Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Closed Thread

Old 27 Sep 2003, 21:07 (Ref:732402)   #76
Lyris
Racer

Lyris should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Went back read my posts, in this thread at least, still not seeing the personal attack (unless you mean my references to BJR and Bradley????)
Old 27 Sep 2003, 21:28 (Ref:732411)   #77
Lyris
Racer

Lyris should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
NO response..... well may I suggest this, perhaps as the person who typed it, I'm reading it straight out; and you on the other hand (not being inside my head) are perceiving it somewhat differently than intended.

(Don't worry this seems to have become the norm where I'm concerned lately so your not the first )
Old 27 Sep 2003, 21:48 (Ref:732416)   #78
Hobo high
Racer

Hobo high should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BRAD JONES , ALLAN MOFFAT , i knew i should have registered as john crenan
Old 27 Sep 2003, 22:24 (Ref:732430)   #79
The Tool Man
Veteran

The Tool Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lyris got your newest PM the information contained within in it is NONE of MY Business nor anyones on here. I have a business source who has confirmed the information is no only out of date but very very wrong! But thanks anyway.
Old 27 Sep 2003, 22:25 (Ref:732431)   #80
Aarrgh8
Veteran

Aarrgh8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Brad Jones can spell his own name, whereas the person trying to be Allan Moffat can't spell Al's name, and you as usual, can't spell anything, not even 'John Crennan'.
Old 27 Sep 2003, 22:53 (Ref:732454)   #81
Hobo high
Racer

Hobo high should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For some one who cruisers the internet forums on behalf of that HRT creep and his team and for what he stands for , you can come up with something better than that - CHUMP !
Old 27 Sep 2003, 23:16 (Ref:732464)   #82
Aarrgh8
Veteran

Aarrgh8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
On the other hand, Peter Brock is rapt in the marvellous support you provide. You'll have to find some other people and cars besides Peter Brock and VK Commodores looking for a PR service.

'CHUMP', eh? Are you sure you're not Dave Moy?
Old 28 Sep 2003, 00:02 (Ref:732481)   #83
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Gudgeon started this to some extent, and I guess it just hasnt finished nicely.

As paydriver wrote some time back, it seems that people in this thread are happy to slam the poster rather than the post.

Which tends to happen when a 'Brand Name' comes in to post. Have seen it too often... maybe they can name some disease after it??

For some reason there has been some stinging (and unnecessarily harsh) personal attacks on Lyris... which is kinda like the group mentality of someone getting a kicking, once someone starts, the whole group has a go.

For no rational reasons!

I choose to agree to disagree with Mr Jones' sentiments that it is none of our business, as these Supercar teams need the support of the fans to achieve their marketing objectives by achieving sales lifts, and alienating the fans by telling them that the sponsor shifts are none of the fans' business is a bit too hard to take.

But thats just my opinion of course....
Old 28 Sep 2003, 00:40 (Ref:732506)   #84
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Time Out

Quote:
Originally posted by GTRMagic
Gudgeon started this to some extent, and I guess it just hasnt finished nicely.

1) As paydriver wrote some time back, it seems that people in this thread are happy to slam the poster rather than the post.......

2) I choose to agree to disagree with Mr Jones' sentiments that it is none of our business, as these Supercar teams need the support of the fans to achieve their marketing objectives by achieving sales lifts, and alienating the fans by telling them that the sponsor shifts are none of the fans' business is a bit too hard to take.

But thats just my opinion of course....
And here is mine...

First of all and quite obviously my first name is not Allan, nor have I raced at Bathurst.

As a moderator on this forum however, all involved should abide by the forum rule that GTR has mentioned as (my edited) point 1.

My take on GTR's second point is this. Yes, there is a relationship that the driver/team has to it's fans. When it becomes too cynical this relationship can be seen to not be legitimate (I have in mind the Super League fiasco here in NSW in the nineties).

But, any of us speculating on the future directions that a certain team would or would not take, is for us as fans mear gossip. Our livelihoods do not depend on the information being correct. This is what we should keep in mind when making statements about real people's lives in a public arena behind a nick name.

