Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 2 Aug 2007, 23:02 (Ref:1979493)   #76
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy

Champcar is the one model I do not have,
I do
Old 2 Aug 2007, 23:07 (Ref:1979501)   #77
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Dunno if I've told you guys, but I will begoing to Dover for the September race, and will be picking up a CoT, and normal version of JPM's stockcars, long with plenty of pictures.
Old 3 Aug 2007, 21:05 (Ref:1980136)   #78
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V
I do
I gave you the bloody link to the store V!

Although I note you didn't buy me one.
Old 6 Aug 2007, 20:42 (Ref:1982854)   #79
J-C
Racer

England
Northants, UK
J-C should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Big Red car arrived today and looks absolutely stunning, the quality of the paintwork is excellent. Will look great next to the Texaco/Havoline car.

Also picked up a couple of the 1:64 "Select" models (Texaco and Big Red liveries) for my desk at work and was again pleasantly surprised at the quality considering at current exchange rates they're about £5 each - they're proper little models with opening bonnet/engine detail and nice packaging that allows you to see the model from all angles.
Old 6 Aug 2007, 21:12 (Ref:1982892)   #80
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Mine hasn't arrived yet. Typical.

Where do you order from J-C?
Old 6 Aug 2007, 22:23 (Ref:1982948)   #81
J-C
Racer

England
Northants, UK
Ordered direct from Ganassi's website - arrived in less than a week. Think I paid more than you though (around the £40 mark), where did you order yours from?
Old 7 Aug 2007, 15:57 (Ref:1983485)   #82
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

eBay seller. As always really.

Ganassi site is just NASCAR.com prices really.
Old 7 Aug 2007, 18:55 (Ref:1983622)   #83
J-C
Racer

England
Northants, UK
Yes, I didn't realise the NASCAR models were quite so cheap on eBay. I have had notification today that the 1:18 orange MP4-21 is due in the UK on 21st August, if the 1:43 is anything to go by, it should be a great model.
Old 7 Aug 2007, 19:01 (Ref:1983624)   #84
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

I got the same notification.

Bound to be great really. It is a combination of the fantastic paintwork already done on the MP4/20's and the fantastic MP4/21 model.

Bring it on!

One NASCAR I wish would be released BTW is the grey testcar they used at Daytona Pre-Season Thunder. I've seen it in 1/64, but this is just not good enough.
Old 8 Aug 2007, 09:39 (Ref:1983856)   #85
J-C
Racer

England
Northants, UK
Yep, the 1:64 grey testcar is in the "Winners Circle" range which is the toy level unfortunately. The "Drivers Select" 1:64s are pretty good but they're only repeating the 1:24s in this scale. Would be nice if they did the grey car in 1:24, or maybe the #30 Charger from Homestead last season. Instead it seems they're doing some fictitious Christmas livery on the Charger model in 1:24.
Old 8 Aug 2007, 16:47 (Ref:1984173)   #86
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

That christmas livery has been bugging me, can't believe they are actually making that crap!

There are decal sets for the #30 Homestead Charger....I am thinking of having a go at that, but may wait to see if they decide to release one of those.
Old 8 Aug 2007, 19:32 (Ref:1984305)   #87
J-C
Racer

England
Northants, UK
Indeed, the Christmas livery is utterly pointless...I can understand maybe as a bit of fun in 1:64 but applying a fictitious livery to a 1:24 is just a cash-in job.

The 1st Busch win model seems to have vanished from most of the main sites, it's a real shame if it has been canned as that would be far more worthwhile. The Big Red livery is being run on the CoT at the Glen this weekend as well.

Will be interested to hear how the Big Red car compares to the Elite Texaco/Havoline car you have - have seen a few of the Elite ones on eBay but difficult to see the improvements in the pictures.
Old 8 Aug 2007, 21:40 (Ref:1984431)   #88
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

I've got the Big Red today actually.

It is really details that are missing compared to the elite off the top of my head. Things like interior, slightly less quality with the paintwork, no moveable suspension. I'll probably have a closer look tomorrow.

