Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 12 Apr 2013, 07:03 (Ref:3232821)   #1151
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
I will be back by then but would like a weekend not driving anywhere and not staring at motor cars!

Al, We are supporting a UK organiser, at least. And I go where the car goes, not that I'm complaining.......

Gordon, the weather suits me fine and am enjoying it, thanks. Already some sunburned Brits in the paddock!

Leffe is coming home intact.

I hope you got permission from Belgium to takr some of their beer into Spain Mike.
Old 12 Apr 2013, 07:39 (Ref:3232831)   #1152
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chigley View Post
Ahh, but Gordon you're a lost cause.
Fair enough but if I am "hopeless" at least I can choose to do it in the sun and not in the grey/damp UK
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 12 Apr 2013, 12:07 (Ref:3232906)   #1153
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I would like a weekend not staring at motor cars!
MODERATORS! Is he allowed to say that?
Old 12 Apr 2013, 19:38 (Ref:3233105)   #1154
Chigley
Veteran

England
Newbury, Berkshire
Chigley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
at least I can choose to do it in the sun and not in the grey/damp UK
that comment is below the belt and needs censoring.

Old 12 Apr 2013, 20:42 (Ref:3233132)   #1155
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
So is that Gordon and me banned then?

Old 12 Apr 2013, 22:39 (Ref:3233173)   #1156
Chigley
Veteran

England
Newbury, Berkshire
Chigley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Have you both got valid passports?
Old 13 Apr 2013, 06:48 (Ref:3233297)   #1157
pigs fly
Racer

Australia
327VOR 23DME BNE
pigs fly should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GREAT day watching V8's Supercars in Auckland, all qual and races 1and2 now back in motel watching F1 qual on tv and thinking of you poor cold people. ARE you still up to your armpits in snow, its shorts and t-shirt weather here looking forward race 3 sunday then F1 later on tv.
Old 13 Apr 2013, 07:59 (Ref:3233320)   #1158
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Suns out in Sussex . . . . its dry out there . . .going to get a few Cortinas out, cos I can . .
Old 13 Apr 2013, 08:21 (Ref:3233326)   #1159
gt917
Veteran

United Kingdom
Suffolk
gt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Sun out and clear blue sky here on Norfolk/Suffolk border and looking good for Snetterton.
Old 13 Apr 2013, 08:24 (Ref:3233327)   #1160
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Starting to cloud over in Wiltshire. It's going to be yet another wet race day for us in Dorset tomorrow I think. I understand the test day today is scheduled to be a regatta, thankfully we are not going down until the morning.
Old 13 Apr 2013, 12:01 (Ref:3233408)   #1161
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
40 c in Chaing Mai Noth Thailand just been out on the street celebrating the Thai new year with the locals everyone armed to the teeth with water guns giving everyone a good soaking, best fun I have had for years!
Old 13 Apr 2013, 13:30 (Ref:3233445)   #1162
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman View Post
40 c in Chaing Mai Noth Thailand just been out on the street celebrating the Thai new year with the locals everyone armed to the teeth with water guns giving everyone a good soaking, best fun I have had for years!
Be careful of those Ladyboys Al
On a more serious note steer clear of the Jet ski hire people as there are a load of scams going on, even some of the police are involved so don't expect any help !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 13 Apr 2013, 22:21 (Ref:3233650)   #1163
pigs fly
Racer

Australia
327VOR 23DME BNE
pigs fly should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
AL if you want a motor racing fix or two go to Adelaide 20-21st for touring car masters or go to Warwick in Queensland for the Historics on 27-28th April. Hope to see you at Warwick.
Old 15 Apr 2013, 12:31 (Ref:3234617)   #1164
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Click image for larger version

Name:	little and large 001.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	804.5 KB
ID:	39740
Here are the latest cars at Delta Stable. Arnott Formula 500 and Lola Formula 5000 could not be more different.
Old 15 Apr 2013, 12:34 (Ref:3234620)   #1165
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Click image for larger version

Name:	little and large 002.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	772.2 KB
ID:	39741
Better Pic.
Old 15 Apr 2013, 15:18 (Ref:3234708)   #1166
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ah,so your still about then Iain,was going to get a search party together and come looking for you.
Old 15 Apr 2013, 16:05 (Ref:3234722)   #1167
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Starting to cloud over in Wiltshire. It's going to be yet another wet race day for us in Dorset tomorrow I think. I understand the test day today is scheduled to be a regatta, thankfully we are not going down until the morning.
It wasn't wet! WOO-HOOO!!!! Test day was a monsoon, but we weren't there. We had cloud cover and a few spits of rain on Sunday but slicks stayed on all day - first time this year Mega!
Old 15 Apr 2013, 19:31 (Ref:3234825)   #1168
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Attachment 39740
Here are the latest cars at Delta Stable. Arnott Formula 500 and Lola Formula 5000 could not be more different.
Please please please can I have go in both of them!
Old 15 Apr 2013, 19:53 (Ref:3234836)   #1169
compte deGraves
Veteran

