Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Club Level Single Seaters

Old 17 May 2006, 08:31 (Ref:1612348)   #76
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Are you sure? That's not good, wanted to see that.
Old 17 May 2006, 08:33 (Ref:1612349)   #77
Grandslammer
Veteran

Wales
Grandslammer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pity if that's true,quite like F3's of any description round Combe .Politics , lack of entries Hope us Marshals are not left twiddling our thumbs
Like the idea of a FF double header
Old 17 May 2006, 10:46 (Ref:1612440)   #78
Reluctant guest
Rookie

Reluctant guest should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ff90
Believe the BRSCC has pulled the Club F3's from the meeting at combe on the 29th May. That leaves a lot of time on the timetable as it was a double header for the F3's, do the FF1600 now get double-header?? Better show for the crowd anyway. Not looking good for the future of the F3 either!!
The answer can be found here: http://www.ff1600.co.uk/index.php?id=1163.

As well as the Open race mentioned in the linked story, there will be an additional Open Sports/Saloons race to fill the other gap left by the Club F3 cancellation.
Old 17 May 2006, 11:05 (Ref:1612456)   #79
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Spoke to someone earlier, it is true, lack of entries...
Old 17 May 2006, 17:18 (Ref:1612737)   #80
Redracer77
Veteran

Redracer77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thats good for me as I have entered the new single seater race as we are in the area after the F4 race at Thruxton on the Sat so a nice ride upto Combe for a few beers in the evening and a race at Combe on the monday

PS Anyone know what gears you need for a zetec at Combe!!!
Old 17 May 2006, 17:44 (Ref:1612760)   #81
Suze
Veteran

England
Whatever gets you round the quickest...?!
Old 17 May 2006, 18:07 (Ref:1612781)   #82
heel'n'toe-no
Veteran

United Kingdom
Albrighton, Shropshire
heel'n'toe-no has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redracer77
Thats good for me as I have entered the new single seater race as we are in the area after the F4 race at Thruxton on the Sat so a nice ride upto Combe for a few beers in the evening and a race at Combe on the monday

PS Anyone know what gears you need for a zetec at Combe!!!

Try two - fourth gears.......
It didn't work for me at Silverstone but in that thing of yours I guess you'd get anything to work. Just put FAST ones in.. AGAIN!!!!!!
Old 17 May 2006, 18:17 (Ref:1612787)   #83
Redracer77
Veteran

I guess Snetterton gears would work okay?

I will have a look at my new chart and see..!!

Why dont you have a play Lee....
Old 17 May 2006, 20:32 (Ref:1612944)   #84
gixxer
Veteran

England
trowbridge wilts
gixxer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redracer77
I guess Snetterton gears would work okay?

I will have a look at my new chart and see..!!

Why dont you have a play Lee....
Think this could turn out to be a very interesting race lets hope its dry...well i do anyway
Old 18 May 2006, 08:26 (Ref:1613221)   #85
heel'n'toe-no
Veteran

United Kingdom
Albrighton, Shropshire
Why dont you have a play Lee....[/QUOTE]

Would have been nice but I will be racing in the Golden Helmet at Kirkistown. Good luck anyway Chris.
Old 18 May 2006, 08:28 (Ref:1613225)   #86
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
GH is on Saturday, Combe is on Monday - no excuse!
Old 18 May 2006, 08:35 (Ref:1613228)   #87
heel'n'toe-no
Veteran

United Kingdom
Albrighton, Shropshire
Is the website going to sponsor my AIRLIFT then?

It's just a bit too much driving for me Ian. I do hope to get to Combe for at least 1 meeting this year though.
Old 29 May 2006, 18:54 (Ref:1622281)   #88
gixxer
Veteran

England
trowbridge wilts
Don't worry Matt you will beat Ed at some point this year

The battle with Bob higgins and justin Hawkins was also superb as was the race between Pat and steven

Then there was Matt Darcy who has got to be the most unluckiest racer today,a rather expensive one to with an off in qualifying and then taken out in the race what a nightmare,hope your're not too battered and bruised Matt
Old 30 May 2006, 19:24 (Ref:1623211)   #89
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Matt Rivett post-race interview was worth the journey to Combe alone..
Old 30 May 2006, 21:46 (Ref:1623340)   #90
Redracer77
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Friel
The Matt Rivett post-race interview was worth the journey to Combe alone..
I second that
Old 31 May 2006, 12:18 (Ref:1623745)   #91
Marshal
Veteran

Marshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMarshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yes indeed. Nice one Matt
Old 31 May 2006, 12:20 (Ref:1623747)   #92
mattray
Veteran

mattray has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
lol, someone had to say it!
Old 31 May 2006, 14:13 (Ref:1623836)   #93
edmse
Rookie

edmse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As you regulars of this site will realise I very rarely post on here, but feel compelled to with the comments I have recently seen following Mattray's latest outburst at Castle Combe on Monday and follow up comment today.

