Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 19 Dec 2009, 14:42 (Ref:2602354)   #1101
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
as much as i want a second RS Spyder, i'd prefer that Cytosport concentrate on one car, unless it would give more info and more chances to win.
Old 19 Dec 2009, 15:09 (Ref:2602365)   #1102
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
as much as i want a second RS Spyder, i'd prefer that Cytosport concentrate on one car, unless it would give more info and more chances to win.
A car with Dumas and Bernhard would almost certainly increase their chances of winning
Old 19 Dec 2009, 15:44 (Ref:2602380)   #1103
picchiofan
Racer

Iran
picchiofan User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead-Eye View Post
A car with Dumas and Bernhard would almost certainly increase their chances of winning
It's not like Cytosport is gonna have a hard time to begin with. Besides the highcroft car, there's what, the single dyson? They could barely get on the podium when they had two cars and sponsorship, take away those two elements, and it's gonna be ugly. Outside of Sebring and Petit when the big boys show up, there aren't gonna be any other competitive P cars next year.
Old 19 Dec 2009, 16:39 (Ref:2602404)   #1104
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by picchiofan View Post
It's not like Cytosport is gonna have a hard time to begin with. Besides the highcroft car, there's what, the single dyson? They could barely get on the podium when they had two cars and sponsorship, take away those two elements, and it's gonna be ugly. Outside of Sebring and Petit when the big boys show up, there aren't gonna be any other competitive P cars next year.
Really? I think the Drayson car will be competitive for sure. I wouldn't count out the Corsa car or the Intersport car either - they can both be on the podium.
Old 19 Dec 2009, 19:18 (Ref:2602466)   #1105
TWK
Veteran

TWK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ_N_09 View Post
The 9 will likely be retained (ESM is a branch of Highcroft is it not?). Maybe the 10 will be the 2nd one.
ESM is not a "branch of Highcroft."
Old 19 Dec 2009, 19:28 (Ref:2602468)   #1106
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightStalk3r View Post
Well see about that in January
I had assumed those 2 bolded drivers were both up for contract (non)-extension. Am I on the right track?
Old 19 Dec 2009, 20:24 (Ref:2602487)   #1107
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
WMUCarGuy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ_N_09 View Post
The 9 will likely be retained (ESM is a branch of Highcroft is it not?). Maybe the 10 will be the 2nd one.
By ESM, I meant Extreme Speed Motorsports, which while still Patron sponsored doesn't appear to be connected to Highcroft at all. And we already know Highcroft will run the number "1" on the ARX-01c.
Old 19 Dec 2009, 20:37 (Ref:2602490)   #1108
porsche91722
Veteran

Australia
S.E.Qld
porsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Really? I think the Drayson car will be competitive for sure.
With Jonny in the car, yes, but (and with the utmost respect for Lord Paul) I think they will struggle when he is behind pitwall. Although Drayson himself will improve as he gets more miles under his belt in the Lola, I reckon they will be doing a fair bit of chasing in 2010.
Old 19 Dec 2009, 21:27 (Ref:2602503)   #1109
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
Has there been any more news on whether Autocon will run an AER or Judd lump next year?
Old 20 Dec 2009, 00:46 (Ref:2602554)   #1110
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead-Eye View Post
o i agree, but i like to see the American drivers do well in the American LMS.
Old 20 Dec 2009, 00:50 (Ref:2602556)   #1111
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Really? I think the Drayson car will be competitive for sure. I wouldn't count out the Corsa car or the Intersport car either - they can both be on the podium.
IF Intersport can keep it on the track, keep the mechanicals together, and keep it off the competition, the may be contenders for race wins all year. IF

and if Drayson can work the kinks out over the off season, they stand a real good chance to win some races, but i ain't sure about Corsa.
Old 20 Dec 2009, 04:44 (Ref:2602589)   #1112
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
Corsa was hardly slow by the end of 2009, and that was with the extra weight of the hybrid system (at least 40kg, and possibly as much as 80kg), a system that was actually robbing them of outright power up to this point. I understand their plan to be to optimize the car now with just the combustion engine, which should mean the larger Judd unit, rather than just the 4.0-litre lump. Lower weight, and a substantial increase in hp, should definitely put Corsa closer to the sharp end, especially with the drivers they have.
Old 20 Dec 2009, 04:49 (Ref:2602590)   #1113
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
Corsa was hardly slow by the end of 2009, and that was with the extra weight of the hybrid system (at least 40kg, and possibly as much as 80kg), a system that was actually robbing them of outright power up to this point. I understand their plan to be to optimize the car now with just the combustion engine, which should mean the larger Judd unit, rather than just the 4.0-litre lump. Lower weight, and a substantial increase in hp, should definitely put Corsa closer to the sharp end, especially with the drivers they have.

Intersport definitely have pace, but yes, keeping it on the black stuff and off the other cars needs some added work.

