Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars. > New Zealand Motor Racing

Notices

Old 1 Feb 2013, 09:02 (Ref:3196977)   #1151
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Goat Boy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedish Brick View Post
How many people do you really think will not go to a Supercars round just because they won't see Supertourers there as well? Also considering there was never any suggestion of them ever being there?
At least ten, including me - not that I was expecting ST to be there until the suggestion was made the other day. But more of a principle thing protesting against extreme stupidity by MNZ.

When you look at their reason, that they don't want to ditch any of the classes from previous years, how many of them will actually be there this year?

Suzuki Swifts? Nope.
V8 Utes? Nope.
Porsche GT3? Nope.
TRS? Nope.

Hmmm, doesn't leave much on their support programme, does it?
Old 1 Feb 2013, 10:43 (Ref:3197036)   #1152
Sommersby
Racer

Sommersby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
How many people do you really think will not go to a Supercars round just because they won't see Supertourers there as well? Also considering there was never any suggestion of them ever being there?
Sorry to cut you Short there, but I interviewed Brian Budd, who confirmed that MSNZ had recommended the addition of V8ST to the Pukekohe supports. I wouldn't imagine Brian would give me anything other than a Straight Line.
Old 1 Feb 2013, 10:50 (Ref:3197041)   #1153
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommersby View Post
Sorry to cut you Short there, but I interviewed Brian Budd, who confirmed that MSNZ had recommended the addition of V8ST to the Pukekohe supports. I wouldn't imagine Brian would give me anything other than a Straight Line.
Old 1 Feb 2013, 10:54 (Ref:3197045)   #1154
DX20VT
Racer

DX20VT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Would be interesting to know if it was a NZ or OZ decision in the end not to run them?
But it probably one of those things that most will never find out.
Old 1 Feb 2013, 11:01 (Ref:3197047)   #1155
Sommersby
Racer

Sommersby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by DX20VT View Post
Would be interesting to know if it was a NZ or OZ decision in the end not to run them?
But it probably one of those things that most will never find out.
Statement today from MSNZ said they had decided that it was wrong to run new classes over ones that had previously raced there (at Supercar round)

Last edited by Sommersby; 1 Feb 2013 at 11:14. Reason: spelling
Old 1 Feb 2013, 18:21 (Ref:3197544)   #1156
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Statement today from MSNZ said they had decided that it was wrong to run new classes over ones that had previously raced there (at Supercar round)
That makes no sense at all.

Personally I think MSNZ is trying to kick the can down the road in the hope they can hang onto control, but there is only one inevitable conclusion now.
Old 1 Feb 2013, 19:27 (Ref:3197594)   #1157
Swedish Brick
Racer

Swedish Brick has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
I meant there was never any public expectation or announcement of them being there. So no fans would have bought tickets based on seeing Supertourers.
Old 1 Feb 2013, 19:47 (Ref:3197606)   #1158
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Quote:
I meant there was never any public expectation or announcement of them being there. So no fans would have bought tickets based on seeing Supertourers.
Has anyone bought tickets yet? Are they even on sale yet?
Old 1 Feb 2013, 20:00 (Ref:3197616)   #1159
Swedish Brick
Racer

No idea. Still doesn't change the point that no fans have, or would have expected the Supertourers to be there. Meaning protesting by not going is not going to be noticed. I've always believed that if you are going to protest, best do it in a way that gets noticed.
Old 1 Feb 2013, 20:03 (Ref:3197619)   #1160
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Right, better get Lisa Lewis to streak at the circuit carrying an ST banner...
Old 1 Feb 2013, 20:09 (Ref:3197624)   #1161
Swedish Brick
Racer

Not sure having her carry your banner would garner the kind of response you would want for the Supertours
Old 1 Feb 2013, 20:28 (Ref:3197638)   #1162
on_to_it
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
on_to_it has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Do you all think the following is being achieved currently?

MotorSport NZ is the sole authority appointed by the FIA to regulate motor sport in New Zealand in order to promote and achieve:

safety,
fairness, and
social responsibility

in the conduct of the sport.

The key goals are clearly defined in its current mission statement as follows;

MotorSport New Zealand is committed to develop and maintain an environment that enables the people of New Zealand to enjoy motorsport as a leisure and sporting activity.

MotorSport New Zealand is committed to promoting and improving motorsport in New Zealand as a widely recognised, accepted and respected sport.

MotorSport New Zealand wants people to enjoy and participate in the adventure and challenge of cars being driven with speed, safety and skill.

MotorSport New Zealand is committed to the professional and modern management of its business. It will create an environment in which people can contribute and expand their skills in and commitment to all aspects of the sport.