France
Charente, France
compte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcompte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Please please please can I have go in both of them!
Only the brave, the very brave, venture anywhere near a F3 500.
Old 16 Apr 2013, 04:25 (Ref:3235019)   #1170
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by compte deGraves View Post
Only the brave, the very brave, venture anywhere near a F3 500.
Iain's driven one! I was looking at an unclothed McLaren MP4 in the garages at Barcelona. It's just a big Formula Ford.......

Old 16 Apr 2013, 18:33 (Ref:3235432)   #1171
compte deGraves
Veteran

France
Charente, France
compte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcompte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Iain's driven one! I was looking at an unclothed McLaren MP4 in the garages at Barcelona. It's just a big Formula Ford.......

Old 16 Apr 2013, 19:10 (Ref:3235445)   #1172
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Attachment 39740
A quick engine swap job?
Old 16 Apr 2013, 21:28 (Ref:3235502)   #1173
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Well back at Dover blooming windy then on to hockenheim have fun at Caldwell and silverstone
Old 17 Apr 2013, 11:16 (Ref:3235745)   #1174
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
If any BTCC outfits want to hire new drivers they could do worse than go to Bangkok and take a taxi ride across town and start interviewing, they are bloody nuts! Health & Safety and Ambulance chasers have no place in that country, its nothing to see three four up on a small motorcycle or three and a small baby or even a dog, ten odd people often kids packed into the back of open pick up trucks going down the motorway at 60 to 70mph with the rear tailgate open and our cabbie feet away from them. Undertaking is the norm and they have a complete disregard for safety, no one wears seat belts and hardly any wear crash helmets on motorcycles and the road death rate is truly alarming 40 killed on the roads on the New Years (Thia New year is last weekend) get away.
Old 17 Apr 2013, 20:07 (Ref:3235926)   #1175
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
If any BTCC outfits want to hire new drivers they could do worse than go to Bangkok and take a taxi ride across town and start interviewing, they are bloody nuts! Health & Safety and Ambulance chasers have no place in that country, its nothing to see three four up on a small motorcycle or three and a small baby or even a dog, ten odd people often kids packed into the back of open pick up trucks going down the motorway at 60 to 70mph with the rear tailgate open and our cabbie feet away from them. Undertaking is the norm and they have a complete disregard for safety, no one wears seat belts and hardly any wear crash helmets on motorcycles and the road death rate is truly alarming 40 killed on the roads on the New Years (Thia New year is last weekend) get away.
Don't be daft Al. Things are improving a lot, mainly thanks to the FIA.

Jean Todt's Mrs is, iirc, a "Road Safety" envoy (or whatever they call them) for the world with special responsibility for the Asian area and has bee acheiving enormous success.

I stopped off in Malaysia some decades ago on a business trip to Oz. A quick 2 day visit to see a prospective client in Kuala Lumpur. (He was actuially an Aussie but had become "Malaysian" for various reasons to do with running his company and his young wife.) Bit of a petrol head. Drove an well used large Volvo Estate but had a TR2 as a hobby car.

Anyway, on the way form the airport (he kindly offered to collect me) he described the traffic hiearachy on the 4/5 lane road into KL. Basically it was "bigger rules". No one argued with trucks, next came buses, then vans, large cars, small cars, bikes, mopeds (lots) and pedestrians just did not count.

Have "enjoyed" the traffic in KL for a couple of days (some quite wide roads to cross - best to get a taxi.) he took me back to the airport and on the drive we came across an elderly gentleman of, probably, chinese extraction lying near the concrete barriers that represented the centre of a 4 lane highway. Bags of shopping strewn around. Likely beyond help.

Quite normal apparently.

If back then the police in Malaysia implemented the same road closing investigation concepts we use in the UK the country would grind to a halt.

Things may have changed - but I doubt it.

Michelle Todt may or may not be a success in terms of road safety. Who knows how bad things might have been without her?

One wonders whether, if Bangkok won the rights to an F1 street race, they woudl bother to close the roads.
Closed Thread