Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 29 Nov 2004, 21:06 (Ref:1167402)   #76
telfire
Rookie

United Kingdom
Winchester hants
telfire should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It will be nice not to have the only front engined Porsche there. I'll try and stay out of the way in my 924. Looking forward to the day.
Old 29 Nov 2004, 21:25 (Ref:1167427)   #77
PipSqueak111
Racer

England
Deepest, darkest Devon
PipSqueak111 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The 944 is only 160bhp, so I won't be zooming up in your mirrors too quick. I'm usually a back-marker in my diesel Ibiza when out with the SEAT 1.8Ts I normally play with, so I'll be very considerate towards anyone I catch up as I know what it feels like to be descended on by quicker cars. I'm out there to learn and practice, not race people or drive like a berk (and if you think I am driving like an idiot, tell me!).
Old 29 Nov 2004, 21:32 (Ref:1167434)   #78
PipSqueak111
Racer

England
Deepest, darkest Devon
Stephen, will the Kentagon or somewhere else be open for food, etc?

Also, is it okay for a mate to come down and take some photos? He's a magazine photographer, so he should get some good pics. Will he need to sign-on?
Old 29 Nov 2004, 22:00 (Ref:1167458)   #79
archaic gold
Veteran

England
Medway
archaic gold should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Photos will not be a problem, but he willneed to 'sign-on' at Race Control at the Registration Office (Ground floor of the Nigel Mansell centre) Control Tower. If he arrives after signing-on for Track hire go to Race Control (first floor) and sign-n with Michelle Webster.

Yes, the Kentagon should be open, the Staff have to eat as well!! Also, the Fast Lane outlet at the rear of the Pit Lane garages. o'k?
Old 29 Nov 2004, 22:18 (Ref:1167474)   #80
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by archaic gold
Photos will not be a problem, but he willneed to 'sign-on' at Race Control at the Registration Office (Ground floor of the Nigel Mansell centre) Control Tower. If he arrives after signing-on for Track hire go to Race Control (first floor) and sign-n with Michelle Webster.

Yes, the Kentagon should be open, the Staff have to eat as well!! Also, the Fast Lane outlet at the rear of the Pit Lane garages. o'k?
Would your real name be Gerry per chance?
Old 29 Nov 2004, 22:20 (Ref:1167480)   #81
archaic gold
Veteran

England
Medway
Yes, sorry I know it was addressed to you but as I was reasonable sure of the correct advice I bit the bullet!!
Old 29 Nov 2004, 22:22 (Ref:1167489)   #82
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
no problems and welcome back to Ten-Tenths young man
Old 29 Nov 2004, 22:24 (Ref:1167494)   #83
archaic gold
Veteran

England
Medway
Flattery will always get results, But I am at JPs emporium tomorrow and hope to confirm the above, however, I do not see why 'our-day' should be any different to anybody elses!
Old 5 Dec 2004, 00:39 (Ref:1170954)   #84
Clive
Veteran

England
Westcott
Clive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridClive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well i hope my humble MGB won't get in your way of your Porker
Old 6 Dec 2004, 13:44 (Ref:1172291)   #85
whatapalaver
Racer

England
Nottingham
whatapalaver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can we have a class for saddo's in road going cars, the drivers of which have no skill or tallent, and the cars are not worth a second look? I'll lead it!
Old 6 Dec 2004, 13:58 (Ref:1172319)   #86
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Latest update is that there are around 65 of us next week. You are welcome to take friends and family with you to watch. If you wish to take a passenger that too is ok providing they have a crash helmet and are signed on!

At the moment lunch break is between 12.00/12.45 and we have the use of all the garages in the pit lane to house our pride and joys!

We have up to 106 places available for the day and so if you know any other marshals who would like to come along, then please ask them to e-mail me at s.c.green@btinternet.com as soon as possible.

Please be aware that there will be a personal friend of Jonathan's with MND doing a few laps during our lunch break. The friend is terminally ill and we have been asked if we would mind giving up 15 minutes of our day so that this poor man can savour the joys of being driven around Brands Hatch. I am sure you will all agree with me that this is a small price to pay for making someone so ill a little happier?

I will be sending out an e-mail to all of you before the end of the week, so if you haven't received a mail from me by Saturday lunchtime, please drop me a note as it means I have misplaced your e-mail address!!!!!!!!
Old 6 Dec 2004, 17:16 (Ref:1172572)   #87
archaic gold
Veteran

England
Medway
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatapalaver
Can we have a class for saddo's in road going cars, the drivers of which have no skill or tallent, and the cars are not worth a second look? I'll lead it!
Not so much of the saddos!! This is only a fun day kindly donated by Jonathan Palmer in recognition of the many man (and lady) hours given by volunteer Marshals. We do not, and will not expect TOCA wanna-bees, just come along; toddle along, stay on the left side of the Circuit, and HAVE FUN!!
Old 6 Dec 2004, 17:19 (Ref:1172576)   #88
archaic gold
Veteran

