Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 30 Sep 2009, 10:20 (Ref:2551094)   #1076
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans View Post
But what are we accusing him of?

A lack of sportsmanship may not be a desirable attribute but it's hardly a crime. For me he'd only be guilty if he was in on the plot.
No, but for me it just proves that he is a lying, conniving, cheating littel (er?) Spaniard who cannot be trusted and is prepared to take the credit for winning things he doesn't deserve.
To have been so closely involved with all recent controversies without implications the Teflonso nickname seems appropriate.
Old 30 Sep 2009, 11:20 (Ref:2551128)   #1077
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
No, but for me it just proves that he is a lying, conniving, cheating littel (er?) Spaniard who cannot be trusted and is prepared to take the credit for winning things he doesn't deserve.
To have been so closely involved with all recent controversies without implications the Teflonso nickname seems appropriate.
So you really don't like him then!
Old 30 Sep 2009, 11:23 (Ref:2551131)   #1078
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Don't let the post fool you, VIVA is renowned on this board as something of an Alonso fanatic.
Old 30 Sep 2009, 11:36 (Ref:2551139)   #1079
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzle View Post
So you really don't like him then!
No sizzle, I'm not much of a fan (now), for all the reasons I've stated (and a few more which I'm sure I'll think of given time!).

And thanks Knowlsey for trying to give me a smoke screen!
Old 30 Sep 2009, 11:38 (Ref:2551141)   #1080
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
But what are we accusing him of?
We're accusing him of being involved. The FIA does not have the legal powers of investigation that the authorities have and can only rely on information given voluntarily. That proof of Alonso's involvement was not presented to them, does not mean it doesn't exist. It could also mean that Fernando Alonso has managed to successfully evade detection... which is not all that difficult given the circumstances.

Quote:
For me he'd only be guilty if he was in on the plot.
If you're completely satisfied that Alonso had no involvement whatsoever, then no problem. That's your perogative. For me, and quite a lot of others, the FIA process couldn't answer that question satisfactorily. Significant doubt prevails.
Old 30 Sep 2009, 13:35 (Ref:2551219)   #1081
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Hey, that's my part !
Old 30 Sep 2009, 14:14 (Ref:2551243)   #1082
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by davyboy View Post
We're accusing him of being involved. The FIA does not have the legal powers of investigation that the authorities have and can only rely on information given voluntarily. That proof of Alonso's involvement was not presented to them, does not mean it doesn't exist. It could also mean that Fernando Alonso has managed to successfully evade detection... which is not all that difficult given the circumstances.

If you're completely satisfied that Alonso had no involvement whatsoever, then no problem. That's your perogative. For me, and quite a lot of others, the FIA process couldn't answer that question satisfactorily. Significant doubt prevails.
Totally right. Alonso having no involvement is unlogical. At least at some point in the whole plot he must have known, even if only for his own curiosity. The fact that he was aware makes him an accomplice, for inaction at least. Just like for McLaren, when he was aware of the issue and he went to the FIA, because he felt it was wrong allegedly, now as the main beneficiary, he should feel the same way, but it didn't happen that way.
Old 30 Sep 2009, 14:45 (Ref:2551267)   #1083
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Just because you've been found 'not guilty' doesn't mean that you're innocent.
Old 30 Sep 2009, 14:51 (Ref:2551270)   #1084
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
/\/\ Thanks guys!
I was beginning to feel I was a lone voice on here...
Old 30 Sep 2009, 14:53 (Ref:2551272)   #1085
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Personally I just cannot accept that Teflonso didn't know about this. He may not have suggested the idea, or even decided when the crash was to take place, but his strategy was strange before the race (and he didn't question it?), the accident clearly benefitted him directly (and he didn't question it?), ande the team must have just shrugged when it happened (and he didn't question it?).
Not asking an obvious question when you can clearly work out the answer means you must know what happened.
(I bet he always wins at paintball, all the evidence will just drop off without a trace!)
I'm clearly in a minority of one on here, so call me naive if you will, but lets examine a few things.....

