Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 3 Mar 2012, 13:03 (Ref:3034491)   #1001
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower View Post
It makes a lot of people very angry Al!! Problem being that the corruption in Africa is so rife,the people who could do something about it dont care!!!
they have recently up the sentance from 7 years to 25 its got so desparate. The poachers are killing more than is being born. How they get in the park after dark is open to speculation.
Old 3 Mar 2012, 17:49 (Ref:3034571)   #1002
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by compte deGraves View Post
No wonder that we French just ignore all laws, partuclarly E.U. ones. Plus ca change!
That's just one of the reasons that makes France such a civilised country - in my opinion of course.
Old 3 Mar 2012, 20:23 (Ref:3034628)   #1003
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You're not alone John.
Old 3 Mar 2012, 21:45 (Ref:3034643)   #1004
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
We had the same with alarms for swimming pools.
Is theft a big problem then Compte?
Old 3 Mar 2012, 22:04 (Ref:3034647)   #1005
ascona i2000
Racer

ascona i2000 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman View Post
Reporting from hazy view south Africa. We cruised around Kruger park yesterday and saw many annimals in the wild unfortunately also two dead rhinos being eaten by lions and vultures the creatures sadly the victim of ******** poachers to sell there horns to some idiot Chinese for medicine made me very angry.
Hey big Al, we spent our honeymoon at Perrys hollow in hazy view, very nice place to visit. Bit worrying though when we hired a car they told us not to stop at traffic lights at night time cause of car jacking !!
Old 3 Mar 2012, 23:35 (Ref:3034695)   #1006
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
No wonder that we French just ignore all laws, partuclarly E.U. ones. Plus ca change!
Ah, but I read the other day that there is an egg shortage in France now that a number of producers have closed down (or been closed down) rather than pay the costs for updating their chicken housing specifications to the latest EU standards. I was amazed. I had read about UK egg producers calling it a day (the chickens would have better lifestyles than the owners) and was not surprised at all about the effect of the regulation. But to hear similar tales of France is, frankly, almost unbelieveable. Have so many Brits decamped over there that acceptance of Laws is becoming the norm?
Old 4 Mar 2012, 07:15 (Ref:3034811)   #1007
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
One of my favorate adverts is the one where the shop keeper has a thousand cream eggs in stock as he ran out the previos year.
He opens the shop and all the kids rush in and the first little lad ask to buy the lot.
Old 4 Mar 2012, 08:04 (Ref:3034830)   #1008
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Sorry, can't resist this golden oldie Iain (well it is the Historic Forum)...

....why, was "un oeuf" not enough?

I'll go to work now, leave you in peace.
Old 4 Mar 2012, 11:19 (Ref:3034914)   #1009
compte deGraves
Veteran

France
Charente, France
compte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcompte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin McKay View Post
Is theft a big problem then Compte?
................only in Marseille because of the water shortage.
Old 4 Mar 2012, 18:29 (Ref:3035047)   #1010
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascona i2000 View Post
Hey big Al, we spent our honeymoon at Perrys hollow in hazy view, very nice place to visit. Bit worrying though when we hired a car they told us not to stop at traffic lights at night time cause of car jacking !!
Thats a coincidence Dave well you have to stop at all the stop signs even if on the main drag or get nicked so what can you do? BTW they have just arrested two guys for poaching the rhinos, a traffic cop and a park official!!!
Old 4 Mar 2012, 19:19 (Ref:3035066)   #1011
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Perhaps they should be put into a pen with a couple of live animals?
Old 7 Mar 2012, 15:56 (Ref:3036568)   #1012
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
3 days without any teabreak natter! BTW what is it in tea that messes up the cups so much?

I'm strugging manfully with a coldy flu thing having gone through winter without a sneeze. Decided to get some medicine this afternoon, and came home with packet of shortbread, ginger & chocolate cookies, TtD choc chip shortbread squares and a carrot cake......

If they don't aid recovery nothing will!
Old 7 Mar 2012, 16:20 (Ref:3036580)   #1013
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Ha ha,Compte started this 10/10th flue bug. Its headed over to you now then Mike having passed through Watford.
Me and Alan Morgan had a very enjoyable evening last night at the White Horse pub in Silverstone.We entertained the Silverstone marshalls with a few Delta Motor Sport tales of old.
Hope it was not too boring Fay.
Old 7 Mar 2012, 16:31 (Ref:3036586)   #1014
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Me and Alan Morgan had a very enjoyable evening last night at the White Horse pub in Silverstone.We entertained the Silverstone marshalls with a few Delta Motor Sport tales of old.
I bet that was fun. Were you testing there today? Wet, I am told!

