Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 25 Sep 2009, 10:14 (Ref:2547888)   #976
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Down F0rce View Post
Autosport has a pic of one of the cars:

Reminded me of this:

Old 25 Sep 2009, 10:14 (Ref:2547890)   #977
Rgms320
Racer

United States
Seattle
Rgms320 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
This is rather pathetic, I suppose the word humble does not exist in his vocabulary ..

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/78843
"In the end I will win and, you'll see, we'll have a great party. It will be organized well and we'll invite all those people who have stayed close to me during these tough times."

"Briatore! Table for four for Briatore!"

"Good evening, Mr. Briatore. I'm Manuel, your waiter. Will you be dining by yourself this evening?"
Old 25 Sep 2009, 10:17 (Ref:2547892)   #978
Rgms320
Racer

United States
Seattle
Rgms320 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans View Post
Reminded me of this:

LOL, SuperHans!

What kind of a Google search turned that up?
Old 25 Sep 2009, 11:30 (Ref:2547930)   #979
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Werent there a couple of Minardi sponsors in the Stoddart era that didnt pay... he didnt take the brand off the car, instead putting a "No Smoking" ring around and thru the brand instead
And they lost Wilux sponsorship after they took all the logos off in tribute to John Walton - 2004, I think

Ferrari ran without sponsorship at Monza in 2001 as a mark of respect to 9/11 victims
Old 25 Sep 2009, 11:37 (Ref:2547937)   #980
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by jab View Post
And they lost Wilux sponsorship after they took all the logos off in tribute to John Walton - 2004, I think

Ferrari ran without sponsorship at Monza in 2001 as a mark of respect to 9/11 victims
Its was Stryker wasnt it? The medical devices people?
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 25 Sep 2009, 11:57 (Ref:2547945)   #981
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The team, drivers etc still have ING logos on their gear
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 25 Sep 2009, 12:04 (Ref:2547948)   #982
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Not surprising really - stickers are easy to take off the cars but the embroidery on the overalls is another matter!
Old 25 Sep 2009, 12:05 (Ref:2547949)   #983
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
They could always get patched to cover them up though. I remember something like this happening in Spa '99, where the teams had to cover up all the tobacco sponsor logos they didn't know they weren't allowed.
Old 25 Sep 2009, 12:17 (Ref:2547953)   #984
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Renault: "We're walking through fire".

http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2009/0...atest-setback/
Old 25 Sep 2009, 12:17 (Ref:2547955)   #985
henk4
Veteran

Netherlands
Rozenburg, Holland
henk4 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridhenk4 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
In the mean time, Grosjean has crashed heavily. Where? In Singapore of course...
Old 25 Sep 2009, 12:23 (Ref:2547958)   #986
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
In the mean time, Grosjean has crashed heavily.
Compared to Piquet's 'crash' it was pathetic.This driver has no place in F1.
Old 25 Sep 2009, 12:29 (Ref:2547961)   #987
Fox89
Veteran

United Kingdom
Leamington Spa, UK
Fox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
In the mean time, Grosjean has crashed heavily. Where? In Singapore of course...
The 2nd Renault driver in the wall at the exit of turn 17? Never?
Old 25 Sep 2009, 12:34 (Ref:2547965)   #988
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
Compared to Piquet's 'crash' it was pathetic.This driver has no place in F1.
He certainly hasn't set the world alight he has...

Although in fairness, the guy's ill. I can't imagine hurtling an F1 car around a street track is too much fun with food poisoning...

