Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 14 Jan 2009, 18:32 (Ref:2371482)   #1026
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Definitely 2 air restrictors in both photos. I believe the cars were in near-identical spec outside of setup, from what I can see in the first set of photos compared to the DSC ones.

PS: it is Pagenaud at the wheel in the first photos, not Gil!
Old 14 Jan 2009, 18:34 (Ref:2371485)   #1027
Audi Racer
Veteran

United States
Audi Racer has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Thats the highcroft car. No red rear wing, No number 66 The drive helmet says Forbes. pretty sure david brabham is driving. After what scott sharp did which was kind of half driver error and alittle car failure at petit lemans I've said enough
Old 14 Jan 2009, 18:42 (Ref:2371489)   #1028
Audi Racer
Veteran

United States
That acura either comes with a ton of downforce or that is a highdownforce nose because the dive planes are one piece with the nose
Old 14 Jan 2009, 18:55 (Ref:2371498)   #1029
Audi Racer
Veteran

United States
Compared to the first grainy photos of the de ferran car the highcroft car has a front tow hook on the nose. None on the de ferran car
Old 14 Jan 2009, 18:59 (Ref:2371501)   #1030
MulsanneMike
Veteran

United States
MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audi Racer
That acura either comes with a ton of downforce or that is a highdownforce nose because the dive planes are one piece with the nose
I believe the Acura P1 rebates the dive planes as on the P2 car. So they joggle into the nose giving the appearance of being integral.
Old 14 Jan 2009, 19:00 (Ref:2371502)   #1031
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by juicy sushi
i see two air restrictors in both photos, so i think you're off base on that one...
Yeah , me too ..... off base and still going !!!
Old 14 Jan 2009, 19:11 (Ref:2371509)   #1032
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Thats the highcroft car. No red rear wing, No number 66 The drive helmet says Forbes. pretty sure david brabham is driving. After what scott sharp did which was kind of half driver error and alittle car failure at petit lemans I've said enough
Err...I don't really know what you are on about. The first photos released blatantly show the De Ferran car. It is numbered #66, it has a De Ferran Motorsports rear wing, and Simon Pagenaud (or a Simon Pagenaud stand-in, since the real one was clearly at Homestead with the real cars...) at the wheel. The 2nd set of photos shows the Highcroft car in plain black with David Brabham at the wheel. No idea what Scott Sharp has to do with any of this.
Old 14 Jan 2009, 19:20 (Ref:2371520)   #1033
Ted bennett
Racer

England
Derbyshire
Ted bennett should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The latest pic shows three new detail features on the LHS sidepod. Two are ahead of the race order lights while the third is slighly behind them.
Old 14 Jan 2009, 19:22 (Ref:2371521)   #1034
Audi Racer
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk
Err...I don't really know what you are on about. The first photos released blatantly show the De Ferran car. It is numbered #66, it has a De Ferran Motorsports rear wing, and Simon Pagenaud (or a Simon Pagenaud stand-in, since the real one was clearly at Homestead with the real cars...) at the wheel. The 2nd set of photos shows the Highcroft car in plain black with David Brabham at the wheel. No idea what Scott Sharp has to do with any of this.
I mean theres no way they would let scott sharp drive the car first to get out and wreck it. He's to inexperienced. At mid Ohio brabham was chasing down timo in the 7 car and was basically sideways though a turn and about to lose it. Guess what he didnt. At petit lemans sharp was in the same positon and the the 2008 championship chase crashed to an end.
Old 14 Jan 2009, 19:27 (Ref:2371524)   #1035
Audi Racer
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk
Also everyone is wondering whats the difference between the ealry photos and these new photos
Old 14 Jan 2009, 19:31 (Ref:2371527)   #1036
Audi Racer
Veteran

United States
Right now all racing is declining. The ugly formula1 cars. Can you imagine that beautiful acura LMP1 with that not so beautiful rear wing that ACO proposes. Just reduce engine power. Saves fuel cost and slows cars down. Why have less wing with the same amount of horsepower. Just makes things harder to control on cold tires and even on hot tires slowing odwn from 200 mph
Old 14 Jan 2009, 19:43 (Ref:2371535)   #1037
juicy sushi
Racer

juicy sushi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Why have less wing with the same amount of horsepower. Just makes things harder to control on cold tires and even on hot tires slowing odwn from 200 mph
but why is that a bad thing?...
Old 14 Jan 2009, 20:13 (Ref:2371558)   #1038
Hugewally
Veteran

United States
Largo, FL USA
Hugewally should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I mean theres no way they would let scott sharp drive the car first to get out and wreck it. He's to inexperienced. At mid Ohio brabham was chasing down timo in the 7 car and was basically sideways though a turn and about to lose it. Guess what he didnt. At petit lemans sharp was in the same positon and the the 2008 championship chase crashed to an end.
Yeah, its hard to keep the car on the track when the suspension breaks...
Old 14 Jan 2009, 20:26 (Ref:2371569)   #1039
tlongman
Racer

United States
New Jersey
tlongman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the suspension broke as a result of the impact with the bridge. Sharp just got too far onto the curbs and when he got on the gas he lost it. And don't forget that was the backup car. He totaled the other one in the test at turn 1.
Old 14 Jan 2009, 20:28 (Ref:2371571)   #1040
Hugewally
Veteran

United States
Largo, FL USA
Hugewally should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't worry I was there and have a different view point.
Old 14 Jan 2009, 21:00 (Ref:2371599)   #1041
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fanfisique
Are you saying that Barrichello is responsible for the design of the Honda RA08?

