Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 11 Feb 2005, 09:28 (Ref:1222787)   #76
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic
.......Don't over look the Rollcentre-Nissan tie up this year.

Lola too have a new car coming, there is a tie up with Dyson in the US I think for that for 06.

I hope Champion will run the new Audi next year, Dyson could switch from Lola to Porsche (or is the new Lola going to become the new Porsche?)
Rollcentre, I agree. Martin may just have hit the jackpot with this association.

The Lola/Dyson relationship looks set to continue and I would expect to see Dyson with at least one Lola LMP1 at Le Mans in 2006.

The Porsche/Audi situation is far more difficult to predict. My guess, and it is only a guess, is that Joest will be the key as to who is running which marque. I think Joest would be first choice for both marques with Audi currently in pole position for their services.
Old 11 Feb 2005, 09:51 (Ref:1222796)   #77
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03
The Porsche/Audi situation is far more difficult to predict. My guess, and it is only a guess, is that Joest will be the key as to who is running which marque. I think Joest would be first choice for both marques with Audi currently in pole position for their services.
Indeed, Joest is the preferred team for Audi Sport. They followed Audi to DTM as well and helped with early success in LMP racing.
Old 11 Feb 2005, 20:07 (Ref:1223228)   #78
Garrett
Racer

United States
Atlanta, Georgia
Garrett should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
!Porsche Have Confirmed!

I know that there was a thred already about the topic, but this bit of news gets it own thread. The info is a direct quote from LMSR.net,

" Why Scott is smiling!....Porsche will enter a works LMP2 car at Petit this year (although you could see it as early as April in Europe) also making a privateer package available. They also have given the green light in the boardroom for a new works LMP1 in 2006 This was apparently published today in the British Motorsport News and confirms our report of a new German LMP from a week ago (also thanks to our source close to Porsche for the original info) As always...we are not in the business of publishing rumor. " (LMSR.net)

So, what do you think! Good news for me, because I live 30 minutes from Road Atlanta, home of Petit Le Mans!
I can't wait to see Porsche back on the track!!
Old 11 Feb 2005, 20:09 (Ref:1223232)   #79
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
i'm not sure karl kling is going to eat a years worth of merguez on that snippet...
Old 11 Feb 2005, 23:18 (Ref:1223359)   #80
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
lmsr.net has misquoted Andrew Cotton in Motorsport News.

The article states. "the project has yet to be approved at board level".
Old 12 Feb 2005, 01:52 (Ref:1223412)   #81
Sparky05
Rookie

Sparky05 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
When LMSR isn't stealing their news from DSC, GA, ALMS, or Motorsport.com press releases, it usually isn't that reliable.
Old 12 Feb 2005, 02:01 (Ref:1223414)   #82
Sparky05
Rookie

Sparky05 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
If Porsche returns, I would say it's pretty much a given the American factory team will be Champion.
Old 12 Feb 2005, 03:22 (Ref:1223438)   #83
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
I'd prefer Champion to remain the Audi Sport NA team, while another team stepped up for Porsche. Certainly Job is a capable squad. I also hope that Porsche sells equal customer chassis should they join P1. Of course, we are all making assumptions that they will race in the ALMS, as opposed to LMES and LM.
Old 12 Feb 2005, 04:37 (Ref:1223460)   #84
CorvetteC6R
Rookie

CorvetteC6R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Brumos Porsche could be the team...Dump the GA effort since it seems to be falling behind some others. I'm sure they would race here, its a huge market!
Old 12 Feb 2005, 05:11 (Ref:1223468)   #85
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund
The article states. "the project has yet to be approved at board level".
On this basis, I'd prefer merge the thread 'till we have a real confirmation from Porsche ; No offense by the way, Garrett, you did well in opening it, it could have been THE info...

Free to open another one when the confirmation will be there, though...

Last edited by Fab; 12 Feb 2005 at 05:16.
Old 13 Feb 2005, 00:49 (Ref:1224010)   #86
Karl Kling
Racer

Sweden
Sweden
Karl Kling should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdr
i'm not sure karl kling is going to eat a years worth of merguez on that snippet...
True. It takes more than lmsr.net to make me heat up the frying pan. Who is their source close to Porsche i wonder?

