected all Anglo credit cards, a 2:30 a.m. ferry crossing that was a bit rough, and the collection of weird people waiting for the Dover Priory train station to open, occasioning much merriment and some "caption contests" - and a "worker" who gave different stories to everyone who asked him about when the train station would open and when the trains would go. We had mechanical problems on the plane both coming and going, and the plane we came back in was built by garden gnomes. Teeny tiny sardine can, that was!

But the race itself was fabulous and we got to see a lot of pilots thanks to our pitwalk tickets - Sarah got some good autographs, and she was good at spotting pilots smoking on the steps, pilots doing weird stuff in the pits, and fire marshalls smoking, among other things.

There will definitely need to be grandstands involved next year - perhaps we could get two or four tickets and share them among the group, as nobody wants to stay in the grandstand all the time.

I intend to write Andrew of Airtrack a commendation and tell him to stand by for next year. I think he did a very good job by us.

Thanks to everyone who was there and I'm sorry not to have seen the Arnage Army but was home asleep when all that was going on.

Til next year then ...
Old 19 Jun 2001, 02:46 (Ref:106715)   #99
SPOONERBORO
Veteran

United Kingdom
UK
SPOONERBORO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
hooray glad SL was listening to LeMans radio i just couldnt resist sending an email to the studio to say hi to all my rather soaking wet ten tenths chums hope you all had fun and maybe join u next year!!
Old 19 Jun 2001, 19:38 (Ref:107000)   #100
Sarah
Rookie

Sarah should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I got home about 11.30 yesterday, I didn't even unpack the car just went straight to sleep. I had a great time, I think all the incidents on the way home just added to the fun. I can't wait until next year,