Just look at how many opportunities had both drivers to score points...and how competitive was Honda in the beggining of a season and during its end in the last two years...guess who turn that Honda Earthy crap into at least a mediocre entry...

Sorry - I meant to say that you were confusing me with someone who gives a stuff!

Surely this should be in the F1 section with other "Rubens is better than Button" - "No he isn't" chatter
Old 14 Jan 2009, 21:28 (Ref:2371625)   #1042
Audi Racer
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by juicy sushi
but why is that a bad thing?...

Who wants to be in the peugoet at 200 mph on cold tires, step on the breaks and have nothing happen
Old 14 Jan 2009, 21:33 (Ref:2371631)   #1043
Audi Racer
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugewally
Don't worry I was there and have a different view point.
I thought that he crashed because he was pushing to hard after he passed one of the dyson cars. Theres nothing thats gets the adrenalin going in a race driver like passing a competitor
Old 14 Jan 2009, 21:48 (Ref:2371647)   #1044
Audi Racer
Veteran

United States
"We are looking forward to the first challenge at Sebring which is a race we are going there to win. We aren't just looking to finish, we have high expectations and have set our goals. Winning Sebring is one of them."(Motors TV).

"Although he is confident in the car's potential, Brabham is not expecting instant success."We're still at a very early stage of development so the first few races for us are going to be about reliability," he said. "Other cars, even P2 cars, could beat us in big races.( Autosport.com)

Both of these are reports are from David Brabham from the respective websites. One says were going there to win. The other says we just want to finish the race summed up. But the first one says we not there just to finish????????????

I hope it's the first one. The Audi can win sebring. The peugeot can win sebring. Can the Acura do it?

Last edited by Audi Racer; 14 Jan 2009 at 21:52.
Old 14 Jan 2009, 21:59 (Ref:2371653)   #1045
Audi Racer
Veteran

United States
If Peugeot want to win Sebring, they need Franck"the tank" Montagny. If Audi want to win Sebring, they need The Flying Scotsman "Mcnish" . If Acura want to win Sebring they need "Turn 1 Marco" aka Marco Andretti. If they can't get him Brabham, Pagenaud and De Ferran are just as fast but nobodies as daring through turn 1 at sebring than Marco Andretti
Old 14 Jan 2009, 23:00 (Ref:2371684)   #1046
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
David Brabham would drive the Highcroft car before Sharp regardless of what happened at PLM. The reason is simple; Brabham has driven a broader range of sportscars than anyone on the ALMS proto grid right now. You could not ask for a better shakedown driver.

Quote:
If Peugeot want to win Sebring, they need Franck"the tank" Montagny. If Audi want to win Sebring, they need The Flying Scotsman "Mcnish" . If Acura want to win Sebring they need "Turn 1 Marco" aka Marco Andretti. If they can't get him Brabham, Pagenaud and De Ferran are just as fast but nobodies as daring through turn 1 at sebring than Marco Andretti
Andretti was good at Sebring this year, but if performances later in the season by he, Kanaan, Rossiter and Montagny were any indication, the latter 3 would have been as good or better in a P2 Acura at Sebring. Which, given their road-racing pedigrees, is exactly what you would expect.

I wager that Audi would and will benefit greatly from Allan's presence, I believe each of those teams is capable of winning with the other arrows in their quiver.
Old 15 Jan 2009, 02:31 (Ref:2371742)   #1047
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Right now all racing is declining. The ugly formula1 cars. Can you imagine that beautiful acura LMP1 with that not so beautiful rear wing that ACO proposes. Just reduce engine power. Saves fuel cost and slows cars down. Why have less wing with the same amount of horsepower. Just makes things harder to control on cold tires and even on hot tires slowing odwn from 200 mph
It was good times watching Ford Gt40's and Porsche 917's, they gave the drivers a huge challenge, and made it exciting to watch.

ole robert.
Old 15 Jan 2009, 02:34 (Ref:2371743)   #1048
Audi Racer
Veteran

United States
Which looks better. The Acura or the Peugeot
I chose the Acura. You have to love those giant diveplanes
Old 15 Jan 2009, 02:42 (Ref:2371744)   #1049
juicy sushi
Racer

juicy sushi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
sebring is going to be very interesting. audi have regarded it as a big tune up for le mans, and this will be the first time since 2000 that they will have debuted a new car against factory opposition. and the new honda will probably be a very substantial threat. add in the updated peugeot (a guaranteed rocket ship) and this will be the most difficult sebring audi have ever faced, in all likelihood.

i just can't wait. and i'm quite firmly rooting for acura (since they're the only ones running a full ALMS season, and they're the new guys on the block)...
Old 15 Jan 2009, 02:43 (Ref:2371745)   #1050
Audi Racer
Veteran

United States
If the acura is as fast as the peugeot it has one huge advantage. It should be able to go further since it is able to carry more fuel than the diesels. Less stops. Less time in the pits. 1+1=2