Drayson should be a contender; the Lola/Judd is a good, reliable package, and they've shown pace at every meeting so far that they've been at.

BTW, any pictures of the Acura ARX-01C yet? Based on the designation, it's an LMP2 I take it?

And maybe I missed/forgot something, but I don't recall where Dyson said they were cutting back to a single car. I should think that what BP/Castrol doesn't cover, Thetford/Norcold could to fill the gaps in fielding a #20 car.
Old 20 Dec 2009, 06:36 (Ref:2602601)   #1114
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purist View Post

Intersport definitely have pace, but yes, keeping it on the black stuff and off the other cars needs some added work.

Drayson should be a contender; the Lola/Judd is a good, reliable package, and they've shown pace at every meeting so far that they've been at.

BTW, any pictures of the Acura ARX-01C yet? Based on the designation, it's an LMP2 I take it?

And maybe I missed/forgot something, but I don't recall where Dyson said they were cutting back to a single car. I should think that what BP/Castrol doesn't cover, Thetford/Norcold could to fill the gaps in fielding a #20 car.
Agreed, Dyson has run two cars for forever and a day in the past without any help from any manufacturers. With little or no Castrol/BP money and little or no Mazda money, I don't see why Rob and Chris won't have two of those spectacular Mazolas on the grid. But, maybe the economy is enough of a deterrent for them not to spend their own money.

Chris
Old 20 Dec 2009, 14:39 (Ref:2602741)   #1115
Hugewally
Veteran

United States
Largo, FL USA
Hugewally should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The general consensus is only one car for Dyson for the season, though it hasn't been stated officially. The thought is Mazda & BP are reducing their funding.
Old 20 Dec 2009, 15:36 (Ref:2602758)   #1116
R4z3rw33n
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane.
R4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://speedweek.ch/news/9080/Keine-RS-Spyder-2010.html

If I'm reading that correctly, Porsche will cease any support for the Spyder at the end of this season, and there will be no Spyders present at LM this year.

If they're planning on minimising support, I guess this reduces the chance of seeing a second Cytosport car.

Also, what happened to Essex? I could have sworn I'd read somewhere they had planned to run Spa/LM?

Last edited by R4z3rw33n; 20 Dec 2009 at 15:53.
Old 20 Dec 2009, 15:54 (Ref:2602765)   #1117
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by R4z3rw33n View Post
http://speedweek.ch/news/9080/Keine-RS-Spyder-2010.html

If I'm reading that correctly, Porsche will cease official support for any Spyders at the end of this season, and there will be no Spyders present at LM this year.
Any Spyders except Cytosport because they still have enough spares. I suppose that also would include them going to Le Mans if they wanted to, just nobody else.
Old 21 Dec 2009, 17:14 (Ref:2603282)   #1118
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well it seems, contrary to what some continue to mutter, that Scott Sharp's ESM will not be the only team in something from Michelotto on the grid for the full season. Here

L.P.
Old 21 Dec 2009, 17:34 (Ref:2603293)   #1119
notguilty
Racer

notguilty should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I asked Dom from endless there brake supplier if Risi were coming and he said they'd be back. They had already begun picking the pads they were going to be running next year.
Old 21 Dec 2009, 18:02 (Ref:2603306)   #1120
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
arakis has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
jey!!! Risi is back any news on Melo
To launch a new FIA GT2 category based on strict technical rules, with limited wavers and ‘balance of performance' limited to success ballast. A category where GT manufacturers will prove through competition they can produce the best road going GT car.
Old 21 Dec 2009, 20:17 (Ref:2603366)   #1121
GT2-R
Racer

GT2-R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And will it be a 2010-F430?
Old 21 Dec 2009, 20:17 (Ref:2603367)   #1122
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
So nothing official from Risi as of yet, but some sources say partial season, some say full season, both from within the team. I'll wait to here something official before getting too excited.
Old 21 Dec 2009, 23:24 (Ref:2603450)   #1123
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT2-R View Post
And will it be a 2010-F430?
Someone that works for the team mentioned on their facebook page that 1 of their cars was on its way to Italy for the 2010 upgrades. I think that should tell us we'll be seeing Risi in some fashion or another in 2010.

And the Bear mentioned Krohn could up his ALMS/Risi/Ferrari involvement if they end up losing the Lola lawsuit (which looks probable).
Old 21 Dec 2009, 23:28 (Ref:2603452)   #1124
Hugewally
Veteran

United States
Largo, FL USA
Hugewally should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The team said before the end of the year that they'd be having the cars upgraded.
Old 22 Dec 2009, 17:19 (Ref:2603762)   #1125
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
Risi confirmed for the full season and Le Mans! No mention of drivers yet though.

So by my count, that makes 10 or 11 full time GT cars so far, and I suspect we might get a couple more if we're lucky.