England
Medway
Quote:
Originally Posted by archaic gold
Not so much of the saddos!! This is only a fun day kindly donated by Jonathan Palmer in recognition of the many man (and lady) hours given by volunteer Marshals. We do not, and will not expect TOCA wanna-bees, just come along; toddle along, stay on the left side of the Circuit, and HAVE FUN!!
SORRY, what have I said keep to the RIGHT of the Circuit and let those with Fiat Puntos, Peugeot 106s and bog-standard Metros PASS on the LEFT!!!
Old 6 Dec 2004, 17:23 (Ref:1172579)   #89
PipSqueak111
Racer

England
Deepest, darkest Devon
Quote:
Stay on the left side?? That's unusual. All of the track days I've been on before have always said that you move to the inside (or the right) on a clockwise circuit and indicate to show you are letting the driver behind pass. Is this peculiar to Brands Hatch then, or do other circuits say move to the left?

I guess they'll fill us in with this sort of thing at the briefing anyway.
Old 6 Dec 2004, 17:26 (Ref:1172584)   #90
PipSqueak111
Racer

England
Deepest, darkest Devon
Quote:
SORRY, what have I said keep to the RIGHT of the Circuit and let those with Fiat Puntos, Peugeot 106s and bog-standard Metros PASS on the LEFT!!!
Okay, posts over-lapped. That clears that up. Could have got confusing having to move to the opposite side to normal to let the MGB and 944 Turbo pass.
Old 6 Dec 2004, 17:27 (Ref:1172585)   #91
archaic gold
Veteran

England
Medway
You did not read my quick apology, YES YES YES stay on the right hand side of the Track!!
Old 6 Dec 2004, 20:42 (Ref:1172790)   #92
Howard G
Rookie

England
Hertfordshire
Howard G should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PipSqueak111
Okay, posts over-lapped. That clears that up. Could have got confusing having to move to the opposite side to normal to let the MGB and 944 Turbo pass.
Don't think I'll be going that fast as it's my first track day , so I think it will be me driving round on the right hand side

Well at least to start with

Howard
Old 7 Dec 2004, 08:18 (Ref:1173136)   #93
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
So, do we have any more takers of JP's very kind offer?
Old 7 Dec 2004, 09:07 (Ref:1173178)   #94
PipSqueak111
Racer

England
Deepest, darkest Devon
I don't know how you haven't filled this, Stephen? This is approx £150 worth of freebie from JP. It's also the perfect chance to give trackdays a go if you haven't been on one before. Knowing that all the people you'll be on track with are your fellow marshals is great, as you can be fairly sure you're not sharing the track with a bunch of loons in their Max Power'd Novas and Corsas as is often the case with public trackdays.

To anyone reading this who is hesitant about taking part because it's their first time or their car isn't very sporty, I'd say be brave and give it a go. Yes, your first time out is a little nerve wracking, but after the orientation laps and a couple of sessions you quickly get into the feel of it and grow in confidence. And don't let the fact you may drive just an ordinary run-around put you off; some of the people I've seen enjoy trackdays most are those in little 1.0 hatchbacks (I've even seen a people carrier out on track at one trackday!). If you are driving an ordinary car you can reach its limits without driving so fast as in a sportier car. This can be really good for exploring those limits and getting used to how it feels on the limit, which inspires confidence that can transfer across to your road driving.

Stephen and others are putting the effort in to get us these opportunities, so stop umming and arring, be brave and put your name down. You won't regret it.
Old 7 Dec 2004, 12:19 (Ref:1173358)   #95
whatapalaver
Racer

England
Nottingham
whatapalaver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard G
Don't think I'll be going that fast as it's my first track day , so I think it will be me driving round on the right hand side

Well at least to start with

Howard
Me too!
Old 7 Dec 2004, 12:23 (Ref:1173360)   #96
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
I think that as long as people are sensible and don't go out to try and prove they are the next Anthony Reid we should have a great day. Lets hope the weather holds too!
Old 7 Dec 2004, 13:44 (Ref:1173428)   #97
spanner
Veteran

United Kingdom
Mid Beds, "The UK's rubbish dump"
spanner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Antony Reid!! was that a good analogy Stephen with his form this year!!
Old 7 Dec 2004, 14:22 (Ref:1173471)   #98
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
I'll have you know I thought long and hard before choosing that name
Old 7 Dec 2004, 19:46 (Ref:1173760)   #99
Howard G
Rookie

England
Hertfordshire
Howard G should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Green
I think that as long as people are sensible and don't go out to try and prove they are the next Anthony Reid we should have a great day. Lets hope the weather holds too!
Forecast for next Tuesday is cloudy with sunny spells, although I'm sure it will be totally different by the weekend

Will keep fingers crossed

Howard
Old 7 Dec 2004, 21:53 (Ref:1173882)   #100
Gnomex
Veteran

Gnomex should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A quick question - has a "dress code" been agreed? Are we in "orange" mode for the day? To my mind it would make sense to be in orange.