Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 11 Jul 2006, 14:32 (Ref:1653521)   #76
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Interesting to see Steve Govett on the reserves list too - what car has he got now? Good to see him returning after the big off at Lydden last year.
Old 11 Jul 2006, 14:58 (Ref:1653542)   #77
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chezza
Thats a shame Al, but also very nice of you. Hopefully catch up with you again soon.
I'll be back, just got a building project underway at my shop premises at the moment so I will concerntrate on that as it was not confirmed.
Old 11 Jul 2006, 15:07 (Ref:1653559)   #78
martinlabatts
Racer

United Kingdom
southampton
martinlabatts should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
we are sixth reserve so fingers crossed we will race.

the merc evo2 will be great fun round brands,
Old 11 Jul 2006, 15:23 (Ref:1653576)   #79
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hoping maybe I can get down and actually see the racing this time, unlike Combe!
Old 11 Jul 2006, 16:06 (Ref:1653628)   #80
Tim Wilkinson
Veteran

England
Essex
Tim Wilkinson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2
Interesting to see Steve Govett on the reserves list too - what car has he got now? Good to see him returning after the big off at Lydden last year.
He was out in a "Toyota Avensis" (Eurocar type thing?) at the MSV season opener. It went bang, I think.
Old 11 Jul 2006, 16:24 (Ref:1653650)   #81
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Aaah I see, fair enough Al have to look after the business...it pays for the racing!!

Suze, timetable is available on the usual site if you've not seen it already and you along with all the others are welcome to come to the festivities on saturday night if you would like!
Old 11 Jul 2006, 18:18 (Ref:1653743)   #82
Alan Cherry
Veteran

England
Alan Cherry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Suze, timetable is available on the usual site if you've not seen it already and you along with all the others are welcome to come to the festivities on saturday night if you would like!
Anyone know anything about the quiznite thingy ? Is it all motor racin based, or are there some general questions too ? How about ' who finished 3rd in class c of the TRC series last year ? (50 pts)
Old 11 Jul 2006, 18:45 (Ref:1653770)   #83
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
No idea...you'd have to ask Sue about the quiz! Rounders is on though.
Old 11 Jul 2006, 18:54 (Ref:1653776)   #84
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Aaah I see, fair enough Al have to look after the business...
If it was a cnfirmed entry I would not have wihdrawn business or not.
Old 11 Jul 2006, 19:23 (Ref:1653788)   #85
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Someone earlier said that Brands would get more revenue. Arguably there might be a negligble amount of extra spectator income, but there won't be anything from competitors. In any case I believe that BARC SE pay for a grid en bloc.

Also reducing other qualifying sessions would be completely unacceptable.
Old 11 Jul 2006, 20:15 (Ref:1653841)   #86
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
Oh thanks for bringing that up again Ian...I thought we'd managed to get past all this.
Old 11 Jul 2006, 20:31 (Ref:1653850)   #87
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That's OK, not dropped into this thread for a couple of days but thought it would be worth pointing out that you can't go round cutting the track time for one paying championship to benefit another!
Old 11 Jul 2006, 20:41 (Ref:1653863)   #88
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
That is a good point, but I just don't want to get into the whole discussion again!
Old 11 Jul 2006, 20:42 (Ref:1653864)   #89
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:

Where are they being held, can the riceman and his likkle nephew go?
Old 11 Jul 2006, 20:59 (Ref:1653876)   #90
R59
Veteran

Heard and McDonald Islands
Bedfordshire
R59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Goes back to one of my old arguments that it would be better for the circuit to organise the meetings, and invite whom so ever they 'want' to fill their grids. I have a feeling that at Brands, DTRC would be on JP's list!!

Mark my words, the days of the clubs running meetings are numbered.

It's also a shame that there's a curfew on Brands, they could have extended the day's events by 20-30mins.

Rob.
Old 11 Jul 2006, 21:08 (Ref:1653880)   #91
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by racing59
It's also a shame that there's a curfew on Brands, they could have extended the day's events by 20-30mins.

Rob.
Apart from the residents who may not want noise after 6.30pm plus the marshals who probably wont be too happy to do a 12hour day.
Could we now get this back on thread please.
Old 11 Jul 2006, 23:03 (Ref:1653998)   #92
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
Well said.

Remember guys you go out there for 15ish mins at a time and only 2 or 3 a day but thats it. The marshals are out there ALL day, from about half 8 til usually 6, with 45mins to an hour off for lunch if they're lucky and you think racing round for 15 mins is hard work!! Also remember they're out there in all weathers...you go out and boil in the heat for a race...but you come in and get a cold drink and hide in the shade for the rest of the day they're outside frying all day...you go out and race in the soggy for a race and whinge cos its wet...again the marshals are out there all day! Have some consideration guys, a race meeting doesn't just revolve around you, there are many factors to consider, you can't just stick in another race.

Anyway...

Tim, festivities including rounders and a quiz (according to that website were always talking about) are being held in/outside the kentagon on saturday evening, I'm not sure what time...I'd have thought Rod would be able to advise further! Food and drink will be available!
Old 12 Jul 2006, 07:02 (Ref:1654153)   #93
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Plus of course (final word Tim!) some of have homes to go to as well!
Old 12 Jul 2006, 07:35 (Ref:1654165)   #94
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I want to go....we're both free, and Sam wants to go to so looks like we'll be there. Be good, and hopefully much better whether than the DTRC in April
Old 12 Jul 2006, 13:15 (Ref:1654466)   #95
MikeHoyer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northampton, UK
MikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I should be going, looks like a good, busy meeting.
Old 13 Jul 2006, 19:05 (Ref:1655604)   #96
R59
Veteran

Heard and McDonald Islands
Bedfordshire
R59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Any road up, ministry of silly ideas aside, it looks like it's going to be a busy busy day.

I've just chucked my hat in to the ring for the August meeting.

My knees are a little wobbly, waiting for a new set of rings from the States, which have been send by USPS, not by a courier.... I hope they don't send them by boat, via Kowloon.....
And my next outing is Donington 5th August.....

Watch out Class E, my Nova (known as Clint, after Dirty Harry, as it's a baby verson of Harry, but filthy) is soon to enter the workshop for yet another rejuvenation. (and as a stopgap just in case!!)

Rob.
Old 14 Jul 2006, 04:51 (Ref:1655840)   #97
grichie87
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Kingsdown
grichie87 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well is it about time we were able to get more track time, same old same old. We need to punch our weight and start to lean on the powers that be to get the recognision we deserve. big grids, close racing, fair and clean racing. Come on peeps lets push a bit harder.
Borris x
Old 14 Jul 2006, 07:00 (Ref:1655874)   #98
graham bahr
Veteran

England
cambs
graham bahr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgraham bahr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
more track time will equil bigger entry fee's, one of the reasons for the popularity of our format is the relativly cheap racing, which will dissappear with higher entry fees and running costs associated with more track time

its not speed thats dangerous, just the sudden lack of it!
Old 14 Jul 2006, 07:13 (Ref:1655878)   #99
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Track time is fine as is IMHO, I did two 20 minute plus races in a day at the Rock recently and I was absolutely knackered, I really like the present format (less chance of getting lapped by Rod!):-).
Old 14 Jul 2006, 08:31 (Ref:1655952)   #100
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
Graham is right.

While we can be totally that we will fill one grid competely with reserves we cannot be sure that we will fill two grids. This would mean an increase on entry frees. Also if we were to keep it at one grid but with longer races, again it would increase the entry fees. But i think we've had this discussion on more than one occassion.