Anyway, what about Gunnar Racing as a possible factory team? Kevin Jeannette has a long history and experience of racing Porsches.
Old 13 Feb 2005, 02:56 (Ref:1224042)   #87
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
...funny how there was nothing whatsoever in Autosport... must have been hell of a scoop by MN...

MN and Autosport may work in the same building, have the same owner and the same publisher, but the there is no love lost between the two titles. Both want to be the best and that usually keeps the editorial standard ultra high, its why the british motorsport press are amongst the best in the world if not the best!

I think Porsche might be hedging thier bets with a P2... you see I'm of the opinion that P1 will be gone sooner rather than later, GTS and P2 will become the premier classes with proper battles between prototypes and GT's for overall classification - it would make the race far better and end the "which Audi will win story of the past few years"

By the way anyone considered this - R9/10 = Porsche?
One of the reasons that the Porsche LMP1 that tested never raced was pressure from the 'family' that Audi should have its day. So they built the Cayenne to spite the world.

Last edited by ss_collins; 13 Feb 2005 at 03:01.
Old 13 Feb 2005, 04:50 (Ref:1224058)   #88
jross427
Racer

jross427 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
do u think the aco changed the rules for 2006 on purpose? to stop the audi domanence, to allow new teams to form, and factories time to devlope new cars? and does anybody know about Panoz, and maybe a new lmp, i know about there gt in alms, but what about the a new proto from them, and whatever happend to the lmp07? did it ever race, i remember the jml team, but the ran the lmp 01

Last edited by jross427; 13 Feb 2005 at 04:51.
Old 13 Feb 2005, 13:00 (Ref:1224306)   #89
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
AJR have long wanted to step up to prototypes, so perhaps a new Porsche LMP2/1 would be their chance. I also can't help wondering if Manfred Freisinger's "developing new businesses in Russia" was a cover for something else...
Old 13 Feb 2005, 15:37 (Ref:1224380)   #90
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I had no idea Autosport and MN were in the same building! Autosport keeps going on about it's "sister publication", that being F1 Racing. It never mentions MN. I guess that shows up their rivalry a bit more, then!
Old 13 Feb 2005, 17:29 (Ref:1224455)   #91
Audi R8R
Racer

Audi R8R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewBob
I had no idea Autosport and MN were in the same building! Autosport keeps going on about it's "sister publication", that being F1 Racing. It never mentions MN. I guess that shows up their rivalry a bit more, then!
They used to be on opposite side of a corridor, but I don't think they are now, in fact, I'm not sure they're actually in the same building anymore, but they are only just up the road.

Could be wrong though.
Old 14 Feb 2005, 10:03 (Ref:1224930)   #92
marcosgt
Racer

England
UK
marcosgt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmarcosgt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Did anyone read ALL the article?

Nothing is confirmed yet and, sadly, it wouldn't be the first time a Porsche Le Mans project has come to nothing.

Maybe they need to divert funds to the upcoming V16 People Carrier?

As for it making MN headline, I was assuming someone had tipped Colin McRae to join the team!

Cheers.

Last edited by marcosgt; 14 Feb 2005 at 10:03.
Old 14 Feb 2005, 19:05 (Ref:1225537)   #93
mariantic
Racer

Scotland
Scotland
mariantic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmariantic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just another thought on the Porsche LMP story. Word is that the tub has been built in the UK. This paragraph jumped out at me from the splendid piece on Endurance racing on the Government Motorsport Unit web site.

" There has been rumour of a Porsche return while Zytek founder Bill Gibson said he had been approached by major manufacturers following the 04S's stunning Le Mans practice. Trevor Foster, managing director of the company's chassis operation, now plays this down but, as mentioned above, Lola's Rupert Manwaring is keen to build an LMP1 version of the new B05/40 for a big name player.
"

The GMU (that's British Government BTW) has astonishingly authoratative articles on the the state of endurance racing and the rule changes.

http://www.gmuweb.com/sub_page.cfm/t...nts/editID/127

Mariantic

Last edited by mariantic; 14 Feb 2005 at 19:08.
Old 14 Feb 2005, 22:02 (Ref:1225696)   #94
DanJR1
Racer

DanJR1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Imagine the fuss a diesel engined Porsche LMP1 would cause just the techincal aspect would be enough to interest me. I wanna see somethin different
Old 15 Apr 2005, 11:31 (Ref:1278814)   #95
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
MN and Autosport are in the same building - in fact the ads teams sit together