Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 18 Dec 2009, 02:44 (Ref:2601709)   #1076
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
MJ_N_09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow, this is a different 2010 ALMS entry list from when I looked last.
Old 18 Dec 2009, 02:53 (Ref:2601711)   #1077
prototype
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, Georgia
prototype should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think the Vettes have some work cut out for them with the smaller engine and no DI. The tires (tyres) will be better this year however. Don't give them team Championship just yet.
Old 18 Dec 2009, 03:43 (Ref:2601719)   #1078
picchiofan
Racer

Iran
picchiofan User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
http://www.wishtv.com/dpp/sports/aut...-shutting-down

Anyone still holding out for DeFerren, I think you can exhale now.
Old 18 Dec 2009, 04:18 (Ref:2601721)   #1079
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Interesting to note, two Porsche drivers in that team in Cosmo and van Overbeek. Plus a graduate from Porsche's Patron Challenge - will Orbit run in GTC without Patron backing?

I am ecstatic for Guy, one of the greatest guys in the paddock, an incredible shoe, and an example of someone who has done all the right things in life getting a little payoff! I would have liked to have seen Guy partner with Scott in the lead car, but Ed and Guy have a relationship, so it is understandable.

To me this announcement begs the question, how did I not see Guy as a natural fit on this team? Honestly. Anyways, very cool stuff for Guy, and hopefully van Overbeek uses this as an opportunity to win some races and remind everyone that he is a competitive driver.

It will be hard not to cheer for this team in 2010. Vehement supporters of the ALMS, great personalities, a fantastic exhaust note, Patron girls, what more can you ask for?

Chris
Old 18 Dec 2009, 04:59 (Ref:2601726)   #1080
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
WMUCarGuy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonerz View Post
Interesting to note, two Porsche drivers in that team in Cosmo and van Overbeek. Plus a graduate from Porsche's Patron Challenge - will Orbit run in GTC without Patron backing?

I am ecstatic for Guy, one of the greatest guys in the paddock, an incredible shoe, and an example of someone who has done all the right things in life getting a little payoff! I would have liked to have seen Guy partner with Scott in the lead car, but Ed and Guy have a relationship, so it is understandable.

To me this announcement begs the question, how did I not see Guy as a natural fit on this team? Honestly. Anyways, very cool stuff for Guy, and hopefully van Overbeek uses this as an opportunity to win some races and remind everyone that he is a competitive driver.

It will be hard not to cheer for this team in 2010. Vehement supporters of the ALMS, great personalities, a fantastic exhaust note, Patron girls, what more can you ask for?

Chris
Cosmo was in a Cup car last year, but I'd hardly call him a Porsche guy. He'll drive anything he can.
Old 18 Dec 2009, 06:28 (Ref:2601741)   #1081
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by picchiofan View Post

Thats sad news indeed .....
Old 18 Dec 2009, 11:59 (Ref:2601848)   #1082
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
As a possible antidote to the tide of bad news, Marshall Pruett's floating the rumour of a second Cytosport RS Spyder.

Link

I was impressed by Cytosport's approach with the RS Spyder, showing their a good pair of hands for the car, and you could see the wider VAG family thinking that a beefed up Cytosport lineup with some works support (a couple of very fast drivers for example) could actually give Peugeot the race Audi might have.

Obviously I've no intentions of counting chickens, but it's a nice prospect.
Old 18 Dec 2009, 14:00 (Ref:2601906)   #1083
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post
As a possible antidote to the tide of bad news, Marshall Pruett's floating the rumour of a second Cytosport RS Spyder.

Link

I was impressed by Cytosport's approach with the RS Spyder, showing their a good pair of hands for the car, and you could see the wider VAG family thinking that a beefed up Cytosport lineup with some works support (a couple of very fast drivers for example) could actually give Peugeot the race Audi might have.

This could be really great if they come up with a top pairing (say Maasen and someone similar) in the second car and keep Graf and Pickett in the first car. Somewhere in this I smell Porsche setting themselves up for a P1 run in the future. The RS Spyder, with a few upgrades (or downgrades depending on how you look at it) to the new rules is potentially one of the best P1 cars when the new rules take hold completely. I know this has all been hashed around before, but with the latest comments from Porsche regarding a potential future return to P1 & Le Mans, it just seems possible.

DK
Old 18 Dec 2009, 14:17 (Ref:2601912)   #1084
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post

Link

I heard this from someone last night aswell, i've also heard the names Dumas and Bernhard associated with it.
Old 18 Dec 2009, 14:31 (Ref:2601917)   #1085
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
By 2011 the RS Spyder will be a six year old design - I doubt that Porsche would start with anything other than a completely new car tailormade for the new rules.
Old 18 Dec 2009, 14:42 (Ref:2601921)   #1086
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightStalk3r View Post
I heard this from someone last night aswell, i've also heard the names Dumas and Bernhard associated with it.
I'd like to see marc Lieb get a drive in it ..... as he was the main development driver .

Maassen is I believe , out of the facrory squad now ?
Old 18 Dec 2009, 15:28 (Ref:2601931)   #1087
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
I'd like to see marc Lieb get a drive in it ..... as he was the main development driver .