Selby
Old 25 Sep 2009, 12:43 (Ref:2547970)   #989
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid

Welcome to the Twilight Zone......
Old 25 Sep 2009, 12:49 (Ref:2547973)   #990
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
Renault: "We're walking through fire".

http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2009/0...atest-setback/
Having read this piece by James Allen, I'm even further aghast at why Renault haven't pulled the plug. What's more they want to go back to the 'Renault Way'. As we all know, that was absolutely disastrous back in the early 1980s and evidential proof that a large car company can only be successful in F1 when it allows the team to run autonomously. Renault seem to be completely rudderless and I feel its only a matter of time before Carlos Goshn calls time on this brand-damaging shambles.
Old 25 Sep 2009, 12:53 (Ref:2547975)   #991
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I could imagine the last time Piquet Jr and Flav talked:

Nelshino: "I've done far worse than embarrass you. I've hurt you. And I wish to go on hurting you. I shall leave you as you left me, as you left your diginity: marooned for all eternity away from the track...for life. For Life."
Flav: PIQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTT!!!! (echos)
Old 25 Sep 2009, 14:02 (Ref:2548002)   #992
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sad to see that almost-unbranded Renault F1 car...
Old 25 Sep 2009, 16:17 (Ref:2548056)   #993
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by davyboy View Post
Having read this piece by James Allen, I'm even further aghast at why Renault haven't pulled the plug. What's more they want to go back to the 'Renault Way'. As we all know, that was absolutely disastrous back in the early 1980s and evidential proof that a large car company can only be successful in F1 when it allows the team to run autonomously. Renault seem to be completely rudderless and I feel its only a matter of time before Carlos Goshn calls time on this brand-damaging shambles.
Bring back Gerard Toth! Didint the head of Renault get assassinated around that time? I personally loved the 85 renault livery though... bring that back for sure!
Old 25 Sep 2009, 17:47 (Ref:2548120)   #994
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Watching FP1 on TV this morning, the commentator (not Ant, the other one) mentioned that, while he wasn't going to say the name on TV, it now seem's to be common knowledge how whistleblower X is.
Old 25 Sep 2009, 17:48 (Ref:2548123)   #995
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
I could imagine the last time Piquet Jr and Flav talked:

Nelshino: "I've done far worse than embarrass you. I've hurt you. And I wish to go on hurting you. I shall leave you as you left me, as you left your diginity: marooned for all eternity away from the track...for life. For Life."
Flav: PIQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTT!!!! (echos)
lmfaooo

Selby
Old 25 Sep 2009, 17:54 (Ref:2548133)   #996
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V View Post
Watching FP1 on TV this morning, the commentator (not Ant, the other one) mentioned that, while he wasn't going to say the name on TV, it now seem's to be common knowledge how whistleblower X is.
Doesn't surprise me. Nothing stays secret in F1 for long
Old 25 Sep 2009, 18:06 (Ref:2548136)   #997
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Permaine? Let's put it this way, it sort of puts him in a better light than most people even though no-one's coming out smelling of roses.
Old 25 Sep 2009, 18:49 (Ref:2548173)   #998
paddy
Veteran

England
Nottingham
paddy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridpaddy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It seems to me that this whole episode shows that people in F1 set themselves very low standards of personal behaviour and consistently fail to reach them.
Old 25 Sep 2009, 20:35 (Ref:2548261)   #999
ljakse
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade, Serbia
ljakse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridljakse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by davyboy View Post
But, what would running away do to their brand? Ever since this 'gate' came to light, I was sure that if they're not thrown out, they would stay. I even think that they would have paid significant fine if they were required, and still stayed.
What can be more damaging to the brand than this was? And if they simply ran away, it would have been worse.

And, I think that Carlos Goshn was all in for staying. He became famous by getting to Nissan when it was in deep trouble, turned is upside-down, and made it strong and healthy. I know automotive industry and F1 are not the same, but the problem and expected result are.
Old 25 Sep 2009, 20:38 (Ref:2548264)   #1000
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Santander
Marlboro
Vodafone
Virgin
Red Bull.......
Thats 5 and Virgin are obviously not putting in the full required amount by the size of the stickers and all of them were in before this latest debacle, I wouldnt be surprized to see more jump ship now! Marlboro can't surely can they as they sell cigarettes and Santander would probably have gone the same way as ING if Lewis and the team had not found some form.