1.Alonso's car is extremely fast in free practice and quali.

2.His car has a fuel problem in quali 2, putting him out of qualifying.

3.The team submit, to the FIA, his fuel load for the race on saturday afternoon.

4.The now, imfamous discussion takes place about 30 minutes before the race, which is proberbly about 20 hours after the team submitted his fuel load.

So, are we saying the the decision was taken to crash Piquet (dispite him apparently not knowing about it) the day before? Maybe it is possible, but no one, that includes Flav, Pat, Jnr, or Alan Permane have actually come out and said that Alonso was aware of the decision, so where is our proof?
Old 30 Sep 2009, 15:18 (Ref:2551299)   #1086
kartracer41
Racer

United States
Michigan, USA
kartracer41 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V View Post
I'm clearly in a minority of one on here, so call me naive if you will, but lets examine a few things.....

1.Alonso's car is extremely fast in free practice and quali.

2.His car has a fuel problem in quali 2, putting him out of qualifying.

3.The team submit, to the FIA, his fuel load for the race on saturday afternoon.

4.The now, imfamous discussion takes place about 30 minutes before the race, which is proberbly about 20 hours after the team submitted his fuel load.

So, are we saying the the decision was taken to crash Piquet (dispite him apparently not knowing about it) the day before? Maybe it is possible, but no one, that includes Flav, Pat, Jnr, or Alan Permane have actually come out and said that Alonso was aware of the decision, so where is our proof?
Why would they incriminate the guy they were all trying to benefit?
Old 30 Sep 2009, 15:27 (Ref:2551312)   #1087
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kartracer41 View Post
Why would they incriminate the guy they were all trying to benefit?
Piquet has no reason to hide anything anymore, hence why he came to the FIA in the first place. If Alonso was in on it then Piquet would have said so.

I'm going to take the "innocent until proven guilty" view on Alonso for this one...
Old 30 Sep 2009, 15:32 (Ref:2551314)   #1088
kartracer41
Racer

United States
Michigan, USA
kartracer41 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Down F0rce View Post
Piquet has no reason to hide anything anymore, hence why he came to the FIA in the first place. If Alonso was in on it then Piquet would have said so.

I'm going to take the "innocent until proven guilty" view on Alonso for this one...
Piquet took down people who screwed him. Alonso did nothing to him. Who knows, maybe they are friends. I can see many reasons why Piquet would NOT bring Alono into it.
Old 30 Sep 2009, 16:06 (Ref:2551334)   #1089
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Down F0rce View Post
in a civil society thats just a right an accused has in a criminal trial. since no criminal trial is taking place i feel as though he shares some responsibility here in proving to us/fans etc that he was not involved.

obviously he is content to say he didnt know and leave it at that. but now that it is accepted that the event was tampered with, no explanation of what he thought at the time of a low fuel stint from that far back on the grid, no contrition after finding out what happened, and no attempt to distance himself from his tainted win does little by way of convincing me that he is innocent here.

for what its worth i would be willing to accept his innocence here if he just gave back the trophy and asked for the win to be taken of his record.
Old 30 Sep 2009, 16:10 (Ref:2551338)   #1090
icemachine
Veteran

Canada
Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada
icemachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridicemachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If I was overseeing an operation as sensitive as fixing a race, I'd be damned sure each participant knew only as much as required to carry it off, possibly putting a false trail or two, in order to limit damage from exposure. I suspect we will never really know what really went down, unless Flav takes some inspiration from OJ's "If I did it"
Old 30 Sep 2009, 16:15 (Ref:2551342)   #1091
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V View Post
This is probably the key thing. They may have chosen to go light anyway

I also subscribe to the 'innocent until proven guilty' line
Old 30 Sep 2009, 16:18 (Ref:2551343)   #1092
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
O.J. and Alonso supporters unite!
Old 1 Oct 2009, 00:14 (Ref:2551599)   #1093
JABWOA
Veteran

Australia
3rd star to the left
JABWOA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For me, Alsono is innocent (until proven otherwise) and had no direct involvement. It's not the first time a car has started super light hoping to cash in on a possible SC period.