MotorSport NZ develops and maintains systems for safety, technical, judicial, accreditation, training and compliance, and other intellectual property necessary for the effective management and development of the sport. The systems and services of MotorSport NZ are provided to members, other customers and the community in order to achieve the MotorSport NZ mission.
Old 1 Feb 2013, 20:44 (Ref:3197646)   #1163
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
promax has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
No idea. Still doesn't change the point that no fans have, or would have expected the Supertourers to be there. Meaning protesting by not going is not going to be noticed. I've always believed that if you are going to protest, best do it in a way that gets noticed.
i'm not sure what's all the moaning is about? the st fan boys spent all last year blowing on how bigger and better than series was than V8SC.. now they're having a cry session about not being added to the V8SC meeting 3 months out? lol dunno why the st fanboys are blaming MSNZ or V8SC.. since st didn't want to be involved with either? they want to be in control of their own destiny! but hey.. that's what happens when you leave everything to the last minute lol no doubt there'll still be moaning from the st fans if st are added to the V8SC round next year.. *****ing about their races being too short.. or not having equal top billing... etc.. etc.

okay 7's time
Old 1 Feb 2013, 20:50 (Ref:3197647)   #1164
Evomike
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Evomike should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Well they will know on Monday when I tell them I won't be getting 15 hospitality packages. I was waiting till I knew if st would be there as they are not I won't.
Old 1 Feb 2013, 22:17 (Ref:3197711)   #1165
nistfan
Racer

New Zealand
nistfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by on_to_it View Post
Do you all think the following is being achieved currently?

MotorSport NZ is the sole authority appointed by the FIA to regulate motor sport in New Zealand in order to promote and achieve:

safety,
fairness, and
social responsibility

in the conduct of the sport.

The key goals are clearly defined in its current mission statement as follows;

MotorSport New Zealand is committed to develop and maintain an environment that enables the people of New Zealand to enjoy motorsport as a leisure and sporting activity.

MotorSport New Zealand is committed to promoting and improving motorsport in New Zealand as a widely recognised, accepted and respected sport.

MotorSport New Zealand wants people to enjoy and participate in the adventure and challenge of cars being driven with speed, safety and skill.

MotorSport New Zealand is committed to the professional and modern management of its business. It will create an environment in which people can contribute and expand their skills in and commitment to all aspects of the sport.

MotorSport NZ develops and maintains systems for safety, technical, judicial, accreditation, training and compliance, and other intellectual property necessary for the effective management and development of the sport. The systems and services of MotorSport NZ are provided to members, other customers and the community in order to achieve the MotorSport NZ mission.
That hasn't been used for some time in fact
Old 1 Feb 2013, 22:19 (Ref:3197717)   #1166
nistfan
Racer

New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evomike View Post
Well they will know on Monday when I tell them I won't be getting 15 hospitality packages. I was waiting till I knew if st would be there as they are not I won't.
You and a few others
Old 1 Feb 2013, 22:51 (Ref:3197755)   #1167
on_to_it
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by nistfan View Post
That hasn't been used for some time in fact
Really. So what replaced it, and why is that still on their website if it's out of date?
Old 1 Feb 2013, 23:30 (Ref:3197787)   #1168
Club racer
Racer

Club racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by promax View Post
i'm not sure what's all the moaning is about? the st fan boys spent all last year blowing on how bigger and better than series was than V8SC.. now they're having a cry session about not being added to the V8SC meeting 3 months out? lol dunno why the st fanboys are blaming MSNZ or V8SC.. since st didn't want to be involved with either? they want to be in control of their own destiny! but hey.. that's what happens when you leave everything to the last minute lol no doubt there'll still be moaning from the st fans if st are added to the V8SC round next year.. *****ing about their races being too short.. or not having equal top billing... etc.. etc.

okay 7's time

Get with the programme mate. It was MSNZ that declined V8ST at Supercars. It is in their statement. When they didn't want to be involved it was a slightly different ball park wasn't it? We are talking about now not then and some water is suposed to have passed under the bridge. Back then there were different people in the background pulling the MSNZ strings. Bit dfferent now at MSNZ, or is it? And anyway, there's one or two dicky birds saying Pukekohe may not even be ready. I doubt it, but it IS what two or three of my contacts in the know are saying. And with no support classes apart from three TLX cars, five old nails and whatever they can muster up from IRC, it's not really going to be worth the ticket price is it. Me, I'd MUCH rather support the home-based class and drivers and go to Puke when the SuperTourers are there. Full support category package, more accessible drivers, lap times probably a bit quicker round the new configuration and cheaper gate prices. Is it only me that thinks it's a no brainer? Mind you, I've never quite understood quite why Kiwis flock in their droves to watch Aussies and pay heaps for the privelage ahead of supporting their own team. Wouldn't happen in rugby eh! Hypocrites. And don;t give me the ******** that it is a superior class. The chassis are now all but identical.

