Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 16 Dec 2003, 00:32 (Ref:812661)   #76
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
Good.
Old 16 Dec 2003, 12:07 (Ref:812997)   #77
Dov
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Dov should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

KOOL/FORSYTHE Racing?....something to think about...http://www.teamkool.com./
Old 16 Dec 2003, 14:45 (Ref:813131)   #78
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
I've heard rumour of exactly that! But I don't believe PT and KOOL to be the best of friends.
Old 16 Dec 2003, 14:48 (Ref:813132)   #79
indycool
Veteran

indycool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridindycool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Latest "rumor" from AR1 is McCain Foods, $10m CDN for two years. Any of you from Canada hearing anything like that up there?
Old 16 Dec 2003, 15:21 (Ref:813157)   #80
Dov
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by macdaddy
I've heard rumour of exactly that! But I don't believe PT and KOOL to be the best of friends.
Hi Macdaddy, Do you remember the pushing incident between Barry Green and PT after Paul knocked Dario out of the race(I believe it was Houston)? I heard that Barry was going to fire Paul, but KOOL wanted Tracy on the team because he fit their "KOOL Image".....
Old 16 Dec 2003, 15:22 (Ref:813162)   #81
Dov
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by indycool
Latest "rumor" from AR1 is McCain Foods, $10m CDN for two years. Any of you from Canada hearing anything like that up there?
Nothing yet!
Old 16 Dec 2003, 16:24 (Ref:813204)   #82
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
Dov, I was referring more to the gag order, which I believe KOOL had alot to do with.
Old 16 Dec 2003, 17:50 (Ref:813282)   #83
Ac.
Racer

Canada
Waterloo, Ont.
Ac. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Dov
KOOL/FORSYTHE Racing?....something to think about...http://www.teamkool.com./
I checked out the ownership of this domain. Here are the details(all of which are readily available through the domain registration).

Registrant:
TEAM KOOL ENTERPRISES
#903 - 189 DAVIE STREET
VANCOUVER, BC V6Z 2X9
CA

Domain name: TEAMKOOL.COM

Doesn't look like the address of a new CART/OWRS team, but who knows!

Last edited by Ac.; 16 Dec 2003 at 17:51.
Old 16 Dec 2003, 18:16 (Ref:813295)   #84
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
McCain? Does this mean PT has to wear a kilt to press conferences?

Maybe we'll get Ceilidhs with Ashley McIsaac or Natalie McMaster at the Toronto race. Heck, Natalie married Dono Leahy, so she lives nought more than a couple of hours away...

Last edited by paul-collins; 16 Dec 2003 at 18:20.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 16 Dec 2003, 18:26 (Ref:813300)   #85
Snrub
Veteran

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
Snrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
You'd think any brand that was interested in 'lifestyle' for men would be jumping up and down to sponsor PT. Remember how much PT thanked Brown and Williams in the 2002 CART cerimonies. They liked him and he liked them. Perhaps Kool is looking for a farewell tour just like Players.

Dov's comments come from an article written about PT and the information came from people who knew what they were talking about. (eg. PT & Family)
Old 17 Dec 2003, 05:57 (Ref:813693)   #86
Tailwind
Veteran

United States
Mulvane, KS
Tailwind should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This stuff just came up on Champweb:

Quote:
Paul Tracy will be back in 2004, racing for Forsythe Racing. Forsythe Racing will be announcing their sponsor shortly.
Quote:
PK Racing will be testing a young driver from South Africa, and no it's not Tomas Scheckter. We are told that PK Racing is very close in signing this driver to team with Mika Salo in 2004.
Quote:
It is nearly 99% sure that RuSport and AJ Allmendinger will be racing in Champ Car next year, as well as running a 2-car effort in the Toyota Atlantic series for Leo Maia and Aaron Justus.
And this one...

Quote:
American Spirit is said to be trying to put together a 1-car effort for 2004 with Ryan Hunter-Reay.
Now Silly Season is going to get fun...
Old 17 Dec 2003, 06:46 (Ref:813712)   #87
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
You're right, Tailwind. Now Silly Season is going to get fun!

Last year at this time, Forsythe was saying that he was almost-certain with an unnamed European sponsor, but I'm sure that idea's been shelved.

[dream] Molson [/dream]
Old 17 Dec 2003, 08:04 (Ref:813743)   #88
overflow
Racer

overflow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tailwind , would that Sth African be Allen Van der Merwe who won the British F3 2003
Old 17 Dec 2003, 14:11 (Ref:814080)   #89
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good news about RHR and Team American Spirit. RHR deserves a ride next season, I just hope they can get it together, and find some sponsorship!

What's up with Vasser? Anybody heard anything?

Danica Patrick
Old 17 Dec 2003, 14:18 (Ref:814086)   #90
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
ASTH-R HAS to reform if they hope to collect any of their winnings from last year. PG said so in the last announcement. (I hope Stefan was fully paid when he left - he's done so much for racing, particularly in the last few years.)
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 17 Dec 2003, 14:23 (Ref:814091)   #91
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Unless Vasser goes into that team-owner role one (wild) rumor suggested, I wouldn't be surprised if he turns to stock car racing (if he can't find a CART ride that is). He was doing a great job in the Busch race at Daytona this February before he was involved in a wreck that wasn't his fault.
Old 17 Dec 2003, 15:02 (Ref:814118)   #92
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Van der Merwe may well be right, the guy's showed plenty of potential, although I beleive his F3 team-mate Jamie Green is a better longterm prospect.

Hunter-Reay taking over American Spirit from Steven Johnson would be quite good, although it seems optimistic. I never quite udnerstood where that team was going with so few sponsors, but Nick might simply open his pockets a little deeper. Perhaps the bankruptcy farce was just a smokescreen to get Stefan out.