All largely irrelevant stuff. I do like the boxes the Elite models come in though, much better. But I have no issues with the quality of the standard cars at all.

Have you seen those gold plated versions on eBay too? Such a pointless variant!

I do hope the Busch car hasn't been canned.

There is a Sonoma raced CoT coming out too. Another for the list...

Last edited by Knowlesy; 8 Aug 2007 at 21:44.
Old 13 Aug 2007, 20:41 (Ref:1987893)   #89
J-C
Racer

England
Northants, UK
Thought I'd post a couple of pictures of my JPM 1:18/1:24 collection (plus the 1:43 Champcar). Hope these aren't too big for the forum.

Full-res

Full-res
Old 13 Aug 2007, 20:54 (Ref:1987908)   #90
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Urgh - please don't do that - you'll tempt me to splash the cash myself!!

Nice collection
Old 14 Aug 2007, 00:59 (Ref:1988055)   #91
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Now, I don't know which scheme to buy when I go to Dover, haha. Big Red or Texaco in the old car style, or which one for the new car style? Haha.
Old 14 Aug 2007, 14:11 (Ref:1988432)   #92
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
My problem with the Nascar collection is that there is just so damn many available, or so it seems, almost one car on sale for every races he's done! That's soon gonna get expensive.
Old 14 Aug 2007, 14:18 (Ref:1988440)   #93
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Heh, if you think the JPM NASCAR collection would be expensive, try a Dale Earnhardt Sr, or Jeff Gordon one. I shudder to think how much that would be.
Old 14 Aug 2007, 15:51 (Ref:1988527)   #94
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

The NASCAR models are relatively cheap though.

I'll have to get my collection posted someday. Maybe when I get the orange Mac in a week or two.
Old 14 Aug 2007, 17:05 (Ref:1988597)   #95
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
How much do the F1 models usually cost? I know the stockcar ones are $64.95.
Old 14 Aug 2007, 17:23 (Ref:1988620)   #96
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Cheap? Maybe. Space filling? Certainly.

I need a couple of years of not buying models. Both to let the bank balance recover and for the desire not to turn the entire house into a display cabinet
Old 14 Aug 2007, 17:35 (Ref:1988631)   #97
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
I know what you mean, and I have only just embarked on my collection building voyage!

Missus ain't to keen on them taking over so even my JPM FW25 has had to stay in my office out of the way along with my older models that I got as presents and stuff when I was young like a JV FW18, Loeb Xsara, Lehto B194 and Comas Ligier (both 1:24), Zanardi 99I and my trusty ancient Candy Tyrrell 009, JPS Lotus 77 and rather knackered Hotwheels 1:25 diecasts from the early 80's and random Bburago saloons.

She only lets me have my Senna Minichamps MP4/8 in the lounge.

I plan to annex 1:18 models for all JPM's F1 years (some are well rare I know) and possibly one of this years NASCAR liveries. I have to say i'm getting used to the look of the real life Cot car and actually prefer it to the other style, so might plump for the Cot when I buy one.

Expect there's already more choice with those as well isn't there?

Last edited by chunterer; 14 Aug 2007 at 17:40.
Old 14 Aug 2007, 17:42 (Ref:1988640)   #98
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Two CoT so far. The first win (race worn) and standard car.

I wonder if they will release the Big Red version too. Complete with Harvick/Montoya figurines slugging it out.
Old 14 Aug 2007, 17:44 (Ref:1988643)   #99
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy
Two CoT so far. The first win (race worn) and standard car.

I wonder if they will release the Big Red version too. Complete with Harvick/Montoya figurines slugging it out.
Excellent!! the race worn car must look ace! Yes a figurine special edition 'bout' version would be funny.
Old 14 Aug 2007, 18:38 (Ref:1989016)   #100
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
I think I've made up my mind for the JPM cars I'm gonna get, haha. First win race-worn Telmex Busch car, and RaceWorn Infineon Avenger.

Tags
jpm