Last edited by Club racer; 1 Feb 2013 at 23:36. Reason: spelling
Old 2 Feb 2013, 00:09 (Ref:3197816)   #1169
on_to_it
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by Club racer View Post
Get with the programme mate. It was MSNZ that declined V8ST at Supercars. It is in their statement.
I'm totally with you on those comments. PM does waffle on a bit and most of that water is well under the bridge. What are the support classes anyway, does anyone know?
Old 2 Feb 2013, 00:45 (Ref:3197851)   #1170
nistfan
Racer

New Zealand
Quote:
Get with the programme mate. It was MSNZ that declined V8ST at Supercars. It is in their statement. When they didn't want to be involved it was a slightly different ball park wasn't it? We are talking about now not then and some water is suposed to have passed under the bridge. Back then there were different people in the background pulling the MSNZ strings. Bit dfferent now at MSNZ, or is it? And anyway, there's one or two dicky birds saying Pukekohe may not even be ready. I doubt it, but it IS what two or three of my contacts in the know are saying. And with no support classes apart from three TLX cars, five old nails and whatever they can muster up from IRC, it's not really going to be worth the ticket price is it. Me, I'd MUCH rather support the home-based class and drivers and go to Puke when the SuperTourers are there. Full support category package, more accessible drivers, lap times probably a bit quicker round the new configuration and cheaper gate prices. Is it only me that thinks it's a no brainer? Mind you, I've never quite understood quite why Kiwis flock in their droves to watch Aussies and pay heaps for the privelage ahead of supporting their own team. Wouldn't happen in rugby eh! Hypocrites. And don;t give me the ******** that it is a superior class. The chassis are now all but identical.
Gee thats a good Post, I am thinking pretty much the same. The Aussie series has some real issues at the Moment. As I only get to a couple of Meetings each year its bang for Buck that I am after.
Looking at the Ticket prices, staying away and heading up in May( I would be going anyway) would be a great idea.

You are right, the cars are near on the same now, in fact a ST may just have around the same HP as a Nissan and Merc
Old 2 Feb 2013, 00:48 (Ref:3197852)   #1171
nistfan
Racer

New Zealand
Quote:
Really. So what replaced it, and why is that still on their website if it's out of date?
Sorry didn't mean that. Meaning that they don't seem to Stand by what they preach.

I guess that will come out in the Wash
Old 2 Feb 2013, 03:51 (Ref:3197907)   #1172
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
NZSTfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Plus 1 on that Club racer...well written.

I too am dissapointed that ST wont be the undercard for this years ITM, but i think at the end of the day it was going to be a big ask. Afterall isn't the ITM the final round for the NZV8's (and when i say final i do mean FINAL).

So from here lets look at the positives. ST starts up in a couple of weeks, it will be a huge event.

NZV8's will no doubt run to the end of their series, with maybe 5 TLX cars total (def 4 one would think with the FG), and then all going well, ST will be sanctioned as teir 1 by the time the V8SC comes back next year and then they will be on the card then.

But to add to that I do honestly think that MSNZ must be made up of complete muppets. Whats going to happen come April will be a very embarrasing show of motorsport with the whole two races in one idea (i.e TLX and TL cars sharing the same race). The Aussies will be laughing their t*ts off at what NZ can't do.

And after all of the supposed 'constructive' talks between the two camps, some info has clearly gone in one ear and out of the other.

All this does it make MSNZ look ridiculous and dysfunctional. Fortunately though, the big picture is that the ST's will be top gun pretty soon (according to MSNZ) so given enough time, hopefully we will have something decent to put on the grid at the ITM in 2014.

I could do a better job than MSNZ.....and i do mean that.
Old 2 Feb 2013, 04:46 (Ref:3197912)   #1173
Southern Man
Veteran

New Zealand
Southern Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
The chassis are now all but identical.
And that unfortunately is what I believe to be one of the issues for the Skippies don't want anyone to rain of their parade.
Dress it up however you like but that has always been and will continue to be an issues with the Aussie V8's rscing in NZ.
When they are running the show us kiwis are expected to look and behave like we are second class and that theirs is the superior product.

It is just the old golden rule being applied once again.
Old 2 Feb 2013, 05:02 (Ref:3197919)   #1174
smokin'joe
Veteran

smokin'joe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Man View Post
And that unfortunately is what I believe to be one of the issues for the Skippies don't want anyone to rain of their parade.
Dress it up however you like but that has always been and will continue to be an issues with the Aussie V8's rscing in NZ.
When they are running the show us kiwis are expected to look and behave like we are second class and that theirs is the superior product.

It is just the old golden rule being applied once again.
Carl, might be an idea to cut and paste into every thread, on a weekly basis. just to remind them.

if Petch and Co. hadn't have gone out to try and upstage the Aussie Pace chassis with putting a big donk under the hood, they may have gained automatic entitlement to the AV8SC undercard by default, but, yet again.............. egos dominate the sport from all sides, and everybody loses.
Old 2 Feb 2013, 05:17 (Ref:3197921)   #1175
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
promax has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
I'm totally with you on those comments. PM does waffle on a bit and most of that water is well under the bridge. What are the support classes anyway, does anyone know?
i'm surprised you asked that since the support classes were named last year? why should any of the supports be ditched just because st couldn't get their **** together and have the 2013 calendar sorted before 2013. telling circuits they aren't up to st standards andmaking claims about being a part of an overseas event (that wasn't a sure thing) doesn't seem like a good idea now, eh? and as for being a superior class.. V8SC aren't begging to be a part of a st run event.

it wasn't that long ago.. the people that are complaining the most.. were the same people claiming we don't need V8SC.. st was way better than V8SC. funny that