Under Bernie's medal plan, this whole affair could be a normality...
Old 1 Oct 2009, 08:25 (Ref:2551725)   #1094
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Seem's Fernando has upset the authorities with his Flav dedication here
Old 1 Oct 2009, 09:35 (Ref:2551768)   #1095
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
It seems that Massa is the latest driver to claim victory in the 2008 Singapore Grand Prix.

Quote:
Felipe Massa has said that Renault’s cheating cost him the 2008 World Championship, which Lewis Hamilton won by a point. In an interview with Globoesporte.com.

“I was very upset with everything that happened,” Massa said. “Not only with what Renault did, which was a theft. And it created a lot of things, the Safety Car meant that most of the cars had to go the pits, and I was one of them. We had 10 cars going into the pits. Mine went wrong. There were two cars at the same time. A mechanic pressed a button in a situation that would never have happened in a normal pit stop. What bothers me is that Renault stole the win.

“The result remains the same,” Massa said. “This is not right. For me it should have been changed. I lost the title by one point. I am not and never will be a driver who thinks, ‘I could have been World Champion’. “Even if they write today in my CV that I am the champion, after a year, I don’t think it would make any difference.

“We went to a lawyer, but there comes a time when there is nothing that can be done. Is the rule, the FIA decides.”

Source: www.joesaward.wordpress.com
A theft, Felipe? Ah well, you bagged a victory in Belgium that shouldn't have been yours. Swings & roundabouts.
Old 1 Oct 2009, 09:55 (Ref:2551779)   #1096
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
Quote:
It seems that Massa is the latest driver to claim victory in the 2008 Singapore Grand Prix.

A theft, Felipe? Ah well, you bagged a victory in Belgium that shouldn't have been yours. Swings & roundabouts.
Hmm, this doesn't bode too well for Entente Cordiale between team mates at ferrari next yer does it?
Old 1 Oct 2009, 09:58 (Ref:2551780)   #1097
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Hmm, this doesn't bode too well for Entente Cordiale between team mates at ferrari next yer does it?
Haha.

He'd better get used to Alonso taking wins off him.
Old 1 Oct 2009, 10:42 (Ref:2551797)   #1098
old man
Veteran

England
UK
old man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

Oh I so agree with Super Hans here

That Spa decison was a disaster and could be blamed for all sorts of things IMO
Old 1 Oct 2009, 10:55 (Ref:2551803)   #1099
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
[QUOTE=JABWOA;2551599]For me, Alsono is innocent (until proven otherwise) and had no direct involvement. It's not the first time a car has started super light hoping to cash in on a possible SC period.

Below is the weight of each car following qualifying for the Singapore Grand Prix, sorted by qualifying position.

Pos Driver Weight (kg)
1. Hamilton McLaren-Mercedes 660.5
2. Vettel Red Bull-Renault 651.0
3. Rosberg Williams-Toyota 657.5
4. Webber Red Bull-Renault 654.5
5. Barrichello Brawn-Mercedes 655.5
6. Alonso Renault 658.0
7. Glock Toyota 660.5
8. Heidfeld BMW-Sauber 650.0
9. Kubica BMW-Sauber 664.0
10. Kovalainen McLaren-Mercedes 664.5
11. Nakajima Williams-Toyota 680.7
12. Button Brawn-Mercedes 683.0
13. Raikkonen Ferrari 680.5
14. Buemi Toro Rosso-Ferrari 678.0
15. Trulli Toyota 690.9
16. Sutil Force India-Mercedes 693.0
17. Alguersuari Toro Rosso-Ferrari 683.5
18. Fisichella Ferrari 678.5
19. Grosjean Renault 683.0
20. Liuzzi Force India-Mercedes 656.0

Not only Alonso starts wiyh not much fuel from the back...
Old 1 Oct 2009, 10:58 (Ref:2551806)   #1100
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Even if they write today in my CV that I am the champion, after a year
Don't worry. They won't.