Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 3 Sep 2007, 18:52 (Ref:2002902)   #76
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yeah, that's the frustrating thing. I read elsewhere from a contributor that Rossi had been exposed as "just another average rider who had lost his advantage" whilst "Stoner turns out to be the real deal".

People don't take a balanced view because the picture is distorted.
Old 3 Sep 2007, 19:39 (Ref:2002947)   #77
Gerben24
Veteran

Netherlands
Heerenveen
Gerben24 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I just finished watching the 250cc and Motogp (so I might not be totally awake ).

Even though the Motogp race was boring, there are a few interesting changes going on in Motogp. Ducati has been the best bike since the start of the season. Suzuki finally found their pre-season form since Laguna Seca. A year ago nobody would have thought that those 2 constructors would be the best bikes at this time. Another surprise is Chris V. I did not see this form coming, hope it is not a fluke. However, had the top 3 Michelin riders not been eliminated after 5 laps, I doubt if the top 5 would have been Bridgestone riders.

I know most of you think the racing is boring (excluding you guys from that red rock in the Pacific Ocean ), but don't you guys watch the 125s and 250s? I havent seen the 125s from Misano, but the BRNO race was brilliant. The 250 race in Misano was good as well. These classes are NOT support classes for the Motogp in my view, but very competitive Grand Prix World Championship rounds.
Old 3 Sep 2007, 20:13 (Ref:2002981)   #78
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
125's and 250's are excellent, they have saved the season especially lately.
Old 3 Sep 2007, 20:41 (Ref:2003012)   #79
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well said both guys, for many years the 125 cvlass has has the best races of any weekend, and its only really coz of the disparity between the haves and have nots in 250 that the class has slightly naffer racing.

As the guys on EuroS said Dovi is a class act too and no one else could get close to Lorenzo on that rocketship Priller, I think they just jetted it a bit too lean in a bid to get some speed, whereas Lorenzo probly runs as rich as he needs to

Is a shame Honda dont come back with an NSR as the bike they are using is basically almost the same deal as Luca was running in 92, a proddy RS!!

Having said that the Priller has been the same since the same time really, just been very well developed.
Old 3 Sep 2007, 20:57 (Ref:2003024)   #80
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Dovi has impressed me more than anyone in the lower classes to be honest. I reckon he'll go far in the top class.

He is a total class act.
Old 3 Sep 2007, 22:10 (Ref:2003096)   #81
bestfit
Veteran

Australia
In a state of total confusion.
bestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll second that!

I hope if he does move to MotoGP next year, he ends up on a competative bike. He deserves it.
Old 3 Sep 2007, 22:12 (Ref:2003098)   #82
bestfit
Veteran

Australia
In a state of total confusion.
bestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Is a shame Honda dont come back with an NSR as the bike they are using is basically almost the same deal as Luca was running in 92, a proddy RS!!
Unfortunately, I don't think Honda will put significant resources into 250's until they are back on top in MotoGP.
Old 4 Sep 2007, 04:03 (Ref:2003222)   #83
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Monday test times from Missano:

1. Casey Stoner (B) 1min 34.11 secs
2. Nicky Hayden (M) 1min 34.26 secs
3. Dani Pedrosa (M) 1min 34.36 secs
4. Valentino Rossi (M) 1min 34.37 secs
5. Marco Melandri (B) 1min 34.37 secs
6. Colin Edwards (M) 1min 34.40 secs
7. Randy de Puniet (B) 1min 34.54 secs
8. John Hopkins (B) 1min 34.58 secs
9. Carlos Checa (M) 1min 34.66 secs
10. Sylvain Guintoli (D) 1min 35.31 secs
11. Chris Vermeulen (B) 1min 35.37 secs
12. Toni Elias (B) 1min 35.44 secs
13. Anthony West (B) 1min 35.61 secs
14. Loris Capirossi (B) 1min 35.79 secs
15. Makoto Tamada (D) 1min 47.07 secs

http://www.crash.net/news_view~cid~6~id~153965.htm
Old 4 Sep 2007, 05:51 (Ref:2003243)   #84
FPV GTHO
Veteran

Australia
St Marys, NSW
FPV GTHO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerben24
I know most of you think the racing is boring (excluding you guys from that red rock in the Pacific Ocean ), but don't you guys watch the 125s and 250s? I havent seen the 125s from Misano, but the BRNO race was brilliant. The 250 race in Misano was good as well. These classes are NOT support classes for the Motogp in my view, but very competitive Grand Prix World Championship rounds.
Those watching the free coverage on CH10 might not, as its a delayed coverage usually and they show the MotoGP race first. Those paying extra for cable TV and have the sports channels and can watch it live might watch all 3.
Old 4 Sep 2007, 07:38 (Ref:2003282)   #85
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Don't worry, I do.
Old 4 Sep 2007, 08:07 (Ref:2003300)   #86
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am loving the fact the Aussies are doing great i'm not likeing the way it is Stoner miles ahead of the Suzuki's Rossi behind them the n the rest, however we only get highlights of the 125's so ican't realy say about them but the 250cc racing has been great.