Maassen is I believe , out of the factory squad now ?
Lieb is doing LMS and is one of Porsche's top GT drivers, i wouldnt expect to see him in the RS Spyder any time soon, as for Maassen from what i have been told his contract is up at the end of this year and is not being renewed
Old 18 Dec 2009, 15:31 (Ref:2601934)   #1088
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMUCarGuy View Post
Cosmo was in a Cup car last year, but I'd hardly call him a Porsche guy. He'll drive anything he can.
While he is not exclusive to Porsche, a lot of the work he does outside of the ALMS is in Porsches.

Chris
Old 18 Dec 2009, 15:33 (Ref:2601937)   #1089
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Speaking of Marshall Pruett's "rumors," he also floated one about hearing that Fernandez Racing might be back...

Sorry, wrong rumor, Marshall...

Yesterday, Bryan Herta's Indy Lights team announced that they are moving into new race shops for 2010..the shop that was the HQ for...you guessed it...Fernandez Racing.

Kinda tough to make a comeback and compete if you don't even have a shop as a base of operations anymore, isn't it?

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 18 Dec 2009, 16:14 (Ref:2601968)   #1090
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post

Maassen is I believe , out of the facrory squad now ?
Maassen was the development driver for the RS Spyder if I remember correctly.
Old 18 Dec 2009, 17:21 (Ref:2601988)   #1091
tkelland
Rookie

tkelland should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Maassen was the development driver for the RS Spyder if I remember correctly.
Yep. Maassen and Lucas Luhr before Lucas defected to the four rings.
Old 18 Dec 2009, 17:32 (Ref:2601993)   #1092
R4z3rw33n
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane.
R4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If Porsche were interested in allowing Cytosport to run a second Spyder, wouldn't it more likely be a proven pairing (i.e. Dumas/Bernhard)?
Old 18 Dec 2009, 19:20 (Ref:2602058)   #1093
tkelland
Rookie

tkelland should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by R4z3rw33n View Post
If Porsche were interested in allowing Cytosport to run a second Spyder, wouldn't it more likely be a proven pairing (i.e. Dumas/Bernhard)?
My guess is that if Porsche places a second RS Spyder with Cytosport, the pairings would be: 6 Klaus Graff, Greg Picket, with Sascha Maassen for enduro's. 7 Romain Dumas, Timo Bernhard, with Emanuelle Collard for enduro's.

If Cytosport would take a Porsche to LM24, it would be Graff and Pickett with Maassen as Romain and Timo will be likely with Audi again.
Old 18 Dec 2009, 20:17 (Ref:2602090)   #1094
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkelland View Post
My guess is that if Porsche places a second RS Spyder with Cytosport, the pairings would be: 6 Klaus Graff, Greg Picket, with Sascha Maassen for enduro's. 7 Romain Dumas, Timo Bernhard, with Emanuelle Collard for enduro's.

If Cytosport would take a Porsche to LM24, it would be Graff and Pickett with Maassen as Romain and Timo will be likely with Audi again.
Well see about that in January
Old 18 Dec 2009, 20:33 (Ref:2602093)   #1095
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkelland View Post

This seems very plausible, if Porsche/Cytosport decide to run a 2nd car.

L.P.
Old 18 Dec 2009, 22:07 (Ref:2602147)   #1096
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
Do we have any ideas what numbers the 2 ESM Ferraris will be?
Old 18 Dec 2009, 22:19 (Ref:2602153)   #1097
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
And Porsche has stated that the only team that'll offically recive support from the factory for the RS Spyder is Cytosport-but how many cars...that wasn't stated.

Wonder is Porsche is willing to support Cytosport as a two car effort perhaps to give Timo and Romain something to do when they're not driving for Audi in the IC/LM? After all, Dumas and Bernhard have had the most success in the Spyder and know that car like the back of their hands.

But I wonder if they have to run the 1.6 wing for the Porsche to be eligable for the ALMS-they'll have to for LM, as well as any front/rear bodywork changes that the ACO has requested for the cars in 2010.
Old 19 Dec 2009, 06:55 (Ref:2602242)   #1098
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Do we have any ideas what numbers the 2 ESM Ferraris will be?
The 9 will likely be retained (ESM is a branch of Highcroft is it not?). Maybe the 10 will be the 2nd one.
Old 19 Dec 2009, 06:58 (Ref:2602245)   #1099
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by picchiofan View Post

It just gets better and better doesn't it? *sigh* How many full time teams are left?
Old 19 Dec 2009, 09:43 (Ref:2602276)   #1100
ger80
Veteran

Germany
Birmingham
ger80 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
And Porsche has stated that the only team that'll offically recive support from the factory for the RS Spyder is Cytosport-but how many cars...that wasn't stated.

Wonder is Porsche is willing to support Cytosport as a two car effort perhaps to give Timo and Romain something to do when they're not driving for Audi in the IC/LM? After all, Dumas and Bernhard have had the most success in the Spyder and know that car like the back of their hands.

But I wonder if they have to run the 1.6 wing for the Porsche to be eligable for the ALMS-they'll have to for LM, as well as any front/rear bodywork changes that the ACO has requested for the cars in 2010.
The RS Spyder in on the rear bodywork waiver list, so they dont have to change that