Old 19 Jan 2004, 22:21 (Ref:843240)   #76
Mags
Veteran

Mags should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by macdaddy
...What Omega said...

Especially that last sentence!
HEY! I actually watched a CASCAR race on Saturday. It wasn't half bad. (how can you tell it's been 2 1/2 months since I've been to a race??)
"I have a tendency to let my mind wander a bit during some of the yellow flag conditions; I look around, check out people in the stands, things like that" Darren Law - Lizard Extrordinaire and he's gonna be GT Leader and Brumos Porsche driver!
Old 19 Jan 2004, 22:35 (Ref:843260)   #77
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
No sympathy from me, Mags.
I've not been to a race of any kind since CART left the state of Michigan.

...But I'd never pay to see fenders...
Old 19 Jan 2004, 22:49 (Ref:843269)   #78
Mags
Veteran

Quote:
No sympathy from me, Mags.
I've not been to a race of any kind since CART left the state of Michigan.

...But I'd never pay to see fenders...
Gosh, I'm SOO sorry.
"I have a tendency to let my mind wander a bit during some of the yellow flag conditions; I look around, check out people in the stands, things like that" Darren Law - Lizard Extrordinaire and he's gonna be GT Leader and Brumos Porsche driver!
Old 19 Jan 2004, 23:05 (Ref:843288)   #79
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hmmmm, so the CFL has a rule that there has to be a minumum amount of Canadians players, eh Snrub? Sounds interesting. I guess they have that rule to keep Canadian fan interest up?

Thanks Omega, I was beginning to get lonely defending this position!

Danica Patrick
Old 19 Jan 2004, 23:08 (Ref:843290)   #80
Omega99
Veteran

Canada
9Henday
Omega99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No problem!
Old 19 Jan 2004, 23:08 (Ref:843291)   #81
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
Don't be so surprised, GP! Canadian radio stipulates that something like 40% of their content is Canadian artists!

Thank Goodness for Rush!!!
Old 19 Jan 2004, 23:08 (Ref:843293)   #82
Mags
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by GP Racer
Hmmmm, so the CFL has a rule that there has to be a minumum amount of Canadians players, eh Snrub? Sounds interesting. I guess they have that rule to keep Canadian fan interest up?

Thanks Omega, I was beginning to get lonely defending this position!
No, it's there so that we would keep Canadian Players playing in our league.
Old 19 Jan 2004, 23:13 (Ref:843301)   #83
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And whats the point of keeping Canadian players playing in that league, if its not to keep the Canadian fans happy?

Rush, very cool, macdaddy!

Danica Patrick
Old 19 Jan 2004, 23:21 (Ref:843306)   #84
Mags
Veteran

Quote:
Don't be so surprised, GP! Canadian radio stipulates that something like 40% of their content is Canadian artists!

Thank Goodness for Rush!!!
You a RUSH fan??

I'm the worlds' biggest one.
Old 20 Jan 2004, 06:34 (Ref:843592)   #85
brightline
Racer

United States
Temple Terrace, FL
brightline should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Did any of you guys get the Rush In Rio DVD yet??? Crazy seeing 40,000 Brazilians getting excited about rush like a football(soccer) game or say a champcar race???

The DVD is really awesome, but then again I guess I'm biased since I have about 20 rush CDs and 10 LPs and the old DVD...

I always feel weird about seeing them live because all the people around me tell me to sit down!!! It's not like I'm dancing in the aisles, I'm just standing up at a rock show. I guess that's what happens when a band has been around over 3 decades. Their fans get old and crotchity.

Last edited by brightline; 20 Jan 2004 at 06:34.
Old 20 Jan 2004, 16:02 (Ref:844207)   #86
Mags
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by brightline
Did any of you guys get the Rush In Rio DVD yet??? Crazy seeing 40,000 Brazilians getting excited about rush like a football(soccer) game or say a champcar race???

The DVD is really awesome, but then again I guess I'm biased since I have about 20 rush CDs and 10 LPs and the old DVD...

I always feel weird about seeing them live because all the people around me tell me to sit down!!! It's not like I'm dancing in the aisles, I'm just standing up at a rock show. I guess that's what happens when a band has been around over 3 decades. Their fans get old and crotchity.
Not only did I get it, my husband won it. And we went to the theatrical release! I knew I was in trouble during "Temples" when no one punched thier fists in the air and went "HEY!" My friend and I were discusted.
I have a friend that actually braved the Sarsstock show, as well.
Old 20 Jan 2004, 17:00 (Ref:844275)   #87
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
Sarstock was an experience, that's putting it mildly!
Old 20 Jan 2004, 17:05 (Ref:844279)   #88
Mags
Veteran

Quote:
Sarstock was an experience, that's putting it mildly!
AND just to bring this around to racing again, I was actually going to Sarsstock, and could have done so. Because the lady at Molson also happened to be the same one in charge here for the Molson Indy. And I happened to be one of THE only reporters that witnessed the PT incident at his driver's party; I kept a lid on it as per her wishes, so she told me I could have have Media Access to back stage if I wanted it, but by the time Rush was confirmed, it was too late to do anything about it!