Old 7 Mar 2012, 18:43 (Ref:3036615)   #1015
Alan Crook
Veteran

Alan Crook should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
We hold clubnights for marshals once a month, and have done so continuously for the past 5 years. Iain stood in at the very last minute as substitute for Lord Paul Drayson as Paul had to be at the House of Lords for a vote. I`m sure this will look good on Iains CV as last 2 guest speakers have been Christian Horner and Anthony Davidson. Next month is planned to be Andy Priaux. Thanks to Iain for standing in at the last minute.

Should anyone wish to come and be a guest speaker for us just PM either myself or Fay.
Old 7 Mar 2012, 18:47 (Ref:3036617)   #1016
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
BTW what is it in tea that messes up the cups so much?
Typically most mechanics cups are like that, I'm sure that i could make a cuppa by just pouring in boiling water and adding milk n sugar !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 7 Mar 2012, 21:18 (Ref:3036678)   #1017
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
Typically most mechanics cups are like that, I'm sure that i could make a cuppa by just pouring in boiling water and adding milk n sugar !
In the right place you wouldn't need the milk or sugar either.
Old 8 Mar 2012, 08:37 (Ref:3036866)   #1018
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
just don't ask for frothy coffee, and defnitely no choclatey bits.

DANGER: Arthur has found some go-kart racing websites . . . gulp!
Old 8 Mar 2012, 09:03 (Ref:3036878)   #1019
Eric Falce
Veteran

United Kingdom
Orpington Kent
Eric Falce should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Life's tough dude

Yeah medical went OK but I could have done without doc saying things like "what do you expect now you're 50..."
Guess what you feel like when the doc say's 'Are you sure you should be doing this at 72, not advisable Eric'.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
Old 8 Mar 2012, 10:01 (Ref:3036914)   #1020
Alan Raine
Veteran

England
Hale, Cheshire
Alan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Ha ha,Compte started this 10/10th flue bug. Its headed over to you now then Mike having passed through Watford.
Last time I was in the White Horse was 1978. I ended up putting a fire out in the kitchen after the Landlady forgot she was cooking me some chips!!!
Old 8 Mar 2012, 10:53 (Ref:3036936)   #1021
SAMD
Veteran

SAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Raine View Post
Last time I was in the White Horse was 1978. I ended up putting a fire out in the kitchen after the Landlady forgot she was cooking me some chips!!!
I hope you told the scrutes your Fire Extinguisher had been discharged! and didn't just clip it back into place!!! lol
Old 10 Mar 2012, 12:23 (Ref:3037873)   #1022
compte deGraves
Veteran

France
Charente, France
compte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcompte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
There is a danger of this thread falling off the end of the page. So here is a picture of Iain just after he won the Jaguar C.C. Enduro race at Snetterton in 1999. Yes, he did have some hair under that cap.
Attached Thumbnails
Jag C.C. Enduro Champs 1999.jpg  
Old 10 Mar 2012, 14:18 (Ref:3037918)   #1023
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Cliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That was my first race meeting, in my V12 automatic TWR XJS!

My first race was red flagged as there was an accident at Riches, then a car caught fire on the grid whilst we were waiting for the restart & I spent the whole race looking in my rear view mirror for cars lapping me at an alarming rate.

Finished the race & said ok I've tried racing & don't like it one bit, but I was entered in the Jaguar Challenge which was the race after next, so my family & friends persuaded me to put some more fuel in & do the second race.

Down to the assembly area & there's one of the CUT 7 E types & various other interesting cars, I had a brilliant dice with Dave Woodgate in his S Type & beat him - so the bug bit & the rest as they say is mystery!
Old 11 Mar 2012, 13:16 (Ref:3038297)   #1024
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Crikee was it that long ago.My co driver did a pretty good job as well.I remember the race as I was told there was an ex touring car driver racing in another Radical as well and that we would not!!! be able to beat him.
BTW just told Mrs Delta that 10/10ths wish her a happy birthday. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Did not seem that impressed.
Old 11 Mar 2012, 15:43 (Ref:3038339)   #1025
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Well a happy birthday from me to Mrs Delta, when you get as old as me you don't tend to celebrate as much and knock a year off now and then !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Closed Thread