Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 11 Dec 2006, 06:20 (Ref:1787523)   #76
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think in summary to the original point of the thread

CC in 07 offer atleast the same international coverage as they did in 2004 when GC organisers went into bat for CC at the hearing.

So unless the whole event goes belly up, which is as likely as Emmo starting his CC in 07, than CC will be apart of the event.
Old 11 Dec 2006, 06:26 (Ref:1787533)   #77
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
South of Sydney NSW, Australie
275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Layne

Well I think the thread should be used to congratulate Australian Layne Beachley who has won her 7th World Surfing title
Old 11 Dec 2006, 06:39 (Ref:1787547)   #78
Robert Ryan
Veteran

Robert Ryan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
CC in 07 offer atleast the same international coverage as they did in 2004 when GC organisers went into bat for CC at the hearing.
Where you get conclusion is beyond anything Indycool and myself have contributed. You have not answered the "Race Director" question and you have come up with this completely unfounded fabrication? Where is the evidence?
Old 11 Dec 2006, 06:52 (Ref:1787556)   #79
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Are you saying the CC championship had more international coverage and credibility in 03 and 04 when the championship ran on Spike Tv amongst other things.

Luke gave the RD number
Old 11 Dec 2006, 06:55 (Ref:1787560)   #80
Robert Ryan
Veteran

Quote:
Are you saying the CC championship had more international coverage and credibility in 03 and 04 when the championship ran on Spike Tv amongst other things.
No..but there is No justification for this
Quote:
CC in 07 offer atleast the same international coverage as they did in 2004
Quote:
Luke gave the RD number
They were poor
Old 11 Dec 2006, 07:10 (Ref:1787572)   #81
D.R.T.
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Ryan
No..but there is No justification for this
Is there justification for saying it has less ?
Old 11 Dec 2006, 07:17 (Ref:1787582)   #82
Robert Ryan
Veteran

Quote:
Is there justification for saying it has less ?
It does not matter if you cannot justify it. It means as little saying it will expand or will shrink, if you have no idea about what you are saying.
Old 11 Dec 2006, 07:37 (Ref:1787592)   #83
D.R.T.
Veteran

So after six pages we have found nothing to justify and suggest anything will change about the Indy 300 in the future.

Anything new to add ?

So lets look foward to the 2007.
Old 11 Dec 2006, 07:39 (Ref:1787593)   #84
Robert Ryan
Veteran

Quote:
So after six pages we have found nothing to justify and suggest anything will change about the Indy 300 in the future.
No we have found that this statement is a complete fabrication and unjustified
Quote:
CC in 07 offer atleast the same international coverage as they did in 2004
Old 11 Dec 2006, 07:45 (Ref:1787601)   #85
Robert Ryan
Veteran

Quote:
[suggest anything will change about the Indy 300 in the future.
We are not talking about the race..change of subject midstream...just the ratings internationally.

Last edited by Robert Ryan; 11 Dec 2006 at 07:48.
Old 11 Dec 2006, 09:46 (Ref:1787719)   #86
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
South of Sydney NSW, Australie
275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pollies

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T.
Chris, the reason the Qld Gov support the event is because of the international exposure, not national exposure.
and because it makes them popular....if it begins to smell...they will be out of there as quick as you can say Peter Beattie
Old 11 Dec 2006, 09:51 (Ref:1787726)   #87
Robert Ryan
Veteran

Quote:
if it begins to smell...they will be out of there as quick as you can say Peter Beattie
LOL...How True.
Old 11 Dec 2006, 11:01 (Ref:1787803)   #88
D.R.T.
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 275 GTB-4
and because it makes them popular....if it begins to smell...they will be out of there as quick as you can say Peter Beattie
No argument there, but who says its beginning to smell.
Old 11 Dec 2006, 11:16 (Ref:1787817)   #89
indycool
Veteran

indycool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridindycool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is really a good forum to discuss international coverage because of all the countries represented here.

I reside in the U.S. On this forum, I have seen posts from Canadians, British, Mexicans, Australians and others complaining about series coverage in their respective countries. There has been a particular flap about Mexican coverage, in particular, as compared to when CART, then CC in '04, had the Mexican races and Fernandez and Jourdain and the Mexican sponsors were in the series. I'm not even sure all the races were shown there in '06, judging from some of the posts I've read.

Spike TV in '04 in the U.S. has absolutely NOTHING to do with international coverage.

That MAY improve -- and I have no idea how it's done -- with ESPN's international distribution IF CC bought into that part, too, which we don't know and I have no idea of ESPN's "reach" in, say, Denmark.

But to say it's automatically "better" without knowing any of those details is "off the wall."
Old 11 Dec 2006, 13:13 (Ref:1787961)   #90
D.R.T.
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by indycool

Spike TV in '04 in the U.S. has absolutely NOTHING to do with international coverage.
It did in that an earlier post had the idea of international covergage as the poor figures in the US. Not thinking about all the other countries.

Out of interest how many nations across the world does CC go to ?

Quote:
I have seen posts from Canadians, British, Mexicans, Australians and others complaining about series coverage in their respective countries.
I agree. However from an Australian point of view, there isnt a sporting code in this country where we dont complain about the coverage provided, not only CC. Eg. Our F1 covergae and I cant say thats lacking in international exposure.

I think posts in the CC forum show that CC reaches and creates interest in many diverse countries.

Besides F1, what other forum boasts continued posting from people all over the globe.

Quote:
But to say it's automatically "better" without knowing any of those details is "off the wall."
I think the point is, that it wont be any worse.