When Matt Rivett set his lap record, did I or my team insinuate unsavoury goings on? No. We just put extra effort into making our cars faster.

I cannot allow nonsense like this to carry on. If Matt Rivett hate's being beaten so badly and is such a poor sportsman then perhaps he should go elsewhere. A fact of all sport is that we all get beaten at some point and a gentleman and true sportsman will handle this correctly.

Let's remember both myself and another winning driver had an engine sealed last year and were found to be 100% legal.

My team work hard and tirelessly for our success and I will not allow our efforts to be tarnished by a few jealous people.

My family have contributed hugely to FF1600 over 34 years by being active competitors, advising many other drivers and at the same time I have introduced many new drivers to the category. I would hope that others involved in FF1600 would be supportive rather than nasty at the first available opportunity. I have been well advised in the past to stay off these forums, but on this occasion enough is enough!

On a more positive note it was lovely to see Alan Hamilton at Combe and we at Motorsport Events wish him well.

To all true FF1600 enthusiasts and true sportsmen have a safe and enjoyable remainder of the 2006 season.

Ed Moore
Old 31 May 2006, 14:32 (Ref:1623849)   #94
mattray
Veteran

mattray has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I dont think it's that that Dan and Marshal are commenting on Ed.

I have never insinuated anything other then your engine is better then mine, and that it can clearly be seen by everyone.
Old 31 May 2006, 18:44 (Ref:1624050)   #95
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For more than one reason it is of course vitally important that the legality of race cars aren't discussed in such forums. There's an obvious time and a place for that! However, this is the place to discuss a bit of post race chat and I did enjoy all of it on Monday. It certainly makes Combe an attractive place to come and watch motorsport!

I guess the only way to really understand the capabilities of an engine is to both attend a rolling road session.. Anyone standing at Folly corner would be able to form an opinion, but that's rather irrelevant.

I hope the racing continues to be as good as it has so far this year.
Old 31 May 2006, 18:47 (Ref:1624054)   #96
gixxer
Veteran

England
trowbridge wilts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattray
I dont think it's that that Dan and Marshal are commenting on Ed.

I have never insinuated anything other then your engine is better then mine, and that it can clearly be seen by everyone.
It all comes down who's got enough cash to get the best, Peter Dempsey is another example!

it would be good to see how well They'd both do using your car Matt,but with their own set up and vice versa!

Now that would be entertaining

Ed everybody is entitled to have an opinion you've got a good engine but it also needs somebody to drive it nobody can take that fact away its up to the rest to catch up
Old 31 May 2006, 19:58 (Ref:1624107)   #97
youngoldy
Racer

United Kingdom
Somewhereorotherville
youngoldy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I was having a go in the FF's at Combe on ToCA 3 just before, and I have just wondered. How hard is it to actually win at Combe as a rookie?

On tracks like Oulton, rookie's seem to win there pretty easily. Anglesey is the same (well, unless you get high up the grid there you have little chance of reaching the top step, unless you make a mega start).
I know KMR have a couple of cars out there, Matt Rivett seems quite good there. Ed Moore I would presume is also good there. Pat Blakeney springs to mind...

But has there been anyone over the years who has stood out most as being a Combe expert?
Old 31 May 2006, 20:10 (Ref:1624118)   #98
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Have a look at this:

http://www.ff1600.co.uk/index.php?id=278
Old 31 May 2006, 20:39 (Ref:1624137)   #99
youngoldy
Racer

United Kingdom
Somewhereorotherville
youngoldy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Interesting read that.

Gavin seems to be very good at any thing to do with motorsport. The Swift 92 he made looks very nice in red with stickers added. West-Tec have there own 92 Swift in red which is a very nice looking car.

Combe seems a really nice track. I have never been before, but hopefully I will I remember watching the F3's around there in the year Nelson Piquet Jnr checked it into the meadow (well, a field where the grass was very long)

Just the watching the FF's go round some of the corners must be brill. Not sure what kind of speeds they set around there, but I'm sure they are geared quite high.

But I've heard that you can't go and spectate at some points on the circuit. Shame if it's the quicker corners, be ace to watch there. I quite like to right hander before the second cicane, not so sure on the name of that corner.
Old 31 May 2006, 20:45 (Ref:1624140)   #100
Redracer77
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngoldy
Interesting read that.

Gavin seems to be very good at any thing to do with motorsport. The Swift 92 he made looks very nice in red with stickers added. West-Tec have there own 92 Swift in red which is a very nice looking car.

Combe seems a really nice track. I have never been before, but hopefully I will I remember watching the F3's around there in the year Nelson Piquet Jnr checked it into the meadow (well, a field where the grass was very long)

Just the watching the FF's go round some of the corners must be brill. Not sure what kind of speeds they set around there, but I'm sure they are geared quite high.

But I've heard that you can't go and spectate at some points on the circuit. Shame if it's the quicker corners, be ace to watch there. I quite like to right hander before the second cicane, not so sure on the name of that corner.

Combe is a really nice track. I would love to drive the old track when it was balls out all the way round.