Lastly, to those having the public argument, settle down.
Old 28 Sep 2003, 01:53 (Ref:732525)   #85
Gudgeon
Rookie

Gudgeon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry for the kefuffle it was a well educated forecast based on the hearsay that BJR were trying very hard to get the Supercheap money that was Ellery's made Bob Thorn an offer that was almost to good to refuse but when Ellery beat BJR hands down at Sandown Bob had second thoughts We all know that Brad has cast some rather disparaging Remarks about Steve Ellery's ability someting about Bruce's money being the only reason Steve was driving
Old 28 Sep 2003, 05:25 (Ref:732563)   #86
vortexo
Veteran

vortexo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Over to you BJR??????????????
Old 28 Sep 2003, 05:48 (Ref:732568)   #87
The Tool Man
Veteran

The Tool Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by vortexo
And also over to Steve Ellery who no doubt is reading these posts as well.
Old 28 Sep 2003, 09:10 (Ref:732615)   #88
Archer
Veteran

Archer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is there any point going on with this thread? Or are to many peoples feelings getting hurt?

C'mon, without being damaging, does anyone have any solid news about various plans for next season? Or should we just all go and play somewhere else because the direction this is heading is no one will say anything anymore, pretty soon we wont be able to talk about motorsport in a MOTORSPORT FORUM!

So sad.
I support (V8): Holden, Holden Racing Team, Perkins Motorsport, #888, #2, #22, #11, #7, #3, #34, #51, #55, #33, #88, #18, #4, #5 & #1. I support (F1): Williams Toyota, Red Bull Renault, #15, #16, #23, #9 & #10.

RIP Peter Brock and Mark Porter
Old 28 Sep 2003, 09:27 (Ref:732622)   #89
vortexo
Veteran

vortexo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally posted by vortexo
Well this is where it gets hard - BJR came in to squash another rumour in this thread and now another one jumps up and bites him. Ok squash this one then the next one and so on.
He is only telling us what he wants us to hear and nothing more. Should have stayed out of the first one and let it be - who are we - a handfull of dedicated fans - what do we know = nothing, but are we allowed to speculate.
Old 28 Sep 2003, 10:06 (Ref:732646)   #90
Allan Moffatt
Rookie

Allan Moffatt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Rulekeeper
Allan Moffatt??? Only 1 t I'm afraid.
Allan George Moffat.
Who is Allan George Moffat?

And who are you to tell me that my name is spelt wrong?, what are you some kind of owner/operator?

Get a life

Last edited by Allan Moffatt; 28 Sep 2003 at 10:07.
Old 28 Sep 2003, 10:51 (Ref:732675)   #91
Amaroo Park
Veteran

Australia
New South Wales
Amaroo Park should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There seems to be a lot of speculation with little substance to a lot of what is being written here.
Old 29 Sep 2003, 01:48 (Ref:733436)   #92
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Paton Brake Replacement? or Peter Brock Racing

I was going to have a go at guessing which sponsor will end up where but not even my chocolate wheel is that clever
Old 29 Sep 2003, 01:50 (Ref:733439)   #93
Evomike
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Evomike should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would have thought unless Murph brings a truckload of sponsorship money to TKR so that they can get a top 10 car, he would not be interested? Surely someone else would want his talent. (No disrespect to TKR)
Old 29 Sep 2003, 01:52 (Ref:733442)   #94
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Um, think 7th HMS Commodore Evomike...
Old 29 Sep 2003, 01:54 (Ref:733446)   #95
Evomike
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
I think that would be the only way. I couldn't dare to dream though, my favorite driver at my favorite team!
Old 29 Sep 2003, 02:02 (Ref:733453)   #96
smithers
Racer

Australia
smithers should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Evomike
I think that would be the only way. I couldn't dare to dream though, my favorite driver at my favorite team!
Always knew you kiwi's were weird!
Old 29 Sep 2003, 02:05 (Ref:733457)   #97
Evomike
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Ya gotta support ya own smithers!
Old 29 Sep 2003, 02:06 (Ref:733459)   #98
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
I would have thought putting the highest profile kiwi in the highest profile kiwi team would have made more sense... but Murf is welded to Holden NZ....
Old 29 Sep 2003, 02:32 (Ref:733484)   #99
smithers
Racer

Australia
smithers should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by GTRMagic
I would have thought putting the highest profile kiwi in the highest profile kiwi team would have made more sense... but Murf is welded to Holden NZ....

You mean put Speedy in there?
Old 29 Sep 2003, 02:43 (Ref:733498)   #100
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Hey I hadnt thought of that! Who needs Lowndes aboard when you have the sport's most popular marketing machine looking for technical partners....!!

This might be a way to get SBR up to 4 cars...

Still looking out for TMR merchandise