Last edited by D.R.T.; 11 Dec 2006 at 13:15.
Old 11 Dec 2006, 18:39 (Ref:1788207)   #91
Robert Ryan
Veteran

Quote:
Besides F1, what other forum boasts continued posting from people all over the globe.
How many do you want? NASCAR: DTM;V8Supercar;WRC;etc
Quote:
I agree. However from an Australian point of view, there isnt a sporting code in this country where we dont complain about the coverage provided
National..not International coverage
Quote:
think the point is, that it wont be any worse.
Again an irrational answer...How do you know?
Old 11 Dec 2006, 18:50 (Ref:1788217)   #92
Robert Ryan
Veteran

Quote:
Indycool totally agree with that statement...and I have tried to make it clear that DRT's certainty about the international ratings has absolutely no basis.
Old 11 Dec 2006, 19:06 (Ref:1788228)   #93
indycool
Veteran

indycool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridindycool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
DRT, I have no idea how many countries, or the extent of coverage in those countries, or the extent of viewership in those countries are for CC. We hear, on this forum, this and that about coverage in specific countries. And much of it is complaining.
Old 11 Dec 2006, 19:36 (Ref:1788239)   #94
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
OK its about Australian TV coverage but as the above say Champ Car coverage thoughout he world is small, Champ Car is shown live on Eurosport in over 55 countries alone.
Eurosport isn't the best, but they have a tight schedule with all the European sport they show.
When Champ Car was on MotorsTV they were much better in terms of promising to show every race live etc, season reviews etc..
Old 11 Dec 2006, 19:53 (Ref:1788259)   #95
Robert Ryan
Veteran

Quote:
OK its about Australian TV coverage but as the above say Champ Car coverage thoughout he world is small
Thanks Luke.
Old 11 Dec 2006, 20:04 (Ref:1788262)   #96
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What are you trying to prove over on the Champ Car board again Ryan?
I didn't say I said that, I was saying for the people that said this, and then I gave an example of one TV channel that shows live coverage in nearly 60 countries in one continent!
I'd appreicate Ryan if you didn't turn around what I didn't say.
Champ car is obviously second to Formula 1 in terms of world wide exspoure TV wise for an open wheel series and I guess you could say any other type of series, other then the Indy 500 race. NASCAR is not popular anywhere else comapred to what it is in the US and other then touring car series, or sports cars that are not shown in as many countries and I know that the IRL isn't shown in as many countries as other open wheel series other then the Indy 500 of course.
Just check out the website, I dont know if it sill lists it but it used to list what channel to watch in your country. The only country I know personally currently that doesn't show Champ Car is Japan, which is still more popular than the IRL which is a bit strange considering they no longer don't have a race there and no more Japanese drivers, but that's going off topic a bit.
The bottom line is, I can't see what's bad for you guys, seeing Champ Car live on ESPN next year down under? If that's the case.
Ryan and Indycool that's clearly going to be better then 2am sorry I or DRT can't prove that, just its obvious!

Last edited by luke; 11 Dec 2006 at 20:14. Reason: adjusting typos
Old 11 Dec 2006, 20:15 (Ref:1788270)   #97
indycool
Veteran

Luke, it may be shown in those countries, but how many watch it? And how can you say CC is more popular in Japan when there's no way to tell, they don't run there and there's no TV there?

The IRL has ESPN's international distribution, which I know to be broad. And I don't know what that means for it, either, as far as viewership goes internationally.

The past year, on this board and two others, Mexican posters were complaining about no CC coverage for selected races and then we heard around midseason that it got straightened out to a certain extent. If there are posters from Mexico on the board, maybe you can elaborate because I don't recall the details.

I respectively do not believe for a minute that you even know if CC is second to F1 international TV. I don't. And I don't think anyone on this or any other board has that knowledge.
Old 11 Dec 2006, 20:20 (Ref:1788275)   #98
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
Quote:
Luke, it may be shown in those countries, but how many watch it? And how can you say CC is more popular in Japan when there's no way to tell, they don't run there and there's no TV there?
This is offtopic and I knew you would no doubt ask. It was in an article that I posted here some time ago I think it was when the whole Otaru idea was being launched around Long Beach time.

Quote:
I respectively do not believe for a minute that you even know if CC is second to F1 international TV. I don't. And I don't think anyone on this or any other board has that knowledge.
Maybe, maybe not, but the fact is Champ Car like Formula 1, and the IRL is a leading open wheel series, they are no doubt shown in more countries and globaly watched more throughout the world then other types of motor racing.
Old 11 Dec 2006, 21:08 (Ref:1788318)   #99
indycool
Veteran

I don't know. I understand rallying is very popular in Europe. The V8s are apparently pretty popular in Australia. Quite possibly in some countries the "local" motor racing scene and popularity is different....like the U.S., where NASCAR ratings blow away F1.

Another thing is population of the various countries. The U.S. has around 300 million people. Canada has considerably less. Other countries have more or less. A CC or IRL or F1 telecast may be available in some poorer small country where there are only 200 TV sets, but it's another country.

As I posted before, one would need to be integrally involved in the international TV business to know the real meanings of anything that's going to show up as speculation here. I ain't.
Old 11 Dec 2006, 21:32 (Ref:1788339)   #100
Robert Ryan
Veteran

Quote:
they are no doubt shown in more countries and globaly watched more throughout the world then other types of motor racing.
It is a case of how many watch it...like NFL, Baseball are shown worldwide as well..who watches them?
As far as the topic goes it will not be shown in Australia.
Luke I thought , you said it had a poor viewership..misunderstood your post.